A vampire and his lamb

EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baenCanada
edited March 2014 in Roleplay Logs
Backstory: Ezalor's been poking, prodding, and taunting Haven for quite a long time leading up to this. He notices Haven at the Tear and goes to pay him a visit.

You say, "How's my favourite little lamb doing?"

Solemnly, Haven asks you, "Has the Weaver sent you to me?"

Teani nods at Haven, then turns to leave, eyes falling on you as she turns. Instead of pausing, she simply raises an eyebrow, then moves on.

You have emoted: Ezalor lifts an eyebrow at Haven, one hand reaching up rudely to slap him on the face. "-I- am the Weaver, lambling. My Goddess goes by different titles."

"You are the scourge on this realm! You are the Weaver's Bloodletter." Haven replies, his tone sharp and clipped as he swings his hand before him in a grand gesture of defiance and refusal.

Its black eyes scanning its path, a wolf spider slowly crawls in from the northeast.

"Unlike My Siblings, I do not order Mine around like chess pieces." A woman's voice comes from the northeast, the Malevolent Goddess following the wolf spider into the space.

You have emoted: "Does it sting, little one?" Ezalor asks casually, his hand rising to Haven's cheek again. This time, the fingers pinch his cheeks tightly, shaking vigorously, the endearing gesture commonly shown to newborns. "To know just how Powerless you are to stop me?"

You have emoted: Ezalor's attention breaks from Haven, an impossibly wide smile stretching his lips as he turns to regard Iosyne. So wide, in fact, that the skin in the middle of his bottom lip splits, a faint trickle of blood running down onto his chin. "Malevolent!" he greets, tone a mixture of worship and adoration.

Haven manages a step back, leather boots crunching against the vegetated floor in his startlement. Was it for Iosyne's or your approach? The former Knight could not truly say but his eyes widen ever so faintly all the same. Quickly darkening his expression to shape a half-formed snarl about his lips, Haven utters, "You think to torment me? To draw me into...into... To share in Her madness?!"

You have emoted: Ezalor's limbs blur into movement as he turns back to Haven, lighting-quick; the large vampire is suddenly face-to-face with Haven, blue eyes opened to their fullest extent, his ringing laughter spraying blood from his broken lip onto Haven. "We all carry a little madness," he proclaims, his expression suggesting more than just a little. "You are reviled and cast out for yours while I gain the Power from mine to shape the world."

Iosyne pauses at your side to give you an affectionate touch on your cheek. Her demeanor is warm, and a gentle heat radiates from Her entire form. In the close proximity, She turns to Haven. "Only the offensive are tormented by Me. Ask some of My agents sometime.. I take care of those who please Me."

Haven backs another step, nearing the blessed Tear of the late Lleis. His chest rises and falls with a steady rhythm but it is both his eyes and his heart that gives him away. To show him false. His heart thunders within as the corners of his gaze wrinkle considerably. "You and Your ilk.... You tease. You lie. There is only doom!" He repeats, not sounding quite so sure of himself.

You have emoted: "There is only doom," Ezalor repeats with an amicable nod, his steps mirroring Haven's own, distance between the two never widening. "Where will you stand when it comes? When we cover this world in blood. Will you drown with the weak, the meek, or will you bathe in Her glory?"

The retreat does nothing to thwart Iosyne's attention. She follows Haven with graceful, long strides, each step purposeful and matching in his pace. "Do I?" She asks of the accusation.

Iosyne gives a token of the Malevolent's Esteem to Haven.

You have emoted: Ezalor's eyes follow the token, a flash of jealousy warping his features for a moment before his gaze snaps back to Haven, neutrality settling once more upon his face.

"Something I adore about the living," Iosyne murmurs, leaning in to touch Her palm to Haven's cheek. "Their scent is irresistible when they're seized with fear. If only you could smell as I do... you'd never second-guess the allure of the feast."

Haven pauses in his retreat as the heel of his boots grace the edge of the Tear. Then and only then does the former Knight manage to stand his ground, his clawed fingers gradually curling into his palms - carving half-moons into his flesh. Near enough to even bleed, a trickle of crimson breaking coursing through between his fingers now and dripping to the earth. "Of course! You are the Weaver, Matron of Pain! Lost in Madness in Your pursuit...your pursuit..." The Azudim cannot seem to finish as Iosyne lays Her hand upon his face, nearly forcing him to recoil in both fear and revulsion.

Aren enters from the southeast, riding a giant, black-furred wolf.

Aren steps down off of a giant, black-furred wolf.

Quietly, Haven says to Iosyne, "You... are wrong, Weaver."

Aren slips from his mount, fire flickering at his fingertips, "Brother!" he exclaims to Haven, eyeing those present, "You should come with me."

Haven chants arcane words and touches his weapon. Flames suddenly spring up along its length.

Haven cannot seem to slide his eyes off of Iosyne to meet Aren. "You are wrong!" He repeats more firmly though his eyes gradually grow wider the longer Iosyne keeps Her hold to his face.

Iosyne lifts Her eyebrows briefly, removing Her hand from Haven's cheek and turning away. "Whatever lie you need to tell yourself," She says to him, sweeping Her gaze over Aren briefly and moving on just as quickly.

Lin tells you, "Entertaining Aren and Haven, Emperor? Take care they do not pour feces into your ears."

