Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• You will ruin my immersion if you do that. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    DidiAoi
  • DakanDakan Behind you
    I tried to follow along with @toz but after reading that post four times and counting my toes twice, I'm just going to give up and say he's probably right.
  • I cheated a little, @Dakan :

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Dakan
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Apparently Toz likes to cut off the feet of people who have been walking barefoot for a few hours. Good to know!! Lol.

LeanaTenshyo
  • Toz said:

I cheated a little, @Dakan :

Why is there no 'Nightmare' or 'Late Night Aetolia' vote like the 'Awesome' one for posts like this?

• For some time now, I've felt that being able to HONOURS someone from anywhere is a bit ridiculous. Makes things difficult for Masquerade RP, or just anonymous RP, since they can just honours you and see where your allegiance lies.

My suggestion is that you only be allowed to HONOURS from a library, or any city government room. It'd be like looking up someone's birth records, or a dossier on the individual.

DidiKelliaraXeniaZailaTeaniPerilunaNoruinelValain
  • Idea 2: Could we make Syssin Fangs just allowed to be sold at general shops, along with sumac?
    On one hand, it'd be a convenience thing to just have the weakest damage venom allowed for people to bite with, and fangs.
    On the flip side, and I'm sure Syssin can prolly confirm or deny, but I doubt the Syssin would allow these types of things for mass distribution. (though I guess Sumac is now a general venom anyone can make with toxicology)

Camus should still be player distributed, though.

Xenia
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @Satomi
    That's effectively what I have always taken HONOURS to be - basically public records plus word of mouth without the mechanical effort required to go to a specific place and look them up. Since we're all "low grade telepaths" (see: TELLs, etc.), I try to think of it as if I'm calling into the public records office and they're giving me info over the phone - just without all that small talk.

I actually do like the idea of having to go to various locations to pull up records - or have guards on the street able to give you the "fame" lines of people. But, I'm pretty sure the first thing that would happen if that was implemented would be people begging for an artifact to allow them to view it from anywhere anyway.
    Satomi
  • @Zaila fair point :P

• @Oleis - this is mostly for newbies, but maybe have something like resetting your first aid priority list to 'default' add in the new afflictions? I was just checking the lists and they're not there by default.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    DakanXenia
  • DakanDakan Behind you
    FIRSTAID MISSING DEFAULT would be a cool option to just add anything you don't have set, at the default level.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Since banks have little purpose now, could we maybe make it so we can deposit directly into someone else's bank account? It would be a good way to conduct transactions when you can't meet up with someone in person, but mailing gold feels unsafe.
    KerrynDatoErzsebetLinZailaSeirXenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    ya plus with how safe your gold is bank fees just feel archaic now. No point using it.
  • I still use the bank.
    Why do I use it?
    It actually prevents me from just blowing all my gold. I mean I don't have that much gold, I'm poor by game standards. (Let's just say filling my cache 1/3 of the way will make me flat broke).

I personally don't see the mechanical need to be able to deposit since the Trade function is a thing for credits and iron coins.

SELL CREDITS TO FOR GOLD/COINS
    Same thing for coins too, I believe.

I want to say there is an actual syntax for trading things of a similar means too.

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    You can TRADE (ITEM) TO (PERSON) FOR (AMOUNT) GOLD/CREDITS/COINS , BUT I believe you need to both be in the same room to make that happen
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I like the idea of being able to deposit into someone else's account. Seems actually useful.
    imageimage
  • LeharLehar farm
    edited April 2017
    If there's not already, a way to see all of the racial relics we've combined? Especially if you come back from a time away and have no idea what you have, it'd be nice to just have a list or something.

EDIT: Am told this exists in the form of RELIC SKILLS. Thanks!
  • edited April 2017
    Artifact Pieces System

Basically this system lets a player buy an artifact at 1/10th of its cost and the player will benefit from it for 1 or 2 RL weeks. When the time expires the artifact will be defunct and leave you with a piece. When you acquire 10 pieces of this artifact, you become the owner of it. Pieces can be traded in similar to a full artifact.

Edit: Of course, from a business perspective in order to still encourage one-shot artifact purchases, the trade-in value of pieces could be set at 50% instead of 66%. So people will gather pieces and be more committed to the completion of that artifact. Regardless, I simply wished to present the system.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Kalak said:

Artifact Pieces System

Basically this system lets a player buy an artifact at 1/10th of its cost and the player will benefit from it for 1 or 2 RL weeks. When the time expires the artifact will be defunct and leave you with a piece. When you acquire 10 pieces of this artifact, you become the owner of it. Pieces can be traded in similar to a full artifact.

Edit: Of course, from a business perspective in order to still encourage one-shot artifact purchases, the trade-in value of pieces could be set at 50% instead of 66%. So people will gather pieces and be more committed to the completion of that artifact. Regardless, I simply wished to present the system.

Midkemia had artifact rentals, which had to be removed (or at least dramatically changed) per IRE. As this is effectively rent-to-own, I have to imagine a similar fate.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • A minipet command that would let us set a minipet in a room of a house or haven so that either it would be confined to that environment or wouldn't wander around.

• Oleis said:

Midkemia had artifact rentals, which had to be removed (or at least dramatically changed) per IRE. As this is effectively rent-to-own, I have to imagine a similar fate.

Midkemia had artifact rentals which allowed a player to use ingame gold to get an artifact for a time. That was a bad form considering how easily gold can be gained over time. They dramatically reduced rental time by keeping the cost same, so people could no longer throw gold at it.

On the other hand rent-to-own could make buying artifacts seem less daunting. After all, when you are buying a piece of an artifact, you are still buying an artifact. By reducing the tradein value of pieces, it would be easier to make people commit to completion of such artifacts.

Regardless it was simply a bit of an idea I felt that would make buying artifacts more enjoyable.
    Axius
  • I mean I would be more inclined to give you guys $500 for +3 con if I could do it in increments rather than all at once. 
    Axius
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Agreed with @Emir, if I've gotta end up buying this 850 credit crown for any intention to pvp, then I'd love to be able to do so at least in increments. Make it where I am pvp viable for about 4 or 5 IRL days on levels where I could justifiably expect to be, and then after so many payments over the course of a lengthy period of time, I could eventually -have- it after buying the appropriate number of pieces.
  • edited April 2017
    I mean honestly I could live without the rent part, though that would be super legit. Just maybe make it to where I can buy something like pieces for drop and forget price ranges. +3 stat artifact, you have to buy 20 pieces at 100cr a pop. The pieces could not do jack shit except turn into an artifact once I meet the required amount. In the end the artifact ends up costing me more $$$ than out right buying it but it's at affordable rates that isn't dependent on my ability to save cr. Cause I blow them whenever I get them.
  • I know this says "ain't no combat thread" (though we've deviated before) buuut...

It would be really cool of shapeshifting track worked while flying. This is particularly for wereravens, but I imagine anybody that could fly otherwise probably could too. The skill requires the target to be outdoors anyway, so that check's already there!
  • Those of you looking to buy things like +3 stat, keep in mind you -can- buy tiered powers incrementally, paying the difference in cost for each tier. The problem (if it is even) is you're looking at $200 or so for each of the first two tiers on +str, and then $400 for the third.

• Yeah the lump sum is the killer. 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It could be cool to switch Raven's track with Traverse but that's already and Atavian racial so it's sort of a so so trade.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Aishia said:

It could be cool to switch Raven's track with Traverse but that's already and Atavian racial so it's sort of a so so trade.

I already get to drop people on their heads. I'm happy enough with raven as is. You're all getting hoisted to random places now.
    Kerryn
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Headdrop is my favorite.
    Lin