Spirean pin-up calendar!

TeaniTeani Shadow MistressSweden
edited March 2015 in Roleplay Logs
So, Moirean asked if Teani could pick up an old project that was never finished - making a pin-up calendar. Naturally she agreed and set to work approaching people about participating.
I'l be posting logs here continuously, so people can follow the process of making the calendar, though I hope people don't put too much pressure and expectations on me, as I might not have the time or energy to be as artistic with -everyone-.

First up for a sit-down painting session was @Xenia!

At the Hound and Halberd Tavern

Teani purses her lips, looking at Xenia with the cigarette in her hand. "What do you say about being my very first subject to paint? After finishing that thing of course." she waves off some smoke and reaches for a satchel by her side.

Olethea laughingly says, "Oooh, I think that's a splendid idea. Xen's good looking."

Xenia's green eyes scan over the cigarette as the paper and leaf burn slowly down leaving the starting buildup of ash at the tip. She does not ash this, instead drawing it to her lips for another inhalation. "Yeah, sounds good," she replies to you in a small cloud of smoke.

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day.
It is now the 18th of Variach, year 440 of the Midnight Age.

"Excellent!" Teani says, smiling brightly as she starts picking up some brushes, rags and phials from the satchel. "Hrm... what sort of canvas to use?" she muses to herself. "Vellum, yes. that's good for this." She pulls out a sheet and begins making preparations.

Olethea giggles happily.

Xenia is an athletic Idreth with a muscular build standing just about five foot six. Strong limbs hang down from her broad shoulders and hips, creating a rather imposing figure. Atop her head, bright, red hair has grown out to her shoulders. Strands of varying lengths insistently sweep across her dark green eyes in a contained mess of waves that tuck behind her ears. Clipping the edge of her brow and ending at the top of her cheekbone, is a jagged scar that crosses over her right eye. Her left ear is sliced at a downward slope along the top, giving it an angled 'U' shape that does little to hold what strands of hair manage to remain tucked here. Down from her gaze, an aquiline nose stands above thin, pale lips, complimented nicely by her skin, bearing a color, and likewise a gleam, that resembles bronze.

(worn loose on the hips) : black leather soldier's pants
(worn loosely about her body) : a fighter's gray leather shirt
(hanging from the shoulders) : a lion's pelt cloak
(worn on the feet) : gray jodhpur boots
(worn on the index finger) : a ring engraved with the Seirath crest

Olethea idly begins preening her wings, delicately smoothing and rearranging her feathers.

"I don't know too much about painting or types of paper," Xenia admits to you, "but I trust ya know what's best." With a wink she takes another puff, by now the trail of ash taking up a third of the cigarette. The Idreth scans the bar, taking note of its relatively empty state. "You just waiting on me to finish this?" she asks you as she flicks her wrist in indication of the smoke which causes the built up ash to break away and scatter about the floor.

Teani nods her head. "Take your time though, get your props and things while I settle down." She looks about for a good place in front of the bar. then scrutinizes her angles. "Mmhmm." she muses quietly.

Olethea giggles happily.

Olethea says, "Aw... I wanna stay and watch, but it's well past my witching hour."

Xenia glances apologetically to Olethea, "Ahh, too bad, and here I was about to take off my shirt," she teases her.

Teani grins at Olethea. "Too bad. I'll get to you soon though!"

Olethea sniffles softly.

Xenia takes one final drag from the cigarette before stubbing it out on her boot and tucking the remainder of it behind her ear. With that she begins to untie her cloak, in preparation of the pose.

Olethea sticks out her lower lip in a pout.

Olethea says, "...All right, I should go before I'm distracted."

Olethea waves goodbye.

You snicker under your breath.

Olethea says, "You two take care!"

You wave goodbye.

Olethea laughingly says to you, "Whaaaat?"

Olethea says, "I like muscle."

The corners of Olethea's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

You say, "She's got plenty of them."

You nod your head sagely.

Olethea nods her head sagely.

Olethea fans herself gently to relieve the heat.

Xenia waves a hand to Olethea and begins to search for mugs.

Olethea closes her eyes and begins to focus.

You say, "I'll leave the women for you to gawk at. I'll enjoy my time painting the men."

You wink knowingly.

Xenia removes a lion's pelt cloak.

Olethea says, "Men, too."

Olethea says, "I'm not picky."

You grin mischievously at Olethea.

Xenia laughs at this as she shakes her head, "Just the girls for me," she comments.

Olethea laughingly says, "Oh wow, we've got one of each!"

Olethea stifles a giggle.

Xenia winks knowingly.

You chuckle long and heartily.

You say, "Seems like it."

Olethea grins and nods.

Olethea says, "Okay, actually leaving now. Honest. For serious."

Olethea closes her eyes and begins to focus.

Olethea waves goodbye.

You wave goodbye.

You wryly say, "You know, you're probably better off than me, Xenia. I've never really had much luck with guys."

Xenia casts one more look towards the door, seeming to inspect the entry way before pulling off her shirt. She balls it up along with the cloak, leaving it in a small pile upon the counter top. "Now don't you go complaining to the Commander that I'm getting drunk and taking off my clothes," she warns Jedrick, "last thing I need is her getting all motherly and concerned about what I'm doing when I'm out in the taverns getting sloshed." Jedrick seems less than amused by this and responds with a surly sneer as he pointedly looks away. "Just pay your tab for once," he gruffly complains as he begins to wash what looks to be an already cleaned glass.

Teani grins at the barkeep, but a a glance from him, she smothers it as best as she can. "Just pour her two tankards with foaming ale. I can pay for these two." The Idreth woman settles in a chair with a board covered with a clean sheet of vellum in her lap. Next to her is an array of paints and brushes, all within easy reach. Looking up at Xenia, she nods. "I'm ready when you are." she says, waving at the space in front of her at the bar. "I think somewhere there would be good."

Unclothed from the waist up, Xenia removes her weaponbelt and then carefully selects one of the bardiches. As she goes about situating herself in a pose leaning against an empty space at the bar, she idly responds to your comment. "I honestly can't say much on my luck with the ladies, recently broke off my engagement myself and I'm a bit obtuse when it comes to them and I -am- one!" With a good-natured grin she proceeds to rest the weapon against her shoulder and at an angle that settles into the nook of her arm. With a tankard in each hand she draws both hands up towards her chest to offer some semblance of modesty.

"Good, at least someone's paying for that drunkards booze," Jedrick retorts, eying Xenia with a displeased look.

Xenia says to Jedrick, "Oh calm down, I always pay my tab, you just like to complain."

Teani lets out a soft chuckle. "At least you've been engaged, hm?" she uses small gestures to make Xenia twist and turn a little for better light. Once she's satisfied, she picks up a large brush and starts with some of the background texture. "Barkeeps do like to complain, but then again, they have to put up with a lot of things too." she comments. "Not saying I mean you in particular. Just think about it though. The cleaning, shouting, rumbling?" She works quickly with the background and then picks a smaller brush to start with the contours of the main focus.

Xenia's head moves in a minute nod, though otherwise she attempts to maintain the static pose you had directed her in. The Idreth's eyes dart towards one of the tables, focusing onto a burnt panel of flooring, "Ah, yeah, well...." her voice trails off, something of a sheepish grin threatening the corner of her lips, "you do have a point."

"Oh, oh! Keep that grin if you can!" Teani says, when looking up just in time for it to start appearing. "No, don't drop it. It really suits your personality." She smiles brightly and goes to work at once to capture the facial features of her subject.

Overtaken by habit, Xenia takes a quick drink from one of the tankardsA a bit of the liquid sloshing out onto her hands and drip away to the ground and what threatened to be a sheepish smile becomes one entirely as her eyes fixate on the spill.

Teani snickers softly, brush moving swiftly across the canvas. "See? Now everyone will know this is Xenia." She moves on to the rest of the body, capturing the foam within the tankards, adding some to the one that suddenly contains less than the other in reality.

"Well, I'm pretty sure most folks know I like to drink," Xenia replies with candid amusement, "but perhaps--" her eyes scan down towards her body as the bronzed coloring of her skin flushes at her cheeks. "perhaps it's a side not many see, I suppose."

"It's no secret, you are the Minister of Drink after all." Teani counters with a small grin, her work now down to minute details. She works in silence for a while, eyes narrowed and flicking between Xenia and the vellum. Eventually she stops, looking down at the paper. "You can relax now." she says, and after a few moments scrutinizing her work, she flips the board around for Xenia to have a look. "What do you think?"

A wide grin overtakes Xenia's features, her eyes sparking with excitement. "Wow, Teani," she breaths out as she places the tankards on the counter and moves closer to inspect the painting. "This is really good, you're talented!"

Teani shines up at the compliment. "Thank you!" She too looks at the painting. "The trick is to know when to stop. Knowing it is good enough as it is." Nodding to herself, she carefully puts her paintbrush away before the urge to dabble more overcomes her.

Xenia nods her head sharply. "Yup, with that picture, it'll be Midsummer all year on all the calendars I'm sure," she jokes with you as she steps towards the bar and takes up the bundled clothing and begins to adorn them.

Teani chuckles and puts the vellum to the side for it to dry, well out of the way of any potential hazards. "That's one done. A few left to go!"

Xenia stretches her arms out, and places the bardiche back into her weaponbelt. "I really have to rest," she apologizes to you, "but I can't wait to see what else you come up with, I'm sure they'll be great."

Xenia smiles at you.

Xenia waves goodbye.

You wave goodbye at Xenia.

You say, "Take care!"

--------------------
Forums are no good with ascii, but hastebin works pretty well!

http://hastebin.com/luwekemuta.1c

VolkaKonnornMoireanKendriXeniaAngweVash

Comments

• VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
     Jeezly Crow, that's awesome. I like it!    
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I was really excited about this post until I Saw it was in RP logs. Not that it isn't a good RP log. But it still got my hopes up.
    Ishin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    we could always trying bribing Eleanor to make an art version...
    XeniaEmelle
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    My ascii art isn't enough then? All that work for nothing... :frowning: And both Olethea and I have considered drawing these things, but yeah, sure. Eleanor probably could. She's already done one batch of pin-up cards.

• Actually, I was planning on makin' an art version!
    MoireanAldricIshin
    I wasn't trying to insult you. I love what you've done so far. Eleanor just mentioned maybe making a version back when I first started the project.
    Teani
  • ASCII art for these is awesome because it takes an utterly nerdy option and somehow makes it even funnier. +1, pure genius.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Moirean[Deleted User]KendriAldricIshinFaerahTeaniXenia
  • I can't wait to see what all Teani and Olethea put together for this, it's gonna look great!

Teani
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    The RP was pretty great, I love reading people set a real scene like that AND have an interesting little conversation about it.

Also the ascii, it's hilarious and puts a big stupid grin on my face every time I see it.

IshinXenia[Deleted User]TeaniAkaryuterra
    If your characters interact around the calendar in some way, feel free to share it here for the rest of us. It's fun to see how the fun spreads through the game!

As I'm standing around, sketching out the design for the actual calendar, @Kelliara stops by.

Kelliara wryly says to you, "I hear you did Xenia's portrait."

Teani looks up from her sketching, smiling at Kelliara. "I did! It turned out well. Nervous about your own contribution?" She grins a little.

Indifferently, Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "Not particularly."

Kelliara asks, in a feral tongue, "Should I be?"

"Oh, definitely not." Teani's expression softens. "It's not a big deal at all, really." Looking down at her sketch, she purses her lips, then asks, "Would you like to take care of yours right now?"

Kelliara wryly says to you, "I would, yes. That said, I am certain Xenia would be displeased to learn I had snuck ahead of her speaking to you regarding the subject."

Kelliara wryly says, in a feral tongue, "So, I will allow her to discuss the matter with you, first."

"You want her to push for your portrait to be done?" Teani asks with a wry smile.

Kelliara gives a brisk shake of her head. "No," she replies, "She has -suggestions- for you."

"Oh, is that so?" Teani asks, pursing her lips. "And you've agreed to let her speak to me about them before doing your portrait. I see. Well, we'll just have to wait until she's approached me then."

Kelliara wryly says to you, "In truth, I expect her ideas will fall similar to your own. This way, however, I can trade the fact I allowed her her influence in the future, yes?"

"Smart thinking, that." Teani responds with a grin. "Giving yourself an ace up the sleeve, so to speak." She makes a few small marks on her sketch.

With a yawn, Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "At any rate. Were we to do so now, I would like fall asleep partway through."

You nod your head sagely.

Kelliara wryly says, in a feral tongue, "So, I win on all counts."

You say, "Another time is probably better. We want you looking alive for the portrait after all."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement as you gaze upon Kelliara.

Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "Alive is best, yes."

Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "Be well, Teani."

You say, "Rest well, Doyen."

Just a small tidbit, not another painting session.

XeniaFaerahMoireanVash
    edited January 2015
    Consultation with @Eleanor prior to actual painting session:
    Guest appearances by: @Volka, @Kelliara and tells with @Olethea

A snowy owl soars towards you, alighting briefly on your shoulder as it drops a letter into your hands. With a soft hoot, it takes flight once again, gliding peacefully away.

You read what is written on an elegant white letter:
    Teani,

I am writing you in regards to Kelliara's Portrait. I will be traveling for a few months, exploring Albedos and the mountains, but should I not
    see you before I depart, I wanted to offer some suggestions for the Doyen's Calendar portrait.

I was thinking she'd look good posed relaxing on a pile of furs, in her Idreth form, with her cigar in hand. Below is a rough sketch of what I'm suggesting.

- Xenia

[There really isn't much to go off from this sketch, the artist's hand being rather clumsy and unrefined. In fact, the picture is little more than a stick figure with an arrow pointing to it labeled 'Doyen', a scrible of curvy lines labeled 'Furs' and then whisping lines rise up from the stick figures hand where an over-sized, poorly shaped cylindar sits; the arrow here reads 'cigar'. Scribbled in hasty scratch, beneath the word 'Doyen', are a few directives: She should likely be wearing that half-smile, half-smirk she has when she's teasing someone. It'll suit her confidence and that tough image she's got going on.]

(Tells): You tell Xenia, "These are excellent suggestions, some of them I had even considered myself, but it is always good to have it confirmed from someone else!"

(Tells): Xenia tells you, "Oh good, good. I was going to try and provider some furs for you, but after I killed some animals I realized that I had no idea how to cure the hides....."

(Tells): Xenia tells you, "They got all stiff and then smelly and....yeah, it was bad."

(Tells): You tell Xenia, "Hrm... I believe the hunters in the Western Tundra are good at curing, but I'm not sure they would share their knowledge. I'll see if I can find some though."

(Tells): You tell Xenia, "And yes, they tend to get bad if you don't do something about them immediately."

(Tells): Xenia tells you, "The picture, it was easy right?"

(Tells): Xenia tells you, "To understand."

(Tells): You tell Xenia, "Oh, definitely! It helped a lot with imagining how you saw things. The labels were a... nice touch."

(Tells): You tell Xenia, "Keep your drawing up and you'll be a master artist soon enough. I am confident you will improve with every attempt!"

(Tells): Xenia tells you, "Thanks!"

Thinking>> Meaning she couldn't possibly get any worse...

Congratulations, your design sketch of a Spirean pin-up calendar has been approved by the craft
    guild! To pay the fee for your design, go to your local craft guild office and DESIGN 22192 PAY FEE.
    The fee for this will be 200 gold.

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "Evening, you lot."

(Cabalists): Cylano says, "Greetings, Conduit."

(Cabalists): Cylano says, "How are you today?"

(Cabalists): You say, "Hi there, Conduit."

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "Awake! It's a start. What are we all up to?"

(Cabalists): You say, "Considering who to paint next."

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "Ah, with that, er. Risque calendar thing. Jolly good."

(Cabalists): You say, "Mhm, maybe you would like to get it over and done with?"

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "Oh, that, er. Well."

(Cabalists): Cylano says, "Heh heh heh."

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "I think we were going to... discuss exactly how to do that. Weren't we?"

(Cabalists): You say, "Yes, yes. We could do that first, if you like?"

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "That... might be best. I'll meet you at the Clean Break, it's nice and out of the way. And has whiskey. I think I'll need that."

(Cabalists): You say, "Aye, might be best. I'll bring my things, just in case!"

The main bar of the Clean Break.
    A bartender with a magnificent moustache stands at the ready. Eleanor is here. She wields a silvery driftwood cane in her left hand.

She is a wise Human with a stocky, broad-hipped and well-padded build. She seems an earthy, no-nonsense individual, with narrow brown eyes that hold a calculating glint. Her face is round with soft features, a small nose and an expressive mouth. Her hair is fully longer than she is tall, and has been collected back into a tight braid and pinned up out of the way in a few loops at the back of her head. Her fingernails seem unusually thick and clawlike, with a bluish tint toward the root and a pointed tip. Furthering the reptilian appearance of her hands, her arms are sheathed from fingertip to shoulder in glossy greenish-blue scales. She walks with the blessing of Chakrasul.

(on the left hand) : a silver wedding ring, inlaid with dark opal
    (tucked into a pocket) : a silver pocketwatch
    (covering the torso) : an emerald green shirt
    (worn on the legs) : a pair of crisp white trousers
    (worn on the feet) : polished white leather shoes
    (over the torso) : a sleek, white coat
    (covering the torso) : a white waistcoat
    (around the neck) : an emerald green bow tie
    (worn on the hands) : a pair of white gloves
    (atop her head) : a pair of heavy, crystal-lensed goggles

Eleanor stands at the bar, in discussion with the tender. She turns, glancing over her shoulder as you arrives. "Ah. Hello."

Eleanor's brows rise suddenly. "Ah! Before I forget." She raises her cane, gesturing at you with the end of it. "You said you'd made the leap to Idreth! Let's see it."

Teani walks in, carrying a folder under her arm, a small quiver with plenty of paint brushes and a sack with phials of ink. She smiles brightly at the greeting, then drops her things at the side. "Ah, yes! It's holding up so far." she responds, spreading her arms to either side and turning around slowly. "Nothing out of the ordinary, aside from me getting the darn colors mixed up in the process."

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day.
    It is now the 6th of Ios, year 440 of the Midnight Age.

Eleanor laughs briefly, showing pointed teeth between otherwise human lips. "Hah! Don't talk to me about colours." She tilts her head left and right. "Rather fetching, though. The white and burgundy." She nods, seeming to approve. "Could have come out -much- worse."

"Oh, definitely. You had me a bit nervous you know." Teani says, running a few fingers through her hair. "With that talk of possible instability after learning about numerology? I had to work through that rather well when I was working on my CTU device."

Eleanor shrugs. "Had you nervous because there's damned good reason to be nervous." She folds her hands atop her cane, giving you a knowing look. "As you're aware, now that you've seen it from the inside."

Teani nods slowly. "There was a moment when I was distracted by the... well, the forces involved. I mean...the structure, recompiling. Pit, at one point I was about to toss half my intestines out of the way because I forgot what good they were for, and the next I was wondering if there might not be a -better- way to fit them all together, you know?" Her hands move as she speaks, gesturing as if to try and emphasize the process.

Eleanor nods, slowly, sagely. There's absolutely no question that she understands exactly what you describes. "When I built my first shell," she confides, "I got something quite wrong regarding language. For a few moments, I could understand anything but Common. Quite disconcerting."

Teani makes an earnest grimace, nodding her head. "So far I've noticed no oddities, but you never know. I haven't been able to fight as well as before all this happened, not have I tried my hand at a lot of the things I used to do regularly." With a wry smile, she adds, "I'm half expecting to drop a limb or something from time to time due to poor construction work."

(Cabalists): Kelliara says, "Having your portrait done, Eleanor?"

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "At some point. Probably."

Blithely, Eleanor says, "Ah well, if it comes off it can usually be put back on."

