Fight Club at the Monkey

EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
edited March 2014 in Roleplay Logs
So the other night, a thing happened at the Brass Monkey in Spinesreach! Impromptu fight club, and it was a whole lot of fun and I figured people might enjoy the log. It's pretty huge, so I'll be breaking it into chunks to post.

Leadup and Round One: Akaryuterra vs Aarbrok
[spoiler]

Brass Monkey Imports. (Spinesreach.) (5581)
-----

[+]-

-----
A slender glass hookah stands here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the
ground. A pine-lined iron bin has been set here, ready to be be filled with trash. Resting on the
ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A brown glass bottle has been set down here. Hands folded in
the sleeves of his dark, voluminous robes, a cabalist stands ready to guard his city. A battered
iron cup has been left here. A short glass sits here.  You see a sign here instructing you that
WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading east (open pine door) and down (closed pine door).
Unmapped: down

You have emoted: Eleanor exhales, sliding herself into a seat toward one end of the bar.

Your pose is now set as:
Eleanor sits here, at the far end of the bar.

Piper arrives from the east.
Piper gives the world a smart salute.

Akaryuterra is standing near the bar, browsing the wares.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Oh. Hello again."
Akaryuterra smiles at Piper.

Piper Anfini says, "Janus is talking with Cannan so it's just me. Sorry to toddle after you both,
Conduit. Commissar."

You say, "I imagine they've a little to talk about."

Akaryuterra shrugs and shakes his head. "Not at all, it is fine if you want to join us."
Akaryuterra's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

<<Cabalists>>: Anfini says, "I'd liken you to a good wool sweater. Scratchy and tough at first, but
once you get used to it, warm and quite comfortable."

You say to Akaryuterra, "Hear that, I'm a fuzzy sweater."

"Yeah, they do." Piper leaves it at that as she goes to join you and Akaryuterra by the bar,
swinging her legs over the side of the stool as she hoists herself up.

Akaryuterra crosses his arms and looks you over, "Nah. Yer a lot more comfy."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "I ever wear a sweater?"

Piper glances over at the two with a peculiar look on her face before she resumes looking over the
menu.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Right, well..."

Akaryuterra wanders over and finds himself a seat on a stool next to you two.

You have emoted: Eleanor runs her tongue over her teeth. "I'll be glad when this ban lifts."

Piper Anfini says, "Pits, when did I get this letter from Calipso."

Piper blinks.

You pay 160 gold sovereign and receive a small black ceramic cup full of hot rice wine.

You say, "Mail... from Calipso?"

Akaryuterra leans on the counter, "It isn't that tough ta be dry, is it?" He smirks at you.

You say, "It's not so tough for me, but the sales suffer."

Piper Anfini says, "I need to pay more attention to the post, I think. Mm. Mailed me an entire
conversation between her and the Chairwoman. Strumming up conflict, seemslike."

Piper Anfini says to you, "Yeah, I noticed you don't have the bottles anymore. Had to do with
whiskey."

You say, "Well."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "She's STILL tryin' ta stir up [SSSS]?"

You say, "I -do- still have them."

You say, "I do hope those lads don't come to blows."

You have emoted: Eleanor sniffs. "At least not where I can't spectate."

Akaryuterra looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Akaryuterra flashes you a devilish grin and then turns to survey the establishment.

You have emoted: Eleanor looks across to Akaryuterra, catching the grin at the last moment.

Sheepishly, Piper Anfini says, "I don't think they will. I mean.. Cannan's in a bit of a mood but
he's been like that for a few months. S'a.. yeah.. hm."

Piper lets out a cough into her right balled up fist. "S'complicated. Their talk ain't about that,
though."

Akaryuterra pauses and then leans his head to the side, asking Piper, "Is drunk a 'mood'?"

A stray, brightly colored wooden ball rolls by, helped along by the breeze.

"Ha! Yes. It can be if you're feeling sour enough." Piper chuckles. "Not saying it's a good one but
it right enough is."

Akaryuterra slips off his stool and sort of shuffles around the bar, nudging stools and chairs as he
passes, seemingly gauging how easily he might scoot them about. The feet of the various pieces of
furniture grind against the floor in protest.

You have emoted: Eleanor turns on her seat, watching Akaryuterra with idle interest- she seems
curious, but content to observe for now.

"Hm." The scraping sound has Piper looking directly at you. "How large is my tab here now, anyways.
I mean, here and the cafe."

You have emoted: Eleanor jerks a thumb at the tender. "You'd have to ask him, I'm far enough up the
management ladder that I don't see individual tabs anymore."

You say, "It's all ordering casks and finding missed deliveries and dealing with staff. I tell you,
with age comes bureaucracy."

Piper dips her fingers into the bag of roasted seeds, drawing a few out and popping them into her
mouth. A number, those of which do not collect in her lap, escape to skitter away along the floor.
"S'alright. Ain't that important. Just curious." Setting the bag down on the counter top, the
cigarette is moves to be held in place between her teeth as she lights it.

You have emoted: Eleanor sighs quietly and eyes the drink that she is, as yet, to touch. "At least
there's no ban on cigars," she mutters, retrieving her own.

You take a slender silver cigar from a small leather belt pouch.

Akaryuterra finally scoots a few stools aside into a small grouping, and then does the same with a
number of chairs. Lastly, he shoves some tables aside, leaving a sizable empty space in the center
of the establishment.

"Either of you got a tinderbox I can borrow?" Piper turns in her seat to look at you and Akaryuterra,
 her words mumbled around the unlit smoke.

Akaryuterra considers the space he has managed to clear, one hand rubbing at his chin.

You say, "I don't, but I'm sure the boys can produce a flame for you."

You have emoted: Eleanor tilts her head, eyeing Akaryuterra. "Speaking of," she adds, glancing at
the cleared space as well. "What's your game, boyo?"

Akaryuterra takes the cigarette, turns it around, and looks as though he is kissing the end of it.
In a moment, smoke rises and they offer it back to Piper.

Akaryuterra carefully lights a thin black cigarette.

Akaryuterra gives a lit thin black cigarette to Piper.

Raising the cigarette up as if toasting, Piper Anfini says to Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart,
 "Thanks, Commissar."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Sure."

Piper Anfini asks, "So, how're you both liking the guild being more noisy?"

Akaryuterra looks over to you and gives a shrug, "Ya mentioned a fight in a place ya could spectate.
My bar, right?"

You have emoted: Eleanor taps her cigar against her knuckles- it comes agreeably to life of its own
accord with the familiar magnesium-white glow. "I almost don't know what to do with it," she admits,
half-grinning.

Piper takes a long drag from a lit thin black cigarette.

You have emoted: Eleanor raises her eyebrows a little at Akaryuterra. "Well, it is," she reasons.
She pauses, glancing over it. "Intentional barfighting, eh?"

Piper opens her mouth to breath out a heavy cloud of smoke, turning her head away just before. "Keep
doing what you're doing now, I'd be saying. It's right interesting. Get us all knowing what to not
being saying and you won't be the only one doing lectures. Tiers of lectures depending on your
advancement, maybe. I don't pitting know." She inhales deeply before munching on a few more pumpkin
seeds, crunching them noisily while she continues to talk. "Made me hungry for peaches."

You start to wield a succulent peach in your right hand.

You quickly toss a succulent peach to Piper, who catches it nimbly.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Yeah, sure, why not?"

You say, "I do like to have a visual key. Though the fruit proved to be more of a distraction than a
boon, in practice. Ah well."

You say to Akaryuterra, "But who's going to fight?"

Akaryuterra flashes you that sharp-toothed grin again. "I mean, furniture can be made again, an' we
can make a few small rules, yeah? No abusin' the tables, or the participants WITH the tables."

Speaking up, Piper Anfini asks, "S'this about fighting?"

You have emoted: Eleanor grins as well, some cheer coming back to her expression, which had been a
little on the weary side.

Piper takes a long drag from a lit thin black cigarette.

Piper exhales an invigorating cloud of smoke, redolent with nutty scents.

Akaryuterra gestures out the door, "Well, she said that if they were gonna have a scrap they should
do it where we could watch. Here's a place ta watch." He gestures to the floor with both hands, "An'
if we need some more room I just push it all back ta the walls, make a bigger place ta sock it out."

Scratching her chin, you say, "I think she said they probably weren't having a fistfight, though.
But I suppose we could ask them to anyway?"

Akaryuterra shrugs helplessly.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Why not?"
Akaryuterra utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Your pose is now set as:
Eleanor is seated at the bar, elbows leant on it as she faces the clear space in the middle of the
room.

You say, "You're the commissar, you could order it."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Or we could just invite 'em ta the Monkey, an' Piper
c'n have the first round with whoever she wants."

Piper Anfini says, "Just give me my two drinks and I'll be rearing to go."

Akaryuterra crosses his arms, his grin hidden behind a carefully maintained smirk. His tail flicks
in a manner that could be considered upbeat, or even mildly excited. "See?"

Akaryuterra looks to you, "Is it manipulation if we offer Cannan a drink?"

Akaryuterra creases his brow in a frown.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Yes."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "I didn't ask you."

Akaryuterra waves his hand dismissively at the world, clearly demonstrating his boredom.

Piper Anfini says, "Cannan ain't keen into brawling since the Chairwoman had Arbre tear into him as
a lesson to be stronger."

