Volka

VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
I'm curious if she even seems to have a personality at all. I find it difficult to put any verbal quirks in for her, even though I never imagine her speaking all prim and proper. Thoughts and suggestions welcome, please.

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I definitely have taken note of Volka in the city. I haven't interacted directly with her really, but I've noted her presence as a citizen around and about. I'll have to try to find some time to meet with her directly!
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Elea's getting pretty fond of Volka, gotta say. She's studious, and attentive, and she seems like she's got a sense of humour as well- all qualities the old girl likes in a novice! We've got some fun things happening and I think it's gonna keep being pretty fun, so, looking forward to that C:

• VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    Volka's made Accredited Cabalist. Hopefully this will help her to get out and interact even more, now that she's not as restricted on what she can do. :3
    MoireanTeani
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    From what I've seen of Volka, she's very enthusiastic. I like that! Not hesitating to jump into things at all. It seems like you're broadening her aspects and getting involved in PvP too, which is great. Looking forward to some interaction. :)

Volka
  • edited May 2014
    What can I say? Cannan loves Volka as much as he would his own daughter. Their interplay never fails to amuse me, and I love both how she's taken to handing him drinks without asking what he wants, and how he's taken to accepting them without thinking about it. She's been the best intern a little twerp like Cannan could ever hope for, and it genuinely breaks my heart that we won't be progressing in the Cabalists together. Every time they get together now is a reminder that Cannan still has a heart, however much he hides it.

From an OOC perspective, it really excites me to see you emoting like a champ. I know phonetolia can be harsh, but watching you respond to the things I do, and genuinely surprise me from time to time, has been incredibly rewarding. Never stop branching out!
     I'm trying to get Volka to interact a bit more than I have been, taking a break from bashing for awhile to work on cementing her place as a charecter.  I'm hoping that with the small interactions with random people, I'll be able to flesh her out more and have a more believable charecter, instead of a 'what would I do' sort of thing. 
    I like Volka. She's a pretty spot-on Cabalist-type, always lurking in the background, watching and observing and being science-smart. Every now and then she'll say something witty over CT or crack me up on shunt. She's kinda like a mini-Eleanor, at least to my outsider view.
    I have to admit, the closest to a science lab I ever got was once in college, they had us watch soylent green in the lab because our projector was out and environment was 'technically' a science class. That Volka is even a passably acceptable science-y type makes me superhappy.  I'll do my best to keep up the little jaunts with random people, it's a lot of fun!
    Volka Made Idreth. She sounds funny. Opportunities abound!
    Teani
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I really like Volka. She's a solid character and one it's fun to interact with, also very very Cabalistic. I love how she gets down to the nitty gritty details of stuff and suddenly bursts out in this whole rant on something very scientific. Don't you dare change her away from that!

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Volkaaa, volkaaa! Your character is really wonderful, she always makes me smile to interact with. She's good for lighthearted stuff, but she can be really heartfelt and insightful as well, which is really cool. You think you're a weak roleplayer, but so far I haven't seen a single instance where I've agreed! And your ideas for your idreth form are really fun, it's always great when people play around with it and put their own spin on it. Can't wait for more interaction, that's for sure~!

Great writer and solid character. My only suggestion is don't be afraid to have fun with things! You have a great sense of humor and add a dryly amusing element to a scene when you want to, like the hair braiding. The straight man to the room full of derpy spireans is sometimes funnier than the clowns.
    XeniaVolka
  • Moirean said:

The straight man to the room full of derpy Carnifex is sometimes funnier than the clowns.

I ftfy moi.

But Volka -- I didn't come to tangent on some quoting, your character is fun. We've only had a few interactions but if I can echo what everyone else has been saying, your character is solid and consistent, something that I always appreciate. Hopefully we'll get more chance to RP, silly or serious, both will be fun!

MoireanVolka
  • Yay solid and consistent go @Volka
    Volka
  • Jura knows very little of Volka, though is _very_ intrigued by her scientific background.
    I also am hopeful that the two will interact more - though I admit Jura is a cactus.
    Volka
  • @Volka. Come back. We have things to finish.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Volka