Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosomsMember, Guildmaster Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Idea Box
Since the IDEAS command tends to be a way to simply keep track of ideas (and a graveyard for them!), recreating this thread from old forums.

Current Idea: a GODSLIST or for HELP GODS to be updated and kept updated with more pertinent information about the Gods and their Orders. It could be similar to the Houses list, in that actively-tended god roles would be marked as such, inactive roles evident, possibly have some notice of the general order size at the time being (large, moderate, small), if there's an order head active, and possibly what 'stance' the God has taken (IE Aggressive, indifferent, scholastic, etc).
Post edited by Lin on
AldricKiyotanMastemaKogXavinCiarelleAmaraTahlOrisaeAeireonAngweZunLiancaInfin

Comments

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Nevermind.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • RivasRivas Member Posts: 538 mod
    Kiyotan said:
    - Remove the requirement of a tinderbox from Woodlore's BUILD CAMPFIRE if the person is capable of using FireBreath. Assuming, of course, that Campfire is going to remain in Woodlore after the Sentinel revamp.
    Or Illumination, for that matter. For campfires, cigarettes, pipes, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Angwe
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosomsMember, Guildmaster Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said no for pipes because the aim isn't that good, though for larger things, it would nice to see it expanded (I love that I can firebreath a forge to life!).
    Erzsebet
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the FalconmountMember Posts: 632 mod
    Webs aren't like clans. They are recycled each time one is closed and created. I don't think a WEBTELLS command is in the cards.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    RivasZunYuukiLadrana
  • AldricAldric Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Areka said:
    - To be able to WARES (craftskill), to see all of something in that skill in a shop, rather than having to do a bunch of searches by item-type. IE: WARES COOKING would show all cooking items.

I really, really like this idea.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • AeronAeron Member Posts: 8
    Allow PATH FIND to work to major monuments (ie PATH FIND SPINESREACH) without having to be within a certain nearby area, replacing the WALK TO command.

And, on that note, let's remove the area restriction for path finding to room numbers.

Adding onto Kiyotan's note about the library, it'd be great if we could LIBRARY SEARCH (author/term), but I don't know how feasible that is.

YuukiLadrana
  • SaritaSarita The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Kiyotan said:
    - Isn't it about time we were able to use the LIBRARY CATEGORY <category> command and view only the books in that particular category?
    I think you can use LIBRARY CATALOG (category) for that.
    Axai
  • LinLin SMASHER/DEVOURER MASCHINEKLASTMember Posts: 1,556 mod
    Was just thinking that. Kind of Omei's gig, now!
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the FalconmountMember Posts: 632 mod
    Let's make them the Bardic/Artisanal Fellowships of Galleus. Tribute.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    YuukiLadranaLiancaValenae
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, NevadaMember Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    Can we have some kind of quest that allows you to change your endgame race? Some people still want to be Yeleni on the good team or something, even if all the Gods don't seems to care about it. Some of us (hi!) are purists up in this (beep)!
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon InnMember, Guildmaster Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭
    Alistaire said:
    Can we have some kind of quest that allows you to change your endgame race? Some people still want to be Yeleni on the good team or something, even if all the Gods don't seems to care about it. Some of us (hi!) are purists up in this (beep)!
    So many mixed feelings about this. I personally want the rp that goes along with the changing from Azudim to Yeleni. However, it is disheartening to feel as if the Gods don't care about helping the few players that do want it. I worry a quest will cheapen the event and then there are those that will just switch a million times. But at the same time I feel the frustration at waiting and hoping a God will take pity on you and help you out.

Xavin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosomsMember, Guildmaster Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's also a matter of the reasoning and handling of wanting the change. This 'purism' is super outdated, even if the IG messages about Azudim haven't been udpated with the lore/meaning of the race.  Now that Azudim is no longer bad or an abomination and is the other end of the cycle to Yeleni (death vs life, not to be confused with undeath), it does and should require more to change it than a costume change. 

So in addition to that - could we get some updated messages for Azudims? 
  • ZunZun Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    When using an item in an emote, can we have three things: - The item is colored according to our CONFIG COLOR ITEMS and not EMOTES. - If the item is preeceded by an article, trim the article from the item. (eg: 'emote strums his $lute violently' wouldn't show as: Zun strums his a birch-wood lute violently.) - Thirdly, if MXP is enabled, allow us to click the item to view it.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight SchoolMember Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we bring back undeath/necromancy's negatives effects on the environment? I know it was a minimal thing (hell, we don't even really need the mechanical effect) but the flavor was nice and helped enforce why such things are bad.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    YuukiLadranaAngwe
  • YuukiYuuki Member Posts: 17
    1) An 'ADOPT <person> AS CHILD' option for same-sex couples who still want a child/children. And a separate file to go with it. Such as, instead of BLOODLINE SHOW <person> you can do FAMILY SHOW <person> which would list each relative as 'Blood' or 'Adopted', and another file that would show only adopted family.

2) Don't take my rockharvest/crush. I mean it. Just D'Awwing that out there.

3) I just want to restate Kiyotan's Diamond idea. Crushing rocks for diamond dust would be amazing. And would also give me more incentive to stop whining about Rockharvest/Crush getting taken and make me get my butt up and bash Yuuki to Azuzu and beyond.

4) Sentinels shouldn't be able to do a catapult in every room. Every-other room would be better. Allowing them to do it in every room lets them pretty much catapult you into a city you're enemied to.  Not cool. ((And if I'm not mistaken, it's breaking an Aetolia rule similar to mind wrenching, braziering, and luring people into enemy cities?))
    Ladrana
    Also, I just thought of maybe being able to "ROCKHARVEST <colour>" so you can specify which colour you want and not have an OMG abundance of inks you'll just drop when you log/die if your cache is full. But still have ROCKHARVEST <colour> randomly pop a diamond dust rock is you do decide to allow Diamond Dust rocks.

Just saying
    Ladrana
  • XavinXavin Member Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this was brought up in the old ideas thread but...more endgame races. Specifically - ones tied to city and/or gods. They wouldn't even by necessity have to have special commands/messages for their racial powers, they could just use the defaults - Azudim messages for Bloodloch, Idreth for Spines, Yeleni for Enorian, and maybe a new fourth endgame race for Duiran?

(Yes, I know there are technically four endgame races already but Ankyrean hardly counts since there's only one)

YuukiHavenArbreLadrana
    Xavin said:
    I know this was brought up in the old ideas thread but...more endgame races. Specifically - ones tied to city and/or gods. They wouldn't even by necessity have to have special commands/messages for their racial powers, they could just use the defaults - Azudim messages for Bloodloch, Idreth for Spines, Yeleni for Enorian, and maybe a new fourth endgame race for Duiran?

(Yes, I know there are technically four endgame races already but Ankyrean hardly counts since there's only one)
    Ankyrean is for the city of Mazzion.
    HavenLadrana
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight SchoolMember Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xavin said:

I like the idea of more endgame races but I'd rather they not be tied in specifically tied to any one city beyond how Idreth is tied to Spinesreach currently (in that their Cabal were the ones to rediscover the method first). I'd much prefer alternate endgame races be rewards for great feats/events like how the Ankyrean one was. Like for winning an abundance of Order Wars Haern rewards his Order members an optional path to become <insert new endgame race here> after attaining a certain rank.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2