Eleanor says to a gentlemanly bartender, "Henderson, dear, I need a glass of whiskey."

A gentlemanly bartender says, "Very good, milady."

Teani nods sagely. "True." she responds, then her lips turn up in the corners and she winks at the bartender. "Might want to ready another one, just in case the Conduit requires that one too." Turning back to Eleanor, she says, "So, what kind of setting would you prefer? It should be something that is connected to you, but somewhere you find comfortable."

Eleanor makes a face, and glances sideways to one of the booths. "Well. Let's sit and discuss this," she suggests, making her way in that direction. She uses the cane with each step, but it's difficult to tell if she's relying on it or not. She eases herself into one of the leather seats, nonetheless, and settles her glass in front of her. "You must understand," she says after a few moments, "What constitutes 'racy' is not exactly close to mind on any sort of a regular basis for me."

After picking up her things, Teani follows Eleanor to the booth and sinks down into the seat opposite of her. "Of course, and I hope you understand that I don't mean to make this at all uncomfortable for you." She puts her equipment aside, making sure none of the ink is spilling out of their containers. "It's all tasteful art and each participant will choose their own level of exposure." She smiles warmly across the table.

Eleanor waves a gloved hand vaguely. "I'm not particularly worried about exposure," she replies. "I mean. It wouldn't do for a lady of my advanced age and whatnot to be undignified, but I am familiar with the concept of-" she makes a face, exaggerating her detatchment for the sake of the joke, "-'fun'."

Teani nods her head slowly. "Mind if I ask what your concerns are then?"

Eleanor shrugs, lightly, and raises her glass for a brief sip of whiskey. "Well, mostly that you're asking -me- what it should look like, when I haven't really any ideas. Because, you know, it isn't something I think about terribly often." She licks her lips, and sets the glass carefully back down. "And asking my boys wouldn't help either, Akary would start trying to calculate a unit of measurement for visual appeal, and Ryotega would clam up because he doesn't like putting that kind of thing into words."

Teani attempts to stifle a laugh, making it come out as more of a choked snort. "Oh, it will be fabulous trying to deal with those two when painting their portrait." she says with an amused half-smile. Looking about herself, she continues, "But that's for later. As for you, well.. we could do something here, but I was thinking maybe it would be better in the guildhall somewhere?" She glances at Eleanor across the table with a raised eyebrow. "Perhaps lounging in the library, a cigarette in one hand?"

(Cabalists): Volka says, "You all still alive?"

(Cabalists): Rajazel says, "Sorta."

(Cabalists): You say, "The Conduit is still looking lively."

Volka peers at you suspiciously.

Eleanor half-nods, but is then distracted- the source of said distraction becomes clear shortly, as she digs in a pocket and retrieves a slender silver cigar. The mention of smoking seems to have reminded her of it. She taps the cigar as one might to ash it, and the end of it flickers agreeably to life, burning with a white-hot magnesium smolder. "Well," she says after a moment, "Location is not a problem, I have access to... lots of places. There's libraries, of course. The guildhall. The test chamber in the Stormhall. We have a thermae, under the house." She tilts her head to the left, gaze going upwards as she lists locations. "Secluded patches of desert, an underground orchard... I have a roof-top garden, in Delos. A ship with goldfish. A dark street with a lantern-post. Really, the list goes on."

Eleanor brings a slender silver cigar to her lips and takes a long drag.

Eleanor exhales a thin stream of smoke through her teeth, eyeing the new arrivals from her seat at the booth. "Best pour a few more, Henderson," she comments wryly.

Teani nods agreeably as Eleanor lists all possible locations, then looks up at a smile when Volka enters. "Hi there!" she greets brightly, then quickly turns her attention back to the Conduit again. "Aye, all good places, but it should be something one can easily connect with you, and the setting is less important, as -you- will be the main focus of the painting."

Volka pauses, mid-stride, hand frozen in the beginning of a cheerful wave. A look of utter confusion and perponderance spreads across her face, before dropping her hand to her side. "Oh I was just going to poke at Teani. uh..Don't mind me." she says hesitantly, with a bit of a sheepish grin. "I didn't mean to interrupt your meeting or whatever..."

Noticing Kelliara behind Volka, Teani grins even wider. "Oh you! I got a letter from Xenia, so now I'm all set."

Eleanor waves a hand dismissively. "At this rate it's going to need to go up to public review anyway," she responds. Looking back to you, she says, "Well- see, therein lies the rub. I know what -I- like, but if we're looking for what people think of me...?" She spreads her hands helplessly. "Aside from 'oh bollocks she's scary', I have no idea."

Volka snickers under her breath.

Kelliara remains silent, but does offer you a toothy grin.

Volka acknowledges Kelliara with a nod of her head.

With a soft chuckle, you say, "Let's go with something -you- will find tasteful, yet appropriate for this venue then, hm? I don't think we have to worry -too- much about others. Right?"

Teani's last comment is directed at the others in the room.

Blankly, Volka says, "Huh?"

You say to Volka, "For the pinup calendar?"

Realization flashing across her features, Volka says, "Oh. Calendar. Gotcha. Going. Have fun."

Eleanor takes a drag from her cigar and sinks back in her seat, brows drawn together in what looks like fierce and somewhat frustrated contemplation.

Abruptly, Eleanor says, "No. Stop."

Eleanor says to Volka, "I want your opinion, then."

Possibly alive to the awkward spot she's manufacturing and largely ignoring it, Eleanor says, "Apparently I need to look racy. What to do."

Volka freezes in the middle of turning, glancing back at Eleanor. "On what?" she asks curiously.

Eleanor gestures unhelpfully to her suit-clad self, and exhales a stream of smoke from the corner of her mouth that twists upward in intricate and unsettlingly mathematical patterns.

Volka creases her brow in a frown.

Teani rubs her chin, looking across the table. "Well, Xenia covered herself by holding tankards of ale, Olethea is planning on wrapping herself in a fur coat. We could hide you behind the beakers in the laboratory, or let you lounge on top of a desk covered with reports?"

Volka says, "Well, I think if you're doing one of the entries for the calendar, I'd start with suggesting something other than a suit."

You nod your head at Volka, showing your acceptance.

"How about making use of a well placed numerological textbook," Kelliara suggests absently.

Volka looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Eleanor clicks her fingers, pointing at Volka and then looking to you. "There we go. Ideas. It's why she's my Seven-hand." Absently, without apparently thinking of the broader context, she says to Kelliara, "I was always fond of Systemic Theophysics."

"Ooh, that's a good idea." Teani nods quickly. "And a lounging robe perhaps?"

Volka smirks. "I thought it was because of my rougish charm, and the fact that I could put up with Cannan."

Grimly, Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "Someone should have eaten him while we had the chance. Put him out of his misery during sable."

Eleanor wrinkles her nose. "Don't bring that trite sod into this, I still get the urge to kick a cat when I think of him."

Teani wrinkles her nose at the name, then quickly returns to the former topic. "Alright. So, a book of some importance, a nice comfortable robe and perhaps in the guild library then?"

Eleanor looks thoughtful. "There -is- that great big pit of pillows," she comments.

Volka says, "Now there's an idea."

You nod your head in agreement.

Eleanor runs her tongue over her teeth. "The other question, I suppose, is- well, still costuming, I suppose." She runs a hand over the knuckles of the opposing one. "And that's what I should build. I mean... I have a kelki, and a Xoran. This thing. Or the black thing, but there's not much to paint, in that case."

Eleanor sniffs. "I can be as I was at seventeen or so, but people might get confused."

Volka says, "Don't we always confuse them anyway?"

Teani shakes her head. "You should be as you are, Conduit. No need to change appearance for the sake of the calendar."

Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "Agreed."

Volka nods her head emphatically.

Eleanor smirks, just a little. "If I arrive as I am at base, you'll just have to paint a black outline," she reminds.

Teani lets out a snort, then nods her head. "I know, but you do well with the form you have right now, is what I'm saying." She shudders a little at the thought, then adds, "No need to return to base form for this."

Aside, Eleanor says, "Speaking of which, do not ask for Akary's native shape."

Eleanor says, "You won't like it."

Eleanor pauses, then adds, "And... tell him you don't want the arm, either. He'll know what you mean."

Volka seems almost mildly distracted, looking from Eleanor to you and back with a scrutinizing gaze.

Volka shudders violently.

Suddenly, Volka says, "No. No arm. All bad."

Teani nods and pulls out a small notebook. "Right, not base form and no arm." She flips to a certain page and scribbles a few notes. "But for you I believe the pile of pillows and your current form would be good. And, um... pick your favorite book if you have one among the
    masses?"

Eleanor says, "My -actual- favourite book is..."

Eleanor coughs softly.

Eleanor says, "Well. Perhaps a little embarrassing."

Eleanor says, "Systemic Theophysics it is."

Kelliara asks, in a feral tongue, "How scandalous?"

Eleanor gives a sharp-toothed grin. "Well, it's not 'Best Loved Erotic Poetry of the Horkval Queen' or anything," she offers as reassurance.

You raise a hand to your mouth, stifling a laugh.

(Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "I can't find fur coats -anywhere-...."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "I've tried everywhere except Enorian."

(Tells): You tell Olethea, "Perhaps you need to design one for yourself? The orgyuk up at the west tundra have wonderful coats!"

(Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "Orgyuk...? ...That sounds dirty, pff. Well, time to go exploring."

(Tells): You tell Olethea, "It's very nice white pelt."

Eleanor considers her glass, wrinkling her nose. "Should there be lingerie involved? I... dimly recall a set of etchings that had a theme like that."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "....I found Stormcaller Crag?"

You say to Eleanor, "If you prefer lingerie over a more covering robe, that would be fine."

(Tells): You tell Olethea, "Then you're a bit too far north. Continue south to the western tundra."

Eleanor says, "Well- I don't know. Robes tend to be rather- obscuring, don't they?"

(Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "...Hm. I found an Orgyuk's heart."

Volka says, "Depends on how closed they are. Or how sheer, as well."

(Tells): You tell Olethea, "Then you're in the right area!"

You grin mischievously at Volka.

Eleanor rubs her chin, drifting sideways into thought. "Sheer," she muses under her breath.

Suddenly, Eleanor says, "Eocik is going to have a conniption if I have to slip by him in lacies."

You say, "Exactly. I mean, you can have a robe on you and slide it off your shoulders. That would reveal a lot more. Also, if it is a sheer fabric, that wouldn't cover a lot."

Volka nods her head at you.

(Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "I don't see anything that looks like a shop..."

(Tells): You tell Olethea, "Oh, you'd have to kill one yourself..."

(Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "Ohhhh."

Volka snickers under her breath.

Eleanor ruminates a little more, then announces, "I... have some ideas. I shall see what I can organise. Are we- is this a thing you've time for this month?"

Volka says, "He'd have to see you first."

Flatly, Eleanor says, "Nothing gets past that man. -Nothing-."

Volka seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly.

Volka says, "True."

You say to Eleanor, "I'm not sure, to be honest. I will need to rest very soon. It all depends on how much sleep is needed."

Eleanor says, "Ah- so a case of might be back, if you don't sleep in?"

Volka glances down, shuffling her feet uneasily.

You nod your head at Eleanor.

You say, "At least we would have this all settled, so next time the two of us have time, it should be possible to have it all done, right?"

Eleanor says, "Well, I shall make an effort to be prepared, then, and if you do find yourself with the time, just sing out, hm."

Teani nods her head, letting out a single, "Definitely." A warm smile crosses her features and she gathers her things up without much ado. "Well, even though there was no painting done, at least something was set."

After a sip of whiskey, Eleanor says, "My apologies for being so difficult. Somewhat, ah, out of my sphere of influence. As it were."

Teani chuckles, shaking her head. "No worries, Conduit." she says assuringly. "It's best to sort things out in advance. Much less trouble during the process by doing that. It's something I've learned since joining the Cabal, actually. Systematic work pays off in the end."

Eleanor nods, looking pleased. "It surely does," she concurs.

Getting up from her seat, you ask, "Until next time then?"

Eleanor nods her head sagely.

Eleanor says, "Right. I shall be ready to, uh. Pose and be racy."

Teani grins slightly at Eleanor. "You'll do fine, I'm sure."

Eleanor says, "Well. We can hope."

Eleanor sips from a stout glass of whiskey.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

Eleanor nods her head at you.

MoireanAkaryuterraVash
    Another painting session! This one starring @Kelliara‌!

Hiding it in spoilers to save space.

-------

Kelliara follows you to the southeast.

You say to Kelliara, "Where would you like to have this made then? A den?"

Kelliara wryly says to you, in Idrethi, "Did Xenia's missive not say all of that?"

You say, "A den, on top of a pile of furs, yes."

You ask, "But you'd stay in your Idreth form. She even drew a nice little picture for me. Want to see?"

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly at Kelliara.

Kelliara stares blankly at you for a few moments. "I...do," she responds finally.

You give an elegant white letter to Kelliara.

Kelliara smiles wryly.

Kelliara gives an elegant white letter to you.

"Quite the artist, huh?" Teani comments as Kelliara returns the letter.

Kelliara wryly says, in Idrethi, "I am surprised she did not volunteer to do the portraits."

It is now the 4th of Arios, year 440 of the Midnight Age.

Teani chuckles, shaking her head. "She knows her limitations... I think." She says the last a bit hesitantly and with a small frown, then returns

to the matter at hand with a brisk tone. "Alright, so, I have a den out on the plains we could use, unless you'd rather spread some
    furs out at the Winterbreeze Inn or something?"

Kelliara gives a casual, indifferent shrug. "It makes no difference to me," she replies lazily. "Which will make it easier for you to do your

painting."

You nod your head emphatically.

Kelliara follows you to the in.
    A massive pile of corpses has been built in a corner of the den.

Teani enters the den with ease and almost immediately she seems to relax, even though it was never evident that she was tense before. She puts her

things away to one side, waving for Kelliara to come in and get comfortable. There's a pile of furs on one side of the den, while the other is

occupied by more recent kills.

Kelliara's eyebrows lift the moment her eyes fall on the piled furs. "Preparation, or are those yours?" she asks, unable to keep a smirk from her

lips or voice.

Teani grins at Kelliara. "I prepared just in case. Besides, it's kind of nice and warm in the winter, almost like having the Pack there, you know?"

With a nod, Kelliara says, "Fair enough."

Kelliara asks, "Very well. How shall we begin?"

She is an athletic Idreth. Standing at roughly the average height of a human, she has pale skin marred with healing cuts and bruises. The short

black hair falling from her head has been meticulously straightened, and styled with an off-centre part, the larger portion left neat and tidy, and

swept back behind her ear. The smaller section meanwhile has been scuffed lightly, creating an almost roguish look. Her face and neck are marked

with a number of scars of varying sizes, some beginning to fade with age, while others, a long slash across the bridge of her nose and a burn on

the back of her neck, appear to be more recent. Honey coloured eyes peer out at the world almost sleepily from above a button nose and a pair of

full pink lips. She possesses an athletic frame, with lean muscle and slender well-toned limbs. She walks with the blessing of Chakrasul.

(dangling around her neck) : a torc of wolf teeth
    (hanging from around her neck) : a darkly flaming heart necklace
    (laced tightly) : snow wight boots
    (burned into her right wrist) : a glowing brand
    (worn on a finger) : a venantium ring
    (hanging from the shoulders) : a hooded salvager's cloak
    (worn on the legs) : durable leather hunting trousers
    (covering the torso) : a fighter's gray leather shirt

Looking at Kelliara, Teani begins with her instructions, "First of all, I think you need to lose some of those clothes. Perhaps not all of them,

but at least loosen them up a little." She purses her lips, and shakes her head. "I wish I still had the design for that fur dress I made for you

all those years ago. That would have been perfect for now." After some thinking, her lips curl up in a smile. "I could make you a new coat and you

could wear that."

Without much ado Kelliara pulls off her cloak, folding it over one arm and then tossing it to one side. "It makes no difference to me, Teani. This

is your project, yes? Inform me of what you wish, and we shall see it done."

Teani quickly produces a brand new coat and hands it over to Kelliara. "I made that design for you, after all." she says, smiling brightly. "So,

off with the rest, then put that one on and settle down on the furs, if you please?" She starts picking through her different canvases, settling

for one of prepared hide.

"Should I be concerned you had this on hand?" Kelliara asks with a wry grin. It takes her only a short time to pull off the remainder of her

clothes and replace them with the provided coat. "I have always been fond of this design," she comments, settling herself comfortably on her side

atop the piled furs. "Like this, yes? Or is there some other thing that need be done, also."

Teani grins cheekily at Kelliara. "I never know when you might come asking for a new coat, you know? I like to be prepared!" She watches her

position herself, nodding slightly, then pursing her lips. "Actually, roll onto your stomach and prop yourself up on your arms..." she directs

while settling down at a good angle for herself to paint. "And keep the coat open in the front and cover a bit with your arm right there." She

points at Kelliara's chest before pulling up her paint brushes.

As instructed, Kelliara rolls onto her stomach, and props herself up on her arms. Before settling into comfort, however, she takes a moment to tug

the front of her coat open until it reaches just past the point of decency. "Like this?" she asks, before grimacing slightly. "I may need to smoke

at this rate."

Teani smiles brightly. "Perfect! Oh, and yes, feel free to smoke. I believe that's something Xenia suggested as well, no?" She sets about painting

the background while Kelliara gets comfortable. "I'll let you know when I need you to be completely still for me."

"True, she did." Kelliara smirks, and watches you for a few moments until she's sure that you is sufficiently occupied. As quick as she can,

Kelliara darts from her position to fish a smooth, ice-blue cigar from one of the pockets of a hooded salvager's cloak, before swiftly settling

back into the furs in her previous pose. Looking both pleased, and relaxed, she holds her prize between the index and middle fingers of her left

hand, and takes a long luxurious drag from it.

Teani only briefly glances up as Kelliara moves away, eyes returning quickly to her work at hand. Once her main focus of the painting returns, she

starts working on a rough silhouette. "Feeling alright there?" she asks, watching the smoke ascend towards the ceiling of the den over the
    edge of her canvas.

"Should I not?" Kelliara asks, absently, exhaling a particularly large cloud of smoke as she speaks. "Perhaps I will grow stiff remaining like this

for a time, but for now? No. I am as 'alright' as can be expected."

Teani's lips twist up in one corner, but her expression is one of extreme focus. "Alright, going in to more detail now, so no moving." Her eyes

dart quickly between her subject and the hide, paintbrush moving fleetly across it.

Kelliara asks, "Am I able to speak, still?"

"Of course." Teani responds, still focused. "Just don't move anything but your lips."

Kelliara falls completely still, save for her steady breathing. "Is there a portrait you are particularly eager to do?"

"What do you mean?" Teani asks, staring even more intently at the canvas than before. From the slowly spreading blush that darkens her cheeks, it

is quite obvious she understood the question and the implications.

"I mean is there someone you are more eager to paint than others," Kelliara presses wryly, the corners of her lips pull upwards into a something of

a smirk. "Looking forward to do, more than others, perhaps."

"I, ah..." Teani closes her mouth and swallows hard. She remains silent for a long time, intent on her work on the canvas. All the while, she seems

to be struggling to control her blush. "Well, there are some people on the list that will be quite interesting to put on canvas." she replies at

long last, attempting to keep her answer as neutral as possible.

Relentlessly, Kelliara says, "Such as?"

"Um, well, there's Ferrik, of course." Teani says off-handedly, nodding to herself. "That will be interesting just because the mere concept of him

in any kind of pin-up fashion is just..." She pauses, a slight grin creeping up on her face. "Well, you know. It's Ferrik and he's generally

hilarious." She keeps working on the painting, seemingly once more in control of her emotions. "And of course it will be a privilege to paint

Faerah." she continues.

Thinking: Alright, I avoided that one narrowly. Please don't let her ask any more questions.

