I remember...

Comments

• KrazKraz Member Posts: 36
    I remember the first tekal....thank you all for making me feel incredibly old.
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenMember Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when the game seemed less oriented towards PK.

I remember when Divine -had- to be involved to make people an Endgame race.

I remember the crazy ratman in Enorian.

I remember the thrill of getting that first promotion in a guild, how much it meant and how nervous I was at the first interview.

I remember when East Itzatl was opened up, and how my character was completely screwed over by Severn. (Awesome fun!)

KrazAryanne
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mistress Member Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still walk manually. <.< The only time I use path finding is when using shop directory and trying to find a certain shop.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander PortlandMember, Newbie Helper, Guildmaster Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AKA 3/4 of Moi's exes.
    The Divine voice of Razmael echoes in your head, "God of imps."
    Eugenides says to you, "Imp, Are you sure you were not born a Troll?"
    The Divine voice of Arion echoes in your head, "Every time I try to punish you for being so flippant, I find Myself laughing instead."
    Hugo has expressed his esteem of you for the following reason: Being a badass leader.
    AshmerBenedictoTrigru
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer LifeMember Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirtless gank squad, more like.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MoireanTrager
  • MeyvitchMeyvitch Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    we miss the art and you. Edit: I liked your character so much I borrowed the name for playing Prektor tabletop for awhile. :-) She got eaten by zombies.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Aryanne
  • SibattiSibatti Amidst vibrant flora and treesMember Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds about right.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's DelightMember Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭
    In my latest playthrough of Dragon Age, I named my dog Sibatti. >_>
    SolariaTrager
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander PortlandMember, Newbie Helper, Guildmaster Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally saw Princess Monoke a few months ago and was just like OH I GET SIBATTI NOW.
    The Divine voice of Arion echoes in your head, "Every time I try to punish you for being so flippant, I find Myself laughing instead."
    Hugo has expressed his esteem of you for the following reason: Being a badass leader.
    TrigruTrager
    edited September 2014
    That movie is basically pure 2010-2013 era Duiran.

Edit: 2010, sorry. Goodness, how time flies.
    MoireanKerryn
  • BufordBuford Member, Immortal Posts: 280 Immortal
    I still sing the line as 'Now you're just Sibatti that I used to know.'
    TeaniTrigruElie
  • ZsadistZsadist Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when Bloodloch actually spoke over the city channel, instead of quiet city it is now.

Atrapoema...

I remember when credits were only 2k each.

I remember when combat was manual and not done via AI scripts.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Volka
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenMember Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And all the aliases to eat different plants to cure manually and at the same time keeping up an offensive by hitting macros, trying not to forget which ones were the right venom combos to keep up a kelp stack for a proper venomlock.

• XeniaXenia Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teani said:

And all the aliases to eat different plants to cure manually and at the same time keeping up an offensive by hitting macros, trying not to forget which ones were the right venom combos to keep up a kelp stack for a proper venomlock.

Sounds like I missed the best time to be ding PVP! How I wish this was still the norm.
    TeaniSessizlikAlissandra
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember going on a 20 level rampage using only right leg. No I will not stop telling that story, get off my lawn you unicorn kids.
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I'll still never forget the first time I saw Toz throwing hammers."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I freaked out and thought they had somehow managed to pull me into them."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "So I tumbled away from my team and into theirs."

TrigruEmellePeriluna
    Toz is like a dad, always telling the same stories over and over.

Toz story #5a: Right leg rockstar
    TragerPeriluna
  • MeyvitchMeyvitch Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭
    Trigru said:

In my latest playthrough of Dragon Age, I named my dog Sibatti. >_>

My rojalli cub in game is named after her too. ^_^

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • SarkisSarkis Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    My rojalli cub is named Snargblok
  • ElieElie Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    I remember meeting @Anfini‌ in the Great Rock. I was something like level 40, and kicking cultists to death because my sire had told me I was not allowed to join a guild in order to get to level 50 so she would embrace me. And she was considered unreasonably strict for doing this at the time.

And if I hadn't been doing that extremely weird thing, half my life would be different. That's one of the things I love about this game.

Emelle
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAE Desian digging up the entire Bloodloch graveyard during a treasure hunt.

ObynKerryn
  • KafarKafar Member Posts: 8
    The Zombies that took over the world one Holloween. Everyone was zombied and I remember a newbie with grace got everyone to follow him to the inn and we all just kept bouncing off of grace there. Took a few hours for someone to get the zombie curse cured.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight SchoolMember Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, this thread gave me the feels. 
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Kafar said:

The Zombies that took over the world one Holloween. Everyone was zombied and I remember a newbie with grace got everyone to follow him to the inn and we all just kept bouncing off of grace there. Took a few hours for someone to get the zombie curse cured.

If that was the one I'm thinking of, I was there for that! I remember in Enorian (it was called Shallam still, then), we had the prophet Averroes leading some players to bust their way into a safehouse. I was a uhh, vampire. Escaping with them.

RP standards were a little different then!
  • KafarKafar Member Posts: 8
    @trigru Yeah think there has only been one zombie deal here, I was a zombie stuck watching.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere! Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember:

Having to work so hard for endgame that, when it was finally achieved, people actually went mad and started suffering from post-endgame disorder. They'd do all sorts of crazy, knee-jerk stuff because the emptiness of the free time before them was too scary to contemplate. This was before Havens or Enhancements. Once you got 100, that was that.

Being so immersed in the game that I felt that I lived in it. I drew maps so I wouldn't lose my way. I felt every interaction deeply. Any sort of guild test was a nerve-wracking affair that I treated with the utmost seriousness.

Hanging out with @Ianus and @Tralendar in old Ashtan, just goofing around.

Teaming up with Auresae to fill Lleis' Temple with Fire Skunks.

Good ol' Banana obsessed Gepideth and the rest of the Bezaliel bunch.

Teani