Class dispensing again

This discussion was created from comments split from: Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE.

Comments

• I'll bite, @ingram. I don't rage often, so I feel like I can get away with one.

Your comment was off topic and, most likely, intentionally misleading. Not only was I fully prepared to, I -did- accept consequences, via rp and pk, for that 'skill theft'. I suspect those aren't finished, and I'm completely fine with that as well. So, no. False.

The comments you referred to in the 'love' thread were made in reference to being enemied to Spinesreach. And really, it goes deeper than that, because that bothers me about as much as getting up for work and finding out road construction is blocking access to my favorite place to grab coffee on the way. Sure, it's irritating, but ultimately I'm just going to stop at another gas station.

The problem I do have is a person whose attitude is 'lol text game so funny haha' getting a little bit of authority, or at least the ability to actually affect someone else's game, and deciding to pull shit from nowhere. Rashar has an established history of visiting Spines, doesn't cause problems there, and is most certainly not a threat. The issue had been discussed on several occasions with real leaders.

You log on and randomly enemy me, citing 'policy' (and again, making your Syssin skills comment even more absurd). After months of being me being a Herald. After weeks, if not months by now, of me having the skills.. No worries. I can see it for what it is, which is you childishly lashing out, and I get it fixed within a day when a CL with some sense comes around.

Except now, the Syssin throw a fit and I get re-enemied with the ultimatum of 'clear things up with the Syssin first'. Which, frankly, is a bullshit and half-OOC route to take on their part. Half the mud has the class, for one, and they're not all enemied. And not all enemies to the guild are enemies to the city, so who the hell makes that dice roll? Is it a dart board with a bunch of names on it? Way to pull that out IC -years- later. Just, dust it off and throw it out there. Riight.

And of course, Moirean doesn't want to deal with the drama that would be involved in doing the right thing. I don't blame her at all. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with you either. I was told to pay a fine and give the name of the person who gave me the skills. I spend three days attempting just to find out how much the fine -is-, while being ignored and dismissed ( no big deal, RP is RP, it's cool ) and we all know for a fact that as soon as I throw a name out there they're going to deny it, the leadership is going to disregard it, and nothing is going to change. Good job. Great arpees all around. High fives, etc. Meanwhile, this is the RP I get from you:

16) Ingram: "Hey Rashar, I noticed you're still enemied to Spinesreach."
    17) Ingram: "Nah, but right now, the one with the widest shit-eating grin you've ever seen."
    18) Ingram: "Anyways, have a good month."
    19) Ingram: "Happy happy happy, happy as can beeee."
    20) Ingram: "Haaaaaaaappy haaaaaaappy haaaaaappy."

Class. It -is- just a game, and like I said earlier. It is really easy to laugh everything off when there are no consequences you have to acknowledge. You're not going to RP it, and PKing you would accomplish nothing. Probably less than nothing, because then we'd have to listen to you shout for fifteen minutes.

So to conclude, no. I don't think you're a worthless person, really. That was the irritation speaking, and for that I apologize. What you are is a player that isn't worth a single ounce of respect, in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with treating the game like a big joke, and there's nothing wrong with being the mud's jester. There -is- something wrong with being an ass with game changing privileges, though.
  • @Rashar: You were granted a waiver of your automatic enemy status for being a leader of Enorian. Your waiver was revoked because you were an enemy of a Guild of Spinesreach. We don't have our enemies shared with Spinesreach as well as we should, I spoke to Moirean and I am fixing that issue.
  • If I believed for a second that was why Ingram did it, I wouldn't have a care in the world. I think we know better, though.

Besides, I've been an enemy of the Syssin for quite a while now. Excellent timing, there.

There is still the larger issue of being an enemy to a city that you're not actually an -enemy- of, because of the one guild in the game that insists on being ridiculous about their skills. I was told what to do to get that status removed, and when I displayed a willingness to comply everyone I spoke with basically said, "Not my problem," "I'll deal with it when I want to," or else completely ignored it. Which might be well within your prerogative, as a guild or as characters, but now you're eliminating entire avenues of RP for multiple people because you're basically exercising your right to be, quite frankly, asses.