"I admit I do not know Ferrik overly well, Kelliara comments slowly. "Aside from his love of buffalo. Which is not surprising to me. And as for

Faerah? Hmm, I admit I was surprised she agreed without the need to press the matter."

"I, eh, feel obligated to say that she chased me around the city attempting to strangle me to death for even daring to ask." Teani says, nodding

to herself after finishing her statement, which sounds, perhaps, a little but rehearsed. "Dangerous woman, that one."

Skeptically, Kelliara says, "I find that unlikely. She is more likely to turn someone into a pincushion than try and strangle them."

"That is to say she has always seemed to prefer her bow to her whip," Kelliara adds, by way of explanation.

"Well, yeah, but dead is dead, no?" Teani attempts to wave the matter away. "She will be standing for a portrait in her winery, giving that some

publicity. It's going to be great."

"True," Kelliara agrees. "But I find your story unlikely, yes? Makes me wonder why you bothered with it."

Impassively, Kelliara says, "At any rate, it does not matter, overly. The point is you convinced her to do so."

Teani glances at the entrance of the den, as if half-expecting the subject of the conversation to suddenly burst in, then looks over the edge of

her canvas at Kelliara. "She wanted to protect her reputation." she confides with a low voice, then nods her head. "I'm glad she got on board."

"Oh? Why would she not have simply said 'no' in the case? No need for the attempted-strangulation," Kelliara observes casually. Her eyes follow

your look towards the den's entrance, but somehow the rest of her remains stone still. "Is it just those two you are interested in painting?" she

asks, abruptly changing the subject. "You said 'some'. I wonder if there are more than two."

"I think she doesn't want her guild to see her in a different way for accepting, but at the same time, she might want to participate since it's for

a good cause?" Teani muses, going back to painting, working on the finishing touches. "Alright, you can move now, if you want. It's mostly small

things left and I can do those from memory." she says, dipping her brush in some paint, hand freezing as Kelliara returns to the previously dropped

topic. Taking a deep breath, she wills herself to go back to work. "Well, they're all unique in their own way..." she says, once more attempting

the neutral path.

Thinkin: Well, Pit! She won't let that drop, will she?

Kelliara immediately takes a deep breath from her cigar -- something she's been waiting to do since painting began, if the way her eyes close and

smile widens is any indication. She exhales slowly through her nostrils, and climbs to her feet to circle behind you and inspect what's been done.

"Evasive," she points out. "But likely not untrue."

Teani presses her lips together into a tight line, the blush now raging on her cheeks, giving it a very deep burgundy hue. However, the portrait

has not been ruined by the distraction. As Kelliara comes around to watch, she adds a few small wisps of white above the end of the cigar,

carefully smudging it to look like smoke. "Yeah..." she murmurs softly, but then eventually lets out a sigh. "To be completely honest? There is one

that most likely will get my heart racing a little." Her lips tug up on one side, creating a wry smile.

Kelliara doesn't reply straight away, busy as she is inspecting your work wearing an entirely impassive expression. Finally, a grin overcomes her

features, and she withdraws a step from looming over the artists shoulder to give you a slight nod in approval. "You should be wary," she cautions

goodnaturedly. "You may have people pressing incessantly you to do paintings for them."

Teani looks over her shoulder at Kelliara, grinning widely at the praise. "Thank you, Doyen. I do quite like to paint, but I'll heed your warning."

She finishes the last, then, as she puts the brush away, she flexes her hand a few times. "It's quite tiring on the hands." Holding the portrait

up, she smiles with satisfaction. "This one turned out well too, I think."

Curiously, Kelliara says, "Did you expect it would not?"

Teani lifts a shoulder, still looking at the painting. "Oh, you never know, really. It's easy to over-think things and do too much." She turns towards Kelliara with a small grin. "And you distracted me a little with those questions, you know." Carefully, she sets the painting aside to let it dry on an even surface.

Kelliara wryly says to you, "Consider it a test in your ability to work whilst being distracted."

Teani smirks at Kelliara, but then nods her head sagely. "True, might be a good thing you put me through that. I'll need it later."

Kelliara stretches languidly.

You say, "Well, I guess we're all done here. Oh, and you will be on the first page inside the calendar, the table of contents, unless you want to switch to one of the months?"

You say, "You can represent Ios if you want, instead of me."

Yawning widely, Kelliara crosses over to retrieve her clothing, tossing the bundle of clothes over one shoulder. "Did you require me any further, Teani? I will need to rest a while shor- Oh. It does not matter to me. Place it wherever inside you wish."

Teani shakes her head. "I'm all good. And alright. I'll keep that in mind if someone else wishes to change their position." She smiles brightly and gathers up her tools. "I'm guessing you don't need an escort back to the city."

Shaking her head, Kelliara says, "I will be returning to my haven."

Kelliara inclines her head politely to you.

You incline your head politely to Kelliara.

Kelliara says, "Be well, Teani."

Kelliara wryly says, "I trust you will enjoy doing the portrait you are looking forward to."

Kelliara leaves to the ether.

You snort arrogantly.

You say, "Darn inquisitive woman!"

Accompanying ascii art can be found here:
    http://hastebin.com/juwuheqawu.pl

But please read the log first to better enjoy the outcome!

HugoMoireanAkaryuterraVash
    And another painting session: Scene from the hot forge starring @Ishin! *fan* :blush:

Teani purses her lips, then looks over at Ishin.

Sollace tilts her head curiously.

"What?" Ishin asks curiously.

Teani shifts her eyes suspiciously, perhaps not even aware that she was staring. "OH, just considering your portrait." she says to Ishin.

Ishin grunts lightly. "I see," he says. "Which part of it were you considering?"

Teani's lips tug up in one corner and she decides that there's something -very- interesting to look at up in the sky. "Actually whether you would have time for it now or not."

Ishin shrugs a little, before nodding at you. "Sure, sure, why not," he says.

Ishin smiles impishly and says, "Lead the way."

"Psh, I don't know where the forge is, mister And that's where you said you wanted to be." Teani responds, actually looking a bit embarrassed.

Ishin rolls his eyes.

Ishin beckons you to him.

Within the Spirean forge house.

Ishin says, "Here we are."

"Ah, right. I knew that." Teani says a bit hesitantly. "Alright. I don't know much about forging and stuff, but I believe you had something in mind for your portrait?"

Ishin nods solemnly at you. His hands lift and he begins to disrobe, pulling off each piece of clothing languidly. First his coat, then the shirt, the boots briefly - and his pants. Turning away from you, he pulls a leather codpiece out of a sleek, discreet pack of black leather, and after strapping it on, he turns back to you. In just his codpiece and boots. He takes up a hammer of forging, before wagging his eyes at you. Unclothed as he is, the tattoos sprawling across his body are quite visible, swirling and angling across the planes of his lean musculature. "How's this?"

He is an athletic Idreth and stands a few inches over seven feet in height. His musculature is lean
    but leaves little doubt to the power contained therein, and he seems to exude a subtle air of both
    power and authority. Neatly trimmed nails tip each of the ten, fight calloused digits on his large,
    strong hands. A disheveled mess atop his head, a veritable mane of black hair gives what would
    ordinarily be a calm, handsome face something of a wild look. From that face gaze a pair of
    startlingly blue eyes - a deeper, sapphire blue with lighter, almost sky blue striations - though
    several of them have turned a bright, vivid crimson. Slightly thin lips line his mouth, which is
    quick to expression when he speaks. Behind his lips, his teeth are white and straight - though his
    canines, both top and bottom, are longer and sharper than normal. Originating from beneath his dark
    mane, and visible where clothing does not cover his faintly tanned skin, the sweeping angles and
    gentle curves of a solid black tattoo can be seen, the design shifting between being angularly
    tribal in nature to a fluid whorling depending on where upon him it can be seen. Two branches come
    up along his neck and arc back to his ear, before they turn sharply inwards and slide over his
    cheeks, terminating at a needlelike end pointing towards an aquiline nose. He walks with the
    blessing of Chakrasul.

(on the middle finger of his left hand) : a shadowy ring
    (curled into his upper right arm) : a ribbed serpentine armband
    (in only codpiece and..) : a pair of soft, half-calf black boots

As Ishin starts undressing, Teani begins pulling out her equipment, stealing glances in his direction, blinking at his complete lack of modesty. It's quite apparent that she is having some trouble focusing on her own work until he turns around to face her completely. At that point she simply stops working at all, mouth gaping. "I, er... I didn't think you were serious about the codpiece!" she says, cheeks burning in a bright blush.

Glancing down at the codpiece, Ishin stares at it briefly, before looking back up to you. "You want me to take it off," he asks, booted feet shifting on the floor a little. He tucks a hammer of forging into one armpit and reaches down, tugging briefly at the odd piece of protective gear.

"No! No no no." Teani reaches out both hands, shaking them fervently. "That will -not- be necessary!" If anything, her cheeks go even darker. "I, um.. it will be just fine like that, thanks. If you could, er... well, do what forge-people do, I'll see if I can find a good angle and a place to sit." She nods to herself, looking around and everywhere except at Ishin, nodding to herself. "Yes, that would be good."

Eyeballing you as if doubting the honest of your words, Ishin nevertheless moves over towards the forge. Chucking several pieces of coal in, he crouches down briefly to blow a stream of fire inside, lighting the coal on fire. Then, taking up a hammer of forging properly, he stands by the forge and anvil.

Teani clears her throat and crosses her arms over her chest as she watches Ishin step into position, trying her best to look professional. Her grip around her upper arms is a bit more tight than her otherwise relaxed pose might suggest. "Right." She follows his lean musculature across the chest and down along the arm to the hammer as she moves around the forge. "I don't suppose you could stand with that hammer held high for a stroke for too long." she muses. Looking behind herself, she finds a crate to sit on and pulls her equipment close before taking a seat. She checks the angle once more, the red glow from the forge spreading across one side of the tall Idreth.

Ishin lifts a hammer of forging, glancing at it briefly. "This baby thing," he asks. "Of course. Let me know when it's just right." He lifts his arm back, as he if were lifting the hammer for a blow upon something before him, and slowly starts to inch the limb forward, playing through the motion.

Teani watches the motion carefully and eventually calls out, "Alright, there. That's perfect. Now you should look at me." She uses small gestures with her hand, a paintbrush wedged between her fingers, to direct the angle of Ishin's head. "We want to get the right connection with those looking at the picture, right?"

His arm freezing where you says, Ishin's sapphire blue eyes lift, settling on you. When they do, a small, smug smile touches his lips. Without moving too much, he says to you, "Yes ma'am."

Biting her lower lip, Teani studies the scene before her carefully for quite some time before looking down at the sheet of vellum in her lap, her blush still quite evident on her cheeks. She starts off with the background, adding the reddish glow to it that emanates from the hot forge.

Ishin's eyes linger on you, that smug little smile still plastered on his face. As the reddish glow of the forge dances, so too does the light play along the swirling and angular tattoos covering the tall Idreth's most-nude form - which has also begun to sweat lightly from the heat put off by the burning coal, covering him in a light sheen of sweat.

Teani glances up from her work to start drawing the contours of Ishin's body, something that causes her hand to tremble slightly at the sight of his smug expression. She mutters a curse under her breath and takes to making a few more broader strokes on the background until she's managed to get herself back under control. After a deep breath, she looks up again, this time avoiding the face and focusing on the upper body, the hammer and its relation to the anvil. "So, is forging a difficult discipline?" she asks, attempting casual conversation to make time pass more quickly.

"Nah," Ishin says easily. "Well. Maybe. But I've got talent, so it's easier for me. A -lot- of things are easier for me." Every now and again, a section of his lean muscles will ripple - not from strain of holding the hammer up, but obviously because he's not used to consciously staying still for so long.

Teani nods her head, seemingly more relaxed from the conversation. "You've had plenty of time to practice on various things." she comments, pursing her lips. Looking up, her eyes now follow the length of Ishin's leg, carefully marking out the muscles that are clearly visible thanks to the light. She works with swift, but precise movements, slowly filling the canvas with colors. "Then again, we're all talented in different areas." She shoots him a half-smile. "Mine, apparently, is not as harmful as others."

Ishin makes a small sound, his shoulders shrugging minutely so as to not disturb the image and position he has. "Just takes practice, Teani. It's like fucking. The more you do it, the better you get with that partner - and the better you get overall. Fighting, too. More you fight one person, better both of you get at fighting one another."

At the casual comment, Teani curses once more as the paintbrush skids away across the canvas. Thankfully it was almost completely out of paint. Muttering to herself, she keeps her eyes down, almost, but not completely, hiding the darkness on her cheeks. "I suppose." she murmurs at last. "You'd know more about that than me." She smirks and continues adding details to cover the small mistakes made by the rampant brush stroke. Eventually, she has to look up to take in the details of Ishin's face.

Ishin's hips rock ever so slightly - but visible, to you - before stilling again. "Know a whole lot about that," he says. "You don't get as old as I am and not know a whole lot about fuckin'. Well...I guess you might if you've never done a lot of it. But still. That would suck. It's a great thing." If anything, the smug look on his face only increases, his blue eyes flicking back and forth from you to your paintbrush.

Teani stops moving completely, gripping her brush tightly, then narrows her eyes as she glances at Ishin. "Hey, what's with the moving about?" she admonishes, with just enough authority in her voice to sound serious, though she can't help but pull her lips into a wry grin. She dips the brush in the blue paint, saying, "Now... last part. Best get this right or the whole thing will be ruined." She takes a few deep breaths and sets to work with the eyes. Her own dart between the canvas and Ishin very rapidly to capture the right shadows and highlights.

Ishin's eyelids open just a little more, as if to give you open view of them. He gazes directly into your gaze when you looks up to him, the look nowhere near shy or timid. "Sorry about that," he murmurs, the few red striations in his blue irises gleaming along with the forge's bright glow.

A brief pillar of jade light fills the skies above the Isle of Despair as the Dark Matron returns to Her throne.

"Mmhmm." comes the only response as Teani finishes the details. Now that the work has grabbed her attention, she seems less inclined to blushing when returning Ishin's direct stare. After a little while, she nods, looking up from the painting for a good while drinking in the detauls, and says, "Alright, you can relax. I think I can finish the last few things off without you posing." She applies some red to the thinnest pf her brushes and adds a few small streaks to the eyes.

Ishin lowers a hammer of forging, resting it on the anvil while his hands come to rest on his hips. "Whew," he says, lifting a hand to wipe the back of it over his brow, clearing away a few beads of sweat. "Lady Chakrasul wants one of the pin-ups for Herself, too, Teani. Just said so Herself."

"Mmm... uh, what?" Teani starts up from her work, looking about the forge. "She... um, She wants some of my work?"

Ishin nods over at you. "Yeah. I mentioned you were doin' my picture for the pin-up calendar, and She said to have one of 'those..err..things' provided to Her."

Teani blinks, then looks down at her painting. There's no denying the raunchiness of the work, with every detail captured down to the sweat beading on Ishin's skin and the smug curl of his lip. "I, um, well... I suppose She will have to wait until the calendar is finished like everyone else."

Ishin smiles impishly and says to you, "Yes, the calendar. I'm sure She won't mind waiting to get Hers."

Teani fans herself with a hand, then catches herself doing it while shifting her eyes between the portrait and Ishin. "Pit, it's hot in here with that thing going." she says, shifting her eyes. Realizing it's a meek attempt of a cover, she grins sheepishly at Ishin and adds, with a slight blush to her cheeks still, "Though that's probably not all the forge."

Shrugging expressively, Ishin keeps his hands on his hips. "I'll go ahead and get dressed, then, yeah? Wouldn't want you to have a uh...heatstroke in here."

Teani lets out a nervous laugh. "Yea-hah.. probably not the best of ideas in such a public place." She smirks and her eyes traveling down Ishin's body down to the codpiece covering his private parts. "Besides, I think pants might be a little bit more comfortable than that thing."

Pursing his lips briefly, Ishin looks over the painting. "Damn fine work," he murmurs. "I think if I was a girl, I'd fuck myself."

You let out a long "Mmhmm...", your eyebrows arched in pleasure.

Ishin waggles his eyebrows at you suggestively.

Ishin smiles impishly and says, "Need anything else?"

Teani smirks at Ishin and pauses to consider the question for a brief moment. "I think I'm good for now." she says, the stretches up to give Ishin a quick peck on the cheek. "Thanks for taking the time."

Ishin nods his head solemnly, before lifting a hand to wiggle his fingers in farewell.

And the Ascii art!

http://hastebin.com/zupoquvuqo.parser3

MoireanVash
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    @‌Ishin be all like

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinColetteTeaniSollaceXeniaFaerahMoirean
    edited February 2015
    And next comes @Olethea!

(Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "Teaniiiiiiii."
    (Tells): You tell Olethea, "Hello there!"
    (Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "You should paint me."
    (Tells): You tell Olethea, "That I should!"
    (Tells): You tell Olethea, "Do you have your fur coat?"
    (Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "Mhm!"
    (Tells): You tell Olethea, "Alright, where do you want to take care of this then?"
    (Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "....I'm tempted to say 'my haven."
    (Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "But it's not very, um."
    (Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "Wintery."
    (Tells): You tell Olethea, "Hah, how about the arbor?"
    (Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "The - wha?"
    (Tells): You tell Olethea, "Up near the north exit of the city?"
    (Tells): From an unseen place, Olethea communicates to you, "Ooh, maybe? If not that, the pine
    forest near the Chapel."
    (Tells): You tell Olethea, "Well, come see for yourself and then make a decision."
    Olethea wanders up with a coat over her arm, looking around thoughtfully.

Olethea raises her hand in greeting and says "Hi!"

Teani nods at Olethea, smiling. "Well, here's the arbor." She gestures around herself. It's quite lovely, isn't it?"

Olethea
    She is an athletic Idreth, waif-like and lithe, with a graceful gait and delicate figure. Her eyes
    are wild and blue - the cool white-blue of flame, with pupils that are either white or not there at
    all. Her face is round, with high cheekbones and freckles and lips overbitten by prominent fangs
    that are visible whether or not her mouth is closed. The tone of skin upon which those freckles
    spatter is so pale as to be nearly transluscent, and beneath it a faint, molten glow ebbs, shifts
    and surges gently. About her temples - and her hairline, shoulders, and down her back for that
    matter - tiny flecks of obsidian blossom like serpentine scales. They are sparse, at least at first -
    but the further down her back they go, the closer together they grow, until they grow together
    along a long and properly serpentine tail. Her hair is wild, red and curled, striated with greasy
    streaks of violet and smoky greys, flying in defiance of gravity about her head and shoulders,
    drifting like smoke about pointed ears. And she has wings remniscent of a gyrfalcon's wings, large
    and the ash-white colour of thick smoke, easily five times across as she is tall. Despite their size,
    she manages them with lazy grace.

(on a thin chain around her neck) : a shadowy ring
    (its skirts drifting about the legs) : an ethereal dress of ash-white silk and lace
    (slipped on casually) : the Winged Slippers of Xon
    (delicately adorning her brow) : an alternating orchid and black rose circlet

Olethea smiles faintly, fanning her wings out to stretch them, before letting them settle again. "It's lovely! ....Isn't it a bit public, though?" Her eyes drift to the guards. "I mean, it'd be funny to explain to someone why you're sitting here painting someone's pretty as me who's stripped down to next to nothing in the middle of an open court."

Clapping a hand to her cheek, Olethea's grin only grows. "Oh, how people might talk!"

Olethea says, "I changed my mind, I love the idea."

Teani looks about herself, suddenly considering this idea in a whole different light, but once Olethea seems to change her mind, she smirks and nods. "Well, alright then. Let's get things set up." She pulls out a tacked frame of skin, looks at it for a moment, then puts it aside. Instead, she removes a fresh clean paper from a folder, its crisp white surface matching the white snow on the ground. "Make yourself comfortable somewhere and I'll position myself for proper light and such."