You say, "Tch, with all that latent tension? He could use some work."

Piper Anfini smiles impishly and says, "Got any walls you need built?"

Akaryuterra ponders the situation.

Piper Anfini says, "Manual labor always helps."

Akaryuterra looks to Piper and cocks his head to the side, "An' here I thought ya had some euphemism
I never heard."

You sip from a small black ceramic cup full of hot rice wine, the drink prickling with warmth and
alcohol on the way down.

"I'm trying to stay away from innuendos, Commissar. Keeping it classy!" Piper laughs, pressing her
hand down on the counter. "Nah, if you wanted that, you got to get him into a place where people
ain't watching or hovering outside moping at the door."

You say, "Mmn. I wonder who's around who'd fight."

Akaryuterra shrugs. "I'll fight." With that said, he looks to you, "Hey, ya got any'a those gloves
handy?"

You have emoted: Eleanor runs her tongue over her teeth.

You say, "I might. Let me hop downstairs and see if there's any to be had."

[Elea pops downstairs and comes back up]

You say, "You're lucky."

You give a pair of black weighted-knuckle gloves to Akaryuterra.

You say, "In your size, and all."

You have emoted: Eleanor resumes her spot at the bar.

Akaryuterra's eyes light up with excitement, "Aww, [SSSS] yeah!" Taking the gloves with obvious
enthusiasm, he takes off his ylem gauntlet and replaces it with the gloves, tugging them on. Yanking
on each, he checks to make sure they're snug and then balls up his fists, bumping his knuckles
together.

(Cabalists): Aarbrok says, "Ill be back in the library if anyone needs me."

You have emoted: Eleanor beams despite herself. She appears to like that reaction.

(Cabalists): You say, "Aw, and not in the Monkey?"
(Cabalists): Aarbrok says, "...is that a request, I can arrange time for a drink."
(Cabalists): Aarbrok says, "I did not know there was a ....meeting."
(Cabalists): You say, "A drink and some fighting for my amusement, it seems."
(Cabalists): Anfini says, "I'll try to be there when I'm able. I'm just having a bit of an important
heart-to-heart."

Piper looks a bit distant as she watches you and Akaryuterra. "The pits are those things? Pillows
for your hands?"

(Cabalists): Aarbrok says, "Heart to heart, sounds....you have fun with that Doctor Anfini."
(Cabalists): Akaryuterra says, "You could have a fist-to-fist, they're good fer workin' out stress."
(Cabalists): Anfini says, "I'm being -nice-."
(Cabalists): Aarbrok says, "What fun is that."
(Cabalists): Piper says, "S'how the Doctor and I met, actually."
(Cabalists): Anfini says, "It has gotten a few lovely creatures into my pants, so it's pretty good."
(Cabalists): Piper says, "Grhgm."
(Cabalists): Anfini says, "S'true. You know I like a lady when we're -not- nice with one another."

Aarbrok walks in quietly, entering the chamber he removes his coat and hangs it upon a hook near the
door, "Aye...so it seems you lot are here."

Piper raises her hand up to Aarbrok, a cigarette hanging out the side of her mouth as she sits and
slouches against the counter.

Akaryuterra throws a lazy jab toward one of the walls, intentionally pointing himself away from the
other occupants of the bar.

You bring a slender silver cigar to your lips and take a long drag.
The smoke flows and shifts in your lungs like a fluid, prickles of coiling, invigorating energy
crackling through your chest.

You have emoted: Eleanor watches Akaryuterra contentedly, exhaling a thin stream of geometrically-
swirling smoke through her teeth.

You say, "'Course, if you're the one fighting first, you might be hampered by a lack of brave souls."

Aarbrok walks through the open space in the middle of the Monkey, casting an awkward glance to what
is seemingly a fight ready Akaryuterra, "So, what is this, a fisticuffs." he says.

You have emoted: Eleanor grins. "It seems like it might be, if anyone fancies a round."

Akaryuterra wanders over to the bar and leans in close, crooking a finger to beckon the keep over.

Aarbrok clenches a scaled fist, and the more slender fleshy one and eyes Akaryuterra curiously, "I...
I ain't never backed down from a chance to have the tar beat out of me." he admits.

Akaryuterra buys a heavy glass bottle full of black vodka.

Piper Anfini smiles impishly and says to Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent, "You're talking right funny
now, Comrade."

You say, "Celebratory bar-fight. I like it."

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says to Piper Anfini, "Better than smelling funny."

Akaryuterra buys a stout glass full of cream vodka.

Piper Anfini says to Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent, "Thankfully, I ain't afflicted with none of that
[SSSS]."

Piper drinks from a long-necked glass bottle full of Black Weasel breakfast beer.
Piper drinks from a long-necked glass bottle of Black Weasel breakfast beer.
Akaryuterra gives a heavy glass bottle to Aarbrok.

Aarbrok sips from a heavy glass bottle full of black vodka.
Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "The black, I do like this vodka."
Aarbrok licks his lips.

You say, "It's one of my favourites."

Piper Anfini says, "I'm more a stomt and beer woman. I still like vodka but I think that's because I
just really loved the first vodka contest that I stumbled on. Literally.. just stuhmbled into it."

Piper Anfini says, "Had too much vodka."

Aarbrok swills a bottle around by the neck, taking yet another drink and positioning himself across
the circle from Akaryuterra. Knocking back a third and fourth gulp he offers a sadistic snicker,
"You know that point where your nose tip gets just a bit numb, and you know those hits ain't gonna
feel so bad."

Akaryuterra swirls the liquid in his glass around briefly before peering into it, "Yeah, s'not bad I
guess. I'm not much've a drinkin' sort, but sometimes the mood hits." He throws back a swig from the
glass with little effort, but grimaces when the burn kicks in.

"Until you wake up the next morning surrounded by well wishing Comrades." Piper quips from her
barstool.

Akaryuterra drinks from a stout glass full of cream vodka.

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says to Piper Anfini, "My dear Piper, I got all those people already
here, I imagine I can be put back together again."

Akaryuterra drinks from a stout glass of cream vodka.

Aarbrok sips from a heavy glass bottle of black vodka.

"Hm, I ain't a very good tailor." Piper furrows her brow.

You say, "If you're going to do this, we'll rule fists-only. No numerology, it's terrible for the
furniture."

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "Very well."

Akaryuterra saunters to the bar and sets his drink down, turning about to return to the 'ring' a
moment later. "We got enough space," he asks, looking to the clusters of seperated stools, tables,
and chairs that gather nearby, as if spectating.

Akaryuterra drops a stout glass.

You say, "That depends on how lively you are, I suppose."

Aarbrok takes his armor, gauntlet and pin and places them upon a table off to the side. His body far
from impressive to that of Akaryuterra, his arms rather slender save for the scales making the left
one slightly bulkier than the other. His muscle mass though is rather non-existent, large hands
though, clenched into a rather hammer like fist.

Piper murmurs to you, "Think it's worth betting?"

Akaryuterra glances to the glass on the bar. "I'll be gettin' there in a few drinks. We'll start
here I guess." With that, he steps back to the invisble edge of the circle and begins preparing in a
similar fashion.

Reaching down and releasing the clasp with a click, Akaryuterra's weaponbelt sags and they remove it,
 snapping the clasp closed again afterward.

Piper Anfini exclaims, "Thousand gold on Akaryuterra!"

Piper Anfini says, "I meant, Aarbrok. Not the Commissar."
Piper coughs softly.

You have emoted: Eleanor chuckles. "I'd bet against you, but it's a bit biased to bet on my boys."

Turning back and facing Aarbrok, Ryotega calls over "Ya got any formal trainin' with fists?"
Akaryuterra licks their lips, looking at Aarbrok with obvious concern. "If not, say so."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Ah- just for the record, there's a bit of a fight on at the Monkey. Nothing
to generate any concern, though. All in good fun."

Piper Anfini asks you, "I'll switch? Thousand on the Commissar and you can get Aarbrok?"

(Spinesreach): Anfini says, "Explaining it that way has -precisely- the opposite effect."

(Spinesreach): You say, "I don't know, I imagine walking in on it midpoint would be more distressing."

Aarbrok places down his shield and narrows his eyes over towards Piper, turning back towards
Akaryuterra whom stands across the makeshift circle from him, "No, claws, decent enough slaps....
decent with a dagger." he muses, keeping the scaled fist clenched, "It has been years since I have
had a proper fist fight, Commissar."

(Spinesreach): Piper says, "Or entertaining!"
sayto piper I don't know, I'm content just to watch.
You say to Piper, "I don't know, I'm content just to watch."

Piper snaps her fingers.

Piper Anfini says, "Alright, next time."

Anfini arrives from the east.

"Behold!" Anfini exclaims, bursting into the establishment. He has nothing to offer except grandly
spread arms.

Akaryuterra gives a nod and adopts a fists-up fighting stance, leading with his right foot as he
shuffles in Aarbrok's direction.

Piper tilts her head back, inhaling sharply several times.

Realizing he has walked into a fight, Anfini confines himself to the edge of the room and skirts
around toward Piper.

You say, "Ah hah, and the good Doctor has arrived!"

"Silence, there is barbarism afoot," Anfini says.

