Oorangu the Abbess and a discussion on forgiveness

KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
edited August 2014 in Roleplay Logs
Shortly after Ulangi was destroyed, Kerryn went to speak with Oorangu after she finished burying Kr'tachi's body.

Pagoda of Liberality. (Duiran.)
Sharp eyes alert, a grook hunter paces about impatiently. Oorangu the Wise is here, face smeared with soot. There are 2 watchful grook hunters here. A grook woman stands here, awkwardly clutching a fishing spear. A decorative glass bottle lies here. There are 2 grook children here. Laid out, this quilt of blue and green looks inviting. A frightened Grook scholar is here. A delicate, hand-painted obsidian tea cup lies here. A frightened Grook scholar is here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Its cloth wings spread wide, this dragon doll lies here forgotten. A durable hardwood stool is here. A large blanket of silver fur is spread out here on the ground. Its wings spread wide, this dragon doll lies here forgotten. Neglected, this pink bunny doll lies here unattended. Laid out, this quilt of red and yellow looks inviting. Looking worn, a tattered-looking wolf doll lies here forgotten. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. Almost like ice breaking off from the body, this dragon doll lies here forgotten. A complex Inesse doll has been left here. A growling Minsja doll has been left here. Oorangu the Wise is a tutor you can learn your skills from, view HELP LEARNING for more information.
You see exits leading up and down.

Pressing the open palm of your left hand against the clenched fist of your right, you bow respectfully to Oorangu the Wise.

You say to Oorangu the Wise, "I am sure you saw, is there anything I can do for you and your people?"

His voice desolate, Oorangu the Wise says, "We can never return to our home, can we? The fire was visible even from here."

You have emoted: Kerryn gives a sad shake of her head, "No, I'm afraid not." she says gently. "I had hoped... briefly that we would be able to stop it, but we failed. For that I'm sorry."

Tremulously, Oorangu the Wise says, "I... felt it, the device. There was nothing you could have done. That much power, all stored up - Kr'tachi would never have shown you how to fire it harmlessly. We understand - you preserved Enorian and the lives of my villagers, and for that we are all grateful."

You have emoted: Kerryn bites her lower lip, "I still wish I could have done more. To many lives have been lost." she confesses.

Oorangu the Wise says, "But some survived. I only hope that none of those foul creatures survived the storm - the Horkval can rot in the graveyard they built."

You have emoted: Kerryn slowly sits down before Oorangu, "I understand your anger, you've a right to feel the way you do." she hesitates a moment, "But being angry isn't going to help you or your people. In time, I hope you can move past it and grant them forgiveness. So much..." she gesture to herself, "Hate... isn't good for the soul, it'll eat at you and taint the good you and your people can do. Rise above it, when you're ready."

Harshly, Oorangu the Wise says, "Forgiveness? Forgiveness, for a people that ate our young, destroyed our motherland?"

You have emoted: Kerryn nods to Oorangu, unphased by his anger, "Yes. Forgiveness." she drops her hand in her lap, "What purpose does holding onto the negativity serve, Oorangu?"

Oorangu the Wise rubs at his face, his shoulders slumped and voice hollow. "It will save us from the Horkval."

You have emoted: "I am not urging you to forget what happened. Only to move past the negativity, it will only harm you. You are granting them power over you and yours by clinging to it." Kerryn urges gently, "You are far to wise to allow them to continue to taint your future."

Oorangu the Wise says, "Where are we to go, then, Kerryn? Ulangi is dead - burned away, I am told. Are we to learn to eat dust now?"

You have emoted: Kerryn considers the question, "Where you go from here is up to you, Oorangu." she says quietly, "You and yours are always welcome here, we are not about to let you and your culture fade away." she pauses, "There is a whole world for you to discover, many guilds to learn from. Knowledge is important as you know." she smiles, "The Ascendril would be delighted to teach some of you, they are quite adept at magic. Learn, new teachings and help shape the world for the better."

Quietly, Oorangu the Wise says, "I will speak to my people, then. Many will.. well, they will like to put this behind them."

You have emoted: "As they should. Do not let the sadness and apathy destroy your future. Show your enemy that you're not done fighting, you will not simply fade away. Otherwise, your people died in vain. Don't let that happen, Oorangu." Kerryn says standing slowly, "Should you need me, you have only to call to me or another monk." she pauses, "Your people may leave the monastery if you like, explore the world, see if any place calls to you. We will help you look as well, should you wish it."

Oorangu the Wise offers you a weary bow, bones creaking. "I fear wherever my people go, I will not be able to follow." He admits. "I am old. Ulangi's passing has... cut out my heart." He shakes his head, retaking his seat. "Thank you for your words, Kerryn. I would like to rest a time."

BenedictoJayceSarkis

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Kerryn, always giving folks a place to go who are stuck in between.

Shes like Sentaari Mum. <3
    JayceKaleigh