Unperturbed by onlookers, Olethea sets the coat down and slips off the Winged Slippers of Xon and removes an alternating orchid and black rose circlet from her brow, setting both aside easily. With the same ease - and some humming - she reaches behind her neck for the button to an ethereal dress of ash-white silk and lace and undoes it, letting the lace peel back from her collarbones slightly as she starts wiggling her arms free of the sleeves.

Teani continues picking amongst her tools, making sure that she has all the paint and brushes required for the job. Once everything seems to be in order, she affixes the clear paper to a new frame and finally turns towards Olethea to see how far she has come.

Olethea pauses in undressing only briefly, once her arms are free and the dress is ready to fall away to her ankles, clutching it to her chest with a bit of a wry expression. "...Y'know, one of these days I'm going to start wearing under-things. Could you pass me the coat? I just remembered we're outside."

Teani lets out a soft chuckle, shaking her head as she moves over to where the dropped coat is resting. She picks it up and walks over to Olethea. "The snow on the ground should have tipped you off." she says with a grin, then hands the furry garment over. "Besides, it's Spinesreach. It's always somewhat cold outside here!"

Olethea laughingly says, "It's not the cold, it's more the flashing you."

Slinging the coat around her shoulders, Olethea drops her dress and steps out of it. She has evidently tailored the white-furred garment prior to your meeting, because it only takes a bit of shuffling to fit her wings through a large flap in the back - which she quickly buttons up between them - after which she negotiates the sleeves. Around her, snow has started to melt.

Teani smirks, shaking her head once more. "I've already told you that I am not interested in women." Her smirk turns into a wicked grin as she looks over her shoulder. "Or are you trying to be modest because you're interested in me?" She walks the last bit to her things, then turns around, waiting for Olethea to settle down somewhere.

Grinning slyly, Olethea tosses you a wink. "Wouldn't be the first time I was someone's exception. And I'd hate to distract you from you-know-who."

Teani lets out a snort. "He's more interested in you than me, I daresay." Her cheeks darken slightly, but she quickly suppresses it.

Olethea grins toothily. "Pfff, you haven't even asked!" And with that, she drops to sit, legs on either side of her hips and coat open down the middle. Honestly, it'd be really very lewd, if one arm wasn't planted in front of her to help with balance, and the other crossed over her chest, carefully holding the coat from opening further.

"I don't have to." Teani smirks, pacing a few steps from side to side as she takes in the different angles with a very business-like air. "It's all in the way he acts around the two of us. He's mainly toying with me, I think." With the last few words, her tone takes on what might perhaps be disappointment, but she switches quickly as she finds a good angle. "If you could turn your head a little this way. I don't think I'll go for the straight from the front, as that won't show off your curves as well."

Rolling her eyes in a very childish sort of way, Olethea deigns not to comment - at least not at the moment - and follows your movement with her head. Her expression has settled into something of a cheeky smirk - wrinkled nose and fire-filled eyes, one comment away from pealing off into mirthful giggling.

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to
    begin a new day. It is now the 25th of Slyphian, year 441 of the Midnight Age.

"Aha!" Teani says, smiling brightly. "That's the expression is perfect!" She settles down and quickly starts sketching out the rough lines. Her eyes dart from the paper and up to Olethea, then to the surroundings. She continues working, obviously very focused on the drawing, but still chances a few words. "What have you been up to since we met last?"

Olethea patters off into giggles - your question did it, and she ducks her head quickly to stifle them. It takes a bit before she manages to grin again. "Work, mostly. Busy busy busy bee on Kawhe, is you ask Ish. Keepin' projects and scrolls up to date, pokin' little people to progress, upper-end administrative stuff, harvesting, hunting, helping people hit higher circles, designing a lot, working on a masquerade, comin' up with new games, teachin' people to be aides, ridin' Ish's butt so he gets stuff done, takin' questions, makin' sure people get along, helpin' someone with their final project, nosin' about a couple personal projects, took a few commissions...."

Teani lets out a quick laugh, carefully removing the brush from her canvas before looking up. "You certainly have been busy." she says, smiling back at Olethea. She returns to the painting and by the looks of it, she is now trying to capture the strands of hair waving about her head.

Giggling again Olethea fights to regain her smirk as she says, "I'm -always- busy." She nods once, and her hair wavers like a candle in the wind, as she shifts slightly to prevent her foot from falling asleep.

Teani's eyes sparkle brightly. "It's a good thing, I think. I try my best to help people when I can, and then there's always commissions." Pursing her lips, she picks up the smallest brush and starts adding the details. "Now, keep still, and try to bring back that cheeky expression you h... there. That one! Now freeze!" She works furiously, doing her best not to let the subject of her art have to sit for too long.

Olethea snickers softly. Fortunately, this doesn't make her nose wrinkle any less, or her eyes lose her sparkle, as her gaze follows the scratching of your brush. "Besides that, been gathering .... anecdotes, on the off-chance you change your mind on the gossip thing." And her cheeky grin grows wider.

Teani adds the final touches, looking down at her work. "Gossip?" she asks, not quite focused enough to realize in which direction the conversation suddenly went. "Oh, all done. You can relax now and come look if you want."

Scrambling over, Olethea drops the teasing attitude and begins bouncing on her bare toes, squealing in a most giddy manner. "Ooo ooh ooh ooh!"

Olethea claps her hands together merrily.

You ask, "You're happy with the results?"

Olethea nods her head sagely.

You smile at Olethea.

You say, "Excellent."

Olethea says, "I have to go back to designing."

Olethea says, "We can talk 'bout Ish later."

You shift your eyes from side to side suspiciously.

Olethea hums innocently to herself.

Hurriedly, you say, "Take care for now!"

Olethea waves goodbye.

You wave goodbye.
    </div

Forgot to add the ascii art! Not my best piece, but here you go:

http://hastebin.com/atadayerap.vhdl

MoireanHavenAkaryuterraVash
    edited February 2015
    And now @Faerah has been painted as well! :smiley:

You smile at Faerah.

You incline your head politely to Faerah.

Faerah inclines her head politely to you.

You ask Faerah, "How are you doing, General?"

Faerah's head cranes upward, her gold-wreathed gaze lifting with it as she inspects a simple veranda overhead in an idle fashion. "Well enough, I suppose," she flatly replies.

Teani nods in return, though her smile remains. "Do you think it's time to do your portrait soon?" she asks, tilting her head to the side.

Faerah's jaw sets and her nostrils flare as a quiet sigh escapes them. "I suppose it's best to get this over with sooner than later - though I hardly know why you need me present. Can you not just paint from memory?"

Teani wrinkles her nose, shaking her head. "I don't know what you look like in whatever attire you will be wearing, nor in the right setting." With a raised eyebrow, she asks, "Since you have agreed to it, don't you want it to be done properly rather than half-assed?"

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day. It is now the 22nd of Arios, year 442 of the Midnight Age.

"Oh, I could certainly care less how it turns out." Faerah bluntly replies, glancing over at you. "Physical vanity is for those with little else to do with their time." The winged redhead's hands clasp before her as her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. "But fine. We can do it your way."

"I thought you wanted it to promote your Winery?" Teani asks with a small frown, a note of disappointment in her voice. "That's hardly the attitude I thought you'd have about it."

Faerah's head tilts to the left inquisitively. "...I believe I have made my belief in the silliness of this all quite clear from the beginning? For the leader of the Syssin, I'm not really know for masking my intentions or thoughts." A sly smirk crosses her lips as she closes the distance between you and herself. "Now. Are we going to do this, or are you going to pout more?"

Teani mimics Faerah's expression. "Just making sure you're in the right mood for the painting. We wanted to give you a disapproving look, no?" She gestures towards the north. "After you, General."

A candlelit wine cellar.
    Sealed and laid horizontally, large barrels filled with various wines of different types and vintages line the perimeter of this spacious, almost cavernous cellar. The surrounding walls and ceiling are made of worn rock, bent to a curve as if this location was once a tunnel running under the city that has since been sealed off. On top of each barrel, a lit candle is found, the drippings of wax from them and those before them accumulating on the unfinished oak beneath them. The room is temperate, its below-ground location maintaining a constant dry and mild environment perfect for storing and aging fine wines. Encircled by etchings of the star-shaped blossoms of night-blooming jasmine, a spiral staircase twists its way upward from the cellar's center, inviting patrons to return to the floor above. There are 2 straight-backed iron chairs here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. There are 3 small, lightweight chairs here. A conscripted Spirean soldier coldly scans the area for threats. A thin, narrow table of polished obsidian stands here. Faerah is here, hidden. She wields a jewel-encrusted buckler in her left hand and an iron-tipped whip in her right.

"This is likely best." Faerah glancing about with a quirked eyebrow and a shrug.

Teani purses her lips as she looks around. "I agree, close to the barrels." she agrees, moving around a little to find a good angle. "I'll make a quick sketch of you and finish the painting later. That way you don't have to endure this for long." She shoots Faerah a wry smile. "What do you say to leaning elegantly against a barrel?"

Faerah
    She is an athletic Idreth. A luxurious head of dark, sanguine tresses crowns this woman's head, the loose curls half twisted and ensnared in the teeth of an icicle hairpin in an, often futile, attempt to keep stray strands from her face while the remainder tumbles capriciously down her torso to taper at her slender waist. Brilliant gold bursts forth from the deep green eyes that accentuate her soft facial features, a gently sloping nose sitting between them that is underscored by a set of full lips that at rest, remain in a flat line. Long legs elevate the Idreth to above average height, the striking curve of her hips where her legs meet her torso balanced out by broad shoulders that gift her with a shapely, yet sturdy, figure. Translucent, and appearing as if crafted of delicate blown glass, thin and sharply-angled chitin wings extend from just below her shoulder blades.

(worn on the back) : a quiver of Cthalut
    (falling just below the knee) : a black woolen longcoat
    (fitted at the waist) : a black cotton skirt
    (worn on a finger) : a black gold wedding ring with an inset emerald
    (worn on head) : an icicle hairpin
    (on the right thumb) : a scintillating gold and silver owl ring
    (covering the torso) : an indigo leather corset
    (around the waist) : a black snakeskin weaponbelt
    (slung over a shoulder) : the Bow of the Champion
    (on the left ring finger) : a silver engagement ring set with golden citrines

"That should be... Adequate, I suppose. I really have no experience with these things." Faerah's attention shifts to the barrels behind her, gold-wreathed gaze examining them thoughtfully. After a moment, she tosses her weight into a comfortable - not at all seductive - lean against them before glancing back at you with a curious, arched eyebrow. "This all right?" she asks.

Teani dips her head in a very slow nod. "Perhaps I should add a whip in your hands." Her lips quirk up as she brings out a sketchbook and starts drawing a few lines and curves for the background. Tilting her head up to look at Faerah again, she asks, "Would you mind terribly bringing a foot up against the barrel behind you? Bending the knee a little, you know? And turning your head this way."

Faerah nods a bit, acquiescing to your request as she lifts her foot to settle on a lower barrel. She glances back over to you, a thought visibly crossing her lips as a wicked grin twists its way across her lips. "I hear that Ishin took you to the forges for his." The Idreth's dual-toned gaze trails along you face as her words drip with amusement from her lips.

Teani lets out a 'hmph', smirking briefly without taking her eyes from her sketch. "He's a tease, that's what he is. I think men in general find it very fun to make me blush." she grumbles, glancing up to catch Faerah's new posture and sketch the outline of it on her paper. "I managed to get through it though." There's a hint of satisfaction in her voice. "Turned out pretty well."

"Mm." Faerah smirks a bit as she glances down at the back of her hand for a moment. "He enjoys the attention and women seem to be more than willing to give it to him." There's no accusation in her voice, her words roll from her lips in a rather 'matter-of-factly' manner. "I suppose it is good for his ego. He's never fun to be about when he's in a poor mood."

"Oh, that's the truth alright." Teani agrees, the piece of coal brushing quickly against the paper. She uses a knuckle to smudge it, creating shadows here and there. "I'm sure he can survive without my attention though." she says at long last. "Plenty of others showering him with it, as you said." She makes one more cursory study of the scene before her, then nods her head. "Should be alright now."

"Ah good." Faerah replies, cracking her knuckles - each giving off a soft 'pop.' "I have noticed that you have collected a good number of my Lieutenants for this endeavor. I shall have to scold them for being so agreeable. They obviously have too much time on their hands." The sly grin returns to the winged redhead's lips as her head inclines in your direction.

Teani chuckles softly. "Just be sure to scold them -after- they have let me do their portrait, so my work can be completed. I would hate for this to fall on me suddenly running out of people to paint."

"Jensen. Olethea. Ishin." Faerah counts off the names, her head tilting as her sanguine curls sweep from her shoulders to fall behind her back. "Have you gotten them all?" She pauses thoughtfully, shoving herself from her leaning position to an upright stand after a passing moment.

Teani considers the names as they are listed. "Only have Jensen left of those. Olethea tracked me down the other month for her portrait. She was quite enthusiastic about it." The Idreth woman grins widely, then picks up a tacked frame of skin from amongst her discarded belongings. "Oh, and Jensen helped me make this for when I do Aldric's portrait."

For the first time, a genuine smile graces the Idreth's features. "He does have a rather delightfully grotesque way about him," Faerah fondly states of Jensen, her gaze lifting once more. "He's one I leave to his own pursuits. He's more... An artist, really," she muses. After a moment, she glances back at you with a clearing of her throat. "Was there anything else you needed, Teani?"

Affected by the smile, Teani returns one of her own, nodding her head. "He is. I'm glad I was able to help him get that restaurant of his." She picks up her other things, carefully tucking them away in her pack before shaking her head at Faerah. "I'd best get to my haven and finish the painting while I still have this fresh in my memory." she states. "Thanks for doing this though. I really appreciate it."

"Just make it... Tasteful." Faerah requests. "That was one of your assurances, yes?"

Teani nods her head. "You'll be wearing the clothes you are now, so no more skin than perhaps a little bit of thigh, and with your permission, I'll add a coiled up whip?" She raises a hopeful eyebrow.

"...Sound agreeable." Faerah nods, her voice flat as she inclines her head in your direction. "Walk in strength."

Ascii: http://hastebin.com/wawolituqe.parser3

Vash
    Here's an absolutely fantastic session starring @Akaryuterra and Ryotega. I had so much fun, thank you!

Akaryuterra wanders into the Break, a pair of wrought iron fixtures in one hand clinking together as he walks. He appears to be dressed for some occasion, his attire is pinstripes, from head to toe, including a sharp red tie tucked into his short coat. When he sees both Kelliara and you, one eye brow ridge raises. "Ladies." he says, addressing both of you.

Akaryuterra makes his way over to one of the felted tables and hangs the pair of fixtures over the side, spaced a good four feet apart.

Teani turns from Kelliara as Akaryuterra steps into view. "Ah, are those for the light you were talking about?" she asks, nodding at the fixtures. She puts away the folder in her lap, rising up to greet Akaryuterra properly.

Akaryuterra
    He is a wise Xoran that stands at just over eight and a half feet tall. He is clad from his serpentine head down to his black talons in glossy, polished, sanguine scales. The sheen of his scales accentuates toned muscles and sinuous tendon. If he turns his head thin silver patterns of tiger-like stripes can be seen leading down his back. A cluster of thin black spines runs along the back of his jaw and dot his chin. A glance reveals the patterns round his body, coming over his shoulders, to his collar bone, the wispy fingers of some unseen creature. They round his side, touching his ribs before tapering and stopping at the edges of his belly. Just underneath his left shoulder is a large knotted scar, twisted with many short trails radiating roughly two finger widths outward from the central knot. The scales on his belly are a vivid yellow that pales to the near white color of bone as they flow down his body to the underside of his thick reptilian tail. His wide shoulders support well muscled arms that end in ebon-clawed hands with white palms. They appear to have a texture like sharkskin. His left hand is marked with the symbol of yuef. If you chance looking at his eyes, you are met with an unnerving gaze. One slitted eye is an arctic blue and the other is a deep green. The second has dilated to being a mere ring of green constraining a large black pupil. From the back of his head, two horns emerge and curve under, similar to a ram's. They turn up at sharp points above and forward of his eyes. His expression is reserved, giving a view of a thoughtful individual. On his neck is a black marking, comprised of a central circle and five rays, cradled by a quarter circle. A patch of lighter scales marrs his forhead, like a fading scar on skin.

Akaryuterra says, "They are indeed."

Akaryuterra nods and smiles. "I am not sure how much light is needed, but I can retrieve another if necessary." Looking to each of the lamps in turn, he pauses to think. "Lighting from below tends to look sinister. May need a better place to hang those."

Akaryuterra looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Kelliara waves vaguely towards Akaryuterra in greetings.

Teani looks at the ceiling above. "Hooks from there, maybe?"

Akaryuterra says, "Hello Kelliara What is in the folder, if I may ask?"

Akaryuterra makes idle conversation as he scans the establishment, and then looks up to where you looks. "Could work, I suppose. I thought I should come dressed, as, apparently, Eleanor finds the act of undressing, or being in partial dress more appealing." After a pause, he adds, as an afterthought,"The implication that clothing may come off, or may conceal something, you see." He seems to agree with you. Moving one of the fixtures at a time, he finds a spot to hang them overhead.

"Ah, yes, we spoke of that when discussing her own portrait." Teani nods her head in agreement. "It can be very nice if done properly. The main point is to get some form of pleasantly provocative emotion out of it." Tilting her head, she watches as the fixtures are moved, nodding her head as he paces from side to side, making sure that the light is illuminating the right area. "That should be perfect."

Tiredly, Kelliara says, "Do not mind me. I expect to fall asleep here shortly."

Teani shoots a sympathetic smile towards Kelliara. "You should try to get some nice chamomile tea or something. I've heard that helps with sleep."

Kelliara grunts noncommittally.

Kelliara says, "Will leave you to your work."

Kelliara leaves to the west.

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day. It is now the 17th of Khepary, year 442 of the Midnight Age.

Akaryuterra shrugs as Kelliara leaves. "Wasn't gonna complain. It's not like the lot've ya ain't seen us shirtless b'fore." Setting to work, he begins unbuttoning his shirt, "So there's a couple ideas rollin' around. One's "cheeky" one's more, uh, sexy, I guess." The shortcoat hangs loosely from his shoulders. "Both'll use the stick an' a drink. Speakin'a which..."

"Henderson!" Ryotega calls loudly to the bartender, who casts a casual glance over, unfazed. "Need me a good drink. Gimme a short glass, if'n ya got one, yeah?" The tender rummages about behind the counter, preparing a drink. "I have no lowball glasses left at present, sir. A stout glass?" The Xoran gives a nod as he shrugs off the pinstripe garment, "Sure, it'll work." Akaryuterra points out, "It may be hard to use the glass for the front facing pose."

Teani nods, once more walking over to her things, making sure all the ink and brushes are ready for use. "I think Volka mentioned you two had come up with something really good." She picks up her leather folder and draws out a clean white paper from it. "Which ideas did you have? One frontal and one other?"

Akaryuterra says, "Yeah."

Ryotega nods, and starts loosening the black shirt that currently hugs the planes of his broad frame. "One makes more sense fer the drin. 'Kary's prob'ly right, front one won't make much sense fer a glass." Walking to the end of the felted table, Akaryuterra peels the shirt off and drops it to the floor. A short hop later and he's resting on the side of the table (which creaks in protest). He twists and grabs a pool stick from the top of the table, where it had been resting. About now, Henderson approaches, a glass in hand. "Ah, great, thanks." He raises his glass to Henderson upon receiving it, and takes a swig in the process. Angling his head to the side, his attention falls on you. "This's the first idea." A knowing smirk tugs up at the corner of his mouth, and he looks at you from the corner of his eye- the blue eye. In one hand, he holds the glass, while the other wrist rests on his thigh, allowing him to prop up the pool stick between his legs, one hand o the section of the handle that can be seen above his thghs. There are no doubts as to what is implied by this pose.

