Looking for players

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
Looking for some players interested in playing (likely alts) characters to work at a brothel Moi is opening. I don't really care if you go off and mudsex and stuff, but I am really only interested in people who will play the role well and tastefully. I think that sort of role can be pretty interesting, so if you want to get involved, let me know (or just contact Moi IG). Those who do play the role will have access to their own housing within the brothel and the ability to use certain features incorporated in the building, such as setting up burlesque shows via a stage prog. Again, I am really only interested in people who are going to play the role well and tastefully, only PG-13 stuff in public, etc.
JensenBenedictoLinPiper

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The brothel is in Delos, v52698, for those who want to nose around. Stuff is still being added, so there should be some mobs and stuff put in soon!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Inb4 return of Crystal Leaf Inn & Organization bans/Association Laws/Syssin Trolling grounds/Mudprawnz come back.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    IshinDaskalos
    Perhaps, though I am pretty certain mudsex didn't stop with the destruction of CLI. I think the brothel thing can be done well if the players are good RPers - and only the people I approve are gonna be getting keys to the suites - and I think Aetolia's RPers are a good bit more mature and capable of producing some really stellar and intriguing things, compared to the Aetolia of a decade ago.

I'm aware that there's potential for stuff to get icky or snuggly or gross or stupid. I also think there's potential for some rather cool things. Sex is a part of the human experience.
    Sorry, I was trying to be funny with nostalgia. I'll stop hi-jacking your thread!
    havenbanner2
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    What he really means is he's planning a burlesque show like in birdcage
    IshinEmelleHaven
  • Moirean said:
    I'm aware that there's potential for stuff to get icky or snuggly or gross or stupid. I also think there's potential for some rather cool things. Sex is a part of the human experience.
    I just think it's a bit narrow-minded to focus on the human experience. What about the rajamala experience? Or troll?

Jokes aside, I really think it's a great idea to start up more player-run establishments since there just seems to be a lot of possiblities for roleplay coming out of those. Inns, brothels, fencing schools, whatever has people showing up and emoting is a good thing as far as I am concerned.
    Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    If I had a million dollars I'd throw money at you guys to turn the Black Flagon, Iron Hill town, and brothel into the beginnings of a player-created city.
    Moirean
    Yeah I wish I had a bajillion credits, there are so many cool things I'd like to make!
  • Creepy.. hilarious. I'm in.

Knock twice, kick once. Ask for the weirdo in the back.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    You have emoted: One too-thin hand rises, and Ashmer knocks gently on the door twice, then once again. "Our greetings," he utters in a slithering hiss when portal opens, "is master Del'baeth in this evening?"

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinAryanneTragerPiper
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Brings a whole new meaning to wormhole checks.
    ArekaAryannePeriluna
    Dude.
  • Hah. It won't be mister Del'baeth.

Besides, I have a strict ladies only policy.

Sorry, @aarbrok.
    Aarbrok
  • Mudsex is not a requirement though?
    I mean if I considered it for my free time its not an aspect I would want to do personally.
    Not, not required at all. It's about playing the role, so people can fade to black or just lounge around as a bursleque dancer and never take on clients or anything like that.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Setne best burlesque dancer ever.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited April 2014
    *Turns back into a woman*

Been there done that @Rashar.  I don't think you're ready for this jelly.

@Aishia You can be my Kelly Rowland, I suppose @Setne can be my Michelle.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Setne said:
    Setne best burlbearlesque dancer ever.
    FTFY broseph
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ArbreSetne
    Jensen said:
    What he really means is he's planning a burlesque show like in birdcage
    havenbanner2
    Lin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited April 2014
    Association laws incoming.  I think placing this in Delos sends entirely the wrong message. I have novices, right now, who have come up to me and said 'why was this person hitting on me as soon as I came off the island'. We're a PG-13 game, but we're not a sex mud. Those exist (I'm told) and if that is the main reason you play a mud, go play there. I don't like the image this sets for Aetolia, especially in such a high-profile area as Delos. We have a lot of adults, but we also have a lot of people that are 13, 14, 15 years old and I don't want them using places like this, but OOC you don't know their roles. Mudsex happens, and I understand that, but I don't like the glorifying of it. If you want to do strip shows\burlesque type stuff, sure. Having an interactive sex show? I don't like it and think it sends entirely the wrong message and I think it's inviting trouble in a major way.

I don't want this in the game anywhere, but if it must be somewhere, can it at least be off the beaten path where novices are less likely to wander in and can be warned\explained what it is before they walk in? 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

LinHadoryuMoireanElie
    Dude she even said herself it's not going to be a sex show.

I'm sure there would be amenities where someone could purchase a girl or guy for the night and do whatever they want to them in privacy but the admin would simply not allow a public exhibition that violates the TOS.
    EmelleHavenMoirean
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    The first character I ever made got an unsolicited offer from a newbie alt hooker in the novice portals. A risqué dance club isn't going to make things any worse
    Lin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    edited April 2014
    This certainly isn't the first whorehouse in Aetolia.  Might be the first one with any class, though.
    LimLinMoireanPeriluna
  • The eyebrows in her sig enhance @Arbre's case.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AryanneEmelleHavenLinMoireanSeirPeriluna
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Plopping it in Delos might be more of an issue if all novices still came through Delos, and if that were the case I'd be uncomfortable with it too... but I had a think about it, and with the intros currently the way they are, your average novice is going to see people snuggling at city places before they wander around Delos and take a wrong turn.

I guess it's also important to note on the "hey it'll be fine" argument that Moirean is specifically looking for the kind of person that wouldn't go out and propositition a novice.

LinMoirean
  • I like the idea of making it classy and rp enforced. As I said before I wouldn't be one to even get into the mudsex aspect of it but I do agree that Delos might not be the ideal place for it.
    I don't see anything wrong with this sort of establishment so long as the public stuff is PG-13 and Moirean's already made it clear that's the aim she's gunning for. The game already provides precedence for this sort of thing as there is an NPC brothel in the game where you CAN have sex with various prostitutes.

There's potential for political play with this sort of establishment and propaganda setting or even those looking to enhance their role as a sort of scoundrel for those interested in that sort of roleplay.

So... cheers for the scoundrels!

(Delos is turning into Mos Eisley! You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.)
    havenbanner2
    EmelleAryanneMoirean
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    'turning into'

Just how long has the PK thug been for hire there?

Lin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    In the past, I'd have probably thought this would be a terrible idea, but seeing that there's a very specific standard being employed with the way Moirean's doing it, I'm less worried. For the people saying that that sort of thing doesn't belong in Aetolia, well, there's a brothel already in Huanazedha, and nobody complained about that back then. And if mudsex happens, pretty sure it's been stated that X-rated stuff won't be happening in public, so there's less of a worry about novices seeing stuff they shouldn't.

The only real issue I'm forseeing is people employing association laws. As it stands, I'm predicting that the people that'll be working in or making use of this player-run brothel will primarily be Spireans and Bloodlochians. Enorian will be guaranteed to prohibit any of its citizens from it, and maybe Duiran might do the same, which is kinda disappointing since I know the intent is to spur more interaction, and the potential for such a place is interesting.

@Haven: It already is Mos Eisley mixed in with the whole merchant city thing. Already got a slaver's hideout, and then the Sect of Blades. Only thing missing is an assassins guild or smuggler cartel. :P
    Moirean