• IngramIngram Alaska
    @Rashar‌
    Before this hubbub, I didn't have an OOC problem with you. My opinion wavered between neutral and "Rashar's fine." You're speaking off an opinion built on limited perspective. Chill out. What Ingram did was because he's an obnoxious ass who doesn't like Rashar since he always acted arrogant and snide when he saw him in Spines. As to just being a general troll with my RP equating to those tells Ingram sent you, I'd refer you to my self-aff. The rest is baseless or biased to the point I'm not going to write a small point-by-point essay response.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Rashar said:

"I'll deal with it when I want to," .

I rage at this. Let me explain why.

I'm not sure why this is wrong of us. I'm sure it frustrates you, but from us, it's quite legit RP and a legit stance. We're working on our timetable here. Not yours.

Honestly, you and I tend to get along pretty good man, but one point that you keep bringing up is that we ignore your RP, which seems to have something to do with you having Syssin class. Which is fine, I honestly don't have a fucking clue what your RP is for having Syssin class. ...nor, at this point, do I really care.

Why don't you care, Ishin? Why it's quite simple, me. Because your RP is trying to trod on the RP of an -entire organization-. So, honestly... fuck your RP man. We have a whole guild to whom this RP stance is central, and has been central to, for a long-ass time now. Since before I quit playing the first time. And yes, while it is true that some people -do- give class away for whatever they're paid in, fuck them to, because they're doing the exact same thing that you're trying to convince us is okay for you to do.

Crap on our RP.

Fuck that.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Ingram
  • I'm not trying to say this is right or wrong, but isn't that the same stance that got people complaining at the Sentaari? The same stance that contributed to the current state of class compatibility? Don't get me wrong, I don't want my guild's class given out all willy-nilly, but let's be honest. Is it hurting your guild at all to have someone outside it using those abilities? For example, someone outside the Ascendril guild isn't hurting our rp much at all. They're not a proper ascendril, they're just a rogue elemancer, etc. Just something to think on.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Rashar, it's not anything you or I did. Certain Syssin are upset that the Sentaari (hi, @Kerryn) didn't take 500 credit bribes for handing out the class and now they're trying to stir the pot, stir up drama, in the hope that if they're forced to hand out the class easier then the Sentaari will be too. Personally, I say just reskin a copy of each guild and put one on each side. It's what Achaea eventually had to do for the two classes for the same reason.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

MoireanAarbrokAngwe
    @Ishin - You were gone for a while bud and during that time, it became perfectly acceptable to bribe the Syssin for class. A lot of us did that, and it was the official guild stance. Something about extort them for all they'll pay. The fact that you guys are now going back and enemying people to the guild, which is causing people to be enemied to Spinesreach in turn, for something that the guild condoned is a bit trollish. But, hey, I'm the guy with the 85 million gold fine to Spinesreach, so enemy me all you want, I dun care.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• IngramIngram Alaska
    edited July 2014
    Wow, Dask.

I've never taken on any other class. Never plan to. And in point of fact, everything that I did or that happened between Rashar and I couldn't have been less motivated by things with the Sentaari. Nor was I instructed to do anything I did by "certain Syssin". Don't make this something it's not.

As for your second post, the failed atrocity that was the Syndicate, which turned the guild into a disaster, got abolished. That's why we're called the Syssin again. They strayed into some mercantile thing and it went awful, we went back to the roots. Policy reverted. It's not trollish, it's RP.

This is what frustrates me so much. Everyone just tosses out opinions and accusations about OOC motivation, withholding class because we're dicks or trying to grab at something.

IT IS ROLEPLAY! God, sorry you're all boo-hooing because we're not handing out class, but it's actually not a sleight against you all personally! It's not born of a vindictive streak. It's because this is the Syssin's roleplay. Crazy, I know.
    edited July 2014
    I'll concede the point there, but I'd wager having guild enemies automatically create city enemies creates a situation where a normally non-threatening enemying (guild) can negatively affect the RP of a player by forcing a city enemying on them.

• IngramIngram Alaska
    Don't care. Also, I edited my response to your second post, btw.
  • Fairly certain Daskalos' comment was aimed at someone else, @ingram.

Fairly certain Rashar didn't bribe anybody for the class.

Fairly certain I mentioned in the very comment you quoted from, @ishin, and the one before it that there wasn't anything inherently wrong with that stance, from an IC perspective. I'm also fairly certain I told you in the conversation we had yesterday, in person, that I respected your stance and the way you RP'd it, because you did RP it. The problem is that stance is having a widespread effect on someone else's RP in an area that it really shouldn't, in my opinion. Your guild RP is your guild RP. If the Luminaries decide tomorrow that they were going to enemy everyone who had ever been Undead, it would be completely unreasonable to expect -Enorian- to also enemy those people for it.