The main bar of the Clean Break.
    Unlike many of the other, more rustic establishments in the city, this bar is less of a place to start a brawl and more the location to enjoy a private drink and a conversation in lowered tones. The decor is dark wood and green fabric, with low but elegant lighting and a number of tables, booths and stools to choose from. The bar is long and polished, with rows of gleaming bottles and glasses behind, and a large mirror runs the length of the wall behind it. Toward the back of the room there are some large, felted tables for ball games with cues, and a couple of larger round tables intended for cards. There are 2 flame-shaped sigils here. A bartender with a magnificent moustache stands at the ready. A conscripted Spirean soldier statue coldly scans the area for threats. There are 2 wrought iron hanging lamps here. Sitting on the edge of a felted table, a pool stick between his legs, Akaryuterra is here, boldly meeting Teani's eyes.

Akaryuterra glances down, breaking eye contact. "Maybe I should remove the tie?"

Teani settles down in a chair, listening to Akaryuterra as he starts shedding his coat and shirt. She readies the paper on top of her folder, unconsciously making sure it is flat. She nods as the Xoran assumes position on the table, waiting for Henderson to retreat before commenting, an amused blush deepening the colors on her cheeks. "That one is... rather cheeky, yes!" she says with a smile. "And yes, I think the tie should go."

Akaryuterra gives a nod. He drops the pool stick, hooking it with his tail as it falls, in order to set it quietly to rest on the floor. After a moment, the tie falls to the floor and he nudges it over to where the shirt lays in a pile. "Other pose?"

Teani's smile still remains as she nods, obviously curious as to what might come next. "Yes, please." She leans forward a bit, glancing up at the new light fixtures with an appreciative nod before turning her attention back to Akaryuterra.

Ryotega slips off the edge of the table and lifts the pool stick back into his grasp. Akaryuterra says, giving a sheepish smile, "Cheeky is one word. I think I would term it lewd, personally." "Yer a prude. Course ya would." Ryotega retorts, using the pool stick akin to a walking stick as he rounds the table and sits on the edge of the table that faces you. "I'm not a prude. Giving the impressio- I'm not givin' the impression of masturbatin', I'm givin' the impression of a dick." "It's a static image, motion could be inferred." At this argument, Ryotega rolls their eyes. "Were tryin' the other pose, so shut it." After resting the glass on the top of the table with a thud, he picks up the pool stick and aligns it atop his shoulders. He sits down on the edge of the table and spreads his legs. "Elea says pinstripes make the legs look good, if'n ya get the legs for 'em. Keep 'em or lose 'em? Yer call, yer the one that'd have ta deal with paintin' 'em."

Before you has an answer, he drapes his arms across the stick and pulls downward lightly. this gives a full view of his broad chest, and his muscles under tension, which the lights hanging from above clearly highlight via shadow and the highlights on his glossy scales. The sitting posture has the added benefit of lending better definition to his abdominals. The warm light of the lanterns and the return of the knowing smirk present an inviting, if not teasing, impression. To add to this, Ryotega winks at you. Akaryuterra points out, "You need not flirt."

Teani holds up a hand to her mouth, partially covering a grin as the two of you argue back and forth. Once an agreement is met to go for the second pose, she leans back, tilting her head to the side. "I'll paint all of you." she comments, measuring Akaryuterra up carefully. "I think I like this one better." she muses, returning the wink with a slight grin. "Oh, it's just all friendliness." she says, waving off Akaryuterra's comment, then adds, "Yes, this should be perfect. Are you two comfortable?"

With a nod, the two of them glance down to get a better look at the pose. "Seems pretty good ta me. I could hold this." "No complaints, I suppose." Raising one brow questioningly, Ryotega asks. "What now, yer gonna say I'm doin' somethin' lewd with the stick?" The response from Akaryuterra is a sigh, followed by a shake of his head. "No. The pose is fine, I have no complaints." They nod and turn their head to the side, and cast a sidelong eye on you. "Always has ra criticize." "I did not criticize." Their muscles plump visibly, and the stick begins to bend as Ryotega flexes for the purpose of the portrait. "Eleanor will want us to buy her a new stick."

Akaryuterra rolls his eyes.

A smile fleets across Teani's lips as she bows her head down to start working on the background. The piece of coal begins with the broader lines, then a general outline of Akaryuterra's body. She chuckles a little while listening, glancing up at her subject. "Yeah, no breaking the stick in the middle of the painting session." she cautions, putting the coal away to move on to inks.

Ryotega grins devilishly, showing teeth now, his eye remaining locked on you. "Oh, don't break the stick ya say? If I broke the stick, we wouldn't have enough ta flex." The stick creaks and bends further. "That's unnecessary." Akaryuterra chastises, attempting to relax their muscles. "Well, hey, good news is we got a back up pose, an' there'd still be some leftover we could use in that, right?" His glib tone elicits a uncharacteristic huff of air from Akaryuterra, "Must you?" "Only cause yer bitchin'." A momentary feeling of tension spikes in the room. You're not precisely sure how it got there, but you have an educated guess as to what caused the arrival of the cigar that is planted firmly at the corner of their mouth.

"So, here's a question for the artist," Ryotega says, the cigar waggling at the corner of their mouth. "Anyone else do somethin' more cheeky? I'm curious. I heard ya worked with Kelliara. Hard ta get the right impression in a paintin', right? Can't really convey a grunt in paintin's, yeah?" The end of the cigar perks up as he smirks. Akaryuterra returns, "I would guess Kelliara can look quite appealing, actually. Perhaps she loosened up for the painting?" Their head shakes subtly, and the tip of the cigar glows again, "I dunno, I bet she'd be all business still." The stick straightens out slowly. "Need me ta keep pullin on that?" Ryotega asks.

Teani looks up from her drawing, blinking in surprise at the sudden addition. "I.. uh huh." is all she says, nodding her head once before returning to her work. With careful strokes, she has managed to put down most of the background on the paper, though no real details yet and she moves on to Akaryuterra. "Oh, Kelliara's painting actually turned out really well. I was more worried about the one on Faerah. She was not overly pleased with being in the calendar to begin with." She grins a little, glancing up at him to take in some more details. "The more cheeky additions have to be Ishin's and Olethea's contributions." she muses. "Ishin wore nothing but a codpiece and boots in the forge, and Olethea was wrapped up in only a fur coat."

"Tch. Lookit that, outdone by Ishin." Ryotega complains with mock disappointment. "We could've just as well worn nothin', but nooo, can't be holdin' a stick somewhere suggestive." The stick flexes again as Akaryuterra starts to flex, "Yes well, being the 'cheekiest' is hardly a title we must have under our belt." Smoke from the cigar begins to curl and rise from their nostrils, catching the light of the lamps in the thin, turbulent wisps. "And before you say it, I am not bitching." That elicits a bark of laughter from Ryotega, "Aw, don't be sore. Don't suit that reserved attitude'a yers." With all of the jabs and the back and forth banter, the two of them sound like elder and younger brothers. Akaryuterra snorts, blowing streams of smoke from their nose.

"I'll let you have a look once this is done." Teani promises, carefully adding the cigar to the drawing as she goes, seeing as it is now part of the scene. "Besides, you're wearing about as much as Xenia did in hers, and less than Faerah. Not too bad, I'd say, eh?" She grins up, tossing another wink in Akaryuterra's direction. Her brush moves across the paper with carefully precise strokes, as she has now come to the minor details. Glancing up and down repeatedly, she makes sure the scales are all set with the right amount of highlights and adds some more shade to the folds in the pants further down.

"I could do this again." Ryotega admits with a small shrug. "It's fun." Akaryuterra sighs. "You find it fun because I object." That grin returns, "Well, sure, that's part've it. Don't make this all about you." They take a deep draw from the cigar and slowly let it out, the fingers of smoke waving and creeping upward from between their teeth. "B'sides, Teani's gettin' a kick outta it too. Ain't ya?" Ryotega calls over to you. "We c'n get Elear ta hang the paintin' in here." He nods to the nearby wall. "Oh, well, in that case, perhaps we should hang the celesmas painting too." While it's clear Akaryuterra was mounting a protest, it seems to backfire. "Y'think? I dunno, Elea might not appreciate it. I'm okay with it if she is. I know how sexy my wife is, we could show 'er off."

Akaryuterra says, "That is not true, you would not like it at all. We both know that."

Akaryuterra frowns, clearly annoyed at the glib retort.

Teani tilts her head up, grinning at Akaryuterra's comment. "How could I not get a kick out of this?" she responds, then leans back, inspecting her work. "Alright guys, you can relax now. Just a few small things left to do." She does not look up to see if he comply, but instead continues making those small additions to finalize her work. Once she is satisfied, she puts her brushes away and smiles. "There. All done, if you care to come have a look." She rests it in her lap as she brings out a piece of cloth to wipe her hands free of residual ink.

Akaryuterra's brow ridges pop up, showing obvious interest. They put the stick to rest on the table and get to their feet. "I would l-sure-to-could have a look." the two of them attempt to respond, tripping over one another's attempts to speak. Ryotega shakes their head and sighs. They pad over to where you sits with a subtle saunter. The end of the cigar glows to life. Walking around to your side, they tilt their head and glance down at the painting, their eyes scanning over the various rendered details and features.

"I think I managed to get everything the way you intended, yeah?" Teani asks, glancing up over her shoulder at Akaryuterra once he steps around her to look.

Akaryuterra gives a nod, his expression clearly showing he is impressed, "Mm." "Damn fine work, Teani." Ryotega responds.

Akaryuterra says, "You got a talent there, fer gettin' all that down on paper."

Teani smiles, obviously pleased with the praise. "Thank you, Commissars. I do like to draw." She puts the painting away to dry without being disturbed and reaches for her folder to pull out a few other portraits. "Now then... here's the one on Xenia, covering herself up with booze. And then there's Kelliara. See? She actually looks kind of relaxed!"

Akaryuterra wanders over to collect his belongings from the ground near the table. Once he has collected them, he returns to look. "Well, I guess I ate my words there, eh? She does look pretty good there." Looking to you, Ryotega asks with a grin, "So did she drink it after the paintin' was over?"

"Yes, she did. You know Xenia, she can't keep away from booze." Teani returns the grin, then puts the paintings away with a fond smile. "Besides, I had to pay for them. Jedrick wouldn't let her have any before she'd paid her tab." She pulls out two more and holds them up. "And here we have Ishin and Olethea, the more... lewd images of the bunch." she tosses Akaryuterra a wry smile.

"That ain't lewd. Psh." Ryotega responds, giving a wave of his hand as he tilts his head back and exhales upward. Akaryuterra says, "Those look very good. The poses are well suited. I have tried some drawing, but it has not turned out so well. Smoke is difficult to draw."

Akaryuterra's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Akaryuterra says, "Well, I guess that concludes the paintin', yeah?"

Akaryuterra walks over to grab each of the hanging lanterns, blowing the flames out as he lowers them to his side. Under his other arm, the jacket, shirt, and tie are crumpled together.

Teani nods her head. "Yeah, you have to be very light at hand when doing that or it will look sloppy." she explains. "Oh yeah, we're all done! Thanks for getting extra light for this. It turned out fantastic thanks to them."

You say, "And on behalf of Spinesreach in general, thank you for standing up for portraits!"

Akaryuterra shrugs. "Like I said, I got a kick outta it."

Akaryuterra says, "Thanks, Teani."

Akaryuterra offers his hand, carefully maintaining his underarm grip on the clothing.

Teani takes the offered hand, shaking it firmly. "My pleasure."

Akaryuterra says, "I'mma haul these home and get ta some work."

Akaryuterra hefts the lamps in his other hand and turns for the door. "Tell ya what, fuck Spirean climate, even in the summer."

Akaryuterra leaves to the west.

Teani chuckles lightly, watching Akaryuterra leave. With a shake of her head, Teani picks up her things, tucking them away into her satchel before walking over to the drink that was left behind. She picks it up and carries it over to the bar. "Thanks, Henderson, but I don't think this was needed after all."

And, of course, the ascii!
    http://hastebin.com/isetubiliz.vhdl

ArekaAkaryuterraXeniaVash
    Things have been rolling pretty fast the last few days. Here's the next one with @Tina!

(Tells): You tell Tina, "Would you care to have your portrait made?"

(Tells): Her voice sharp-edged and frosty, Tina whispers to you, "I suppose I can spare a bit of time for that. Best to get it out of the way."

(Tells): You tell Tina, "Ah, excellent. Do you have a good location in mind as a setting?"

(Tells): Her voice sharp-edged and frosty, Tina whispers to you, "If I picked one, it would be decidedly Chakrasulian, especially with the month in mind, and probably less city themed."

(Tells): You tell Tina, "Don't we have a shrine for the Dark Lady in the city then?"

(Tells): Her voice sharp-edged and frosty, Tina whispers to you, "There is. We have one in the beast pits, and one in the Godspire. The place I had in mind was on an altar, but it wasn't within the city."

(Tells): You tell Tina, "I think that should do anyway. I mean, it should be something that suits you. You are Spirean enough to make that count."

(Tells): Her voice sharp-edged and frosty, Tina whispers to you, "Alright then."

Tina points to the man-sized platform with a cobra poised above it, saying, "That's where I had in mind."

A dark sanctum within the great statue.
    A small circular sanctum has been hollowed out below and within the massive statue. Darkness reigns here, and a strange musky smell hangs heavily in the air. The cold obsidian floor has been eroded by the passage of time, and the stone walls of the chamber bear no decoration. The only indication that this place is one of sanctity is a large platform that rises at its center, wide enough to hold a large man on its surface. Above the platform looms a steel sculpture of an exquisite cobra, its sharp fangs hovering at the head of the platform. Every once in a while, a drop of ruby blood will fall from the cobra's fangs on the stone. At other times, a venomous drop will instead fall from the fangs, hissing as it evaporates on the cool stone of the platform. A lattice of glowing emerald crystal hums and echoes here. A spiral shrine with an altar is here, shrouded in coalescing jade flames. A towering jade golem rests here, radiating amethyst light. A massive sandstorm threatens to choke out the life in this area.

Teani ponders the stage, nodding her head slowly. "That's good. Very good!" Turning to Tina, she purses her lips. "Do you wish to pose in your Earthen form?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

Tina puts her hands on her hips and goes, "Hmmm!"

Tina says, "I'm not sure what people like these days, but I imagine the normal form would be more universal." Tina kneels down and closes her eyes. You watch in amazement as her earthen flesh begins to flow into the ground. Within moments Tina stands, her body released from its earthen form.

Tina says, "I had an idea for this as well, formed by the month's name."

Tina
    She is an undead powerful Azudim and is slightly muscled, having a mostly sleek form. With modest curves, she stands at 5' 6", and her skin is pitch black. She has a white tattoo on most of the exposed skin you can see, in the shape of a full sized skeleton overlaying her skin, the white on black contrasting sharply. Her eyes stand out, a striking pure blue, with tiny slivers of green shooting through the irises. The pupils are solid silver. Her hands are tipped with shortly filed, dark green nails. You see white hair with red roots and blue tips cascading down her head to her shoulders in tightly bound braids. Upon closer inspection, it can seen her hair is really thousands of very tiny, soft, downy feathers braided together. The quills have been forced into her scalp, and the red roots are a result of her blood staining the lower layers of feathers. Bone growths break through her skin in sharp points at all her joints, the pearly white a stark contrast to her obsidian skin. A jade handprint is burned into both her cheeks. She walks with the blessing of Chakrasul.

Tina walks behind the platform, stripping off clothes rapidly as she goes, till she has removed everything she was wearing, before bending over and digging for something at the base of the altar.

Teani nods her head, watching as the transformation takes place. "What idea?" she asks, blinking a little in surprise as she notices the unusual 'hair'. As Tina begins removing her clothes, she starts picking up her materials, making sure to have them close by.

Tina eventually pulls out a gown that seems to be made of duskycloak butterflies, holding it up next to her so the wings seem to flutter. Fluttering in sync to an unheard rhythm, the beating, translucent wings of tiny, duskywing butterflies rises to a magnificent crescendo as Tina slips herself into the finely tailored gown of this vitiated Chakrasul costume.

Teani can stop herself from gaping at the amazing gown. "Wow, that is incredible." she murmurs in awe. "They're actually moving!"

Tina climbs up and lays down on the platform, propping herself up on one arm, and twisting her chest so it's facing you, while keeping her legs stretched out perpendicular to you. She carefully arranges the butterfly gown to be held against her chest with one arm, and drapes it between her legs, covering the essentials and offering some illusion of modesty, without actually wearing anything.

Tina asks, "Would this be suitable?"

Teani nods her head appreciatively. "Very much so." She immediately settles down and starts sketching, beginning with the base lines. "That head of the cobra will look perfect above you." she comments conversationally. Her hands work swiftly, but surely over the canvas, which seems to be made of some form of treated skin.

Tina stays still as you work, easy since she doesn't even need to breathe.

Tina says, "I'd like to think so. Chakrasulian themes fit me and the month of Chakros."

Teani glances up at Tina, holding that pose perfectly, and nods her head. "It'll be fantastic. I really like that everyone is bringing their own style to these portraits. It makes it so much more fun for me as an artist." She smiles, continuing her work of affixing Tina's form to the canvas, starting with the general shadows before adding more color.

Tina's eyes track one of the wings moving on the gown as she casually mentions, "So I'm surprised it took this long for someone to try this project. Many people seemed to want to see the subjects naked, or near enough."

Teani's lips twitch, shaking her head. "Perhaps that's why they never got anywhere with it?" she suggests, shifting to a different brush. "Some people are not comfortable like that. Others are too comfortable." She smiles wryly. "I've actually managed to get consent from everyone now and already painted six people. That's more progress than was made by my two predecessors."

Tina says, "I think the lasts didn't even get the names together, so I'd say so."

Teani nods sagely. "Well, it's underway now." she says, bending down closer to the portrait, eyes darting between the scene in front of her and the picture as she starts adding the details. "I think it will be amazing once it is done."

Tina's eyes more to regard you as you work saying, "The better it is, the more we sell, the better the city does. So it would be nice if everyone finds it amazing."

Teani frowns in concentration as she does her best to capture the flighty duskwings in the portrait. Eventually she leans back, looking up at Tina once more before nodding to herself. "Feel free to relax. I can add the final details without you sitting still." she says, carefully starting to make some touch-ups here and there.

Tina moves to sit up on the platform, legs dangling over the edge, as she settles into a more comfortable position.

After a while, Teani pulls the brush away, smiling at the restult. "Ah, there we go! All done! You can come have a look if you want." She starts cleaning the brush on a piece of cloth while admiring her work.

Tina lays the gown down on the platform next to her before walking over to see what you've been working on.

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day. It is now the 16th of Midsummer, year 442 of the Midnight Age.

Tina nods her head saying, "It looks good. We'll have to talk about that other project I had for you when you have a moment."

Teani nods, looking up at Tina. "We could talk about it now, if you like?"

Tina says, "Well, for a while I've been trying to create a drawing for scrolls and the like. But the only way I can get it looking like how I want, it always winds up far bigger than such a thing can be. I haven't had much luck trying to scale it down."

Tina says, "What I've been trying to draw is a thirteen-pointed star. I'm sure you can see why that's difficult to make it comprehensible yet small."

Teani nods her head, carefully tucking away her things as well as putting the portrait aside to dry for a while. "Ah, yes, but I could certainly give it a try."

Tina says, "If you have some spare time, and wanna take a crack at it, I'd appreciate it. And if you can make one that works, I'm sure we can pay you for the time."

You nod your head at Tina.

