Flame calls to Flame

So since coming back, Rashar has sort of been floating. Dedicating himself to guild and city and strengthening both, but aside from a short stint in a Holy War and occasionally chasing people off of Big Sly's island, nothing really faith related. Still, Auresae is a thing, and has always drawn him. There's been a few interactions recently between him and her, and a lot of self reflection for our favorite neighborhood wastrel. He was sitting about considering things when:

(Thoughts in >> << )

A fountain of translucent flame erupts from the ground and coalesces to form black iron claws.

--- Metal, wrist-length gloves allow these claws to remain on the wearer's hands at all times. Heavy and thick, the iron forming the wicked adornments has been hollowed out so as to allow one's real, elongated claws when transforming to perfectly fit within. It seems elemental ash has influenced the metal, turning it a pitch black that dully gleams in any light, and emberite tips the wicked tools to grant a fiery gleam with each swipe. ---

You have emoted: Rashar glances around, eyes narrowed. Lips pursed, but there is an expectant set to his expression more than a surprised one. "My Lady," he rumbles easily. "What are these, then?"

(Tells): The Divine voice of Auresae echoes in your head, "Obvious are your considerations, I think greatly of you regardless of your choice."

(Tells): The Divine voice of Auresae echoes in your head, "I think that our pasts often bear much upon our future, but we change...we burn and we overcome."

You have emoted: Rashar takes a step forward and kneels, reaching out for the claws and grasping them in one hand. His lips twitch, but there is a certain bitterness behind the wry look he sends to the sky. "You once called me a dog," he remarks mildly, turning the items over and inspecting them closely. "I think You were perhaps closer to the mark than even You thought, at the time." Coming upright like a column of dark-skinned shadows, he rolls broad, bared shoulders and notes, "Seeing nothing through the red haze of my anger. Just set me on the prey and hope I calm before I return home, hmm? Until an overzealous sort of loyalty makes an enemy out of friends, anyway. You are right, I think. We do change, sometimes."

You are transported by the power of the Divine.
Atop the Pillar of Auresae.

Auresae paces around the pillar, eyes fixed upon the location in which you have appeared, "Perhaps, it was a moment in My existence where I thought vengeance was the best fuel for a flame filled with such intensity, but alas...even a proper hunting hound need be given suitable respects." She intones, dire in Her expression as She purses Her lips in thought a moment, "Was it proper of me to perhaps alienate one with such a great heart, such a vibrant flame in tasks simplistic, absolutely not, for you are greater than that Rashar."

Auresae says, "A caring father underneath the sharp exterior, a good man, a loyal heart."

Auresae attempts for good measure, eliciting a smirk before She speaks in conclusion, "A proper feller's....feller."

You have emoted: "An ass," Rashar offers mildly. "A stubborn son of a bitch, even when I don't need to be. Too impatient for my own good - or politics, if you would believe the Pentarch." Nothing self-deprecating in his words, only a casual sort of assessment that indicates a great deal of reflection. "I would like to think that in time, I can become something more than a hunting .." A twitch of his lips. ".. Do me the courtesy of naming me wolf, at least. Time will tell."

Auresae grins, shaking Her head, "You are a proper wolf, you must remember that Cirta...Arbre has had more run ins with My flame, yet." She informs, eying you properly, "You are the sort of violent roiling flame that offsets those who flicker idly upon their wick." She snorts, dismissing the nonsense and apology, "We have flaws, that is what the flame represents, if you were bloody perfect, I would not want you."

Auresae says, "Perfect kills the flame, look at My Brother Rahn."

Auresae says, "Damned if I want a bunch of idle, kneeling flame worshipping loyalists who cant be an individual with flaws."

Auresae says, "I want those who aspire to be, and overcome their flaws daily."

You have emoted: "A bit before my time," Rashar admits with an easy smile for Auresae, launching into his own circuit of the pillar that keeps him close, yet far enough away to watch the Goddess carefully, studying her movements and listening to her words. The last have his brows lifting, but there is a flame reflected in his bottomless gray eyes, a glow in their pits that spreads easily throughout those otherwise dark voids as his approval grows. Still moving counter to her, he nods. "And yet Your presence does much to inspire homage. It would not be a terrible thing, to kneel before You." Despite the comment, he seems to be making no effort at obeisance.

>> Aspire to be what, Lady? <<

Auresae grins, sensing your circuit She continues walking, permitting your thoughts to meld under the light of the flame, "..when it is warranted then by all means, but if all one does is stay upon their knees what use are they to their goals, to...Me." She muses, Her hands flailing as She animates in discussion, "One must have aspirations to seek their own path under the banner of the Light, Sabael..." She pauses, taking a breath, "Faith, faith is not one goal, but a series leading to one point."

Auresae says, "In the end, it all amounts to what you feel you have done and if you feel you have done it the best you can."

Auresae says, "Everything My Fire represents, is a way to temper yourself for the best outcome for the best interests of ours."

You have emoted: Rashar's eyes narrow slightly. "I am not sure what I think of this Saebalism," he admits after a time, rolling to a halt and studying Auresae, watching her reaction. "I think it may be good for the city, though." A shrug, absent in execution but belied by the whirling thoughts beneath. "I don't want to follow it, Lady. I want a purpose. Your Fire called to me, when I was a youth. You could not answer, and so I found Him - and His is a path that even now I understand. I still consider His mine to protect, because I am a foolish man with foolish ideas of worth. If I return to You, it will be for You. Not for a greater goal that I already work for, every day."

Auresae turns, slowly, and Her flames alight the surroundings and lend you a warmth in their embrace, "It is for the city..." She says quietly, eyes narrowing in a similar study as they gaze upon you, "Personal faith, is yours and yours alone. Your decision is not -for- me, it is because you feel My way is the best suited to grant you success in your efforts to bolster yourself to serve greater purpose."