You release the lungful of living smoke, and it roils and shifts as it escapes your lips, forming
strange, organic patterns in the air. Flickers of lightning dart and tumble through the cloud as it
disperses.

You say, "Best kind."

Aarbrok raises both hands before his face and darts side to side like a jackrabbit on kawhe, his
eyes studying Akaryuterra as he inches closer and closer.

Piper beckons to Anfini with two fingers curling inward towards her palms. The other hand is
outstretched and offering a full bottle.

You have emoted: Eleanor jerks a thumb toward the bar. "I may have asked the lads to allow the good
stuff for the occasion."

Piper drinks from a long-necked glass bottle with traces of Black Weasel breakfast beer.

Cannan arrives from the east.

"Hot damn," Anfini says, sniffing at Piper's bottle. "You know me so well. Now -this- is a fine way
to wind down the day." Since there's a battle going on, he doesn't seem shy about sitting atop a
table, his feet resting in a chair.

You see the following people here:
Ferrik, Aarbrok, Eleanor, Piper, Akaryuterra, Anfini, Cannan

As Aarbrok begins bouncing, the boys adopt a similar bounce. With much less horizontal movement,
they approach Aarbrok's rhythm, but fall just short of matching it. It's then that Akaryuterra
dashes in at Aarbrok, swinging a right hook in a wide, but low, arc toward his gut as he leaves the
ground, mid-bounce.

Cannan grunts and shoulders his way through the crowd, finding his way to Piper and taking a place
on the opposite side from Anfini. He cranes his neck to see over the heads that block his vision.
"So what's all this then?"

Piper tosses a long-necked glass bottle to Cannan, and he catches it nimbly.

You say, "Pull up a seat, it's a good old-fashioned fight."

"Watching a bar fight. I'm cheering for Aarbrok." Piper informs Cannan before cupping her hands over
her mouth and letting out an enthusiastic holler of encouragement.

You have emoted: Eleanor takes a short drag from her cigar, pinched between forefinger and thumb.
"Because my boys love me and they're putting on a show," she adds, sounding satisfied.

"Maghak's member, I don't have to fight, do I?" Anfini mutters, his eyes squared firmly on
Akaryuterra. In this context, his esteem for the Commissar is that of pure, nearly fearful respect.

Piper drinks from a long-necked glass bottle with traces of Black Weasel breakfast beer.

Cannan wrinkles his nose, looking down at the bottle, then back up at Piper. He looks behind him and
finds a table to hop up on, giving him a slightly better view. "Holy balls, Aarbrok's goin up
against THAT?" He points with his bottle to Akaryuterra. "He's built like a brick [SSSS] house!"

You release the lungful of living smoke, and it roils and shifts as it escapes your lips, forming
strange, organic patterns in the air. Flickers of lightning dart and tumble through the cloud as it
disperses.

Toz enters from the east following Moirean.

Moirean gracefully hops off of a big brown buffalo.
Moirean slaps a big brown buffalo on the rump and sends it cantering off.

Ferrik blinks.

You have emoted: "Four of them," Eleanor muses. "Stacked together."

Aarbrok is caught completely off guard by the swing, mid-air the fist connects and and throws him
back into a series of tables causing a horrid crash of his body against the wood, "[FFFF]...!" he
shouts out, pulling himself up quickly he wheezes and shakes his head, eying the much larger
Akaryuterra and charging in full speed aiming for the chin with a leaping hook.

Anfini scoots over, giving Cannan a bit of room atop the table, and begins to pull at his bottle...
before Moirean enters. He tucks it discreetly behind his back.

Ferrik trundles his way on in. Freezes as he eyes the large buffalo cantering off. No sooner does
the crocodile drop his pudgy frame down and starts scampering off after his prey.

You have emoted: Eleanor whoops, raising her cigar into the air as the fight really gets started.

Piper raises her arm up to hand her arm across Cannan's shoulder, her bottle in her hand as she
watches Aarbrok and Akaryuterra with a spectator's glee complete with bouncing in place and cheering
at both wrong and right moments.

As Moirean enters, she flashes Toz a wide smile, apparently oblivious to whatever booze and whatnot
might be floating around the room. Instead, she merely beams, happily telling him, "Love! Look! A
place to smash people. See, I told you I'd show you a good time."

Toz's whip tucks away, shield remaining out as he takes a half-step near Moirean, his tower shield
held up slightly as he watches the fighting pair. "Aye, Commander," he agrees quietly, talons
curling into the floor as if bracing. "We should likely move from the doorway in case they decide to
go outside."

Akaryuterra thrusts his arms down and crosses his wrists as the Aarbrok launches the blow upward,
blocking the strike with the scissor joint formed by his arms. Once he does, he thrusts them both
forward in unison, toward Aarbrok's chest.

Moirean seems unconcerned with potential spillover and merely skips sideways, barely avoiding the
crocodile as he barrels out after her mount. She tugs on Toz's arm, pulling him towards the bar.

You see Moirean yell, "Quartermaster, there is an entire STABLE FULL. I will not be happy if my
mount goes missing!"

You see Anfini yell, "But just think how delicious he'd taste with a dash of pepper!"

Moirean stares implacably at Anfini.

With a faint whine, Moirean Seirath says to Dr. J. R. Anfini, "Doctor, you are NOT helping."

Grumbling and muttering as he enters with a slow swaying tred, Ferrik trudges back in wearing a
droopy frown and narrowed gaze.

Toz lets Moirean pull him along, shield sliding away once she starts moving again, following after
her, though he keeps watching the fight from the corner of his eyes.

"I'm helping so mu- oh! Yes! Rip his goddamned HEAD OFF!" Anfini bolts up from his seat, standing on
the chair that was serving as his footstool. He pumps his fists in the air, the fight getting his
blood hot.

Cannan tilts his head back and takes a long pull from his bottle and shakes his head, grimacing.
"Aarbrok's gonna get his [SSSS] pushed in by the big [FFFF]er. I don't know what he's doin out there.
Seems like he doesn't either." He turns to Piper. "'Ey doll, we got any money ridin on this thing?"

Moirean stops in front of the bar, flashing a smile of greeting to the Spireans before she turns
back to Toz, eyes widening in a silent stare. She glances over to the bar, sizing up its height.
Back to Toz. Rises up onto her tip-toes and executes a slight hop.

Still somewhat sullen, Ferrik interlocks his claws back and forth. Darting eyes come to a rest as he
notices the ongoing scuffle. "Oh someone's lunch sovereigns were stolen?" he mumbles in question,
quirking a brow ridge.

Piper continues her lean against Cannan even as Anfini absolute erupts next to her, her eyes opening
widely as he begins to holler almost as loudly as she'd previously done. Not to be undermined,
bounces in place a bit and all but curses encouraging profanities that make little to no sense. The
string sounds like something you'd hear from a gutter rat egging on a friend in a fight.

With a toothy grin, Piper Anfini exclaims to Cannan Flyer, "Not this match!"

Anfini drinks from a long-necked glass bottle full of Black Weasel breakfast beer.

You have emoted: Eleanor looks over at Cannan. "I didn't fancy betting against her, seemed biased to
put gold on my boys."

Piper Anfini smiles impishly and says to Cannan Flyer, "I was going to put one thousand down on
Aarbrok."

Aarbrok is easily pummeled by the imposing bulk of Akaryuterra, the force of movement of his own
leap for the mans chin stopped abruptly it gives him little time to react sending him to the ground
just as fast as he had lifted himself back off it. With a furious kick of his legs he scuttles
across the floor across the circle in a rather shameless display of escape until he has made
suitable distance, pulling himself back upright, "Ain..." he tries to speak in deep breathy pants
and shakes his head, wiping his face and focusing back on Akaryuterra.

Cannan snorts and takes another pull then glances at Ferrik. "Hey, hey doc!" He waves his hands
erratically, trying to get Ferrik's attention. "You there. You know enough numbers to play bookie,
mate?"

Toz's expression remains neutral, dutifully moving to Moirean and scooping her up, planting Moirean
back down atop the bartop. He eyes the spot beside her for a moment before deciding against it, his
back coming to rest against it as he settles in alongside Moirean. He suggests to Moirean, "Perhaps
I should take up hand-to-hand combat. Grappling is an option, but not always practical."

"He ain't no book, Comrade. Lookit him! He look like no book to me." Piper mumbles out loud.

Akaryuterra bends his knees a little and dampens the bounce he had previously adopted to match
Aarbrok. His hands drop and he gives Aarbrok a somewhat worried glance, taking a half-step back to
give him a moment to compose himself.

Anfini calls loudly into his cupped hand: nothing pleasant or gentlemanly, all bloody oaths of
violence and glory. Lots of 'hroaghs' peppered in for patriotic effect. He's so excited by the fight
he's sweating, and he makes absolutely no hint as to who he's rooting for.

Moirean happily wiggles her bum back and forth as she settles into her perch atop the bar, feet idly
swinging back and forth. Each lazy swing somehow manages to kick right into Toz's arm, although the
Imp seems rather oblivious to this, her attention focused on the fighting in the middle of the bar.
"You'd be good at it," she replies to Toz in distraction. "Would almost be unfair."

