An Engineers Request...

AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For ScienceSan Diego, CA
edited August 2014 in Roleplay Logs
[BACKSTORY]
[Months back, Teani resonated an idea upon words from Ferrik when Aarbrok posted an Engineering Assignment to the Cabal, Ferrik has taken a small leave of absence and Teani has taken it upon herself to create the item, the fruits of her labors have paid off, after promising feedback from the Council of Yi on a prototype she presented, this is her showing the completed project]

[AARBROK]
He is a stalwart Idreth standing slightly above average height. He is gangly and malnourished, with a frame that seems more fragile than resilient. His flesh is pallid and lifeless, save for the black inky stains that mark the skin like scars. Scales bristle and grow within the staining, predominately through the flesh of his neck and right pectoral, beyond which a large reptilian arm sprouts from his otherwise fleshy exterior. Large chevron plates of thick armored hide accentuate the top side of the arm, and sepia colored scales cover the remaining. A large clawed hand reaches out at the end of the exotic appendage, its palm pitted and ridged with raised flanges of flesh. Midnight-hued locks of hair fall around his face, the bulk tied back behind his head in a ponytail. Two pointed ears stick up curiously through his hair on either side of his head, while his forehead is crowned by twisted horns, one broken viciously in half and the other twisted back over his head. Golden eyes with bestial slitted pupils stand in contrast to the dark rings and shading on his face and cheekbones which show an emaciated profile consumed by restless nights and exhaustion. Protruding from his back are a set of tattered midnight wings, furled and tucked close to his body.

(whirring atop his forehead) : a pair of dark-tinted welding goggles
(secured around the waist) : a versatile, many-strapped obsidian belt
(strapped over the shoulders) : elegant black and silver suspenders
(hanging loosely around his neck) : a ylem-filtering respirator mask
(slung to his side) : a matte-finish grey scabbard
(tucked into the pocket of his trousers) : a silver chain bearing an astrolabe
(tailored well to his body) : a dark, high-collared shirt
(slung over a shoulder) : a numeral-engraved silver lyre
(glowing eerily from its chain) : a claw amulet holding an exquisite gem
(well tailored and fitted) : a pair of ash-grey trousers
(protecting his feet from the elements) : sturdy steel-capped black boots
(claws extending over his hand) : a ylem-infused clawed gauntlet

[TEANI]

She is a powerful Yeleni. Her skin is jet-black, but the outer layers have a translucent quality, giving the impression of her being covered in some form of liquid. Small cracks and spots create a random pattern all over her dark body, revealing some form of inner light shining out like stars on a night sky reflected on still water. In general, her figure is slender, but lithe and well-toned from lots of practice. White-tipped hair, fading to a jet black at the roots, fall from the top of her head down to her waist in uneven stages. Most of it is flying about her head as if touched by a constant wind, or static electricity, giving it a smoke-like appearance. The unruly locks frame an oval-shaped face with a narrow nose and alert blue-green eyes. Her long, lean arms end with fingers tipped with black claws rather than nails, and the same can be seen at the tips of her toes.

(stacked on one finger) : 5 arcane black rings
(dangling from a silver chain) : a silver amulet
(circling the right ringfinger) : a blue coral and obsidian ring
(worn on the hands) : a ylem-binding gauntlet of the Parxian Order
(around the neck) : the Eyes of the Observer
(worn snug and well-fitted) : a fiery-hued silk dress
(worn on the hands) : a Celestine pair of claws of the predator
(around the neck) : a white crystal amulet

[REDACTED - SUPER SECRET RP]

Teani purses her lips, nodding once more. "Oh, of course. I won't speak of it to anyone, but leave it up to you to decide when to act and how." She slips a hand into her pack and pulls out a small metal case. Tapping a claw against it, she looks at you. "I, um... don't suppose you'd care for that demonstration now?"

You have emoted: Aarbrok takes a deep breath, shaking his head, "Better now than never at all.." he admits.

Teani shines up proudly and holds out a metal case containing an intricate device for you to see. The lid has been shifted around to reveal the intricate details inside. "I've infused it and attuned it to buffalo." she says, handing it over. "I think it might be good if you try it out yourself." If possible, her smile widens. "Just... flick that switch you see at the bottom there to set the crystals spinning."

A thin sheet of a blue-tinted, brassy metal alloy creates this oval and slightly curved case. A similar sheet makes out the lid, which can be lifted and rotated to cover the bottom thanks to two hinges at either end of the oval. Inside the case rests a complex construction of metal and crystals, where a spiral and a octahedron crystal hang suspended by a clever contraption, forming the center of the piece. Below the crystals is a small mechanical switch, which if flicked sets the crystals into the necessary spinning needed to activate the device. On the back of the shield-like case covering the device are some very intricate carvings, the most prominent features being the numeral symbols of Ef'tig and Rafic. There is also a very detailed etching of a buffalo in the center of the lid, where small fragments of ylem shard has been used to create the eyes of the beast.

You peer at a metal case containing an intricate device suspiciously.

You have emoted: Aarbrok quietly ponders the case, looking at it intently before considering a small switch upon the contraption, "Very well..." he says adjusting the switch position and holding it out from himself as if it is to detonate abruptly.

The device creates a clicking noise and the crystals begin spinning rapidly, creating a a powerful, resounding vibration.

Spreading out after bouncing off the shield-like case, the sound echoes out around you before vanishing.

An echo of the vibration returns and brings with it an image of a herd of buffalo grazing on a huge grassy plain with a mountain range behind.

You have emoted: Aarbrok manages to hold on to the device and he curiously raises an eyebrow as he looks within the chamber where the crystals have spun, "It......did, by gods it works." he says with an amused cackle.