Haven's heartbeat thunders loudly in his chest. So wracked with emotion! So profound in its beating, it might as well be drums to herald the call of war. As Iosyne relinquishes Her grip, the Azudim finds himself breathing just a touch harder. The outward calm beginning to wither. His attention immediately turns from Iosyne to Aren as if he were seeing the Yeleni for the first time. "Brother!"

You have emoted: "Matron of Pain," Ezalor repeats, again in that maddeningly amicable tone. His hands reach forward, grabbing one of Haven's wrists; the large vampire pries the fingers open, exposing Haven's palm, before his other hand bears down upon it, elongated claws sinking deep into the exposed flesh. "Isn't it beautiful?" he hums casually, the Bloodletter's demeanor relaxed as if at a friendly meeting rather than standing there with claws inches deep in another man's flesh. "Doesn't it make you feel...-alive-?" Ezalor's hand finally retracts, drawing to the vampire's face as a lascivious tongue laps up the river of blood. "A feeling that doesn't often last long for you around me, admittedly."

You tell Lin, "Oh I much prefer my -other- Companion here."

Lin tells you, "The Malevolent."

You tell Lin, "Did my tone give it away?"

Lin tells you, "My mark itches. I was going to peek, but I will stay far, far away, instead."

Haven's grimace is heavy as he recoils back from your embrace. With a curse, the Azudim makes to push by you and your matron both to flee as he draws his wounded arm to his chest. "I cannot remain!" Where? Time will tell. Each step is hurried against the vegetated forest as his cloak flares behind him in his attempt to flee.

Aren tenses at the display before him, taking a few cautious steps towards you and Haven, "Leave him be, Ezalor." he warns, his tone dipping, "He doesn't belong to you."

Iosyne pauses at your side in order to mention, "Don't be jealous, now. You're still My favorite." She presses Her index and middle finger to Her mouth, and then touches them to your lower lip, the heart chained around Her waist pulsating briefly with its golden, Divine glow.

Iosyne warps out of perception, Her monstrous form separating into inky threads of shadow which slither away in different directions.

You have emoted: Ezalor parts easily to the side, clearing Haven's path. His offensively wide smile returns for a moment, a gesture seemingly reserved for the departed Goddess, before he turns his attention to Aren, holding up fingers slick with blood and saliva. "Oh we can share," he says in a friendly voice, giving the hand a shake. "Care for a taste of him too?"

Haven leaves to the northeast, riding a donkey.

You have emoted: Predicting protest, Ezalor's hand moves quickly, one finger pressing onto Aren's lips in a hushing motion. The vampire seems delighted in his utter disregard for personal space, wiggling the finger to smear lines of blood along the Yeleni's mouth.

Aren reaches up to smack your hand away, fire preceding his palm, more of a warning than anything, "Haven and I are blooded. Bound by a tie you'll never understand. Hurt him, you hurt me. Understand?" he hisses, wiping at his mouth with the back of his hand.

You have emoted: "Pain is the gift I bring to the world," Ezalor proclaims joyfully, the hand falling obligingly to his side. "Your 'brother' takes his lessons well. Should I consider you full of the same potential?"

"Stay away from him, vampire." Aren growls, his eyes narrowing, "Goddess by your side or not, next time I'll burn you down."

You have emoted: Ezalor's eyes sweep over the shorter man, one eyebrow quirking in amusement. "Bigger men have tried," he drawls with a wink before turning on his heel. "Catch you later," he calls over his shoulder before departing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERLUDE: Haven dies to various people a few more times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You tell Haven, "Do you feel it, lambling? The despair as your head hits your ceiling over, and over, and over again. Break through. You know how."

Haven tells you, "...I am no lamb!"

You tell Haven, "No, you're right. You are not. That is why I am -so- puzzled at why you insist on pretending to be one."

Haven tells you, "Are you so lost to the madness? Has your fire truly been extinguished?"

You tell Haven, "Fire and I aren't the best of friends."

Fin! Thanks to @Haven and @Aren for indulging Ezalor's sick views, and especially to @Iosyne for making Aetolia a blast. I'm really starting to enjoy antagonist RP, definitely need to find some excuses to park outside Bloodloch more. Probably would have gone on with Aren a bit longer but at that point @Xiuhcoatl had started shooting meteors :D.

HavenLinMoireanAryanneRiluoKatsziaTeaniCiarelleIosyneAlexinaChakrasulPiperDamonicusJensen

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I had fun. I wish I had the log of the stuff on my end and some of the stuff prior to you showing up to paint the complete picture. It was pretty awesome.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    RiluoTeani
  • Ya I had fun with that too. Haven just sent Aren a little warning through their bond they have so I showed up. Wasn't expecting to see Iosyne there too! I was pleasantly surprised by your RP Ezalor, hope to do it again sometime! :)
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'm not used to skilled combatants being great at roleplay. People like @Ezalor are annihilating my worldview.
    Draiman
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Desian, Sibatti, Hadoryu, Benedicto, Kylan....
    HavenLinSlypheXiuhcoatl
  • edited March 2014
    Awesome. Great read. Thanks for sharing. :D

P.S.
    I like the way you colored it.
  • Jealous I was not there for that one, would have been an intersting mix to say the least. But wonderful by all parties.

• This is a wonderful log, so well played on all ends. One thing that I've absolutely missed seeing around here is a true bad guy antagonist. Desian used to play the role extraordinarily well, but after he left it seemed like nobody was really willing to step up to the plate and play that guy.

Ezalor, please keep this up. The atmosphere a character like that can add to the game as a whole is incredible, and you're doing an amazing job.

KatsziaDamonicusAryanneVolkaHaven