Auresae says, "Do so because you desire it, not because you think it is what I would want, or you believe....you said yourself, the flame called to you."

Auresae says, "That is not My doing, I merely feel when you call back."

Rashar grunts. "Words only," he states easily. "We mean the same. For You I say, because flame calls to Flame." His head tilts to the right, and the Idreth offers with a small, crooked smile, "I hardly think You -need- me, yes?" Rolling his shoulders again, he spreads his arms, splaying his fingers out wide at his sides and enjoying the heat for what it is.

Auresae walks forward, silently, Her head down and gazing upon you as She inches closer to the point of standing right before you, "Needs are a mortal desire, but I would not be opposed to your returning and feeling your flame in a far closer proximity." She intones, placing a hand upon you shoulder and bringing you close to Her in an embrace, "You just need to say you wish to have a purpose as one of Mine, and so it shall be again."

You have emoted: Rashar seems to still, remembering another time and another place. Thrilling, and deadly, and stoking as much within him as it soothed. "Fuck," he mutters, oblivious to whatever etiquette might be wished for in his current company. Even as he steps back, and down - onto a knee? Him? - he is dragging his hand back through his hair, scowling and muttering, "Give me more fellers to protect, at least. Keep me busy. That'll do.. That'll do alright, I figure." Moving quickly now, he pulls off his dirk - sheathed still - and places it on the ground before him. His left hand clenches, and the artificial talons strapped to those fingers rip into his palm, causing an immediate stream of crimson to begin dripping onto the ground before him. Removing that brutal contraption entirely, he drops it next to the blade and then settles his palm, bloody and wet, to the far left. "I am Yours, Lady, and You know it. Blade, blood, and life."

--- Creeper gauntlet on his left hand: Glove only by the loosest of definitions, this article is one serious piece of work. The base is a heavy cuff of dark leather, around which is riveted a thin band of dark metal. The interior surface bears two rows of tiny, needle-sharp barbs designed to drag into the flesh of the wearer with any significant pull or twist. Five rings are connected to the bracer, serving to keep the delicate chain that connects them aligned with each finger. That chain continues, reaching out to fasten securely to a series of tips that are fitted perfectly to slide over a man's fingers to the first knuckle. Five razor tipped talons cap the glove, inky black and crafted of purely wicked intentions. ---

Auresae kneels down before you, Her hand placed over yours quietly. The blood bubbles under Her touch and cauterizes almost instantaneously as Her opposite hand gently brushes against the side of your face, the sensation is oddly comforting, warm as She lifts you up to make eye contact, "If this is what you desire, then you shall guide your daughter, and you shall both join Hiale together." She intones softly, nearly matronly in Her words, "I know you care for Her as much as I do for you both, to He of the flame to the child of its embrace....I shall be here to listen should you need me."

>> He is lying to himself, even as he speaks those too-gruff, too-casual words. Busy? He will always be busy.. it's in his blood. No, much too difficult is for him to admit that he has ached, without something greater to serve. Without Someone that calls to him as She does. There is an emptiness that begs to be filled, there. She filled it, once. She can, again. <<

You have emoted: Rashar inclines his head. "Keeps me busy," he says again, smiling wryly at Auresae. "I will try not to disappoint you this time, Lady."

Auresae says to you, "Feel your flame within and let it smolder to your very core again. It shall never fail you, Rashar. It never has."

Auresae waves Her hand dismissively at the world, clearly demonstrating Her boredom.

Auresae says, "Hush with the disappointment."

Auresae says, "Or I will ban the whiskey in Enorian."

Auresae smirks.

Auresae says, "I jest, dearest....I would hardly do such a thing."

You have emoted: Rashar's eyes narrow. "All whiskey except what I sell. We'll use half the profits for a grand Temple."

Note: And then my sweet claws disappeared, and I am disappoint. I was totes going to kill Zsadist with those things.
KendriIshinArekaEmelleJaslineBakhtuh

Comments

• Ohhh, much love and such underlying tenseness knowing more of the background.

<3
    Rashar
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Arbre Aquila, screwup of the order. /bow
    RasharHaven
  • @arbre: Ha. I think on average during the time I was there, Rashar got whacked by @slyphe more regularly than I've seen you get whacked by Auresae. :)

Some zaps are given with love. Ish.
  • Well, as a brief continuation of this above.

(Eotaia): Auresae says, "I believe I have chose an appropriate guide for you Kendri, he and I had long discussion last month."

(Eotaia): You say, "Oh? I appreciate You looking out for me in that way. Who is he?"

(Eotaia): Auresae says, "Your father."

(Eotaia): Arbre says, "Oh dear. You -are- in trouble now."

(Eotaia): Arbre says, "What did you do to draw Her ire so much, Kendri?"

(Eotaia): Auresae says, "You will help one another, to understand your flame and to guide each other to My Hiale."

(Eotaia): Auresae says, "You have enough of your mother within you to keep him balanced, and the right parts of him to work together."

(Shifters of the Flame): Arbre says, "The right ~~parts~~ of him ~~in you~~."

(Eotaia): Auresae says, "Neither will be ranked higher than the other, and when the time comes you shall join Me together if it is the will of you both."

(Eotaia): You say, "Well that should be interesting. At times we can be too similar and we tend to.. uh, burn each other, lets say. But, I will do my very best in this task, Lady Flame."

(Eotaia): Auresae says, "Appropriate response, tempering yourselves will be key then."

(Eotaia): You say, "Indeed it will. But a challenge I look forward to, none the less."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Arbre said:

Don't feel bad, Arbrelina, @Chakrasul griefs the shit out of Ishin too :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ColetteHaven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Arbre said:
    Haven would be worse! :3 (If I played... shhhh!)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Aryanne