Styles!

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Damariel

Nice! You sir rock.

Updated version:
    Bloodborn (frenzy)
    1P: "YIELD BEFORE MY MIGHT MAGGOT WHORESON!!" you snarl, battering Varian to shreds with your claws and fists.
    3p: "YIELD BEFORE MY MIGHT MAGGOT WHORESON!!" Riluo snarls, battering Varian to shreds with his claws and fists.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ashmer
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Updated:

Sentinel (stab)
    1P: You neatly pivot and whip (weapon) around, your momentum carrying through into a
    graceful but deadly thrust toward Varian.
    3p: Serrice neatly pivots and whips (weapon) around, her momentum carrying through into a
    graceful but deadly thrust toward Varian.

Angwe
  • I'm getting a little bit confused because of @Damariel‌'s kind updates to the messages.

Is the excel sheet the compiled, most up-to-date version of the messages? :)
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Lim I just updated all the Bloodborn ones I own to the newer versions on the spreadsheet

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Anyone adding these to the wiki as well?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • @Damariel

If you are not to busy please can you make the Carnifex ones more brutal and soul draining!!! I will list the ones I am talking about.

warcry: Carnifex (polearm) <-- less stabbing and more slashing with soul draining
    1P: "Take this up your ar$3," you roar, stabbing (weapon) into Varian with vicious gusto.
    3p: "Take this up your ar$3," Mastema roars, stabbing (weapon) into Varian with vicious gusto.

Leaping: Carnifex (Polearm)<--- needs to be more about slashing and draining soul again
    1P: You spring a considerable distance into the air, angling (weapon) downward and plunging into Varian with an expert, descending strike.
    3p: Mastema springs a considerable distance into the air, angling (weapon) downward and plunging into Varian with an expert, descending strike.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Hi @Damariel‌, I'm guessing that you're the admin in charge of this styles project.

Would it be possible for us to have the option to add default attacks within the list of possible messages?

In case there are others like me who like normal attacks + variety of style attacks, more than just a variation style attacks alone.

Just a suggestion! Thanks!
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    You have unlocked the following techniques in phasic style:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sentinel (stab)
    1P: Spinning and vanishing in a shower of leaves, you reappear beside Varian
    and drive (weapon) into Him.
    3p: Spinning and vanishing in a shower of leaves, Serrice reappears beside
    Varian and drives (weapon) into Him.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms

You have unlocked the following techniques in elegant style:
    Templar (weapon attacks)
    1P: You dash forward, past Varian, your (weapon) sweeping through the air. Only a few moments later does the force of the blow register, staggering Him.
    3p: Areka dashes forward, past Varian, her (weapon) sweeping through the air. Only a few moments later does the force of the blow register, staggering Him.

Don't forget to update the spreadsheet! - @Irruel - could you pin the link to the thread's first post?

->
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-qyUMal8ncLaBn8u2hr0UTzz3BI1j_1G2TWD-9nkv8I/edit?usp=sharing

LimRou
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    My list of shaman ones is up to date so far as I know.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Elegant:

Praenomen (frenzy)
    1P: You disdainfully flick your wrist at Varian, expelling a burst of psychic energy to send Him flying.
    3p: Sarita disdainfully flicks her wrist at Varian, expelling a burst of psychic energy to send Him flying.

Added to the spreadsheet too!
    Alice
  • Bedrock in Shaman -

You slam a (weapon) into the ground, discharging a burst of static that causes the ground to heave and spark violently beneath (target).
  • @Damariel‌ Love what you did with Warcry for Teradrim!!!! Makes me want to bash more!!!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Drunken:

Syssin (garrote)
    1P: Swaying drunkenly to the side, you catch (weapon) around Varian's throat at
    the last second and yank it sharply.
    3p: Swaying drunkenly to the side, Nyallyanna catches (weapon) around Varian's
    throat at the last second and yanks it sharply.
    imageimage
  • edited May 2014
    @Damariel‌ Either there is a bug or the shapeshifter 'elegant' style needs to be changed.