Tina goes back to the platform, packing away the gown, and picking up her discarded clothes, beginning to put them back on.

Teani pulls out a small notebook and makes a quick notation of the request. "I'll let you know as soon as I am done, yes?"

Tina looks over her shoulder at you saying, "sounds like a plan."

Tina asks, "Well, do you need a lift back to the city then?"

Teani picks up the finished and now dry portrait from next to her, carefully tucking it inside a leather folder. "Thanks, but I should be fine. Also, thank you for standing up for a portrait. It is appreciated."

Tina says, "No problem, I don't run from public service. And I don't know why anyone is ashamed of their body."

You say, "Well, for some it's more private, but I've made sure to let everyone know they can be as much or little dressed as they like."

Tina nods her head emphatically.

Tina says, "Yeah, but I bet those shy people will be the ones who buy the most of these calendars."

You grin mischievously at Tina.

You say, "Probably."

Tina's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You say, "I'd better get to work on that star of yours, now that I have some time to spare."

You incline your head politely to Tina.

Tina says, "Well, this was fun. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to stop the chair from starting a war."

Tina doffs a ridged bone helm cordially.

And accompanying ascii:
    http://hastebin.com/ofiyiqofok.vbs

:smiley:

VolkaHavenVash
  • I cannot find an 'Awesomely amazing' option.. so I will say it here!

d(^.^)b

Xenia[Deleted User]VolkaVash
    And here's Conduit @Eleanor! Fantastic RP, as always!

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "So! Plans for this month?"

(Cabalists): You say, "At the moment, none, but that can change!"

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "How many of those paintings have you gotten through?"

(Cabalists): You say, "Seven done. Oh! Would you have time for yours?"

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "Oh, er. Hmm."

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "I... I suppose so."

(Cabalists): Eleanor says, "We were- ah, the library, right?"

(Cabalists): You say, "Right, with your favorite... er, one of your favorite books."

You smile at Eleanor.

Eleanor pads carefully down the stairway, looking furtively upward. "I think he could -sense- my stockings," she confides, grimacing.

Teani grins towards the retreating stairs. "Don't worry about it, Conduit. I doubt he's going to come down here to have a look." Glancing about herself, she asks, "Which room do you prefer?"

Eleanor points toward the stacks. "Well, I had thought that the heart of this one would be the place. What with the cushions and all."

A secret library.
    Somewhere between a packrat's den and a scholar's fantasy, this large and expansive library is indeed worthy of a Guild of knowledge-seekers. Like a maze of knowledge, the library is filled with bookcase after bookcase constructed of rich, dark stained oak. Each case is custom-made, with wide shelves in the center holding various tomes while a lattice-like array of crevices along the sides stores numerous scrolls. Even the catacomb-shaped walls themselves serve as massive bookshelves, with volumes spanning from floor to ceiling everywhere except for a meager spiral staircase in one corner, which oddly enough extends halfway up to the ceiling and then end abruptly. Several small, ancient-looking ladders serve as the only way to access many of the higher books. Personal areas consisting of tables, deeply padded chairs, and stands laden with magical globes of light have been set up around the room. Each shining globe is an eternally burning light source that can be dimmed or brightened at will, for no candles would dare grace this sacred hall of knowledge. At the very heart of the labyrinth is a large sunken area filled with soft pillows, open and warm and comforting to the weary of mind and soul. Dotted throughout the maze of shelves are small nooks and crannies holding various items. Jars and bowls, statues and artifacts, objects of all shapes and sizes litter the library in an organized chaos that dazzles even the most knowing of minds. Here, Cabalists tired of the outside world can come and find their inner peace, formulate their plans, and research the vast wisdom of the realms. A round mosaic formed of white, azure, and black adorns the wall near the stairway. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Eleanor is here. A small sign indicates that LIBRARY CATALOG will list the materials in this library.

Eleanor peels off her gloves, looking sideways at you. "The boys gave me very detailed instructions, I'll have you know. 'be sexy', and 'show cleavage'. So there you go."

"Excellent choice." As Teani starts to move towards the sunken area, she begins picking up her things from the satchel at her side. "Oh, both of them?" she asks over her shoulder, a small grin on her lips.

Eleanor shrugs out of her coat as she makes her way toward the intended site of the painting. "...Well... it was probably just Ryotega, there wasn't enough mathematics involved for Akary to have been making suggestions." She reaches the edge of the pit, now, and begins setting her things down in a heap. Before long, the uniform top is unbuttoned as well. "I won't particularly know what I'm doing," she warns.

Teani chuckles, nodding her head. "It was quite amusing making their portrait." she comments, setting down her things at the edge. "At times I almost felt sorry for Akary." She looks up at Eleanor, then down into the pit of pillows, pursing her lips. "Well, the lighting in here means just about any angle should do, and don't worry, Conduit. All you really have to do is to lie down with the book in front of you. Not too high up, apparently. Wouldn't want to disappoint the boys."

Eleanor drops the last of her outerwear and exhales slowly. She's certainly not the worst for the late-middle-age body she inhabits, and those are backseam stockings. You might be able to pull something appealing out of her reubenesque stature, at least. "I've got a robe," she adds. "A silky thing I had." She digs in her kitbag, retrieving that and a hefty copy of Systemic Theophysics: Revised Edition.

Eleanor
    She is a wise Idreth with a stocky, broad-hipped and well-padded build. She seems an earthy, no-nonsense individual, with narrow brown eyes that hold a calculating glint. Her face is round with soft features, a small nose and an expressive mouth. Her hair is fully longer than she is tall, and has been collected back into a tight braid and pinned up out of the way in a few loops at the back of her head. Her fingernails seem unusually thick and clawlike, with a bluish tint toward the root and a pointed tip. Furthering the reptilian appearance of her hands, her arms are sheathed from fingertip to shoulder in glossy greenish-blue scales.

(on the left hand) : a silver wedding ring, inlaid with dark opal
    (clinging to her legs) : a slinky pair of back-seam stockings
    (cupping her chest magnificently) : a gilt-edged burgundy bra
    (shamelessly on display) : gold-embroidered burgundy panties
    (glimmering softly) : elegant silver-edged garters
    (covering the body) : a silky purple robe

Teani nods appreciatively as Eleanor turns to retrieve the robe. "See now, that looks very nice." comes the comment as the robe is slipped over her shoulders. She gestures towards the pillows. "Make yourself comfortable and I'll make sure I sit down for a good angle." Pulling out a nice sheet of vellum of a soft creamy color and a board to rest it against, makes sure all her ink vials are close by.

Eleanor lowers herself carefully down into the pit, clearly aware that the cushiony strata sinks somewhat. She flollops and rolls herself into something of a comfortable position, making a face as she wrestles with the robe. "Gnngh. If the old man comes downstairs he may throw me out of the Cabal himself for this." She stretches out to retrieve her book and a large quill that she'd set down near it. "Okay, er..."

On seven of the flagstones that make up the ceiling of the library, the symbols of seven numbers begin to glow softly, centered around an eighth symbol that darkens as if being burned into the stone.

With a soft rumbling, the seven shining flagstones grind against each other, shifting and rearranging themselves into seven steps of a spiraling staircase which descend to connect to the lower half of the stairs.

The uppermost seven steps of the spiral staircase rise with a surprisingly quiet grinding noise, shining still but taking their places seamlessly among the stones of the ceiling.

The eight glowing numerals on the ceiling fade back into invisibility.

Eleanor creases her brow in a frown.

Eleanor says, "Did you hear the...?"

Akaryuterra arrives from the up.

"Just tug a little bit on the robe there." Teani instructs, pointing towards the thigh. " Just..." she stops herself and glances towards the stairs. "Um... Oh! It's just the boys." she says, waving a hand before returning to Eleanor. "Alright, now lean to the side and hold the book up in front of you. About here." She holds her vellum up, quite low, as to indicate where to cover up.

Akaryuterra wanders down the stair case and pads among the shelves of the library, appearing between two shelves. He is attempting to be as unintrusive as possible, but given the staircase it's difficult to maintain stealth of any sort. He does appear at the end of one of the shelves, and leans casually against it.

Akaryuterra's lips pull up into a grin as he watches watches from the sidelines. "Don't mind me."

Eleanor makes an uncomfortable sort of squeaking noise, shifting the robe down her shoulders so it pools about her elbows. She looks up, blinks, and lays eyes on Akaryuterra. "Oh. Glad you could join us," she comments. Well, she's getting toward a more appealing posture, lounging on her side now with the hefty tome in front of her. She leans forward a little, her cleavage pooling somewhat on the pages. There is rather a lot of it, granted. She rests the quill's tip against her lips. "This is going to be such an awkward painting."

Teani shoots a grin at Akaryuterra before she settles down next to the pit right in front of Eleanor. "Oh psh... Not at all. You look fantastic." she says, one of the broader brushes starting to add color to the page, slightly outlining the different pillows and her general shape. "But perhaps we should not hang it up in the guildhall so the old man can see it, hm?" Her lips quirk up in the corners as she gets a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Eleanor grimaces, showing razored teeth before returning to something approximating a pouty, alluring expression. Her eyes track to Akaryuterra, and there's a pause, but then something sort of relaxes in her posture, some of the awkwardness dissolving into a more natural line. "Conniptions," is her comment. "Conniptions for days." She shakes her head, slightly. "We won't even go into the fact that you're intending to inflict this on everyone in the city. That's all they need, an old lady in her smallclothes."

Teani works expertly with the brushes, switching between them as the need arises. "They'll love it." she comments with a wide smile. "It's different, it's people who are part of this city, and it's a benefit thing for the entire city." Her eyes flit up to the scene before her as she starts taking in the details, outlining the shadows. "Ah, and now you seem so much more relaxed too."

Eleanor inhales slowly, and then exhales again, working a little more of the stiffness out of her posture. Alright, she is lounging comfortably now, and with the moody lighting and the background of books, conveniently in nonchalant stacks here and there about the circumference of the pit, it is turning out to be quite the scene indeed. "Well. At least I know two people who'll appreciate the thing." Her eyes flit toward the end of the stacks where the large, pin-striped figure looms.

"We appreciate ya any time'a day'r night. Y'know though, y'could try raisin up a shoulder." Akaryuterra gestures to Eleanor's leading shoulder.

Eleanor seems to consider, but then shifts a little. "Like this?" She glances down briefly, frowning, but hurriedly returns to the pose she'd been in. "I should have unpinned my hair."

Akaryuterra gives a nod, "Yeah. I dunno, it looks more...shy, y'know?"

Teani briefly turns her head to look at Akaryuterra over her shoulder. "You think?" she asks, and as she looks back at Eleanor again, she considers the shift in position. "Hrm." A smile plays across her lips as she nods. "Oh, that would make it more interesting. And feel free to brush the hair back. Carefully though, and then raise the shoulder a little."

You say, "And let the hair out, yes, but perhaps behind the shoulder on one side?"

Eleanor sets her quill down. "Shy!" she remarks. "As if anyone would believe that." Still, she extracts a number of long silver pins from the knot that had been holding her braid at the back of her head and it slithers, snakelike, down in a loop over one shoulder. There's enough of it that it could probably drape artfully over her in a handful of places and still not run out of length. "Oh I... don't know what I'm doing. Good grief!" She pinches and prods at her braid, the robe, the book. A strap of her bustier slides down her upper arm, but she neglects to fix it. Actually, the somewhat rumpled fluster she's getting into is somehow much more natural than the contrived sultry pose from earlier.

Teani tries her best to hold back a wide grin as Eleanor arranges herself again. "Actually, could you let out the braid? I think a few locks of it falling out of it would make it quite stunning." With a quick glance at Akaryuterra, she adds, "Some hidden wildness to that shy nature?" She goes back to the painting, but focuses on getting the position of the legs and the book right while the discussed area is arranged properly.

Eleanor frowns. "Let out the-" She eyes the snakish braid. "I'm going to have to cheat, or it will take me all month." True enough, it would probably take several minutes of working to unravel such a lengthy braid. She rolls a little, picking it up with one hand, and her brows draw together in concentration. Something goes utterly strange in the air, like a light feeling in the pit of your stomach, as if everything is suddenly buoyant. The sensation lurches oddly, and in the midst of it the tightly-wrapped braid unravels in a hands-free reversal of how it must have come together initially. Now there's wavy loops and locks of it everywhere, and if the setting was aquatic she'd surely resemble some kind of sea monster, with tendrils abounding.

Akaryuterra gives a nod. Instead of standing, he decides to have a seat, lowering himself closer to Eleanor's level. Tilting his head to the side, he considers the visage of his wife. "Yeah." Nodding, he looks to you, "I think that'll look good."

Teani pauses with her brush for the short duration the braid comes out, looking at Eleanor, then chuckles. "Just make sure it settles down somewhere, hm?"

Eleanor gets approximately back into the posture she had been, though she is now artfully draped in errant locks of hair. And so are the cushions. And some of the flagstones at the edge of the pit. And her book, though she flicks the hair off that and replaces it with her cleavage again. "This poor old copy of Systemic Theophysics," she comments. "Though... perhaps the book will see some popularity after this."

Akaryuterra says, "Maybe more people'll come ta the break fer a game."

Akaryuterra looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"People will most definitely have their attention drawn to its vicinity." Teani comments with a neutral expression, carefully adding the sweeps of hair to the portrait, then moves on to the face and Eleanor's features. She works with a sure hand, the image slowly turning into a complete one.

Eleanor pulls a face, but then schools it back for the pose. "I'd ask what you mean," she begins, "But perhaps I don't want to know." She rubs the quill against her lower lip, somewhat thoughtfully. "But they're all going well? The other portraits, I mean."

Teani keeps her expression neutral and innocent as she looks up at Eleanor. "I mean that the book is artfully positioned as a prominent feature of the portrait. A very... tasteful addition." she explains. The corner of her mouth twitches from a barely withheld smile and she quickly ducks her head down again to work on her painting. "Yes, they are! Some are a bit more tricky for me to meet up with, but I'm confident that the finished product will be fantastic."

Eleanor seems to think on the idea at length, considering her position and the situation at large. "I could... this isn't so bad," she finally decides. "Not as. Ah. Awkward as I had feared."

After some more work on details, Teani leans back and studies the image in her lap, then glances at Eleanor. Apparently satisfied, she nods and says, "And I believe we are done, so definitely not too bad." She carefully sets the painting away to dry as she starts cleaning her brush. Looking at Akaryuterra, she jerks her head at the painting. "Feel free to come take a look."

Eleanor makes to hop out of the pit, but she's sunk enough that it certainly isn't as easy as just sitting up. She reaches for the edge, misses, and sinks down rather like a stricken hiker in quicksand. "Oof!" She wriggles, and it doesn't help at all. "I- urgh. Hff." She halts, now half-devoured by the pillows. "Well."

Akaryuterra stands up and heads over, stepping behind you to take a quick look at the painting.

Akaryuterra says, "Shit, yeah. Lookin' good."

Akaryuterra nods his head emphatically.

Akaryuterra says, "Agreed."

Teani turns to look at Eleanor, letting out a quick laugh as she notices her predicament. "Need some help there, Conduit?" Her eyes sparkle with unrestrained amusement. "We wouldn't want the important book to get lost in that heap of pillows, would we?"

Eleanor starts. "The book!" She quickly finds it, and raises it up in her hand, waving it in a save-the-book gesture. "Oof- haah, it might be too late for me-!" she jokes, chuckling at her situation.

Teani snickers as she turns to Akaryuterra. "I'm glad you two approve! Now, make yourself useful and save that copy of Systemic Theophysics." she says with a grin, glancing at the half-buried Idreth woman waving the book up high.

"Save the book? What d'ya think she's gonna do, she's a Cabalist. She's not gonna harm it." Akaryuterra points out, snorting out a chuckle.

Teani chuckles at Akaryuterra. "I mean before it disappears in that sea of pillows again."

Eleanor says, "Oh that's great! You're -so- helpful."

Eleanor huffs and squirms.

Akaryuterra makes his way over to the pit and squats down beside Eleanor, offering a strong hand to grab onto.

Eleanor plants the book in the offered hand. First things first, after all.

Akaryuterra takes the book and passes it to his other hand. "Right. Now the wife."

Teani chuckles as Eleanor is pulled free from the pit. "See, it all turned out well in the end!"

Eleanor uses the secure grasp and the edge of the pit to extract herself, somewhat rumpled, finally coming to sit on the edge of the pit. "Right," she says, regaining the composure of her voice at least. Her hair is all over the place and the robe likewise, but she casually adjusts one of her lemniscate-studded garters. "No problem."

Akaryuterra gives a nod, "There. Not so bad, yeah? Dug ya outta the quick-pillow pit'n everythin'."

Akaryuterra offers the book back to the now extracted Conduit.

"My hero," Eleanor jests in a flat tone, though she mimes a swoon all the same, the back of her hand at her forehead.

"Want to see the finished portrait?" Teani asks, picking up the painting from her side.

Akaryuterra looks down to Eleanor, "It's a good one. Turned out good."

Eleanor gets to her feet, a little creakily, and wraps the robe more securely around herself. "Alright, let's see what horrors this parchment holds."

Hurriedly, Eleanor says, "Well-rendered horrors, I'm sure."

Teani hands over the painting with a smile. "I have to say I'm quite pleased with it myself." She keeps her eyes on Eleanor to see her expression.

Eleanor takes the painting in hand, holding it at arm's length to view. Her brows rise, in an expression of genuine surprise, with a chaser of wonder. "This- is me," she says somewhat incredulously.

Teani dips her head down. "It is, yes." She offers a genuine smile at the reaction. "And here you were worried."

Eleanor blinks, slowly, a couple of times. "I think there's some kind of saying about making purses from cow's ears or something that applies to this." She frowns, brows drawing together. "It- er. What I mean to say is, you've done a really impressive job. I- hmm." She seems uncertain of exactly what to say, and eventually opts to instead hand the painting back. "It- yes. That."

Teani takes the painting and slips it into the folder along with the rest of them. "Thanks for standing up for a portrait, Conduit."

Eleanor says, "Well, my, er. My pleasure. Civic duty? One of the two. I'm just going to get back in uniform."

Akaryuterra murmurs to you, "It looks great. She's just shy."

Akaryuterra smirks.

Eleanor makes her way over to her things, hair trailing behind her in its untethered and rather unruly state.

Akaryuterra follow after Eleanor casually, watching her from behind as she walks.

"You do that." Teani responds. "I should leave you to it." She nods to Akaryuterra, adding a smile. "She looks good, that one."

Eleanor steps into her boots. "I foresee awkwardness if Artyom or Nico get a look at this thing," she comments. "I'm pretty sure that'd be like seeing your mother in lingerie for them."

Eleanor is mostly muttering to herself as she gets herself presentable again.

Eleanor says, "Are we good? I think we're good. I'm just going to not make eye contact with Eocik."

Akaryuterra smirks.

Teani nods. "We're good. Want me to slip out and distract him as you leave?"

Eleanor grimaces, but straightens her back and composes her poker face. "No, I can manage this." She seems resolute.

Eleanor makes her way to the exit, though she does hesitate momentarily with her fingers over the mosaic.

Teani nods quickly. "Alright then. Take care for now, and once again... thank you!" She starts gathering her things.

And of course, the ascii!
    http://hastebin.com/ikajumuset.parser3

Moirean
    And our wonderful ChairImp @Moirean!

