Recruit, Meet Commander

edited August 2015 in Roleplay Logs
In which Sevarius, a fresh Recruit of the Carnifex, meets his Commander, @Xenia ,up close and personal for the first time, and also gets a quick tour of his new city, Spinesreach! (For this log and my next one, pardon my lackluster skills. It's been a long time!)

--------------------------------------------------------

(Recruits): Xenia says, "Hail Recruit."
(Recruits): You say, "Greetings, Commander."
(Recruits): Xenia says, "Playing dice with some Spireans, but if you need an introduction still, let
us know and someone will get to you or I will when the game's over."
(Recruits): You say, "Far be it for me to come between a person and some hard-earned entertainment,
Commander. An introduction at some point would be appreciated, but I am most content to busy myself. Good luck with the dice, Commander."

--- A few minutes go by.

(Recruits): Xenia says, "The luck came my way and I just won, good timing, Recruit!"
(Recruits): You say, "Clearly I am a good luck charm, Commander. Congratulations on your victory! Did you win aught of note?"
(Recruits): Xenia says, "Bragging rights, the most important sort of win."
(Recruits): You say, "Ah, but of course. What value mountains of gold compared to pride, after all?"
(Recruits): Xenia says, "Now, enough merriment, Recruit. Report to the Keep for an introduction."
(Recruits): You say, "At once, Commander."

---Sevarius goes to the Keep!

Fortified entry to the Iron Redoubt.
A menacing warhound hulks here, growling quietly. A burly Atavian woman in blackened platemail
stands sentry here, guarding the entrance to the Fort. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular
monolith is on the ground. There are 4 simple iron helmets here. There are 3 pairs of large
pauldrons here. Xenia is standing, hands folded at her back, at the center of the room. She wields
an elegant glass tumbler in her left hand. An immense chain of charred iron links stretches down
towards the city below.
You see a single exit leading southwest.
You stand sharply at attention, fixed in a disciplined position.

You give Xenia a respectful salute.
Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Xenia squares her shoulders and crisply salutes you.

She is an athletic Idreth of Atavian heritage with a muscular build. Strong limbs hang down from her broad shoulders and hips, creating a rather imposing figure. Atop her head, bright, red hair has grown out to her shoulders. Strands of varying lengths insistently sweep across her dark green eyes in a contained mess of waves that tuck behind her ears. Clipping the edge of her brow and ending at the top of her cheekbone, is a jagged scar that crosses over her right eye. Her left ear is sliced at a downward slope along the top, giving it an angled 'U' shape that does little to hold what strands of hair manage to remain tucked here. Down from her gaze, an aquiline nose stands above thin, pale lips, complimented nicely by her skin, bearing a color, and likewise a gleam, that resembles bronze. She walks with the blessing of Severn. She walks with the blessing of Iosyne.

(scuffed and well worn) : a pair of charcoal snow boots
(perched atop her fiery crown) : a knitted red and white cap
(masking the face, leaving slits for eyes) : a thick, knitted red and white scarf
(strung on a chain arond the neck) : a ring engraved with the Seirath crest
(left unbuttone and worn open) : a warm, charcoal winter coat
(visible beneath the coat) : a scant set of fur-lined gray platemail

"I see you've found your way to the chest and into a uniform," Xenia notes as she assess you with a critical eye. "You also seem to have picked up a thing or two about standing at attention." However, these words do not come with an appraising tone, and instead spoken as one may discuss the qualities of a hound. "At ease, Recruit," she adds, adopting a less formal stance herself, arms coming to rest at her sides. "I assume you know your way around the Iron Redoubt--" she gestures about the deep cavern serving as base to the Carnifex, "and found your way to the barracks?"

Sevarius remains at attention as Xenia speaks, features schooled into impassivity,
his slate-grey eyes studying Xenia intently. At her command, he visibly relaxes into a less rigid
stance, though he still maintains a disciplined posture nonetheless, hands clasped behind his lower back. He inclines his head towards Xenia and offers, "I am still committing the layout to memory, Commander, but I can navigate it quite well. I passed the barracks, yes, but I did not want to claim a bunk without permission to do so."

Xenia's own green gaze remains intently on you, head ticking but a fragment downward in something of a nod towards the man's words. "You are free to claim a bunk that has been left unmade," she notes, motioning the words with a sleight gesture of hand. "Though this is business that another can square away with you if you are unable to sort it for yourself." With heavy steps, the plates of her armor clinking and sliding together with the motion, she approaches to look closer upon the Recruit. "I see you are still living, sense that your heart still beats," she notes thoughtfully, "have you put any thought on whether you intend to embrace undeath or continue as you do now, living and breathing?"

Sevarius dips his head in acknowledgement of her words, a nod a fraction deeper than her own. "I am quite capable of dealing with the matter myself, Commander, thank you." At Xenia's approach, he falls silent, showing no overt signs of trepidation or fear at the approach of the Carnifex's Commander. "I have indeed, Commander, and it is a matter that I have been pondering for a little while now. I fully intend to remain amongst the living, and as such I believe I must relocate from Bloodloch to somewhere more fitting, yes?"

Xenia's approach halts but an arms length away, where there she listens to your answer. "This would be correct," she replies, "your only option is the city of Spinesreach, if you are prepared," the idreth raises a hand towards a white crystal amulet, "I can induct you now and I can show you briefly around the Republic."
Sevarius responds with no hesitation, his reply crisp. "I am prepared. I would very much appreciate that, Commander, thank you."

Xenia clasps a hand to your shoulder, the other taking up a sulfurous amulet, "Stay close," she warns you, "we will travel by deathcaves."

Sevarius dips his head in a quick, curt nod, features held in a mask of calm. "Yes, Commander."

