Styles!

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited May 2014
    Updated Shaman Styles! I'll just edit this post if any change I guess. (Or when I complete the set)

You have the following styles activated:
    Phasic Shaman (lightning)
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: Momentarily transforming into a bolt of lightning, you crash down near Varian and drive an
    explosive blast of electricity into His frame through (weapon).
    3p: Momentarily transforming into a bolt of lightning, Aishia crashes down near Varian and drives an
    explosive blast of electricity into His frame through (weapon).

Stormy Shaman (lightning)
    1P: You muster the primal power of lightning with (weapon), then unleash a crackling torrent of
    electricity upon Varian's frame.
    3p: Aishia musters the primal power of lightning with (weapon), then unleashes a crackling torrent
    of electricity upon Varian's frame.

Elegant Shaman (lightning)
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: You focus your electrical power through (weapon), forcing it into a bright, compacted arc. In
    the wake of the thunderous flash, Varian staggers, His frame charred.
    3p: Aishia focuses her electrical power through (weapon), forcing it into a bright, compacted arc.
    In the wake of the thunderous flash, Varian staggers, His frame charred.

Blazing Shaman (lightning)
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: Swiping (weapon) across the ground, you send a crackling globe of lightning rolling toward
    Varian. As it strikes Him, bursting apart, the arcs of electricity set Him ablaze.
    3p: Swiping (weapon) across the ground, Aishia sends a crackling globe of lightning rolling toward
    Varian. As it strikes Him, bursting apart, the arcs of electricity set Him ablaze.

Clumsy Shaman (lightning)
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: You point (weapon), but it slips through your fingers and begins emitting wild blasts of
    lightning; one catches Varian entirely by accident before you grab it up again.
    3p: Aishia points (weapon), but it slips through her fingers and begins emitting wild blasts of
    lightning; one catches Varian entirely by accident before she grabs it up again.

Warcry
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: Charging forward, you chant "Hup hup!" in a call to the spirits for strength. You strike with
    (weapon), unleashing a pure, blinding blast of energy and sending torrents of lightning searing
    through Varian.
    3p: Charging forward, Aishia chants "Hup hup!" in a call to the spirits for strength. Striking with
    (weapon), she unleashes a pure, blinding blast of energy - sending torrents of lightning searing
    through Varian.

Telekinetic
    Shaman (lightning)
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: Lowering (weapon), you put your hand to your forehead and focus upon Varian, dashing Him against
    the ground in a blast of static.
    3p: Lowering (weapon), Aishia put her hand to her forehead and focuses upon Varian, dashing Him
    against the ground in a blast of static.

Drunken
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: Barely able to remain on your feet, you lurch queasily and catch yourself on Varian, mistakenly
    charging Him with a gout of lightning.
    3p: Barely able to remain on her feet, Aishia lurches queasily and catches herself on Varian,
    mistakenly charging Him with a gout of lightning.
    RiluoAshmerBrayden
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Those are pure win.

I wish I knew what others worked with Bloodborn, as the new ones I got are for weapon users only!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That Shammy Phasic is -awesome-.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    RiluoAshmerPiper
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Mass Effect 2 Vanguard Biotic Rush, anybody?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Aryanne
  • You have unlocked the following techniques in bombastic style:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Teradrim (flail attacks)
    1P: You advance, solid-footed upon the ground, spinning (weapon) in your hand
    and bringing it to crushing speed. Feeling the power of the Earth resonating
    within you, you channel that force outward, demolishing Varian with such force
    that hairline cracks appear on the ground beneath Him.
    3p: Damonicus advances, solid-footed upon the ground, spinning (weapon) in his
    hand and bringing it to crushing speed. The power of Earth resonates within him,
    and he channels that force outward, demolishing Varian with such force that
    hairline cracks appear on the ground beneath Him.

You have unlocked the following techniques in warcry style:
    Teradrim (flail attacks)
    1P: "Oooohhh.... That's got to hurt!" you bellow, and smash (weapon) into Varian
    with a powerful, overhead swing.
    3p: "Oooohhh.... That's got to hurt!" Damonicus bellows, smashing (weapon) into
    Varian with a powerful, overhead swing.

• Ashmer said:

Mass Effect 2 Vanguard Biotic Rush, anybody?

Vanguard? MANGUARD. The only way I was able to play Mass Effect 2 was Manguarding it up.
    Jami
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited May 2014
    Can confirm. Only way to play Mass Effect is as Manguard.
    Jami
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    shpow

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    @Damariel
    You have unlocked the following techniques in telekinetic style:
    Monk (kicks)
    1P: You slam your foot into the ground, summoning up a wall of raw psychic force to batter Varian.
    3p: Elyni slams her foot into the ground, and Varian staggers, bruises rising on Him.

If you're still taking suggestions, could this one get a bit of work on it? It seems a little lacking :(
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    OMG WHAT IS THIS?!!!!
  • @Damariel‌ It would be nice if some of the scrolls worked for luminary's evoke lightning and with syssin's bite. It's not quite as common but there are people who bash with those and it would be cool for a few scrolls to include options for those attacks.
    Ishin
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I imagine the bite one hasn't been done because it contains tokens for what you're biting with so it's more fiddly than just writing a line.