12:58:28 (Tells): Moirean tells you, "All going well, comrade? Anything you need help with?"
    13:01:23 (Tells): You tell Moirean, "I'm doing fine, thank you! Just finished another portrait for the calendar. It's turning out fantastic!"
    13:01:39 (Tells): Moirean tells you, "Great to hear."
    13:01:44 (Tells): You tell Moirean, "We should perhaps consider doing yours soon too?"
    13:01:59 (Tells): Moirean tells you, "Mmm maybe."
    13:02:53 (Tells): You tell Moirean, "You are most likely far more occupied than I am, so whenever you see me about and have the time, do let me know?"
    13:07:03 (Tells): Moirean tells you, "I guess we should do my drawing."
    13:07:16 (Tells): You tell Moirean, "Now?"
    13:07:47 (Tells): Moirean tells you, "Best to get it out of the way, perhaps."
    13:08:04 (Tells): You tell Moirean, "Might be a good idea, yes. Where would you like to set this up then?"
    13:08:16 (Tells): Moirean tells you, "Well. I was thinking."
    13:08:34 (Tells): Moirean tells you, "And people have some EX-PEC-TA-TIONS."
    13:08:56 (Tells): Moirean tells you, "I think the only choice we can make is....the ball pit. Right?"
    13:09:08 (Tells): You tell Moirean, "This sounds interesting already! I believe it will be fantastic!"

(Tells): Moirean tells you, "You best prism in. It's a bit messy up here."

Chambers of the Chair.
    A comforting feeling of privacy pervades the area. Wood paneled walls lend this office a formal, refined air, the ebony-stained mahogany gleaming in a dark glow beneath constrained orbs of twisting blue energy - clearly some sort of creation crafted by the city's Sciomancers, wrought from air and shadow to cast a cold azure light on the chamber. This rather imposing illumination plays havoc with the natural lines of the room's construction, teasing out shadows to warp and twist perception and channel the eye onwards towards the ornate, glass-topped desk standing at the southern end of the office. Behind this - almost certainly intentionally designed to dramatically backlight the desk's occupant - a floor-to-ceiling window spans the wall, overlooking the city of Spinesreach and the distant Dry Plains in a sweeping view surpassed only by that from the soaring heights of the very Spire-tops themselves. A wide silver cabinet, its door flickering with a blue light, has been built inside the wall above the window. A delicate cabinet hung on a wall displays a collection of Spirean memorabilia. A stately ebonwood armchair is here, padded with leather. A desk carved in a working model of Spinesreach is here, adorned with figurines. Hundreds if not thousands of balls fill the room in various colours, shapes and sizes. A Sciomancer of the Spires stands here, his hands resting on a black voidstaff. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Moirean stands atop a desk here, neck-deep in balls.

As soon as you appear, you find yourself nearly drowning in balls. Bouncing, colorful, stacked chest-high, the balls are insistent and demanding.

Teani immediately slips on a ball, crashing down amongst them with a loud "Whoop!" Spluttering, she attempts to right herself again and once she can see over the balls, she grins at Moirean. "A -bit- messy?" she asks.

"Blame Kelliara," Moirean grunts, eyebrows raising. "So. Yeah. Hey. This is my work now," she declares. "Maybe it'd be a good little picture?"

"It miight be a bit difficult for me to find a good position to paint from." Teani confesses, looking about herself. Her expression turns determined, however and she starts wading closer to the desk. "We'll make it work somehow."

Moirean
    She is a typical Imp vampire and is a slight, slender creature. Small, bat-like wings fan out from her shoulder blades, while a curling tail twists behind her to occasionally twitch in vaguely mischievous movements. A pair of petite horns frames her features, sprouting from her brow to highlight a pair of bright, amber eyes. Auburn hair tumbles around pointed ears in tangled curls, while one arm ends at the elbow, melding with a limb forged from steel and covered in a spiderwebbing network of liquid soulstone. She walks with the boon of Iosyne. She walks with the blessing of Chakrasul.

(hanging from a chain around the neck) : a ring engraved with the Seirath crest
    (worn on a chain around her neck) : a miniature, mischievous wedding band
    (set at a rakish cant) : a pair of Impish horns
    (woven through her hair) : a blood-speckled white rose
    (soulstone grip around the right hand) : a shield of shackled souls
    (covering the body) : lightweight black tactical plate armor
    (sturdy and utilitarian) : a pair of boots
    (molded to the left arm) : a steel arm webbed in living soulstone
    (at the back of the neck) : a black-inked tattoo of a pair of crossed fists
    (tight-fitting) : a black leather corset
    (worn on the back) : a bow of the Hunt

Moirean points assertively at the desk. "A solid spot of land!" she declares, swimming away among the balls. She flashes a broad wink, tail twisting around the balls in a rather conspiratory manner.

Teani glances up at the ceiling then down at the balls. "It would be awesome if I could paint you from above, surrounded by the balls with you splayed out on top of them." She peers at one of the balls near Moirean's tail, half-expecting it to be smacked in her direction, then grins at Moirean. "Best work place ever, right?"

...The backstroke. Moirean's doing the backstroke, amongst the balls. It's takes you a bit to place it, but you do, after a moment.

"Could work," Moirean agrees. "Gotta get you up, and me naked," she assessess.

"Uh huh." Teani pulls herself up on the desk and, finding sure footing, rises up to look down at the 'swimming' Imp. Glancing down at the balls around her, she asks, "Is there a chair or something beneath all this? I could use it to stack it on top of the desk to get more height."

As if in response to the prompt, Moirean begins to shed clothing. "Up, up," she demands, glaring at the ceiling, even as her clothing mysterious begins to go missing. Corset vanishes. Legs are bare. She kicks a barefoot line of toes very prettily.

The balls obscure nearly all of Moirean's body, but just enough remains visible - hips, legs, toes, shoulders - to incite the imagination. She seems to care nothing for that, wriggling about and demanding, "Up, up!" still from her artist.

Teani digs down next to the desk, almost disappearing as she goes in search for a chair. After a while of rummaging around there comes a muffles exclamation and she struggles to pull out something from the depths. "There we go!" With some obvious effort, she manages to set a chair in the midst of the balls and climbs on top. Once there, she looks down on Moirean with a grin, noticing her barely covered body at a slight angle from the height. "Aha! Excellent!" She pulls out a sheet of paper and a board to support it. "All good there?"

(Vetra): Kelliara says, "What news?"
    (Vetra): You say, "You are making my work quite hazardous!"
    (Vetra): Kelliara says, "Oh?"
    (Vetra): You say, "I'm currently balancing on a chair, on top of a desk in a room completely covered in balls trying to paint a portrait and I was told it's your fault."

Moirean fitfully shifts from side to side, giving a broad wink. "I'm fabulous," she declares, boldly and firmly, and eyebrows raised high. One hip twists in, hand shifting to scoop around an armful of balls. Her eyebrows knit together, and she pauses, unmoving for a long span.

(Vetra): Kelliara says, "Aha. This, I must see."
    (Vetra): Toz says, "...hahah, she hasn't cleaned it out yet?"
    (Vetra): You say, "Apparently not! Now... focus..."

"Good, hold still, please." Teani immediately starts sketching out the general outline, now and then freezing and looking down at the slightly shifting balls underneath the chair. With a soft mumble, she narrows her eyes and resumes her work. "This is going to be so colorful." she comments as she goes, grinning at Moirean.

Kelliara looks thoughtful and says, in a feral tongue, "A corset."

Moirean glares over at Kelliara from atop her rather scandelous half-nude ball floation. "SEN-A-TOR!" she whines, tone shrill and piercing.

Teani blinks as Kelliara becomes visible among the many balls. "Doyen, could perhaps have asked the Chairwoman if it was alright to enter? She is in a rather... compromising state at the moment." She gestures down at Moirean from her elevated position.

Kelliara's wolfish features twist into what can only be a pleased smirk, and without much care to the ridiculous amount of colourful balls filling the chambers, she wades (or perhaps swims) through them to where you stands perched. "Tch. It is not as though the entire city will not be viewing this, at any rate. Besides which, I informed you I would be coming. AND the door was left ajar."

Moirean shifts her weight, her body adjusting to the balls scattered about her. One rolls away from her navel, while another nearly exposes her breast. She raises her eyebrows - sadly, or perhaps by intention - the entire result is little different. Everything IMPORTANT remains concealed.

Moirean sticks out her tongue at Kelliara. How rude!

Casually, and quite loudly, Moirean says to Kelliara, "SOMEONE filled my chamber with balls. I figured I should indulge!"

Moirean giggles happily at Kelliara.

"I didn't think you'd -actually- come!" Teani objects, holding her hands out to either side for balance as Kelliara moves through the balls to her side, causing the chair to tremble from the surrounding pressure. "Stand still!" she shouts. "This is not an ideal position to be doing this work." After taking a deep breath, she returns to her work.

Kelliara wryly says to Moirean, in a feral tongue, "Indeed. I see little wrong with indulgence, given the state of things."

Moirean wriggles a little bit, her body sumberging and reappearing among the balls. She gives Kelliara a broad wink, before doing her best to settle down for the painting.

Teani carefully starts mixing some paints on the board next to the paper, then begins applying them. She starts with the center, making sure to capture the right color of Moirean and all the right shadows before adding the obscuring elements.

Moirean shifts, sucking in her cheeks as she twists her hips. She makes a loud coughing noise, clearly attempting to draw your attention towards her.

In a hoarse whisper, Moirean says to Kelliara, "You should tell her how lovely I am."

Moirean waggles her eyebrows at Kelliara suggestively.

Dryly, Kelliara says to you, "Moirean is lovely."

Kelliara nods solemnly towards Moirean.

Kelliara says to Moirean, in a feral tongue, "Done."

Moirean beams broadly, fluttering her eyelashes. She looks fairly ill and toxic, given the spasms.

Still, Moirean returns the broad wink to Kelliara. Girl power. Or. Uhh. Yeah. Whatever.

Teani looks up immediately, raising an eyebrow at Moirean. With a grin, she nods at Kelliara. "Well done in taking orders. You'd make a good Carnifex if you weren't in the Cabal, I'm sure!" Her eyes twinkle as she returns to Moirean. "Now, as for expression. I don't think I can quite capture a waggling brow, but that, um.. coquettish fluttering perhaps?"

"Make me scary," Moirean declares, eying you more seriously. Before, her gaze was skitting, passing - but now, she is firm, rough, stern.

With a snort, Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "Orders. Tch."

Moirean stares implacably at you.

Moirean says to Kelliara, "Dinner."

Kelliara asks Moirean, in a feral tongue, "What about it?"

Teani purses her lips, picking out a smaller brush from the satchel hanging from her side. "Scary.. and a ball bit. Yes, makes sense!" She does her best to hold back a smile, then adds a more musing, "Dangerous love. I like it." She starts working on the more unforgiving look on Moirean's face, giving her eyes a dangerous gleam by adjusting the set of her brows.

Moirean's gaze is sharp, cold, hard - and violent. At your words, she turns, scowling, and lets out a grunt.

Moirean glares over at Kelliara, expression sharp and cold and violent. She says nothing, nothing at all, but merely gives her chin a lift, before standing.

"Yeah, having no trouble capturing the scary now." Teani mumbles, eyes darting between the page and her subject. She quickly moves on to other things, replacing the finer brush with a slightly larger one. From the constant switching between colors, she is obviously working on the sea of balls.

Simply, Moirean says to you, "We're done."

Moirean leaves to the out.

Kelliara tilts her head and listens intently.

Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "Mmm..."

Teani blinks in surprise, brush still held over the painting as Moirean exits abruptly. "I, um... alright?" She looks over to see Kelliara slip out the door as well. "I'll just... finish this from memory then."

Most difficult ascii yet! http://hastebin.com/ejobedicet.pl

Xenia[Deleted User]MoireanVash
    Oh man, I'm so sorry about that. We had just finished a big family dinner for my birthday. There was lots of wine involved. >_<
    Didi
    It's alright, @Moirean! I had a good time anyway! :smiley:

• @Teani, this is one of my favorite threads and I can't, can't wait for this calendar to come out!

SatomiTeaniMoireanVash
  • I'm holding it back as a result of my crappy login patterns :(

So much RP owed to so many people that I've promised, such little time to actually get there.

I'm sorry :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    We'll get to it soon enough, @Aldric! If you do see me around, don't hesitate to grab my attention.

Woho!! Managed to find @Aldric around and caught him for a portrait!

(Tells): You tell Aldric, "Aha!"
    (Tells): You tell Aldric, "Did you receive my message?"
    (Tells): Aldric tells you, "Just woke up, gimme a second or two ta get all coordinated an' whatnot."
    (Tells): Aldric tells you, "Aha, righto. Well, I'm ready if you're ready I s'pose!"
    (Tells): You tell Aldric, "Perfect! You said you wanted to use the Clean Break, right?"
    (Tells): Aldric tells you, "I was gonna use that kitchen of Eleanor's, y'know, just off by the crafting complex."
    (Tells): You tell Aldric, "There already!"

A vast, gleaming kitchen.
    This is an enormous chamber, octagonal in shape, with a pristine white marble floor and a vaulted ceiling overhead. Positioned in the room in two semicircular arrangements are what amounts to a pair of entirely-furnished kitchens, complete with benches, shelves, chests for ice, cooking surfaces and implements, and various other trappings as well. The center of the chamber is dominated by an enormous oven, with a number of openings such that it can be used by multiple cooks at once. Everything is meticulously clean and organised, with an aesthetic of polished chestnut and white marble. Around the edge of the chamber there are tiered rows of seating and at the head of the room a broad and sweeping staircase leads up to what amounts to a stage, framed by decorative carvings which have gilded details of various fruits and vegetables.

Aldric enters from the south, riding a spindly giant spider.

He is an athletic Azudim vampire and is a hulking figure, the bulk of his muscled mass focused upon the upper half of his body in a way that lends the man a wide chest and bulky shoulders. Eyes a nearly piercing, lighter shade of gray are set above a slightly crooked nose that appears to have been broken a time or two. His skin is an ashen gray in hue that seems to compliment the ebon shade of the majority of his hair. Stretching from the front of his head, down the middle, and towards the back of his skull, a rectangular strip of his hair has been left to grow longer than the short hair around it to form a wide mohawk a crimson in color. Stretching from the shorter black hair atop his head, strips of jet-black hair stretch down upon each side of his face to collect upon his chin in such a way that creates the image of a more rugged jawline. Oddly enough, every so often shadowy vein-like impressions swirl into existence upon the man's exposed flesh that slither sinuously about before fading just as abruptly as they appeared. Streaks of crimson blood spatter his face.

Teani smiles brightly at Aldric. "Finally managed to catch you around. What a good month!"

"Y'know, when one'a your hobbies is makin' coffins, sometimes you get too good at it an' make one you could sleep in forever," Aldric admits as he steps into the gleaming kitchen. He makes his way towards the wide counter that occupies the center of the room to lean casually backwards against it. "Figure maybe I should cut back on the sleepin' a bit," he remarks as he rolls his shoulders. "Gettin' me all sorts of locked up."

Teani nods her head slowly, even though her expression speaks to her ignorance as to what sleeping in a coffin is really about. "Oh yeah, stiff muscles and all that. Never good to rest for too long!" She follows Aldric, pulling out a tacked frame of skin, giving him a wide smile. "Found you the perfect canvas." she says, holding it up.

Aldric's eyebrows raise as he eyes up the skin, a wide grin pulling his cheeks upwards at the corners. "Well damn, Jensen does good work," he compliments with a low chuckle. "Figure gettin' one that size must have taken a decent chunk of time, and some solid knife skills," he almost seems to admire as he grabs it at the corner to inspect the edges.

"Yeah, he's an expert on it, so I'm glad I went to him instead of someone else." Teani agrees, trailing a knuckle across the stretched skin. "I already tried one of them for Tina's portrait and it takes a little more ink to get the colors to stick, but it works well. It doesn't crack or anything." Looking about the kitchen, she asks, "So, how did you want to do this? Did you bring all the stuff to pile up around you?"

"Well, I did bring this," Aldric comments with a sudden bout of gusto, as if he'd forgotten. In a flurry of limbs he spins his pack off of his shoulders and leaves it to land upon the countertop behind him with a squishy thud. The flaps are let loose, and like a proud athlete bearing a trophy, he withdraws a severed head that appears almost a touch too freshly-severed. "Figure I could like, lay on the counter sorta an' hold it up above me to catch its blood," he speculates, just before clearing his throat. "I mean. If that's what you think would look good. Figure there's a chef's hat around here I could grab up."

As the head is pulled out of the pack, Teani gags visibly at the freshness of the item, clearly not expecting -that- to come out of there. After a moment to compose herself, she purses her lips, looking between the item in question and Aldric's proud expression. "I uh... I'm not sure, er... that it would speak to the majority of the audience the way it does to you." she attempts diplomatically with a slightly raised eyebrow. "Perhaps if placed on a platter next to you, and then you can hold one of your, hrm, oh! One of your eyeball candies above your mouth instead?"

"That sounds perfect," Aldric comments with a nod of affirmation. As if the burly Azudim hardly needed so much as another nudge, he sets off towards a corner cabinet in a way that clearly shows he's done this a time or two. A metallic clang or two can be heard resounding from within the depths of the cabinet before he erupts with a wide silver platter. "This'll do perfectly," he seems to say more to himself than you as he weaves his way back towards the counter. Grabbing the head by its short, blond hair, he places it atop the platter with another audible squish before attempting to push some of the bangs away from the eyes - or lack thereof.

Teani takes a long deep breath as Aldric moves off to fetch the platter, nodding to herself as she starts picking out her vials of ink and the brushes from within her satchel. "Stretched out on top of the counter, I take it?" she asks while working, only glancing briefly at the head as it is set on the dish, trying to determine if she knows its owner or not. "Oh, and aside from the chef's hat, will you be, um... wearing anything else?" She jerks a finger at the blond head, adding, "Or should we use the head as a way to obscure the view?"

At some point in his search for the cabinet, Aldric appears to have already grabbed the chef's hat, which he settles properly atop his head. "Stretched out, yeah," he slowly comments as he nods towards the countertop. "As for uh, well, the other stuff," he begins, a sheepish grin slipping across his lips. "Don't figure the citizens are quite ready for that in public yet - I'll just be wearin' my pants." His fingers strum curiously upon the steel, lips pursing as he regards you. "Should I be uh, y'know, gettin' to position now?"

A darker color has settled on Teani's cheeks as she awaits the response with perhaps a small bit of anxiety. She seems to visibly relax as it comes, nodding her head at the indicated counter. "Yes please." The faint blush remains in place for some time as the Idreth woman readies herself in front of the scene. She settles down and puts the stretched canvas in her lap, arranging all her materials within easy reach, then looks up at Aldric.

Aldric grabs the undershirt he wears from the bottom, and lifts it up over his head before stepping over to place it on the knob of an adjacent cabinet handle. He almost awkwardly seems to eye the counter up for a moment or two before climbing upon it to lay on his side. The moment, however, his flesh makes contact with the steel, he darts up with a hissed curse of, "Godspit an' shit!" His trademark grin finds itself upon his lips once more as he tenderly rubs at his flesh. "Damn that's cold," he comments before he slowly, almost cautiously lowers himself once more.

Teani quickly stifles a laugh as Aldric darts up from the cold surface, offering him a grin once the hand is dropped from her mouth. As he settles down again, she considers the scene for a moment before rising and adjusting the platter with the head to a better angle. When satisfied, she resumes her seat and looks up at Aldric. "I won't ask you to hold your hand above your head for the whole session. I'll tell you when I get into those details." she explains. "Just find yourself a good and relaxed position for now and I'll work on the settings." With that, she follows up on her words and her hand starts drawing out the general lines on the skin canvas.

"Oh, right, that," Aldric blurts, having evidently forgotten about the pose. Clearly trying to maintain his position as best he can - though not exactly successfully - he slides his pointer and middle fingers into one of the eye sockets of the plated head in front of him. "Eeeh, hold on, almost got it," he comments as he wriggles his fingers about the cavity. Evidently successful, he releases a confident, "Aha!" He pulls his bloodied fingers from the eye socket with a candied eyeball pinched between them. "Thought it'd be funny, what a coincidence you thought'a usin' them," he comments as he quickly licks his fingers clean of the blood.