Cannan blinks and stares openly at Piper, as if she's grown a second head. "N-no...Pipes...booKIE...
" He lets out a sharp breath, deflating, then leans over and kisses her directly on the lips. "Don't
worry your head over it doll. I'll double whatcha got on Aarbrok." He turns back to the fight and
screams. "You hear that you lanky good-fer-nothin [FFFF]?!? You better not lose me my money or I'll
have to drink TWICE as hard to ferget it!"

(Cabalists): Anfini says, "Good-for-nothing, he says!"
(An OOC clan): Didi says, "Fairy princess."

Aarbrok seems to have shaken it off at this point and begins circling around Akaryuterra, his paces
slow and measured as he sizes up the obviously larger and more experienced opponent he darts quickly
in then back out in his circling, not making any sudden or solid movements.

(Cabalists): Anfini says, "I think he's volunteering to go next!"

(Cabalists): Piper says, "Ahahaha!"

Moirean suddenly lets out a little cheer, arms waving. "Punch his face in!" she cries out. Who knows
who she's cheering for. Maybe just a generic cry for violence in general.

You have emoted: Eleanor glances sideways at Moirean and Toz. "Maybe your man should try his hand
next," she suggests, betraying the eaves she'd been dropping.

Akaryuterra maintains his position and brings his fists up, keeping his gaze locked on Aarbrok. If
he even notices the shouts of the onlookers, he makes no show of it. With each dart inward that
Aarbrok makes, he lifts his hands just a little, looking ready to defend his head.

Moirean's focus blinks back to Toz. She pokes rapidly at his arm and gives the sleeve of his shirt
an incessant tug. "Hey Toz," she starts. "Hey Toz hey Toz hey Toz hey Toz. I have a great idea."

(Cabalists): Cannan says, "...wait what's that now?"

(Cabalists): Cannan says, "Like I said, brick. [SSSS]. House."

"How the pits am I supposed to know that a bookie ain't a book..." Piper grumbles at Cannan, her
voice low enough before she continues to join in the cheering. Extending her pinky and fourth finger,
 the rest holding her bottle firmly in her hand, the woman reaches over to the opposite side and
begins to poke Anfini on the inside of his knee, prodding at the soft skin hiding beneath his
ridiculous hosen.

"Just bloody standing there," Anfini mutters, frowning in Akaryuterra's direction. "I'd pull the old
Syssin on him - between his legs, get him in the back with a good strike to the spine..."

Aarbrok acknowledges the opening as he darts in and goes forward with a furious shout, his voice
converts into a feral sounding howl as he lunges forward with a fist for the abdomen of Akaryuterra.

Anfini goes "Herk!" and jerks his knee, twisting in place to glare down at Piper. "Woman!"

Toz sighs and looks to Moirean. "Is this something I have a choice in?" he asks Moirean, point-blank.
 "Because truthfully, I'm not sure I would be allowed a hammer, knife, halberd or flail. Which does
somewhat limit my options."

Proudly, as if in sudden revelation, Moirean Seirath says to Ser Toz the Hammer, "YOU should try
YOUR hand, next!"

Things apparently already decided, Moirean smile widens and she turns back to watch the fight,
resuming her casual leg swinging-slash-Toz kicking.

As soon as Aarbrok makes his lunge, Akaryuterra springs into action. His hand doesn't go to his head,
 but instead he shifts his stance to his left foot and leans his body slightly, giving Aarbrok an
open, glancing, blow at his side. As his arm drops and hooks, Akaryuterra is stepping forward and
pulling his arm against his side, clutching Aarbrok's forearm against his scaled hide. Now that he
has the considerably smaller and more springy Idreth, he cocks back a hammer fist and threatens to
drop it, with Aarbrok held fast. At the moment, he stops, freezing as he looks down at Aarbrok,
affording the man a split second to make a decision to continue, or stop here.

You have emoted: Eleanor gives a broad, ferocious grin. "That would've been it!" She decides aloud,
raising up somewhat against the bar to see over the swell of onlookers.

Rallying out very, very loudly, Piper Anfini exclaims to Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent, "Keep at it,
Comrade! Get him!"

Anfini actually leaps into the air, expecting the blow to come. When it doesn't, he whoops at the
fighters, an uncharacteristic barbaric joy on his face. "Come on! Don't pull back now! He won't get
any uglier!"

Aarbrok acts impulsively in the short window and tries to sweep the Idreth's legs in defense, but it
is too late. His fate is legitimately sealed as his futile attempt only offers him the same afford
as one trying to chop down an aalen redwood with a club.

Cannan throws his free hand out and pushes the bottle in his other against his forehead, squeezing
his eyes shut in agony. "By gods he's gettin KILLED in there! Someone bloody throw a punch and end
our suffering!"

Piper pantomimes a sloooooow punch coming at Cannan, painfully obvious.

Moirean decisively sticks her hand out, thumb extended. With a loud raspberry, she turns her arm so
the thumb points very clearly down towards the floor.

Piper Anfini smiles impishly and says to you, "I'm volunteering Janus for the next fight."

Cannan snickers drunkenly and pretends to take the punch on the chin, making an exaggerated, pained
face as he falls back. He overbalances a bit too far though and goes sprawling against the table. He
scrambles up and takes another drink, as if the poison in the bottle will steady him.

You have emoted: Eleanor gives Piper a suspicious look, then glances toward Anfini. "You sure that's
wise?"

The moment Aarbrok's kick lands, time resumes for Akaryuterra and his fist comes down hard on
Aarbrok's shoulder. Without hesitation, the Xoran pulls back, his elbow jutting back behind him
before his arm hooks low, pistoning toward his side. Akaryuterra's stance is rooted to maintain his
footing, as Aarbrok tugs at his balance.

Anfini's throat pulses with each chug of beer he takes from his bottle. It takes a full four seconds
before he explodes with a "WHAT?" and looks at Piper as if wounded. "Piper! I'm no barbarian! I'm a
man of the mind!"

Loudly, Moirean Seirath says to Dr. J. R. Anfini, "Then you won't MIND going next!"

"Man can handle himself. He's a solidly built.. chap." Piper fondly pats Anfini on the leg. "If not
this then another one soon. I want to see him battle in that flipping wig of his."

Piper murmurs something softly to Cannan.
Aarbrok recoils with the blow, groaning in defeat loudly, "I ...I yield!" he smears across the
wooden floor writhing in pain, "I..You WIN!"

Using a tone usually reserved for particularly unruly hounds, Toz asks with a cut towards Anfini,
"Are you insinuating that I am a barbarian? That seems an unfortunate suggestion to make."

Cannan waves his hands angrily at Anfini. "The pits, mate? You look like could scrap right fine,
ain't it? It ain't bloody brain surgery. We been doin it since before written history." He stares at
Anfini openly now. "You HAVE been in a fight before ain'tcha?"

You have emoted: Eleanor throws a fist up in the air, whooping with the rest of the crowd as a mixed
roar of glee and upset erupts in response to the yield.

Anfini crosses his arms, turning up his nose at Toz. "You can interpret it any way you like. I'm
only -saying- I don't sully myself with something so base and vulgar as fisti... cu--" Caught off-
guard by Cannan, he suddenly protests, "Look, we're- we're missing the Commissar's victory!"

Cupping his hands, Dr. J. R. Anfini exclaims, "What a skirmish! The mountain of reptilian muscle is
victorious!"

Aarbrok slides himself against a chair near the side of the circle in the room, panting to himself
trying to catch his breath.

Moirean's raspberry gets louder at the yielding, but her thumbs-down turns into a loud slap as she
claps her hand on her thigh. She flashes Toz a wink, her kicking against the bar (and Toz) getting
more excited.

Cannan snorts, the look on his face as much disappointed as it is surprised. He looks back to Piper.
"That's like findin out Iron Beard ain't real. He seriously ain't never been in a real scrap
before?"

The moment Aarbrok yields, Akaryuterra unfurls his fingers, breaking his balled fists as he spreads
his arms wide, making a show of 'disarming'.

Toz raises up to his full height, wings stretching out to their full length behind him for a moment
before they neatly tuck in once more. To Anfini, he poses, "You enjoy watching fights, yet call them
vulgar? I simply wish to offer you the chance to watch a fight. From a very good vantage point."

Moirean lets out a low, "Oooooh," as the verbal gauntlet is smacked down.

You have emoted: Eleanor cheers again- the swell of the crowd moves inward, many claps on the
shoulder being delivered to Akaryuterra for those game to come near, and half-drunken words of
consolation and-or jeering for Aarbrok.
[/spoiler]

AarbrokSetnePiperLinCannan

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited March 2014
    Round Two: Anfini vs Toz!
    [spoiler]

Anfini hops down from the table and takes another swig of beer, glowering at Toz over the bottle.
    "You know what? Alright. Alright. I'll show you. I'll out-think- you. I'm a bloody Numerologist."
    "Nah, he's a right brawler. S'how he and I met. He ticked me off over a beer and we was arguing so I
    punched him. Then I broke up the tavern a bit and now I got a tab with the Conduit..still paying it
    off." Piper rubs at the back of her neck before tilting her head towards the fight. "Congratulations,
     Commissar!"

You say, "Here, now, we do have some rules!"

You have emoted: Eleanor is abruptly standing on the bar, audible and visible over the hubbub.
    "Those who are fighting, we appreciate our establishment in one piece! No biting, no eye poking, no
    guild arts! Fists, my friends!"