Fairly certain @daskalos is right, and if the roles were reversed you could and -would- be bitching, calling names, and generally raging a lot harder than I am. (Which is not hard at all, to be honest.)

And more importantly:

I'm fairly certain my original post was about being enemied to Spinesreach. Stop making this about your guild, or the justification or lack thereof that you guys have in defending it, your actions, and your stance on giving out class. That is not what this is about.

...@Daskalos, why would I give a shit that Kerryn wouldn't take the relic piece and give me class? I told her OOC, that I completely understood her motivation. I was never angry at her or anything even remotely similar. She can vouch for me on this, if you ask her.

Saying that I'm mad about it and trying to stir the pot is just fucking stupid, really, and it's you trying to denigrate my character. I'm an asshole, man. I know it. Everyone else knows it. I don't need scrub POGs like you trying to make me look like a bitch and talking about stuff you don't know anything about. 'kay? 'kay.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Daskalos said:

I'll concede the point there, but I'd wager having guild enemies automatically create city enemies creates a situation where a normally non-threatening enemying (guild) can negatively affect the RP of a player by forcing a city enemying on them.

That's fine. Only reason I initially enemied him was because I truly just noticed he was a Herald. Doesn't speak to my/Ingram's keeping up with world events, but alas..

Anyways, didn't hear or see a notice about Rashar being special in that regard or having spoke to Moirean. The rest happened beyond me, but I agree fully with Faerah on the point that if we ARE enemying Eno leadership, and Rashar is a special case, it should be nullified since he's enemied a city guild anyways. If he wasn't Eno leadership, then no, I wouldn't keep him enemied.
  • Daskalos said:

@Ishin - You were gone for a while bud and during that time, it became perfectly acceptable to bribe the Syssin for class. A lot of us did that, and it was the official guild stance. Something about extort them for all they'll pay. The fact that you guys are now going back and enemying people to the guild, which is causing people to be enemied to Spinesreach in turn, for something that the guild condoned is a bit trollish.

Was it actually the stance of the syndicate that their members should get others to bride them for the class?
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    @Mephistoles‌
    They just sold it. Wasn't bribing, it was sales. From what I know of it.
    edited July 2014
    Aye. If you wanted class, you paid a member 100 credits. They later went back and enemied people for 'theft of guild skills'.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited July 2014
    Re Spinesreach enemying guild enemies: Actually, that's not what's happening. Because of how terrible Intra was back in the day, I made very certain that Spirean guilds can't force the city to declare someone an enemy without a clear crime. Rashar is being enemied because he's an Enorian herald (our policy in response to Enorian's blanket enemying). If an Enorian leader asks nicely, we usually lift this enemy status, but I can't really do that if he's enemied to the Syssin. It's not quite the same as enemying him because the guild said to.

That being said, I think their jealous and overprotective stance on class is absurd and needs to go. They won't let darkies get the class. They won't even let Spireans in good standing have class. I am the Chairwoman of Spinesreach and the only way I was able to get apprenticed to the class, after being turned down for months, was because they were freaking out about someone ELSE having stolen the class and I capitalized on the drama. This constant theme of having to protect the class has been something the Syssin have dealt with for a long time and I think it forces a paranoid outlook onto them and it's not THEIR fault, in the end. The neutral class thing needs to be redesigned. Let the Syssin focus on themselves, instead of guarding their class (an exercise in futility and one that only makes everyone upset) and let people actually get these classes we supposedly have access to without having to throw out hundreds of credits and earn endless enemy statuses.
    Rivas
  • Daskalos said:

Aye. If you wanted class, you paid a member 100 credits. They later went back and enemied people for 'theft of guild skills'.

If this is going on, it doesn't seem right. I understand enemying someone stealing guild skills, that's fine, but if you change guild policy and then retroactively punish people who followed the old policy it seems a little wrong.
    XavinDaskalos
  • Legitimate query here: who or what is forcing this class secrecy stance on them? Last I heard the admin frown upon excessive hoarding of classes, simply from a business perspective. That is, if people can't get classes, they're not going to buy credits to learn lessons.