You have unlocked the following techniques in elegant style:
    Shapeshifter (slashing)
    1P: You dash forward, past Varian. Mere moments later, marks from your (weapon) open up on His frame.
    3p: Mephistoles dashes forward, past Varian. Mere moments later, marks from his (weapon) open up on His frame.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited May 2014
    Any chance the Carnifex ones in general can be looked at? The weapon aesthetic they use seems to be viewing polearms like they are big swords or spears, with jabbing and poking and stabbing and stuff, while the existing Carni messages are all about brutal hacking and spinning and arcing slashes. Multiple people have brought this up over the class clan, so passing it on to you guys as feedback.

Also, bedrock has the word butt in it. This is technically a correct word choice, but it means in the spam of bashing I just keep seeing butt butt butt flash across my screen. Haft or handle or pole or something else would maybe flow a bit better for repeated viewing.
    Alice
  • Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a reason luminary lightning doesn't get any?
  • Because 'technically' its not a bashing skill, its mainly smite.. @Rashar‌ .. Like only Slash and Stab in Dhurive til Serrice mentioned it :P
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • edited May 2014
    Hmm.

I bash with lightning. :(

AND MY LIGHTNING IS SO STRONG.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Wtb ability to preview before committing.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    IshinErzsebetAreka
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    At first I was a little sad that Teradrim are the only class without an elegant option, but after reading some descriptions for other weapons classes, I think I have a general suggestion.

3p: Stepping towards Varian, Sarita lifts her (weapon) in a surprising graceful and fluid motion before swinging it back downwards with enough force to shatter bones.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Mastema said:

@Damariel

If you are not to busy please can you make the Carnifex ones more brutal and soul draining!!! I will list the ones I am talking about.

Moirean said:

Any chance the Carnifex ones in general can be looked at? The weapon aesthetic they use seems to be viewing polearms like they are big swords or spears, with jabbing and poking and stabbing and stuff, while the existing Carni messages are all about brutal hacking and spinning and arcing slashes. Multiple people have brought this up over the class clan, so passing it on to you guys as feedback.

Also, bedrock has the word butt in it. This is technically a correct word choice, but it means in the spam of bashing I just keep seeing butt butt butt flash across my screen. Haft or handle or pole or something else would maybe flow a bit better for repeated viewing.

Yeah Carnifex ones look a bit odd.

• edited May 2014
    @Damariel, can you make it possible to view what a specific class technique would look like before we commit to it. Something like, P SCROLL CLASS and it would show the 1P or 3P lines.

Edit: Seems like comments don't like the greater than/less than signs.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

ErzsebetIshin
    Is there any way drunken Praenomen can be made...more obviously drunk? Right now it just looks like you're just the most uncoordinated person ever. Which, yes, drunk people are uncoordinated, but...I dunno. Just think the source should be more obvious, since right now, if I didn't know it was drunken style, I'd have assumed clumsy.

Unsteady on your feet, you hurl yourself into Varian, barraging Him with clumsy, powerful blows.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I sort of like that they actually don't imply you're drunk, when you're probably not actually drinking.
    If you're not actually drinking, what's the point of having a drunken style at all?
    imageimage
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited May 2014
    Drunken Boxing is a fighting style that, while sometimes the individual is drunk, they act drunk in order to make erratic or unpredictable movements during a fight but strikes just as hard and fiercely as someone sober. Deceives an opponent or might make them drop their guard from the deception. That's the point behind the style, I imagine.

Edit: For examples, please see: Jackie Chan (Drunken Master Movies) or Brad Wong from Dead or Alive series.
    AliceOmeiIshin
    edited May 2014
    Shrug. Still think it needs something to differentiate it visibly from clumsy, personally.

To clarify: I mean that someone who doesn't know that they have the clumsy style themselves, could easily mistake the drunken one for clumsy. Which, I dunno, if I'd wanted the clumsy scroll, I'd have gotten it instead of the drunken one.

Also edited to add: The other drunken ones all seem to be written with the intent to show booze involvement.
    imageimage
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I personally love the drunken style mostly because I've always thought of Seir's fighting style to be lethargic and similar in nature to it. I think clumsy is more intentionally making mistakes during a fight and somehow compensating enough for your idiocy. Drunken style seems more like drunken... fighting or acting like you're drunk in order to bait and deceive an opponent.
    'Swaying drunkenly'

'You stumble forward drunkenly'

They don't leave much room for why you're swaying or stumbling.
    ;
    imageimage