Cannan Flyer says to Dr. J. R. Anfini, "Uh. You know he'd crush you like a six pack right mate?"

Aarbrok puts his head down for a moment before slowly lifting himself into the chair. WIth a turn of
    his head he looks over towards Akaryuterra, then towards the crowd assembled hanging his head in
    defeat shortly after.

You have emoted: Eleanor points down into the crowd. "Aarbrok! I'm buying you a drink, get over
    here!"

Akaryuterra finally opens his eyes to the crowd that has gathered and immediately looks a little
    pale, his cheeks turning a strangely pallid color. "Oh, ah. Thank you." He smiles sheepishly and
    takes a moment to bow. After that, he quickly makes his way from the circle, in Aarbrok's direction.

Piper Anfini says to Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent, "Nice one, Comrade. Good fight!"

Thin-lipped, Anfini continues glaring at Toz, trying to psych him out somehow, which is a bit like a
    rabbit trying to intimidate a rhinoceros. Aside to Cannan, he says, "Don't tell me you only fight if
    you're sure you can win, boy."

Aarbrok groans and looks back up towards you, "I..need a few if I can please, Conduit." he says with
    a hint of exhaustion, "Just...a few minutes."

Anfini drinks from a long-necked glass bottle of Black Weasel breakfast beer.

Cannan takes another large swig of his bottle and shrugs his shoulders. "I never said any such thing,
     but I don't see the point in gettin my pretty features wrecked by a cinder block with a face
    neither. You need someone more yer size."

Toz glances down to his hand, which was already starting to coat itself in a layer of thick rock.
    your admonishment has the earthen effect wear off, the dust neatly dispersing through the door.
    There's a pause, and he starts to unload his equipment onto the bartop beside Moirean - all three
    hammers, two halberds, flail, tower shield, dirk, whip, and armor. After a moment of thought, he
    likewise removes dark sun glasses, setting them gently atop his scalemail before leaning over to
    peck Moirean on the cheek and step towards the center-ish of the bar.

You have emoted: Eleanor eyes Aarbrok, frowning a little with concern. "You need any mending on
    anything?" Her voice is lowered at least a little from the boisterous crowd-controlling levels it
    had been.

Cackling, Piper Anfini asks Cannan Flyer, "I'll fight you sometime. Think you can handle me?"

Anfini pulls a cascading wig of silvery curls from his head. His actual hair is even whiter, short
    and spiky. He hands it to Piper.

(Spirean Hunters): Toz says, "Thank God he took his wig off. I might get to live after all."

Aarbrok shakes his head towards you and offers a point towards the bottle he has left atop the table
    pre-fight.

(Spirean Hunters): Anfini says, "You don't understand."
    (Spirean Hunters): Anfini says, "It's a weighted training wig."

Cannan wrinkles his nose and grins widely, showing every one of his teeth. "You and I been round and
    round enough pretty woman. And you still hit like a girl."

"Hold on to this, darlin'," Anfini says, removing his coat as well, rolling up the sleeves of his
    shirt. Though solidly built, he is still maybe a third of Toz's size - furthermore, much of his left
    arm seems to be missing, held in place with a delicate-looking metal mesh.

Anfini removes a formal, decorated red coat.

Piper grimaces at the fanciful, foppish thing in her arms. "Right.. you uh.. knock 'em dead, Romy."
    Having said that, she reaches up and makes an attempt to get her mass of hair under the wig, all the
    curls (natural and not) consuming her shoulders and looking ridiculous.

Anfini gives a cascading wig of silvery curls to Piper.

Piper bows her head and dons her wig, giving it a twist here and there to ensure it sits perfectly.

Moirean lets out a snort. "Pretty," she echoes, rolling her eyes at Cannan, before she looks back to
    Toz eagerly, her form visibly shrinking in comparison to the mountain of equipment being stacked
    beside her. Gathering up the scalemail into her arms, she goes a bit breathless, a rather tender
    look crossing her face for a heartbeat as she watches Toz stride away for the "battle" before her
    face widens into a broad grin. "Teach him how it's done," she hollers out.

Akaryuterra sidesteps to enter Aarbrok's field of vision from the side, at a few arm's length away.
    As soon as he is satisfied he isn't going to startle the man, he slowly offers his hand. "Don't pay
    attention ta the people jeerin' ya, they're standin' at the sidelines 'cause they didn't have the
    balls ta try. Ya tried even though ya prob'ly thought ya'd get pummeled. S'brave."

Cannan Flyer says to Akaryuterra, "Yeah well I'd have a go, but there ain't gonna be nothin left of
    the doctor when Toz is done, so..."

Cannan rolls his eyes.

Piper hoist herself up onto the table and rests her elbow on the curve of Cannan's shoulder, her
    blue eyes sparkling as she all but devours Anfini visually. There is nothing tender about the look
    she gives Anfini, it instead being several notches above piercing.

Anfini turns on his heel and kisses his fist, poking it in the air at Piper with a wink. Puffed up
    and full of bravado, he saunters toward Toz, taking a space for himself in the center of the bar.

Toz simply sighs and shakes his head after a glance towards Moirean. Then, talons digging into the
    ground as if to brace, he raises his hands up. Claws towards Anfini, his right hand positions itself
    a few inches forward from his right cheek, left a few inches ahead of his shoulder, as if preparing
    to catch some great weight, form visibly tensing and legs coiling as he waits for Anfini.

He is a powerful Azudim. Statuesque, he is of distinctly brawny build and rather tall. Slate grey,
    his skin has a distinctly leathery texture to it, rough and calloused. His hair is raven black, worn
    short and slicked back. His right ear ends in a sharp point, the tip of the left has been blunted by
    a bite, the tip missing. His eyes are small and beady, colored an icy blue. Standing in contrast to
    his large, blocky jaw, his thin lips conceal a row of dangerously sharp teeth. Digitigrade feet hold
    up his form, each ending in a three-taloned foot. From his back sprouts two leathery wings - each
    jointed to allow them to fold the patagium against his back when not in use, safely out of harm's
    way. Sinuously extending behind him is a thick tail, the tip broadening into a leaf-headed point. He
    walks with the blessing of Maghak.
                              (around the neck) : a sulfurous amulet
                               (over the torso) : a tabard of the Shadow Keep
                             (worn on a finger) : 4 silver rings
                             (around the waist) : a gray, quarter-cuirass armoured bandolier
                        (worn with quiet pride) : a simple, stalwart wedding band
                      (aloofly hiding the eyes) : dark sun glasses
                             (worn on the legs) : black leather soldier's pants
                           (covering the torso) : a Carnifex recruit's black leather shirt
                            (covering the body) : a Carnifex's side-buttoning black wool longcoat
                              (around the neck) : an invigorating hardy entwined grisly necklace of fa..
                             (worn on a finger) : a Celestine ring engraved with the Seirath crest of ..
                             (worn on the back) : an ivory, gilt-trimmed pack
                              (around the neck) : a white crystal amulet
                              (around the neck) : a red crystal amulet
                            (covering the body) : a suit of scale mail
                             (worn on the back) : a tower shield
                             (worn on a finger) : a golden ring of electricity

[Moi's ents freak out]

Teani enters from the east, riding a cloven-hoofed strider.

[Enormous ent spam]

Evening Sky, Teani Fiadhaich says, "Hey hey."

"Heh heh heh," Eugenides chuckles.

Moirean stares implacably at Moirean.

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "Thats one way to win."

Moirean's doppleganger covers its mouth with ethereal hands, skipping across the bar as it shakes
    with silent giggles.

Moirean rolls her eyes.

"Warning you, mate, I'm a killer," Anfini says, probably only barely loud enough for anyone who
    isn't Toz to hear. He shuffles his feet, putting up his dukes, bobbing on the balls of his expensive
    and shiny shoes, putting up a boxer's front. "Traded blows with Exodus Qunmai himself. That's right.
    I've got tiger's blood."

Eugenides slides off the bar away from the skipping doppleganger, Incase it decides to attack again.

Teani looks between the doppleganger and Moirean, appearing a bit confused for a moment, then rolls
    her eyes. "Just walking by outside and suddenly I'm set on fire. Quite a welcome!"

With a shrug, Moirean Seirath says to Evening Sky, Teani Fiadhaich, "That's Spinesreach for ya."

You have emoted: Eleanor grins broadly. "Welcome to the Brass Monkey!"

"Oi, shh and take a seat." Piper waves her hand at Teani before gesturing towards a seat. "Can't
    just WALK into a fight club in Spinesreach and expect to be pristine."

Aarbrok raises his hand towards Akaryuterra and returns the shake, nodding politely towards the
    Idreth and stating quietly, "Thank you for the fight Commissar."

Aarbrok raises his bottle in response from the other hand.

Piper's words get Moirean even more pumped up for the next bout. "Fight! Fight!" she begins to
    chant, the backs of her heels hitting the front of the bar with each swing of her legs.

Akaryuterra shakes Aarbrok's hand firmly and turns to rest his backside on the bar, reaching out to
    feel around for his glass as he watches the fight.

Teani moves over to Piper's side. "I wasn't walking -in- here though. I was passing outside!" she
    counters, looking at the faces around her.

Akaryuterra picks up a stout glass.

