Comments

• I made a deviant art!

c:

http://starsentinel.deviantart.com/
    DraimanMarienaEmelleAshmerMoirean
  • That mug is amazing, @Colette.
    MarienaElwynValenaePeriluna
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Are you gonna glaze that? It'd look adorable in super bright and cheerful mode.

ValenaeMariena

• I'm making a thing. This is my silhouette project for Studio Art. We had to pick a picture online and modify it into something personal. I had to move the figures a part, re-sketch them, and create a back drop. I'm going to cut it out and put it on white paper after I fix some issues with some of the lines.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

MarienaMoireanKaleighAryanne
  • Eleanor said:

Are you gonna glaze that? It'd look adorable in super bright and cheerful mode.

I put it in for bisque fire and since it's stoneware glazes don't get too bright generally, so I'm going to under-glaze paint it in pastels then do a clear coat glaze!

I'll post pictures when it's done too
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Stuff for my indoor projects hasnt come in yet and it was too damn cold to work on my boat during my time home :(
  • Just some household objects. Drawn in pen c:

AldricTeaniEmelleXeniaAshmerJensenHavenValenaeKaleigh
    Last summer the rungs on my boat ladder broke, so today I worked in the shop.

MoireanColetteHavenEmelleIshinAryanne
    Varnished the steps and made a removable cross piece to make it rigid. ( it folds up for storage). Decided the cherry steps didn't go well with the mahogany sides so I cut some new ones.

ColetteMarienaHavenEmelleMoireanAryanne

Little varnish high, but I refinished the sides. Still need to sand and put another coat on.
    DraimanTeaniHavenMoirean

Start vs Finish. I may varnish it more when it's warm enough to open windows or work outside.
    TeaniMoireanHavenKaleighEmelleAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Much better after the work you put in, @Jensen!

JensenEmelle
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I painted a thing (space) so let me take you on that journey!

A couple months back, I decided to change my coral-colored room to a more soothing, less eye-searing teal

In progress pic of coral to teal

finished teal

After living with the teal/dark blue-grey combo for about two months, I decided it was just too dark. Made the room vaguely dingy looking it just wasn't what I really liked. So this weekend (starting Saturday morning and finishing up around 6pm Monday) I went about painting that bottom half white.

So. Much. Work. The start:

I decided to also paint the trim around both windows and doors white. They were just wood-colored and I don't think they'd been painted since installed. It took stupid amounts of going over to get them to any decent shade.

And finished - though nothing is put back. I sort of just threw everything off the bed and passed out.

My back doesn't like me at all, but it's so much brighter, cleaner, and just.. pretty. I like it.

NolaColetteMoireanKendriTeaniEmelleAryanne
    The next project: restoring the inflatable boat I use to get to my real boat.

On deck are:
    1)Stripping off old worn hardware, cleaning off their old adhesives, and replacing with new stuff.
    2) Regluing hardware that is still in good shape but is only coming unattached. This is actually harder
    3) Cleaning the inflatable pontoons and prepping for paint
    4) Painting with a special pvc fabric paint that will seal all the pinhole leaks and make it look brand new
    5) Polish up the old woodwork
    6) Buying it a new 2hp 4 stroke honda outboard motor

Love my projects, but I really just can't wait to sail :(

TeaniIshinHaven
  • I profess, I'm not a writer by talent, or ability, but today, while bored, I took up a pencil and started to just put lines to paper, I figured I'd use some loose-sheaf paper and see what would come out of my pencil tip... I admit...it's not as good a what other real artists might draw...but it's at least something that was created from my own hand and pencil, and I'm proud of it for having no talent, nor a steady hand (I literally cannot produce a straight line..at
    all. ) Sorry for crappy quality..I got this pic off of my ipad, because I sent it to an artist friend.

Aryanne
    boxkitty!
    SakylNola

• This came out much better than the version that I tried to draw :3
    SakylAryanne

• this is one of another character I have.

SakylAryanne
  • I mean, I didn't MAKE this like you all make your art/creative stuff/whatever, but Xenia was egging me on and so I ended up doing some Aetolian-themed parodies for songs. NSFW language, read at your own risk.
    Streets of Compton/Streets of Spinesreach (Eleanor, Moirean, Olethea, Ft. Ishin for like 1s)

Shake It Off/Bash It Off, Xenia's theme

R.I.P./L.I.G.H.T. (Jami vs Areka)

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinXeniaDidi

• @Josephine

there you go hun.:)
    AryanneXenia
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    There is an entire thread just for aetolia art things, including those paperdolls, where they'd possibly get a little more appreciation! It's here. http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/100/drawings-of-aetolia

in other news, here's some of what I've been up to.

a mandala for sanity

Lace for an autumn scarf

embossed coke cans for art book covers

a toy for my bird. He was pleased, and drowned it in his water bowl.

this is yarn made from recycled plastic bags, crocheted around rolled-up pages from a gamepro magazine from 2006.

and I've been recycling paintings I didn't like by painting over them with other stuff.

MarienaTeaniXeniaEmelleValenae
    So, I decided I got tired of the "Vine in pieces" I had on my wall and decided to use that canvas to make something new and exciting. A bit more color. I bet this one would look awesome in fiery hues, but red is just not me, so this is what I made instead!

XeniaEmelleNolaHavenKaleighAryanneValenae
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Teani - is that 'grass in pieces'?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    lol, @Ishin. Good one! I'd say it's more "Abstract in pieces" though.

• I don't know how to work a sewing machine, but I was able to throw together a pair of super comfortable harem pants in 2.5 hours. With patterns, pinning with nails and proper measurements, I am sure I can even make the seams straight too!

TeaniAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Pretty cool, either way, @Teani :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    TeaniAryanne