• @Eleanor: Eh, that's probably not as huge a deal, since they could just include those tokens, though it'd probably still be a little bit more complex than the rest. Alternatively, they could just nix the tokens for what you're biting with in pve since there's some sort of system in place to determine what you're hitting anyway.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I think I 100%'d the shaman ones, though there was 1 or two seemingly rarer ones (Ithink? never saw) That I have not checked! (Was there really a drunken style!?)
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    You have unlocked the following techniques in telekinetic style:
    Monk (kicks)
    1P: Driving your leg into the ground for stability, you project a wall of psychic force toward
    Varian and batter Him powerfully to the ground.
    3p: Driving her leg into the ground for stability, Elyni projects a wall of psychic force toward
    Varian and batters Him powerfully to the ground.

<3@Damariel
  • I know I've 100%'d the ascendril ones. There are only 13 styles out there, and not all of them work with every class.

Since I can't edit @Areka's google docs thingiemajigger(you kids and your technology), gonna post these here.

You have unlocked the following techniques in phasic style:
    Indorani (bonedagger)
    1P: In a flash, you draw and spin a Hermit card in your hand, snapping through time and space to
    plant (weapon) in Varian's back.

3p: In a flash, Ishin draws and spins a Hermit card in his hand, snapping through time and space to
    plant (weapon) in Varian's back.

Syssin (garrote)
    1P: You dodge through time and space, reappearing behind Varian to choke Him with (weapon).

3p: Ishin dodges through time and space, reappearing behind Varian to choke Him with (weapon).
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • TozToz
    edited May 2014
    Me every time I read this thread:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=6W5pq4bIzIw&feature=kp

The 'bombastic' one is forever associated with that song, and it gets stuck in my head.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Slyphe
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I'll open the doc for full editing if ya'll promise to behave. Last time I did that, someone came in and deleted everything which was lame.
    XavinIshin
  • @Areka maybe only give editing privs to specific people that you know can be trusted?

Ishin
    Updated a little with what I had. IDK HOW TO CHANGE COLORS THOUGH!!
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited May 2014
    Updated with the ascendril stuff. Suggestion: styles by class needs to differentiate between punches/kicks for monk/zealot and slash/stab for sentinel.

Edit: Oh, it already does this derp derp.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited May 2014
    You have unlocked the following techniques in elegant style:
    Sentinel (slash)
    1P: You dash forward, past Varian. Mere moments later, wounds from (weapon)
    open up on His frame.
    3p: Serrice dashes forward, past Varian. Mere moments later, wounds from
    (weapon) open up on His frame.

Sentinel (stab)
    1P: You charge forward, past Varian. Mere moments later, a deep puncture wound
    from (weapon) opens in His frame.
    3p: Serrice charges forward, past Varian. Mere moments later, a deep puncture
    wound from (weapon) opens in His frame.

I like the Sentinel slash one, but not so much the Sentinel stab one. It feels much too much like its own self-contained thing, when both mechanically and lorewise, the followups are enabled by the momentum and delivery of the first strike -- they are integrally connected.

You have unlocked the following techniques in blazing style:
    Templar (weapon)
    1P: You step toward Varion, swinging (weapon) - first to wreathe it in white-hot fire,
    and second to strike him with punishing strength.
    3p: Atticus steps toward Varian, swinging (weapon) - first to wreathe it in white-hot
    fire, and second to strike Him with punishing strength.

Love all the Templar elemental ones though.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Also, @Damariel, the Carnifex polearms techniques seem to be distinctly thrusty-based. Fex polearms are all slashing weapons though (halberds, bardiches) and the SSL messages reflect that.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Damariel if you are still tweaking these, if you get a second could you make this more savage. Perhaps more claws or shredding flesh type thing? Also thank you for all the work on these :)
    Bloodborn (frenzy)
    1P: "YIELD BEFORE MY MIGHT MAGGOT WHORESON!!" you intone, your fists like blurs as you pummel Varian.
    3p: "YIELD BEFORE MY MIGHT MAGGOT WHORESON!!" Riluo intones, his fists like blurs as he pummels Varian.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Drunken
    Shaman (lightning)
    1P: Barely able to remain on your feet, you lurch queasily and catch yourself on Varian, mistakenly
    charging Him with a gout of lightning.
    3p: Barely able to remain on her feet, Aishia lurches queasily and catches herself on Varian,
    mistakenly charging Him with a gout of lightning.
    Alice
  • @Serrice: I have updated the elegant stab and will be checking on the other styles to make sure this Dhuriv philosophy is reflected in the messages. Thank you for letting me know! Re: Carnifex - this point has been made to me by several others. I confess procrastinating on making a comprehensive fix to these messages, but I am aware of the problem. Rest assured I'll get around to it!

@Riluo: Try the revision on for size!
    Riluo
  • Carnifex fixes being delayed?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."