[Cannan QQ]

As Cannan leaves, Piper adjusts her position to stand on the table in her high heels, that silvery
    curled wig piled high on her head as she boisterously begins to cheer on her husband with both of
    her arms upraised. "Get him, Romy! Knock his top off! Blind him with your fists!"

Toz straightens up at the claim, his guard appearing to drop momentarily - though anyone observing
    closely would note he's still wound tight as a spring. To Anfini, in an even tone, "I hurled a
    hammer at a God enough to stagger Them. I trained Ser Barda and Ser Xenia and had them slaying
    Enorians within two months both alone and as a pair. You will need to boast harder than that to even
    scratch the surface of my ego, Comrade," he advises Anfini, his tail giving a faint twitch at Anfini,
     beckoning him on.

Piper drinks the last drops from a long-necked glass bottle with traces of Black Weasel breakfast
    beer.

Aarbrok sips from a heavy glass bottle of black vodka.

"I snuffed out the Great Spark with a magic trick!" Anfini counters. Shifting his weight from one
    side to the other, he throws false jabs, making whiffing noises with each one, muttering things like
    'put 'em up, put 'em up'. "I sat in Maghak's throne and -lived-, I... I was in House Ve'kahi when it
    was GOOD!" With this last boast as his battle cry, the Doctor springs forward, putting himself
    within arm's reach (his arms, not Toz's), and lets fly with a swift combination of hooks.

Teani tugs at Piper to get her attention, then tilts her head up to whisper to the woman.

Piper leans over to listen to Teani, the curls of the wig trailing over her shoulders to land in her
    face. "What? Can- oh! Alright!" She might have been a bit deaf from all the voice, her hand waving
    goodbye to Teani while her eyes don't quite ever leave the sight of her husband's backside.

Toz seems to have been waiting for that - or at least, something close to that. As Anfini swings out
    in a series of hooks, he doesn't bother with blocking or even trying to avoid them. Instead, head
    ducking some in an attempt to endure whatever may land, his arms piston out even as his coiled legs
    propel him forwards as he tries to snag hold of Anfini by whatever he can reach - aiming for his
    shoulder and Anfini's hair with his outstretched claws.

Teani slips through the crowd, careful to keep well out of the way of those fighting before exiting
    the establishment.
    Teani leaves to the east, riding a cloven-hoofed strider.

"To the ground!" Moirean whoops. "About TIME a Carnifex used grappling!"

You have emoted: Eleanor rises back to standing on the bar, shouting along with the rest of the
    crowd, which has gotten even rowdier with the impending brutality.

Piper buys a long-necked glass bottle full of Black Weasel breakfast beer.

Your pose is now set to:
    Eleanor is perched on the bar, cheering and whooping at the ongoing fight.

Piper drinks from a long-necked glass bottle full of Black Weasel breakfast beer.

Screaming, Piper Anfini exclaims to Dr. J. R. Anfini, "Don't let him rip out your pitting hair! You
    got little of that as it is! Kick him in the kneecaps!"

Merelii snickers under her breath.

Anfini's fists smack Toz's arm with heavy meat-packing sounds! He's already sweating before the
    fight has begun, droplets flying from his arms. For all the effect his punches make, he is scarcely
    afforded time to rethink his approach or reevaluate his life's choices. The Carnifex gets a firm
    grip on his shoulder and head, setting him halfway off balance. "Whoop-- fight fair, you bastard!"
    he shouts, throwing his arm wildly at Toz, a sort of last-ditch flail.

Moirean merely lets out a loud whistle, eying Toz appreciately.

Akaryuterra winces before the next blow falls on Anfini, anticipating something in the way of the
    Carnifex's trademark brutality to fall upon him.

Merelii shakes her head, turning on her heal and walking out the door of the Monkey quietly.

Merelii leaves to the east.

Piper's hand slaps over her mouth and she quietly (strangely so) watches the fight with a mix part
    of amusement and horror.

Toz's arm absorbs the blow, a faint grunt noting the strike even as his momentum carries him onwards,
     larger body barreling towards Anfini at full tilt. "Fair is the refuge of the weak," he growls out
    firmly, grip on Anfini's shoulder tightening while the one in Anfini's hair shifts to press against
    his face, shoving back as he lowers a shoulder, butting it against Anfini, bringing as much of his
    weight against the man as he can manage all at once, clearly trying to knock him from his feet.

Aarbrok finally has some spunk back in him and as he looks up and realizes who is fighting he
    shudders for a moment, "..the [FFFF] is the Doctor doing." he mutters taking a drink from his bottle
    and sitting there dumbfounded.

Snorting casually, Moirean Seirath says to Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent, "Pfft. The hammer and I do
    this every weekend. Doctor has nothing to worry about."

You have emoted: Eleanor reaches out, steadying herself against Akaryuterra's horns without so much
    as a by-your-leave. The crowd below seems split- some are bloodthirstily cheering for the Doctor's
    destruction, and some are less approving, howling about fair fights and decent play. Not that it
    would be terribly easy to balance this one into a state approaching 'fair', but the sentiment exists
    at least.

The Doctor is collapsing like a burlap sack, standing up to Toz's weight and strength about as well
    as a bundle of twigs under a lead block. "Fair can be really ni--" is the last thing Anfini wheezes
    out before he hits the floor.

Ferrik waddles his way on in, wobbling as he mingles with the crowd, "Woops, woah sorry, 'scuse me!
    Ferrik coming through!" he mumbles excuses as he bumps and nudges people on accident (or perhaps
    not). "Educational purposes!" he remarks in an attempt at redemption. Upon which, the reptilian
    promptly lifts his top hat. A young crocodile hatchling is revealed to be bundled up there, complete
    with a mini version of a top hat, as it springs to life. Nimbly, the little one skitters down the
    man's snout. The top hat is put back in place with a deft scoot and the youngling takes up the crown
    as its new seat, straining to see the fight. "See! Like that." Ferrik points out, indicating Toz. A
    muted squeak acknowledging him. "...aaand not like that." he follows up, talon turning to Anfini.

The squeal of metal against wood sounds out sharply - some of the brasswork in Anfini's arm has come
    loose, splayed out like torn jute.

Hopping off the table and crouching down to collect and loose bits from Anfini's arm, Piper Anfini
    says, "Pits.. got to get my tools.. and.."

Piper murmurs something softly to Anfini.

Toz's knee thuds down heavily beside Anfini as his momentum carries him forward, perhaps a near miss
    from the man's groin. His hand remains in place on Anfini's face, helping to balance his weight in
    what is probably not very comfortable manner for the victim. As the metal in Anfini's arm breaks, he
    blinks and takes a small shove up with the hand not on Anfini's face, rising up to his full height
    once more, or at least attempting to, seeming to have no interest in continuing the fight.

Noelle tells you, "Is your husband next, miss adjutant, or did I miss that part?"

You tell Noelle, "He's already gone one round, but he could probably go another. Depends who's
    fighting."

Moirean suddenly blurts out, "Now kiss!" She frowns, shakes her head and then quickly corrects. "No,
    wait!"

Piper stares implacably at Moirean.

Moirean Seirath says to Piper Anfini, "That's what WE do when we get to that part."

Noelle snickers under her breath.

You have emoted: Eleanor grins down at Akaryuterra.

Aarbrok considers the physiology of Moirean and Toz and grimaces as the thought, focusing back on
    his bottle and yet another drink.

Frowning, Piper Anfini says to Moirean Seirath, "I -told- you! No weekend activities with my
    husband!"

Frowning in confusion, Moirean Seirath says to Piper Anfini, "Wouldn't want to! I have my own!"

"Can someone get a glass of water or something for the man? I mean.. toss it on him or something?"
    Piper gestures towards Anfini.

Moirean proudly points across the bar at Toz.

The ringing clang of some relentless forger's hammer sings out through the air.

Piper Anfini smiles impishly and says to Moirean Seirath, "I'm just joshing you, woman."

Akaryuterra glances up with just his eyes, making no motion to destabilize you with a turn of his
    head. The corners of his lips turn up into a fond smile before his attention is on the fight again.

Anfini groans roughly in pain, twisting onto his side. Through the breach, his triceps bulge and
    distend, splitting and reaching out with intestinal tendrils and veiny membrane, spilling in a sort
    of slow-motion waterfall. This concerns the Doctor as much as a skinned elbow. Hurling himself
    shakily to one knee, he shouts, "Fair is the refuge of the weak!" and leaps to his feet, cupping his
    hand just before Toz's face. In his palm, the air quivers and vibrates - a singularity!

Aarbrok opens his mouth but says nothing.

Eugenides claps his hands together merrily.

Moirean lets out an enthusiastic squeak, dropping the scalemail in her lap with a clatter as she
    joins Piper in standing on the bar. "BOOM!" she heartily agrees at the trick, smashing her hands
    together in happy approval.

[Aarbrok chugs the entire bottle]
    Aarbrok sips the last drops from a heavy glass bottle with traces of black vodka.

Akaryuterra's eyes go wide, "Oh [SSSS]." He takes a swig and hastily sets his glass down- which
    promptly spills over the counter top.

Aarbrok drops a heavy glass bottle.

You have emoted: Eleanor's eyebrows shoot up, her expression dropping a few notches into 'serious'.
    There are howls of "FOUL!" and other cries for disqualification from the crowd, and a number of
    onlookers jump back, scrambling over their comrades to get away from the singularity.

"Now imagine -that-.." Ferrik emphasizes, eyes crossing to look at his brood, "..with claaaws!" as
    he lifts his own and wiggles their talons in front of the tyke. Something of a high-pitched gurgling
    forms an answer, the little crocodile claps its tiny claws enthusiastically, holding them out and
    moving their minuscule nails. "Oh that.. by the way." dryly comments, nodding towards the ball of
    light in Anfini's hand, "..is bad." he explains to his child.

Aarbrok cant even budge right now, in his last minute attempt he slams the entire bottle of vodka
    and just sits there, watching.

"That pitting bastard..." Piper almost sounds pleased from her vantage down on the floor, brass in
    one hand and bottle in the other.

Toz's head tilts at Anfini as he lunges towards him. Within one of his palms, Toz's soulstone
    appears and there's a clear flicker - souls screaming up from the stone, they plunge into his chest.
    His eyes glow and he seems to swell with some sort of power that lasts for a brief moment before it
    sinks within him save for a faint sheen that overlays the entirety of his form. Calmly waiting for
    the blow to land, he suggests to Anfini, "You should prepare another."

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says to Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart, "You may have to do some
    remodeling."

Anfini's breathe is drawn from his lungs, all at once, in a long, shivery sigh, his face going pale.
    Leering away from Toz in a sort of stunned silence, he abruptly raises his fist, pumps it into the
    air, and proclaims, "Toz... wins!"

Moirean lets out a loud scream, cheering wildly for Toz. She seems to have forgotten entirely about
    the singularity.

Akaryuterra throws up his hands in hearty applause, "Surprise ending!"

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "What...a twist."

A beam of prismatic light suddenly shoots into the room.

Piper also throws her hands up in the air and begins to cheer and scream loudly.

Eugenides nods his head emphatically.

Anfini stumbles toward Piper, clutching his arm, more or less clutching the bizarre viscera to his
    side, since he's well past the point of containing it - thankfully it has stopped pouring from the
    open wound. "See that," he whispers to her, "I got a few good hits in..."

Akaryuterra calls over to Anfini, "Here I thought ya were gonna be stubborn an' get yerself pummeled
    to a pulp!" As an afterthought, he adds, pointing to the arm, "That don't count as pulp either."

Toz relaxes only once Anfini is entirely away, a slow exhale escaping as the soulstone re-melds with
    his form. There's a pause, and he glances around the room, then turns to make his way back towards
    Moirean. Reaching the bar, he wordlessly begins to strap his equipment back on, taking care to re-
    secure each weapon in its proper place.

"No, no," Anfini laughs, glancing over his shoulder at Toz, whom he regards in the way one faces
    death. "This? Just a trifle."

"You did great, Romy. You did the best I ever seen you do." Of which Piper could count on one hand
    but, who was really counting? Standing on the tip toes of her high heel-clad feet, she nearly stands
    at a height where she can kiss Anfini on the cheek. "I think you bruised him up something fierce...
    somewhere." The Idreth warmly chuckles as she removes the wig and goes to set it back on his head.

Piper carefully removes her wig.
    Piper gives a cascading wig of silvery curls to Anfini.

Moirean flings her arms around Toz's neck. "You were beautiful!" she exclaims, planting a big smooch
    on his cheek.

Ferrik's youngling clambers down onto his parent's snout, turning about to press it's tiny maw up
    against the man's gaze. "What?" the large crocodile irritably queries. Some strange guttural chirps
    and grunts are formed by the little reptile as it turns and points at the fighters "Oh. Yes that
    totally -is- pulp." he answers the kid as it clambers back up onto his hat.

You have emoted: There's a confused sort of cheer-rumble-howl from the crowd, but everyone seems at
    least to be glad not to be exploded. Eleanor pats Akaryuterra absently atop the head. "Right then,"
    she says, sounding a bit relieved herself. "I wonder who's next."

Anfini laughs under his breath, heedless of how a cascading wig of silvery curls sits lopsided on
    his skull. "Maybe bruised his pride? Maybe not so much."

Piper Anfini says to you, "I'm stealing the Doctor and going to try to.. piece his arm together
    again!"

Piper gives you a respectful salute.

You nod your head at Piper.

Eugenides utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Piper Anfini exclaims, "Next time, I'm up to throw a punch or two! Count me in!"

Aarbrok looks up from his bottle amongst those attending, "Send the Croc against the Chairwoman." he
    grunts through his liquor induced haze.

"Hey, take care. Good fight, you ol' bastard," Anfini calls out to Toz, slinging his good arm over
    Piper.

You say, "I'll hold you to that!"
    Piper grins and nods at you.
    Piper Anfini exclaims, "Evening, you lot!"

Toz inclines his head towards Anfini, gaze lingering briefly on his damaged arm. "Heal swiftly."

You have emoted: Eleanor grins at Toz. "He just has to suck it back in."

Anfini leaves to the east following Piper.

A sonorous 'thunk' filters up from the depths of the Catacombs, knocking snow from eaves and making
    the windows shiver.

[/spoiler]

edited March 2014
    Round Three: Eleanor vs Noelle!
    [spoiler]
    You have emoted: Eleanor glances about the crowd. "I'm sure there's space for one more round. Who's
    game!"

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "I'm just here to watch."

Akaryuterra takes a slow look around the bar. "We got ta see some guys fight, any girls feelin' up
    fer a good brawl?"

Scowling, Moirean Seirath says, "Psh. I'm here for a night off. I want to see more blood!"

Akaryuterra frowns and casts a look around expectantly. "Nobody?"

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "Who hasn't fought.. Besides me?"

Akaryuterra glances among those present and points to Noelle, Ferrik, and eventually you.

Noelle shakes her head, "Ferrik isn't fightin', and I'm not beating on miss adjutant."

You have emoted: Eleanor manages to seem mildly affronted. "And why not!"

Akaryuterra glances upward at you, brow ridges raising.

Seeming to have frozen entirely stiff, Ferrik simply stands there, barely moving his eyes about.
    Instead his younger version is energetically skittering up and down the man's nose, tugging, pushing
    and tapping, trying to get his attention.

You have emoted: Eleanor glances down at Akaryuterra, with something of a 'what?' expression.

Noelle leans back against the wall behind her, managing a small smile at the woman's apparent
    irritation, "I don't like fightin' girlies outside of actual battle." She says, her tail coiling
    near her feet, "Besides, miss, aren't ya a much older than me? More experienced."

Aarbrok looks at the exchange between the two, and rubs his shoulder scowling at the words.

Ryotega flashes a devilish sort of grin that is saturated with mischievous intent. "Oho! I think
    she's callin' ya old! Don't those count as fightin' words?" Akaryuterra calmly retorts a moment
    later, "If they want to fight, they will, there is no need to rile anyone up."

Aarbrok snickers a moment and adds in to echo Ryotega, "No I heard old..." he quips.

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "Sounded pretty catty to me."

You have emoted: Eleanor bares her teeth in something like a grin. "Those -are- fighting words," she
    agrees, her tone heated. She points with a blue-clawed finger to Noelle. "It's on."

Moirean shifts her weight, pleased with the turn of events. She leans against Toz, eagerly watching
    the next fight brew.

Noelle casts Akaryuterra a halfhearted glare, a low huff leaving her maws, accompanied by a puff of
    smoke, "Right, right." She grunts, pushing herself off of the wall as to wander to the center of the
    room, raising her fists in a defensive stance.

Toz's arm comes to slip around Moirean, giving her a small squeeze. He leans over to her, speaking
    quietly into Moirean's ear.

You have emoted: Eleanor shrugs out of her coat, handing it off to Akaryuterra.

She is a wise Human with a stocky, broad-hipped and well-padded build. She seems an earthy, no-
    nonsense individual, with narrow brown eyes that hold a calculating glint. Her face is round with
    soft features, a small nose and an expressive mouth. Her hair is fully longer than she is tall, and
    has been collected back into a tight braid and pinned up out of the way in a few loops at the back
    of her head. Her fingernails seem unusually thick and clawlike, with a bluish tint toward the root
    and a pointed tip. Furthering the reptilian appearance of her hands, her arms are sheathed from
    fingertip to shoulder in glossy greenish-blue scales. She walks with the blessing of Maghak.
                             (on the left hand) : a silver wedding ring, inlaid with dark opal
                           (covering the torso) : a close-fitting keyhole top
                             (worn on the legs) : a sleek pair of trousers
                             (worn on the feet) : tall leather boots
                        (sitting atop her head) : a pair of heavy, crystal-lensed goggles

Akaryuterra takes the coat happily, still grinning from ear to ear.

Moirean's head tilts, listening absently to Toz as her eyes remain fixed on the fighting
    preparations.

A muffled, guttural high chirp sounds out from the crocodile juvenile, turning Ferrik with a
    questioning look. Only a shrug forms his response as he follows the exchange with squinted eyes. "..
    I think they just made a pun." he mumbles in belated answer.

You have emoted: Hopping down from the bar, Eleanor rolls her shoulders and steps lightly from foot
    to foot. "Maybe you should fight the winner for the finale," she tells Akaryuterra.

Toz murmurs something softly to Moirean.

You have emoted: Eleanor digs in her pockets, retrieving a pair of gloves which she pulls on, eyeing
    Noelle through the parting crowd.

