Welcoming Myself Back!

Hi Everyone,

I just started playing Aetolia a few days ago after being away for over 10 years so I'm basically a newbie again. So much has changed and I feel really lost. My old city is gone, my previous guild (shadowsnakes) has changed quite a bit, and there is a lot of history that I need to catch up on. Instead of trying to pick up my old character and relearn all the skills that he had, I thought it would be much easier to make a new character and learn from the ground up.

So, my new name is Kalinaar and I'm really looking forward to meeting new friends (especially since my old ones appear to be all gone lol) and exploring the mud. If you see me around please feel free to introduce yourself.

-Kalinaar Vindicae
MoireanSolariaStathanOmeiAngroth

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Welcome back! Feel free to ask any questions you have in the newbie section, via the newbie channel in-game (NEWBIE blah blah) or via GNT/CT. We're helpful folks!
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Welcome back! We're glad to have you.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Yeah bro, definitely welcome back. I used to play back when you did, but it was on Resiak back then, instead of Ishin. The game's changed a lot since back in the day, and it's 100% for the better. Even the Soon(tm) is going away, so sometimes it almost feels like a different game.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Agreed! The speedwalking system has spoiled me lol! I remember I use to have a folder on my desktop with all the maps that I had to constantly refer back to. Also, just odds and ends like no longer needing myrrh gum for lessons is kinda nice. Way to go Imms! :)

Btw does anyone have any suggestions for a decent combat system? I tried duckie but I couldn't get it to function correctly. It just made my character continuously eat moss and drink health elixirs when I didn't even need them. I have cmud (and prefer it) but I downloaded mudlet as well.
    Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Duckie is for cMUD. There's a free one on the forums(Earthshaker?) for mudlet. There are two paid ones for mudlet as well, Tripwire and Serenity. Tripwire is nice, it has a lot of little bells and whistles because it's been out for so long. I personally use Serenity, though, since the majority of what I do is pvp and rp, so I don't need a bunch of the little stuff that TW has and Serenity does not.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin