announce 2283 - combat changes, cooldowns whee

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2283
Date: 6/23/2014 at 2:47
To : Everyone
Subj: Combat changes

In preparation for an upcoming liaison round sometime next month, I'm releasing a set of much needed
changes that address a few issues we felt would've been brought up in the liaison round anyway. This
allows you to play with the changes over the next few weeks, and make your liaison reports based
around them.

* There now exists a COOLDOWNS command. Currently not supported by all cooldowns, but everything
mentioned in this post utilizes it.

* You can now QUEUE HERB/PIPE/SALVE , to send a command instantly upon recovering one of those
balances.
- Of course, you undead folk can do QUEUE SLICE/TINCTURE/POULTICE.
- This is a trial run. We may expand on this or change it in the future.

* Fitness now has a 20 second cooldown.

* [Subterfuge - Shrug] now has a 20 second cooldown.

* [Shapeshifting - Shed] now has a 20 second cooldown.

* [Desiccation - Scour] now has a 20 second cooldown.

* Lethargy balance cost increase reduced from 40% to 20%. It will also now triple endurance usage.

* Confusion equilibrium cost increased reduced from 50% to 20%. It will also now triple willpower
usage.

* Chaos Orb now has a 3 minute cooldown on being resummoned. Cooldown starts after it dies.

* Hardened bones effect has been changed. No longer reduces bodypart damage. Instead, grants a 25%
chance to resist a mending limb break, and also reduces HP damage from targetted weapon attacks by
15%.

* Sandstorm Slice can no longer interacts with sandstorm if target is at range, unless the sandstorm
is at max level.

* Elemancy/Sciomancy : Bloodboil/Bloodlech
- These skills will now cure paresis first, before attempt to cure two random afflictions, similar
to how it interacts with paralysis currently.

* Illumination : Cleansing
- Now has a 15 second cooldown.

* Naturalism : Panacea
- Now has 15 second cooldown.
- Cannot be used now if you have paresis.
- Eq cost reduced from 4.0 seconds to 3.0.
- Can now be used outside of forest/overgrowth, but will only cure one aff if used this way.

* Primality : Equivalence
- Cannot be used now if you have paresis.

* Telepathy : Cleanse
- Now has a 15 second cooldown.

* Terramancy : Absorb
- Now blocked by paresis
- Cooldown increased from 10 seconds to 15.

Penned by my hand on the 22nd of Variach, in the year 423 MA.

Comments

• These are fine, but I get myself all excited to see a new announce post...thinking and hoping that it might by our glorious Carni revamp...just to get let down time and time again. I do appreciate the hard work you do put into balance and making things level for everyone though, so kudos.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited June 2014
    Dark Carnifex Juggalo class release, now with magnet hounds.
    Samp
  • Irruel said:

Hardened bones effect has been changed. No longer reduces bodypart damage. Instead, grants a 25% chance to resist a mending limb break, and also reduces HP damage from targetted weapon attacks by 15%.

This is a long time coming. Fighting one on one against a lycan as a limb damage class has always been an absolute nightmare. It was incredibly difficult to make any progress with hardened bones and their hindering.
    Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Does hardening also have this chance when you use kai cripple or WRT?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    Aishia said:

Dark Carnifex Juggalo class release, now with magnet hounds.

SHHH

That kind of talk and we'll get that Dark Carnival/Milenko clan bullshit again.
    Ishin
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    On the bright side, Monks and Daru don't have to pull their hair out when fighting a Lycanthrope. However, Lycan vs Lycan (with this new change to Hardened Bones) will be even more hilarious and a point in futility with Rend/Hamstring shrugging. Still, it's a good change and I prefer it over the old incarnation.
    Ishin
  • With the new change @Oleis can we get rid of that, fitness balance being longer stuff? Since its on a 20 second cool down? ... plus that seems a little op on top :/
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:

With the new change @Oleis can we get rid of that, fitness balance being longer stuff? Since its on a 20 second cool down? ... plus that seems a little op on top :/

Liaison round. We decided to put these changes in first so that your liaison decisions would be more informed. I'm planning on opening reports July 7th.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You raise your arms above your head, allowing Kai energy to congregate between your outstretched
    palms.
    You thrust your palms forward and a stream of blue light crackles forth to strike out at Kelliara.
    As the stream strikes, she is immediately surrounded by the crackling energy.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.72 seconds
    H:87% M:100% E:100% W:99% Mad:0% Stance:None XP:18% [csdb -b]-++- [eas ftr]
    Kelliara's left arm breaks in half.
    Kelliara uses Shapeshifting Hardened Bones (left leg).
    Kelliara looks mildly stressed in pain, but her left leg resists breaking.
    Kelliara's left leg breaks in half.
    H:87% M:100% E:100% W:99% Mad:0% Stance:None XP:18% [csdb -b]-++- [eas ftr]
    Kelliara's right arm breaks in half.
    Kelliara's right leg breaks in half.
    Kelliara's legs give way as her left leg breaks.
    The crackling blue energy surrounding Kelliara disappears.

Yeah boy. Works vs kai cripple too :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited June 2014
    Which is bad because the longer kai cripple lasts the more time the monk has to take advantage of a break. You want kai cripple to end as soon as possible so you can get to curing it.

Delicious delicious stealth upgrades.

Ishin