If you could change anything about shops in Aetolia, what would it be?

OleisOleis Producer EmeritusAdministrator, Immortal
edited September 2015 in Idea Box
Title says it all.

This is not a promise of any kind. Please do not take this thread as an indication that shops are actively being reimagined. This is just research for the inevitable changes, when they happen.
You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
[---]
"^," Slyphe agrees with you.

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited May 2015
    1. For an option for the shop log to say what shelf something was on in brackets.
    Example:
    2015/05/13 01:39:50 - Neron purchased a draped and wrapped gray hood for 200 gold sovereign. [7]

2. For WARES to list the shelf number first. Example:
    [3] [Iron displays of heavy and lightweight weaponry]

3. An in-line command to price all of an item type individually (price all single longsword 4000 shelf 2 - would price every single longsword in a shop 4000 on the 2nd shelf). BONUS: Would be awesome if you could do it by stat range (price all 145 dam single longsword 4000 shelf 2 - would price all longswords that have a MAXIMUM DAMAGE of 145 or under at 4000 shelf 2).

4. Errand boys/packaging. BUY item, item2, item3, item4 IN PACKAGE kind of like the massproduce in package thing.

5. To be able to search by tags/have a special OUTFIT tag that would let you group items into units/keywords in a shop. WARES OUTFIT WILDERNESS would list all items bundled in the 'wilderness' tag.

6. For shop owners to be able to look in the shop's cache from the shop itself, not just the stockroom.

I have more I'll remember at some point.
    AryannePerilunaErzsebet
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    If I could buy empty vials. Seriously, I don't think 'emptyvial' or just 'empty' work, because the former is simply not a command, and the latter might hit random cauldrons, pots, cups, etc.

NalorFaerahAryannePerilunaKeshena
  • - More shelves than 10 (is this already possible?)

- If the craft shelves could have kegs/casks/cached items placed on them

- If items on shelves did not randomly rearrange themselves by item number and remained precisely in the order they were set. Every now and again I have to go into the Syssin shop to rearrange the whips/dirks/bucklers/shields/etc because they jumble up on their own.

- If BUY VIAL defaulted to empty vials. (I cannot tell you how many newbs end up with vials of different venoms from the Syssin shop).

- Random: Cacheable pearls for design shelves would be awesome.
    AryannePeriluna
    @Faerah - there is an artifact that increases shelf number to 20.

Cacheable kerrithrim's wrath would be nice too, alas, to dream.
  • edited May 2015
    I'd merge the refugee camp and Delos into one neutral shopping area.
    TrigruTeaniKerrynArekaAarbrokCassandra
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I'd love it if crafting artifacts worked with craft shelves.

Bigger stockrooms for Delos and the Refugee camp. I realize, the smaller stockrooms may be intended to give city shops more of an appeal over Delos and the Refugee camp. But as a Delos shop owner? More space would be nice. It would also help alleviate multiple shops due to not everything fitting in one. (Or so I'd hope).

While, the increase in stockroom space for cities is due to a ylem perk. I don't think it a stretch for Delos to start trying to get their hands on a bit to sell or trade for their own benefit. So, if a shopkeeper is a citizen of a city that they have arrangements with then they could allot a larger shop stockroom to match the major cities.

Larger shop caches, sometimes 5000 moss just isn't enough. >.>

ArekaPerilunaCassandra
  • The ability to shuffle shelves around so if I want to move everything I have on one shelf to another I don't have to unprice everything and then reprice it elsewhere (especially with design shelves cause unpricing them is a bit of a pain). If this is already doable, please let me know! I haven't found any references to a command to the sort.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    This is an honest question, as I'm still learning how shopkeeping works from a player perspective. At that point, wouldn't it be easier to just change the details of the shelf itself, rather than moving everything? Or is the goal to merge shelves (i.e. Stuff already on the shelf to which you're moving everything)
    [---]
    @Faerah - we can move shelves as in rearrange the order they show in.

+--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #557 ----------------------------+
    | Entered by: Razmael Date: 2014/06/27 10:40:22 |
    +--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+

You can now swap the position of two shop shelves by doing SHELF SWAP .
  • Thanks @Areka!
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    @Areka Becue said she was gonna get around to making all of the buyable gems cacheable. Though I'm not sure it'll hit Kerrithrim's Wrath 'cause its base is 'gem'. Though, in theory they could just change that to be kerrithrimswrath or whatever and it'd be fine? They fixed a flower base-type error being ferm and not fern and it fixed it in an existing design. Don't -think- they did it manually. So in theory it should just shift the base in everything its in. If it can be done, @Oleis, I can get y'all a list of all the ones that do that (use gem/crystal/chunk/rock/etc), if it'd make it easier.

Shop stuff/changes I'd like to see (beyond the cacheable shinies that'll make stocking jewelcrafts 10X easier):

Stackable artifact shelves? Or something that lets us sink tons of credits into tons of space. I have at least 300 designs more space than I actually have room for when my shops are fully stocked. Probably more.

Things being searchable by tags would be beyond awesome.

Things being searchable by substring -- presently it only works part of the time and is very hit or miss. Sometimes searching a word works, sometimes not, not really sure on the rhyme or reason. Is like that on a lot of things, searching wares/directory green will pull up some things with green in the sdesc but not all, so it isn't the word itself.

Possibly a way to designate a quantity of things for sale from the cache rather than all of it? I.E. If I have 55 feathers from the cache, I want a way to sell up to 50 of them, so the designs in the shop that -use- feathers don't get kicked out of stock because someone bought all of my feathers. Being able to hold a reserve back would be useful.

Fix shelf swapping? Right now you can't swap the 10th shelf.

This is probably my OCD talking, but a way to keep items in the order you put them would be nice? I had my shop sorted/priced alphabetically. The design shelves stay in the order you put them, but physical items shift around to be ordered by raw numeric ID. Not sure when or why, but they do it periodically. Would be nifty if the order we set them as was maintainable without a lot of hassle.

Would be kinda spiffy if you could fill-in-the-blanks so-to-speak on commodities in a shop. Like. If I have an ugly hat that's encrusted with pearls, that have zero in stock because pearls aren't cacheable, being able to buy it anyway as long as you show up with a pearl would be hella convenient.

A way to look at the full shelf names without going into wares--maybe SHELF LIST FULL could actually show the whole thing?

Toggleable notifications for when stuff a crafting shelf is pulling from the cache goes out of stock? So like, if someone buys 500 bandages and eats all of my cloth in the process, I don't have 300 designs sitting there unbuyable till I actually notice. It'll just automatically message me when it gets to zero and go 'X SHOP HAS NO MORE CLOTH IN ITS CACHE"

Flowercaches for shop? I'd be okay with this being an artifact, since it's otherwise only granted by possession of the floristry skill. Alternatively, shop flowercaches for florists?
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    So much good feedback so far. Thanks! Keep it coming. :)
    [---]
    Riluo
  • The ability to steal from a shop. Items like vials, clothes, anything not from a cryptic chest/giftbox which can suppliment someone. If caught stealing, can be banned for a time from someone's shop. Or attacked by the city guard if you are caught.

Sabotage--Something you find more verbally then in action. A shop owner who is in competition with another shop owner can degrade the 'value' of someone's shop by using 'cosmetic' based attacks! ((broken shelves, the shop sign could be doodled over, the assistant npc ignores people sometimes like poor customer service, and maybe sweeping grime all over the floor in front of the shop))
    ArekaErzsebetAishiaAryannePeriluna
    Please no. Robbing shops is just lame. 99% of the time there is no RP involved, or involvement beyond goading and/or silence and utter loss. It is just a way to troll people. I can only think of ONE robbery (total robber, shop or personal combined), where there was reasonable RP involved to make it more than just 'lol sucks to be you!'.
    ErzsebetRashar
  • Wat, how else will the syssin be syssin without shop robberies?
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Such snark.

Much impressed.

Wow.
    IshinFaerahAryanneKeshena
  • It would really be nice if orgs had the option to own casks as opposed to people. Makes it very hard when the org buys a cask under a person's name, and they stop playing, to keep them filled with venoms for milking.

Conversely, being able to milk in a stock room would be nice.

IshinArekaErzsebetFaerahDidiAryanne
  • edited June 2015
    Can kegs be changed? Currently you have:

[Teas]
              keg102659 a refill of a bright, orange peel black tea     110     35gp
              keg114216 a refill of a robust, honeyed Djeirani breakf   145     35gp
              keg130293 a refill of a refreshing, mint and chocolate     90     35gp
              keg287782 a refill of a soothing, petal-steeped lavende    90     35gp
              keg118903 a refill of a warming, spiced red apple tea     140     35gp

You can see how some of the characters get cut off. My request would make it look something like this, instead:

[Teas]
              keg102659 a bright, orange peel black tea (refill)        110     35gp
              keg114216 a robust, honeyed Djeirani breakfast tea (ref   145     35gp
              keg130293 a refreshing, mint and chocolate tea (refill)    90     35gp
              keg287782 a soothing, petal-steeped lavender tea (refil    90     35gp
              keg118903 a warming, spiced red apple tea (refill)        140     35gp

ArekaKerrynAryanneIshinRasharErzsebetXeniaTragerEmelle
  • Significant expansion of not just shops and how they operate, but the entire economic structure of the game that creates a deeper economic experience for players who are interested in generating potentially vast wealth. Ahem. You did ask...
    Keshena
    edited July 2015
    A way for shoppers to get a quick list of the shelves in a shop that have items on them, then peruse only that one shelf.

>SHOP SHELF LIST
    [The Vigilant Blade offers]
    1 Tools for the Cure
    3 Templar-issue garments
    9 Racks of heavy and light weapons

>WARES SHELF 1
    [Tools for the Cure]
    pot14584 a very nice pot 2 300gp
    Periluna
  • It seems pricing enchantments NOT in scrollracks is annoying, could it be changed to be like

price -enchantment type- blah blah, So far, frostblast, waterwalking, and resistance rings have the issue. Ive yet to find others
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    It would also be great if shop logs could span more time like org logs now do. At least like, 15 RL days, so you can see a full taxed season in one sitting.

Or, to be able to print a report of tax seasons that just tallies things that were sold, how much at what price for what item on what shelf, disincluding who did what in each entry.
    ErzsebetFaerahKerryn
    edited August 2015
    Would be -awesome- if it would -tell- you when you hit the amount-of-stuff limit instead of just letting you endlessly add designs til you can't use wares or directory to find anything anymore. :/

Edit: While I'm here, talking about space. Could we please-please-pleeeeease let crafting shelves stack? I have level 3 things in every shop I have and still don't have enough space.
    imageimage
    Kind've tanggentially related, would be neat if there was a way to search directory by specific phrase/word? Like. You can now, to an extent, but if you use an alternate, it pulls up the base designs, too. If you search locket, pendants and necklaces all show up, too. The ability to narrow it down to -just- the subset of what you're looking for would be spiffy/helpful.
    imageimage
  • I don't own a shop myself, but it is tiresome to have designs made from crafting shelves still being listed in the directory even if the shop does not have the required commodities. You find something, run to the respective shop and then it is listed with 0. :/

On a more constructive note, perhaps it'll improve the stocking habits if shop owners could receive a message once an item sold out/can't be made from a shelf. It could come as a common service or perhaps add it as a feature to shopkeeper mobs. A small artifact could probably work as well.
    ArekaAshmer
  • As a novice shopkeeper who does everything by hand and doesn't have neat spreadsheets or notes on stock, I find it helpful to see the item listed with a 0 so I know I need more of something. That said, I like the last part of the idea above. That'd work too.
    Trager
  • Since I don't have spreadsheets and all that either, I tend to rely on Eliser or someone who wants X sparkly thing dropping me a message along the lines is 'X is out of stock and I reaaaally want it.' or what have you, save for the periods in which I'm actually fiddling with the shop.

It would be -super- helpful if it would drop a message or even just a log note when someone bought out either the item in question, or one of the components required therein.
    imageimage
  • Gonna necro this thread since shopkeeping is basically all I do in game now. Right now, if someone buys more than one of the same item from a design shelf, the shop log reads:

2016/07/29 01:58:05 - Markov purchased 2 vials for 700 gold sovereign.

...So I have no idea which of the vial designs I have on sale was purchased. This happens with any multiple purchase - all I see is the item type and no specific information.

I would love to be able to know specifically what plates, vials, and other items people are buying in bulk because then I know which designs sell best and can cater to people's tastes more in the future.
    Zaila
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    On a related note, pre-filled bandages don't show which types (orbis, etc.) sold, even though vials do.
  • edited August 2016
    Let me buy multiple "refills" of a scrollrack on an item. It seems pretty innocuous to me. If not, I mean, I don't really want 10 waterwalking rings, but I will do it if I have to. Either way, it would be nice to have the following:

Do what you did with fluidcache - where I noticed that if I run out of a thing, it shows me that I have zero applications of curare. That way, it's easy for me to know which piece(s) of jewelry to "refill" (with say waterwalking).

EDIT: someone just showed me MAGICLIST ALL

For certain containers (like say minipet cages, not sure if there are other things like this), have the output work like auction wares already does (it gives the brief description of what is inside the cage).
    ErzsebetZaila