In a blur of an instant the two of you are in a channel of caves, appearing there after Xenia utters a foreign word, but the stay is not long and soon she guides you through a tunnel which leads to the gates of Spinesreach. "We stand now at the northern gate," she explains to the Recruit, "from here, I will guide you on where to go so that you will at least have some inkling of the city's layout."

Leveling a hand pointed south, Xenia Seirath-Tash'Vetra says, "It's a straight shot that way to a set of stairs, go there."

Sevarius passes a hand over his eyes, blinking rapidly as he stands before the gate. He makes a soft noise of surprise, grey eyes flicking over the gate momentarily before he nods, uttering a quiet, "That was..Swift.", before he sets off with a purposeful stride.

---Makin’ my way downtown~

You ask, "Down, Commander?"

Xenia calls for a halt here, striding forward towards a shrine of Iosyne. "This is the guild Matron's shrine," she informs you, "there are others scattered over the lands, but this is the main one that has been linked to the city. Should you decide to offer to Her, then it will be best to do so at this particular one." With those words she nods towards the man, eyes drifting down towards the stairs. "This leads down into the tunnels of the city, in between is the city's Pylon."

Sevarius steps towards the shrine slowly, head canted to one side as he observes the edifice with open curiosity. He lowers his head in a faint gesture of respect towards the statue before he returns his attention to Xenia. "Duly noted, Commander. It would behoove me to learn more of our Matron, then." He lifts a hand to run gauntleted fingers through his atramentous locks, gaze focused upon the stairs. "I see. May I ask what purpose a Pylon serves, Commander?"

Xenia Seirath-Tash'Vetra says to you, "It is how we harness ylem energy within the city, if you head down you'll be able to see it up close."

You nod your head at Xenia.

Xenia nods towards Fridhild Ironfang, "This is the city's ylem item merchant. There are plenty of scrolls available to citizens that discuss all the intricacies of Ylem. See CHELP and you'll spot the category."
Sevarius inclines his head at Fridhild Ironfang politely, listening attentively to Xenia.

Xenia Seirath-Tash'Vetra says to you, "Ylem I will explain more in depth at another time, for now let's continue on the exploration."
Xenia casts a glance back towards the stairs, "From here, head down into the city's tunnels."
Sevarius turns his eyes upwards, studying the pylon inently for a long, lingering moment before he nods, turning on his heel to head downwards..

--Tunnels!

"These tunnels can be used to traverse the city more directly, rather than taking the winding paths that lead through the halls and upper levels of the citadel," Xenia explains to you. She extends her right hand out, extending pointer finger down and thumb westward, the others clasped into her palm. "The tunnels are shaped as such. Where they bend, another set of stairs have been set, leading up to the Inner Gate. Go there."

Sevarius watches Xenia's motions quietly, taking in the demonstrated shape of the tunnels without so much as a word, evidently content to remain silent and absorb all Xenia has to teach. Once again commanded to move, he does so, turning and walking off towards the aforementioned stairs.

--Loiter central

Xenia Seirath-Tash'Vetra says to you, "This is typically where the Spireans gather."

Sevarius casts a cursory glance about the area, a pale brow arching as he studies the various figures scattered about. "I see, Commander. A prime place for loitering, should one be inclined, I suppose.", he muses, the corner of his lips twitching upwards in the faintest hint of mirth.

Xenia's head tilts upward, sensing shifts of energy in the air and the passing of lives. "This tour must be cut short, I'm afraid, a fight is breaking out. I will show you to the town's directory and guild's shop and quarters."
Xenia points northward, "The directory for shops is that way, you can also always use PATH FIND DIRECTORY from any point in the city to locate this. Head all the way north until we reach the Grand Hallway."

Attention sharpening upon Xenia Sevarius nods abruptly. "No need, Commander. Attend to your battle, I will muddle my way through the city."

Xenia Seirath-Tash'Vetra says to you, "It can wait long enough for me to show you the guild's quarters, please, make haste to the directory."

You nod your head emphatically.

Pointing southwest, Xenia Seirath-Tash'Vetra says, "This is the guild's shop, can find most of the supplies you need there, if not, check the directory or try my show wich is," she points to the southest, "That way. Now, head into the shop, the guild's quarters are connected through there."
Xenia Seirath-Tash'Vetra says, "Here is the guild's public area, reachable by all Spireans. Head out to enter the guild's Spirean outpost."

Xenia Seirath-Tash'Vetra says, "There's a mess hall and another set of barracks here. You may also select a bunk in these quarters if you prefer someplace closer to rest."

You say, "I see. Thank you, Commander."

Xenia points towards the southeast, "Mess hall," then nods to the southwest, "Barracks. THe other rooms are offices for myself or officers. Do if the doors open, refrain from entering without permission."

Xenia steps away from you, "I'll leave you here for now, explore the city, I'll suggest to one of the citizens to give you a more in-depth tour, if you'd like."

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Xenia squares her shoulders and crisply salutes you.
Straightening into rigid, militant attention, you square your shoulders and crisply salute your fellow soldiers.

(Recruits): You say, "Kill well, Commander."

Left to his own devices, Sevarius relaxes his stance considerably, a smooth brow arching as he surveys his surroundings. "Well then..." He meanders over to the armour rack, letting out a soft 'tsk' as his gaze roves over the savage, rough lines that form the item. "Such blatant savagery. A touch of elegance wouldn't go amiss." He purses his lips and clasps his hands behind his back, eyes of polished slate lifting up and turning to peruse the myriad polearms that decorate the wall. To these he gives a faint, "Mm." of approval, before he turns to explore the rest of the compound.

EmelleAldricXeniaMoxie