The crystals slow their spinning and eventually come to a halt, all sounds vanishing completely.

Teani smiles brightly. "So... where's the closest buffalo?" she asks, grinning at you.

You say, "There...is a field with a herd...mountains in the background."

Teani ponders this quietly for a moment. "Oh, must be the Mamashi grasslands then, with the Tareans behind it?"

You nod your head emphatically.

Teani claps her hands together merrily.

Practically bouncing with joy, Evening Sky, Teani Tash'Vetra says to you, "It's great, isn't it?!"

You say, "What...do you intend to call this contraption."

Thoughtfully, Evening Sky, Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Well, the work name for it was Creature Farsighting Device, or Reversed Buffalo Beacon, but... perhaps Locating device is more accurate?"

You ponder the situation.

You give a metal case containing an intricate device to Teani.

You say, "I shall let you figure a proper name, but your engineering project has been a great success."

(GUILDFAVOUR)

Teani flicks around the lid with one smooth motion, causing it to slide from back to front and cover the device within.

You say, "You have earned the recognition for your work, wear it well."

Teani bows her head, holding her precious invention close to her chest. "Thank you, Aarbrok. I'm so glad it actually works. I can't wait to show it to the Conduit, and the Commissar. Oh, not to mention giving it to Ferrik!"

You have emoted: Aarbrok leans against the bench, considering a moment, "You know...I was just going to say, Mister Ferrik is going to flail harder than I perhaps considered he was able to." he says, poorly stifling a chuckle at the thought of the rotund reptilian stammering about in glee, "..the poor buffalo herds will be ran extinct if the Crocodile requires little effort in the hunt."

Opening her hand to look at the case, Evening Sky, Teani Tash'Vetra says, "I added the buffalo to the design as a reminder of what was in my mind when making it, but it works for other creatures too."

Teani chuckles at you.

Evening Sky, Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Well, the question is, maybe if he only uses it from inside Spinesreach, he will bump into problems. The first time I tested it, it showed me a buffalo inside a stable."

You have emoted: Aarbrok raises his reptilian talons to his chin, scratching it idly in thought, "You know, I may have ideas for such a device in the future...purely innocent and wholesome, I assure you." he says, offering an unsettling grin at the prospect, "..yes, quite good."

Evening Sky, Teani Tash'Vetra smiles impishly and says, "The Chairwoman actually holds buffalo in her private stable, I believe."You have emoted: Aarbrok lowers his head, in consideration, "Yes, I believe it is to keep the Senator off the more public bovine....keeps our trade routes strong to not have all them killed off in the public stables when he decides he has a hankering for red meat." shaking his head and pulling himself from the bench, "..we live in a very strange place, Teani."

Teani laughs melodically at you.

Evening Sky, Teani Tash'Vetra says, "But it's home, Aarbrok. No matter how strange it is."

Evening Sky, Teani Tash'Vetra asks, "And what kind of ideas?"

You have emoted: Aarbrok shrugs, "Unimportant and boring, I assure you..." he speaks offhandedly, beckoning as he makes his way to the icy catwalks, "I of course would only do things for the best interests of the Republic." his back not turned and his tone a bit uneasy, "..that being said, do follow me, the catwalks get slick, hate to see you get stuck down here."

Teani falls in behind you as you moves away. "Naturally, that's why you were playing with explosives when I came to see you." she says, keeping her expression neutral with some effort.

You have emoted: Aarbrok makes his way to the rickety catwalk and begins climbing it, "My dear Teani, I hardly -play- with explosives..." he chuckles, as the creaking of the iron chains holding the facility into the mountain rock, offer an unease to each swaying step, "...I know very well the danger within them, I improve them....For Science." and with that he turns his head offering a dangerously sadistic grin. Continuing forward he is silent through the rest of the
climb.

Teani nods her head, giving you a wry smile. "Of course. For science." is all she says. "Well, I should leave you to your tinkering, but if you have any ideas on things I could work with, do let me know. I only... well, only is a strange thing to say about it, but yea... I'm -only- monitoring ley activity throughout the world right now."

You have emoted: Aarbrok grins mischievously as they arrive at the pylon properly, a simplistic nod of his head follows as he makes eye contact one last time, "..continue, your ethics are representing the qualities of a remarkable Cabalist, I had doubts at first, and you have proven me wrong." with his final words he turns his back on you, placing his hand upon the pylon he elicits an effect and forms a crystal from the ylem reserves. A slight grin as he turns and offers it in payment, "..a small trinket."

A brilliant glow envelops the pylon briefly as you solidify its stored energies to carefully draw forth a ylem crystal.

You give a translucent ylem crystal to Teani.

You say, "Thank you."

Evening Sky, Teani Tash'Vetra says, "Thank you."

You have emoted: Aarbrok huffs as he seemingly dismisses you now with a hand, "..I have work to do, if you are expecting more charm...I am sadly low on reserves." he grunts turning back to the pylon and unstrapping the book from his belt-strap to document some notes.

Teani lets out a soft laugh, patting you on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it. I don't expect charm from you, ever. It's nice, yes, but don't worry about me." She shoots you a grin. "Off to work with you."

You mutter, "....t touch me."

Teani grins mischievously at you.
TeaniMoireanTragerAryanne

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    That was so much fun! Thank you, Aarbrok, for allowing me to show off my little invention. :)

Aarbrok
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    The amount of Cabalist RP you've explained to me of late, Aarbrok, frankly makes me drool at all of the sheer potential of, well, doing -anything- one puts their mind to. You guys rocked it, moar plz thx.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Seriously, @Trager, Cabal RP is awesome. It's definitely what's keeping me in the game right now.