Today I learned

This is a thread for random OOC non-IG things that you might have learned that's weird, unusual, or just amusing..and may or may not be commented on in an IG context depending on the content.

I'll start:

Today I learned that there is a small town on an island that's just north of Norwegia called Longyearbyen where it's against the law to die. They deport terminally ill people to Norwegia.

Yes, I get the reasoning why with it having to do with decomposition and permafrost, but it's still a wtf-worthy law.

P.S.: The undeadite in me feels like there's a "life-ist" type of joke somewhere in there.
Malok

Comments

• Today I learned that even though Enterprise's website requires a credit card, and even though the one time I was gonna help Galleus rent a car years ago, it required a credit card, that the Enterprise near my house does not in fact require a credit card. Which is good, because I don't have one, and I want to rent a car to roadtrip me, @Callidora, and @Akirash around with soon!

The More You Know.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Didi
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    This is not a "I have learned" as much as me correcting something and hopefully adding another "I have learned". The name of the country is Norway... not Norwegia. Sorry, but the Geography teacher in me cringed and I couldn't help myself. <.<

AryanneErantEydisMephistolesAngwe
  • I had been assuming "Norwegia" was some weird translation of a city name or something... I didn't even realize he meant the country

EydisDrahkuna