• IngramIngram Alaska
    edited July 2014
    Nobody is. We're doing it because it's the roleplay of it, and the roleplay everyone in the guild seems to be inclined towards. I made a reference somewhere to being equatable to the CIA or something. They don't just hand out their bugs and wiretapping junk.

@Mephistoles‌
    I don't believe we did that.
  • ... Except like I said, you pick and choose who you want to enforce that shit on.

And really, tell me that's not at least partially OOC, or at least sometimes used as a way to fuck with someone you don't like? Why aren't the 24908524524 other people with the class actively pursued or enemied or hunted? And I'm not saying they should be, and I'm not saying I don't -want- to be myself, because I -like- that RP and interaction. I'm just saying, you can't pretend to be all up in arms about it and then really just not be.
  • If nobody is, then why is it going on? The admin have stepped in in other instances and said 'you can't withhold class like this'. Sure, the neutral classes could probably use a looking at, but this kind of being tight-lipped about class is bad for the game. Consider - if someone can't get classes, they won't spend money on the game for lessons or artifacts. If they can't get a second class, they won't spend money on multiclass artifacts/more lessons/more artis.

Basically, this is a game. It is legitimately not fun when you aren't able to engage in the sort of gameplay you desire when a group of people are basically saying 'our enjoyment is more important than your experience'. Yes, I get that not everyone can have their way. But classes aren't really intended to be commodities that are as hard to get as it sounds this is being made.

Moirean
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Can't really speak to it. I don't even know if I can enemy people to the guild, I never have, and I haven't checked if I got that priv.

City-wise, I'm trying to remember everyone I've enemied. It's like.. Rashar, Haven for attacking me in the city, someone with a 'K' name who killed me in the city, and I've threatened a few people in an abuse-of-power way for Syssiny stuff, but that was RP'd out and never actually came to enemying.
    Xavin said:

Legitimate query here: who or what is forcing this class secrecy stance on them? Last I heard the admin frown upon excessive hoarding of classes, simply from a business perspective. That is, if people can't get classes, they're not going to buy credits to learn lessons.

To answer you directly, bro, nobody hoardes class. Anyone who does the work to GR3 pretty much gets promoted to GR3. We have this really cool ceremony and everything that we do where we bring them up to full membership. It's kinda like the Sentinels used to do, if memory serves? Nobody is like, held back or anything like that, unless they -really- show their ass.

If we 'hoarde' class at all, it would be from people who 'just want the class'. We've given it out to a couple of people who have asked for it. People who have RP'd, and who like...aren't just like 'hey bro gimmie class pls'. That stance is disrespectful to us, and we are, from what I understand, under NO obligation to give class to people outside of the guild.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited July 2014
    That's fine and all, Ishin, but what's going around is that you guys are denying class to pretty much everyone who asks to pick it up. I can't speak as to what is going on since I haven't experienced it. It's my understanding that the admin pretty much want multiclass to be given fairly freely across the board, with people getting denied rarely. But that's just from memory, really.

Edit: Again, I'm not trying to say what you are doing is right or wrong. Just don't get yourselves in trouble. The last thing I want to see is mobs who act as class dispensaries, and that idea has been tossed around several times in the past over situations where classes are being held tightly.

• The hilarious part is that half that guild has given the class out.

It's all a good ol' boys club, and we know it. There are a few, I'm sure, who stick to their guns and don't. But I bet if the logs were pulled and everyone who ever gave the class out was called out, there'd be a lot of radicals with their fucking feet in their mouth.

• IngramIngram Alaska
    edited July 2014
    @Xavin‌
    Ishin addressed that with the second paragraph. That's most the people who ask. Syssin class is roleplayed as intimate methods and secrets and abilities passed from Severn to his chosen, elite group of people. We should just toss it out to people because they're, what, Spirean? Spinesreach with its absolute absence of standard on who becomes part of it or gets let in. Or Bloodloch, who's relationship with Spines/Syssin is.. less-than-fond?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    They Syssin and Sentaari are in a fairly unfair spot - people from both sides want their class and it is innately a frustrating situation if the only way to get a "neutral" class is through breaking laws and sneaking around. Introduce a quest for the other side to get a reskinned version of monk/Syssin so everyone can focus on more fun things instead of bending over backwards to get class or witch hunts over who gave out class.
    IshinAarbrokIlyonAngwe
  • Spinesreach, with their absolute lack of standard on who becomes part of it or gets let in, except won't unenemy me because the Syssin might cry.

This discussion has been closed.