Teani presses her lips together tightly as she watches Aldric dig around the socket. As the candy is produced, she offers him a very forced smile before returning rather hurriedly to her painting. Her eyes move between the canvas and the surroundings to pick up the proper angles and proportions. "Oh, you messed up the hair of your head there a little." she mentions absently after one of those quick glances. "It fell down to cover the socket. Hrm... try not to move your legs as you correct it though." She dips her brush in some new paint, moving off to work on the lower portion of her subject's body.

Aldric seems to run over your words once in his head before pushing forward into any motion. Almost mechanically he slowly but surely lifts an arm to flip the hair away from the nameless cadaver's eye socket, his legs remaining tersely in place all the while. "Like that?" he asks, though his lips barely move as if for fear of that too being against the protocol.

With a quick glance, Teani nods her head. "Excellent." she says, brush moving with carefully measured strokes over the skin in her lap. She looks up again, taking in the view. "Chopped off head before your own, I think." she comments, moving on to the mentioned object, though sometimes, she seems to add other lines elsewhere, adding more and more depth to the image.

"Alright, I'll just uhh, keep sittin' real still," Aldric comments with a quick nod. This nod seems to catch the Azudim by surprise, and he raises his eyebrows apologetically. "Oops, sorry, right, not moving," he adds with a quick nod of emphasis. An immediate groan follows this, and finally, he chooses to just stay silent.

"Don't worry about it." Teani says without really looking up. "I've captured most of the outlines now, so small movements are alright." With pursed lips, she finally raises her eyes to Aldric again. "Alright, arm up and get that candy dangling!" She offers a genuine smile at this, eyes bright from the apparent joy she seems to be taking from the act of painting. "Just lift the elbow a little more, then angle the wrist... Yes! Like that, now hold!" she smiles, going back to her work, picking up the pace somewhat as to not leave Aldric in this awkward position for too long.

Aldric raises his arm, as instructed, or at least how he interpreted the instructions anyway. The candy eyeball is dangled precariously over his mouth as he adopts a sort of grin, though his elbow appears to be all sorts of awkwardly crooked and off to the side. "Like this?" he attempts to say, though seeing as his mouth is left partly open for the pose, the words end up ultimately escaping his lips in a jumbled up mess.

"Mhm!" Teani responds, still working furiously to capture the right shadows now showing on Aldric's upper body. "Good, good." she murmurs, adding the candy drooping from the fingers. With meticulous attention to detail, she does her best to capture the glossy surface of the eyeball and the right blood-red color on Aldric's fingers, mixing new paint several times as it is soaked up by the skin canvas.

Aldric's attention drifts towards you momentarily, just as a drop of blood plops down from the eyeball to catch him by surprise. This alone almost seems to make him jump, but he casually brushes it off by licking the blood quickly from his lips. "This ain't too bad," he comments as he releases an entertained snort through his nostrils. Another gust of wind follows from the man, though this one is an exhalation aimed to shoo away some of the flies that have started to gather around the head's eye sockets.

Teani smirks a little, eyes moving more quickly between the subject and the canvas as she adds more and more details. Eventually, she seems satisfied with the general look of things and says, "Alright, you can relax now, or eat the prop, if you so wish." Her eyes turn fully to the painting as she starts working mostly from memory, adding smaller details like brightening up highlights or deepening shadows. As a finishing touch, she takes out some silvery ink and adds it to the platter underneath the severed head.

Hardly needing a second to think about it, Aldric drops the eyeball into his mouth with a satisfied crunch. Even from where you sit you can hear the viscous fluids therein sloshing about within his mouth as he chews thoughtfully upon it. "Need to add a bit more sugar next time I think," he comments, the slimy viscera revealed as he opens his mouth to speak. Finally he swallows it down before hopping off of the counter to peek over your shoulder.

His eyebrows lifting in appreciative surprise, Aldric says, "Well hot damn, you're good!"

Teani turns her head to grin at Aldric. "I'm glad you appreciate it! It will make a great addition to the rest of them in the calendar. Not too many left to go now." She leans back and studies the portrait herself. "Yeah, turned out really well." she says with a nod.

Aldric leans in closer to study the painting almost speculatively before glancing down to his own torso. "Huh," he almost blurts out. "Didn't even realize I had a scar there." He traces the scar pensively with a finger before rolling his wide shoulders in a shrug. "Wonder how that happened," he remarks dismissively as he steps back towards the table to collect his shirt. He quickly throws the shirt on up and over his torso before grabbing the severed head once more by the hair to shove it into his pack. "Well that was fun, thanks for lettin' me play along."

Teani smiles at the praise, nodding her head. "It adds a little bit of distinction to your looks." Looking up at Aldric again, she adds, "And thank you for playing! It'll be awesome once it is finished."

"Can't wait to see it!" Aldric remarks as he scoops his pack over his shoulder to step towards the doorway. "Let me know soon's it's all finalized!"

You nod your head at Aldric.

And here's the -very- awesome ascii for that session, including the props!

http://hastebin.com/ihaqoxobaw.pl

AldricIraeVash
    edited March 2015
    Thought maybe I should add a progress report so you can all see how far this project has come! It's not just one portrait for each month, but a few extras as well. All in all there will be 16 portraits!
    Table of contents  - Image done
    Intro/Credits -
    Variach -
    Severin - Image done
    Ios - (ascii complete, no RP yet)
    Arios - Image done
    Chakros - Image done
    Khepary - Image done
    Centerfold - (ascii complete, no RP yet)
    Midsummer - Image done
    Lleian - Image done
    Lanosian - Image done
    Niuran - Image done
    Slyphian - Image done
    Haernos - Image done
    End page -
    All the portraits will have ascii art (because it was so much fun to do!) as well as a describing text to present the full image, including the type of canvas used for each one.

IraeSakylAkaryuterra
    And here is @Aoi's contribution!

(Tells): You tell Aoi, "Hello!"

(Tells): Aoi whispers into your consciousness, "Hello."

(Tells): You tell Aoi, "How are you doing? Are you busy currently?"

The Inner Gate of Spinesreach.

You smile at Volka.

She is a normal Idreth, a tall woman, slender and long of limb, standing just shy of six feet. Pale
    blonde hair frames her face with large, soft curls, reaching midway down her back. Gentle curves
    give her a feminine form, while her bright blue eyes and pink lips add color to her ivory complexion.
    A pair of twisted ivory horns curl around her head from her temples, each ending in a blunted tip
    behind her ears. A long, puckered scar wraps over the top of her right shoulder, from her collar
    bone to her shoulderblade.

You look to Volka with sudden comprehension. "Aha!" you exclaim.

(Tells): Aoi whispers into your consciousness, "I am doing well. I was going over my pose for the calendar. I am not skilled with it."

The corners of Volka's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

(Tells): You tell Aoi, "Don't worry about it. The people are not picked for their expertise in posing! It's my job to make you all look fabulous!"

You say to Volka, "Now that's what I call a working diagram!"

Volka grins broadly, nodding. "I managed to not singe anything off this time!"

Teani measures the tips of the horns by shifting her head from side to side, scrutinizing everything. "I'll be dammed. Perfectly symmetrical."

You grin mischievously at Volka.

(Tells): You tell Aoi, "Where would you like to set things up then?"

(Tells): Aoi whispers into your consciousness, "Do you know the Syssin guildhall entrance?"

(Tells): You tell Aoi, "Hrm... not certain I do, actually. I've tried to be as respectful as possible and stayed as far away from there as I can."

(Tells): Aoi whispers into your consciousness, "Go to the grand hallways, move all west until you come to the entrance of the furthest shop there. Head south until you see Nicai, ignore the rudeness and then move to the southwest. I will be there with an associate."

Teani opens her satchel and starts pulling out a new sheet of vellum. "Sorry, I have to hurry away. Got another portrait to complete!"

A shadowy dead end.
    Nicai, a Syssin novitiate stands guard here.
    Sentry Nicai says, "What are you doing here?"

Sentry Nicai narrows her eyes to thin slits.

You give Sentry Nicai a pained sigh.

You say to Sentry Nicai, "I'm here to do a portrait, so I was invited!"

A shadowy alcove.
    Tucked away from the hallway proper, this section of alcove is absolutely covered in a deep, almost
    palpable, shadow. The damp stones set into the floor give off a dull echo when struck, fading in the
    moist darkness. A black marble pedestal has been knocked over, cracking the bowl that once rested
    upon it. Carivah is here. She wields a brutal, jagged bardiche of the Carnifex in her hands. Aoi is here.

Carivah greets you with a sincere smile.

Aoi turns to you and greets you with a soft smile.

Teani looks about herself as she enters, holding her satchel close. Upon seeing Aoi and Carivah, she smiles. "I explained to Nicai I was invited."

Aoi
    She is a powerful Azudim vampire, large and slender, elevated to an impressive six feet. Her body contains soft pleasing curves with narrow hips and long, fit legs. Her hair is a charcoal black, maintaining solidity despite the smokey, gaseous quality that dusts her shoulders with soot. Her complexion is midnight black, appearing to draw on any shadows around her. Each movement she makes seems to cause her figure to blur as it oozes an inky black aura, only visible from the corner of the eye. Centered in her forehead is a splash of color in the form of an eye, big and blue, showing a faint pupil of the same lustrous color. Two additional almond-shaped eyes rest slanted above a delicate nose, the right a sunken pit of purest black which reflects no visible light. The left, however, contains an eyeball with a violet iris, looking out of place on her face. From her narrow mouth edge vicious fangs unable to be fully contained by her full lips, each ivory white. Her lean arms end in long fingers tipped with blunted black claws, their edges smooth with obvious care. She walks with the blessing of Chakrasul.

"I imagine that sort of guard job can only be taken seriously," Carivah notes, observing the disrepair of the shrine.

"Nicai does not recall me in this form," Aoi gestures to herself with a hand, "So there is still rudeness present. A matter for the future. Ironic that sitting there alerts all to the entrance."

Teani shrugs a shoulder. "Well, I just assume that I won't get into trouble, seeing as I'm on official city business and all." Her lips twitch up in the corners. "The fun kind of business too!"

Carivah snorts, amused. "'City business.'" She grins to match yours. "At this rate, it might just as easily become a Carnifex calendar," she tells you.

Aoi does not join in on the mirth as she approaches the fallen pedestal, "I thought laying down would be fitting," she explains with her back to the other two, "It will give you a freedom to pick the angle you find best."

"I'll let you work," Carivah whispers to you, stepping away and sitting on the ground with her legs crossed.

Teani raises an eyebrow at Carivah. "Five Cabalists, five Syssin, Not sure if Aoi here is a Carnifex to weigh up, otherwise only four Carnifex and one Indorani..."

You say to Aoi, "And if you are a Syssin, which placing yourself at their entrance would make me assume, that means six Syssin."

Aoi glances over her shoulder at you and says, "I am many things. Currently, I am a member of the Carnifex," before lowering herself to the pedestal and sits.

"So, even numbers, aside from one Indorani, and no Sciomancers represented at all, but there are hardly any of those prominent in this city anyway." Teani shrugs a shoulder, then considers Aoi thoughtfully. "I think, with you being of such dark complexion, we need to have you against a light background. Otherwise you might disappear completely. Hrm... or perhaps if we drape you strategically in some light cloth?"

The shrine lies in disarray, unusable by those who would offer up sacrifices to the Gods.

From her place on the ground, Carivah offers a dusky, green and pink rose sari to you. "Will this help?"

Aoi asks you, "Would draping the pedestal itself be easier or me?"

Teani ponders the pedestal and Aoi for a moment, then looks at the offered sari. "Actually, I think it would be nice to show off the pedestal. It has a special meaning, no? It is a shrine of one of our Divine Advisors after all." She nods gratefully at Carivah and walks over to take the piece of clothing. "No need to actually wear it, but just, wrap it around you in some way. Perhaps even wrap some of it around the pedestal too, to make it seem almost like you are part of it?"

Aoi glances back at the pedestal and down at herself before looking to you, "That sounds far easier than I am imagining myself acting," she turns to Carivah, "Would you do the honors of fulfilling that request? Your advice has been good."

"Hm?" Carivah tilts her head, beginning to rise. "What do you need?"

Teani holds the cloth out, peering over its edge as if measuring. Finally having made a decision, she nods her head. "Just make sure that the essentials are covered, and have some of it beneath her to highlight her curves against the background." She hands over the piece to Carivah, then starts picking amongst her things, pulling out vials and brushes.

Aoi begins to sprawl over the pedestal, her body far too large for its girth as her head hangs over the edge, "Hmmm, I think this will work. Carivah, I should be able to move as you cover me, I leave it in your hands to decide how best to do this," she instructs.

"'Essentials,'" Carivah repeats to herself, wrinkling her nose thoughtfully. She moves over to Aoi, wrapping the sari around her waist from beneath her, leaving it loose enough to spill open with uncareful movement. With the sari being designed to fit her own larger frame, it hangs easily around Aoi, allowing her to look smaller in comparison. "This should work," she decides, letting the head-covering section of the sari fall back against the shrine as she pulls a thin layer of the cloth around Aoi's chest. Being only partially wrapped, the half-layer of fabric is sheer enough to be almost transparent. "Opinions?" she asks you.

Teani looks up from settling her things next to the scene, nodding her head. "Looks good. Covering just enough to make it tantalizing, and shows that there are curves underneath, not just darkness." She purses her lips, the directs Aoi. "If you could just bend your legs and raise them, I think it will be perfect, especially with your head tilted down at the end there." She smiles, nodding again. "Playful, I think."

"See, raised legs, told you so," Carivah whispers to Aoi, just loud enough to hear. She makes sure her stomach is visible before nodding to herself and stepping away, sitting back down and removing herself from the conversation.

Following the directions, Aoi lifts her legs up, crossing them somewhat as one bends a bit lower as instructed, "I do not think anyone have ever described me as 'Playful' before, but I will try," she says as she waits further instruction.

Teani smiles, then settles down in front of Aoi. "Don't worry. Most of the people who are part of this project have never done anything like this before, but it has all turned out great." She chooses a brush and starts adding to the background first, only vaguely outlining Aoi's form in the center along with the darkness of the pedestal.

Carivah can't resist asking. "'Most of'?"

Teani smirks. "Yeah, some have been more comfortable than others, is what I mean."

Comprehension flashes across Carivah's face.

Aoi holds incredible still, all but the slow creeping fog of blackish smoke that steadily begins to claim the ground around her head.

Teani seems quite focused on her work, brushes moving carefully across the soft vellum sheet. She has now started on the focal point of the portrait, adding the curves of the sari along with the dark skin. "It's so difficult with shadows on shadows." she comments, pausing for a second to make sure she's gotten one of her lines right.

Carivah says, "Oh, here."

Closing her eyes, Carivah concentrates and a warm light floods through her body.
    Skin beginning to glow, Carivah angles herself forward to shine on Aoi dimly.

Risking the act of speaking, Aoi says, "I used to be silver, then blue, and of course flesh colored," daring a shift of her blue to get a look at you and Carivah, though the blue-in-blue movement is hardly noticeable.

Teani smiles at Carivah. "Ah, thank you so much." She studies the effect this has on the dark woman on top of the pedestal. "Yeah, either of those would have been easier to draw." she chuckles, dipping her brush in some lighter gray ink, adding highlights to the points that are now more illuminated thanks to the added glow.

"Feel free to embellish," Aoi offers softly, "I do not think any would doubt whatever you draw as my form."

Teani nods slowly, moving on to add the soft colors of the sari, getting the fabric to fold just right thanks to added shadows and thin streaks of brightness. After a while, she leans back, taking in the view. She studies Aoi for a while before saying, "Feel free to relax, if you like. I should be able to work out the last details without you being completely frozen." She goes back to her work with the general highlights.

"If she relaxes too much, her legs might wobble," Carivah points out. "Maybe she can stretch her arms for a moment?"

"The thought occurred to me," Aoi begins softly, the fabric covering her opening slightly as she relaxes her muscles, "That it would be possibly easier to do this were I do die and my husk be positioned," taking a pause to draw in more air, "It is too late to suggest that idea now."

Carivah says to Aoi, "Could always drain your soul and put it back later."
    Carivah taps the stone in her neck fondly.

Teani shakes her head. "No, really, it's fine. I have the legs set in position already, just need to get the brightness long the upper side to get the right blend."

Carivah leans to the side, trying to see your drawing. "That doesn't seem as easy as you make it sound," she says to you. Underscoring her point, Carivah's shifting movements change how the light plays against Aoi's curves, shadows flicking around the room.

Teani shifts her head to Carivah as she moves, smirking. "Well, if the light source is constant, it is a bit easier, for sure." Turning her eyes down on the page again, she focuses on finishing the final details, then leans back, pulling out a piece of cloth to wipe her brush on. "There. That should do it."

At once, Aoi lowers her legs and sits upright, ignoring the sari as she stands, "May I see?" she asks softly, walking over to you and stopping in front of you, "I am curious if others see me as I myself."

Teani nods her head, pushing the vellum over to rest evenly on the ground next to her. "Sure, come take a look." She starts picking up her vials with ink and other stuff, putting it in her satchel.

Behind Aoi, Carivah moves to the shrine, retrieving her sari from the ground and folding it neatly.

Aoi takes a moment to adjust her goggles and hat, tilting the brim back to expose her face, "Excellent," she says while crouching down to gaze at the vellum, "Hmmm..." she murmurs as she studies the work, blinking multiple times as she scans over every detail.

"I'm glad you're happy with it." Teani says with a smile, tucking the last of her things away before reaching for the portrait. "It will look great along with the rest of them."

"Any guesses on when it will be ready?" Carivah asks you. "There's at least one person in Bloodloch who wants it."

Aoi follows the movement of the portrait as you collects it and stands when she can no longer see it, "I am pleased to have been part of this project, something that will last for a while."

Teani considers the question carefully. "Well, I have four more portraits to do, and then a special surprise for a new front page. I know I will be doing Jensen's portrait in a few months. Possibly Eugenides as well and if I am lucky, Ferrik will be around for his soon too. That only leaves Grimdale, whom I have some trouble seeing around at the same time as myself."

Carivah says, "He's hard to find sometimes, yes."

You say, "It shouldn't take more than a year to get it all done, I hope."

Carivah cracks her knuckles. "I'll start getting my money ready."

Aoi noting her nudity, she casually begins to dress herself. Once clothed, she crosses her arms about her chest and watches you, "Grimdale wakes, but the time is varied. I will encourage him to remain about more often."

Carivah tilts her head curiously at Aoi. "I could say the same to you, you know."

Aoi spends a moment glancing at Carivah before turning back to you and asking, "How do you intend to paint yourself?"

You say to Aoi, "Just tell him to try to seek me out, alright? We all want this to be finished."

"Oh, mirrors." Teani explains. "I have a tailoring studio with plenty of them, so I plan on making use of that and probably make something in profile."

Carivah's eyes brighten. "You could look into a mirror as you paint yourself, and paint yourself looking into a mirror painting yourself," she offers you with a sage nod.

Teani chuckles, shaking her head. "I already have everything set for it."

Aoi nods her head slowly as understanding dawns, "Interesting, the simpler solution is usually the best," she smiles in your direction, "Once again, I look forward to the outcome of all your work. Do let me know if there is more needed of me."

Teani stands up, closing up her folder. "I definitely will, and thank you so much for standing for a portrait." She smiles at Aoi, then nods her head at Carivah. "And thank you for the light."

Carivah says, "Glad I was useful as something besides a lust-filled customer."

And the Ascii: http://hastebin.com/efokiwokul.parser3

CarivahSatomiXeniaVash
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    I wanted to let you work and carry the scenes like you do so well, but Aoi kept poking me in tells to emote more!
    TeaniVash