You are now wearing a pair of black weighted-knuckle gloves.

Eugenides murmurs to you, "You may want to lose the high heels as well."

Setne snickers under his breath.

Rising almost to the knee and crafted to hug close to the leg, these boots are sturdy and practical,
    while still maintaining a measure of understated class. The leather has been dyed a dark, ashen
    brown and burnished to a satiny sheen, just short of gloss.
    It can only be worn in the following location: feet.
    It has 25 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 8 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart.

You have emoted: Eleanor quirks a brow, looking down and then across to Eugenides.

Moirean murmurs something softly to Toz.

Moirean's eyes sparkle with amusement as she gazes upon Toz.

You say, "If you think these are high, you may want to reconsider your understanding of shoes."

Noelle eyes the gloves as you pulls them on, tail slithering behind her before, somewhat anxiously
    even, as she speaks, "What's with those gloves?"

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "Ahh.. Was it Piper who was wearing the heels?"
    Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "Someone was."

Eugenides shrugs helplessly.

Your pose is now set as:
    Eleanor occupies the cleared fighting space in the middle of the floor.

You have emoted: Eleanor glances at her gloves, then at Noelle. "Oh- these are more to stop my
    fragile old scholar's hands from breaking on your hide."

These gloves have been sewn from sturdy leather and dyed black as pitch. They are designed to
    provide a close fit, extending only just beyond the wrist of the wearer. They are unexpectedly heavy
    for a pair of gloves, and the reason lies in the extra inclusion sewn into the knuckles and first
    part of each finger. Between two layers of securely-stitched leather there is a payload of powdered
    steel which both adds extra weight to a punch and distributes the force of the impact to reduce the
    chance of pain or injury to the one throwing it.

Akaryuterra holds up his own hands, looking at the pair of gloves he wears. "Should'a got ya some'a
    these," he comments, glancing in Aarbrok's direction.

[noelle]
    She is a powerful Xoran, with a wiry and youthful build. Long limbs hang down from her somewhat
    broad shoulders and hips, though her form lacks in other curves, making for an androgynous figure.
    Her muzzle is long, housing sharp, pearly teeth curving to interlock when her mouth is closed and a
    long reptilian tongue. Golden eyes sit evenly upon her head, sharp and clearly focused, the pupils
    little more than black slits. The rough texture of her hide is made up of a mix of black and dark
    orange in a mottled pattern, her long tail bearing the same colors, in a banded pattern instead. Her
    hands end in small, black claws and, as most of her race, she is tall, standing out in most crowds,
    adding to an overall intimidating appearance. She walks with the blessing of Maghak.

(strapped to her thigh) : a silvered wire and matte black weaponbelt
                             (worn on the belt) : a rogue's spoil pouch
                         (strapped to her belt) : a sleek leather quiver
                   (polished and tightly laced) : polished, black knee-high boots
                        (slung over a shoulder) : a scaled, amber darkbow
                 (sitting stiffly on the torso) : a stiff, cold-black shortcoat
                        (tucked into her boots) : a pair of smoky grey trousers
                           (covering the torso) : a fitted leather top

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "And the steel woven into the glove is just there to make a more
    pleasant sound as she brains you."

You have emoted: Eleanor gives a challenging, toothy grin. "I can take them off if you're worried."

Aarbrok looks upon Akaryuterra, "Aye, I suppose so...perhaps have to coerce one of you out of a pair.
    " he admits, finally shaking off some of the exhaustion of earlier.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "They aren't WOVEN in."

Noelle slowly fades into view, returning to the realm of perception.

Noelle tosses a sparkling cloud of dust over herself, and vanishes little by little into
    invisibility.

Akaryuterra removes a pair of black weighted-knuckle gloves.

Noelle can't help a quiet snicker at the response, standing a bit taller, even as her arms remain
    raised defensively, "Wouldn't want you to chip your nails, ma'am. Come at me." She says, the tip of
    her tail tapping on the ground in a small display of aggressive intent.

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "Arrows fired...."

Akaryuterra hands a pair of gloves over to Eugenides, "Just got shavin's in 'em."

Akaryuterra gives a pair of black weighted-knuckle gloves to Eugenides.

You have emoted: Eleanor seems pleased by this response, grinning ear to ear. She shifts her stance,
    lightfooted and somewhat side-on, hands raised before her. "Right then," she says, gleefully
    approving. "Have at."

Eugenides looks over the gloves.
    Eugenides gives a pair of black weighted-knuckle gloves to Akaryuterra.
    Eugenides nods his head emphatically.
    Akaryuterra nods his head emphatically.

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "I wouldn't want to get hit with them."

Moirean elbows Toz rather roughly in the side. "Hey Toz," she mumbles. "Hey Toz hey Toz. Wanna make
    a bet on the winner?"

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "No biting, to guild skills, all that fun disclaimer
    [SSSS]."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Lets get ta fightin!"

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "Hair pulling and clothing strangling is okay though."

Noelle eyes your stance for a moment, snapping into action at Akaryuterra's words. With a quick step
    forward, she launches two jabs in quick succession towards the woman.

Setne's head shifts slightly, something having caught his interest.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Gunther squares his shoulders and crisply salutes his
    fellow soldiers.

Grand Tyrant Setne says, "Did I hear something about betting?"

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Gunther squares his shoulders and crisply salutes
    Moirean.

Toz gives Gunther a respectful salute.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Gunther squares his shoulders and crisply salutes Toz.

Toz adds to Moirean after the salute drops, "I prefer to not gamble, Commander. My gold is safe in
    my pack, there is no need to place it at risk."

You have emoted: Eleanor gives a gleeful whoop and immediately twists sideways, dodging with
    unexpected agility for a dame of her advanced age and girth. She turns in a tight circle, coming
    around Noelle's side with an elbow intended for the soft spot at the ribs.

Akaryuterra's gaze shifts to the side as he notices both Setne and Gunther.

Moirean grins over at Setne after she gives Gunther a quick salute. "500 gold," she challenges
    loudly, elbowing Toz again with a snort. "I bet Noelle can pull out some sneaky tricks."

A frown wrinkles Setne's brow as he articulates a "Hrm...."

Grand Tyrant Setne says to Moirean Seirath, "I think Eleanor will win, those gloves look dangerous.
    I'll take the bet."

Noelle gives a low grunt as the hit lands on her side, but it does little to slow her down. She
    staggers to the side and shifts her body as to turn around, tail lashing as to slam against the back
    of the woman's knees.

Moirean extends her hand towards Setne. "You're on, Dictator," she says.

Moirean pipes up, "You better win this, Noelle! I bet the city's yearly intake on you!"

You have emoted: Eleanor spots the tail, just in time- she hops, flipping backward and narrowly
    missing having her feet swept out from underneath her. She catches herself with a hand against the
    floorboards, turning the dodge into a suddenly upward-angled kick. It seems agile enough, but she
    does accompany it with a strained "Huff!"

Setne shouts out to Noelle, "No offense, but I need you to lose. Tyranny doesn't buy the drinks like
    it used to."

Noelle steps back, the tip of the Eleanor's boot narrowly missing her snout, "Pressure isn't helpin',
     Chair!" She calls back to Moirean, tail slamming heavily against the ground as she moves to cover
    her opponent's movement, following with a kick aimed at her side, as soon as the woman is back on
    her feet.

You have emoted: Eleanor doesn't manage to dodge that one as fluidly, though she does crumple in a
    way that lessens the impact somewhat. She rolls sideways with the impact, hands back on the ground
    and launching her into another kicking action, this one aimed to sweep Noelle's feet out from
    underneath.

Postulant Gunther says to Moirean Seirath, "If you had not placed a bet on Noelle alreaady I would
    have bet you."

With a wink, Moirean Seirath says to Postulant Gunther, "You can bet against Setne, here. He could
    use to be drained of more gold."

A sudden rush of air sounds out from Ferrik as he blinks and rubs at his eyes, "Wha- I'm still
    here!" he yelps, eyeing the room. Realizing the situation as he gathers his wits, he peers at the
    fighters, one to the other and blinks. Pausing for a moment, the crocodile finally throws up his
    squat arms, talons spread out, "Yay I am impartial and rooting for both!" he calls out. With a delay
    comes the same mimicked pose from the hatchling on its perch.

Setne's head jerks toward Moirean, a grimace overcoming his face. "Taking my money in a bet is a
    crime against the kingdom! Punishable by sobriety!"

Postulant Gunther says to Grand Tyrant Setne, "What is the fun of being sober?"

Noelle attempts to dodge, a sidestep that damn nearly fails as one of her feet is caught by the
    sweep, though Syssin training seems to finally kick in as she fluidly falls back into a roll and
    springs up to her feet, arms raised, "You're way too flexible for your age, ma'am." She comments, in
    a low grunt.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "That's the only reason I can't catch her every damn
    time!"

Setne surreptitiously takes a sip from his drink.

Moirean scowls, attention snapping back to the fight. "On your FEET, Syssin!" she nearly screams, a
    bit of Commanderly instincts kicking in as she sees her bet about to slide away. "Hit her back! Who
    cares if she's old!"

Aarbrok looks up at Akaryuterra and then changes his mind about saying something, the obvious
    returning pain of a large fist causing him to rub his neck.

Setne shouts after Moirean, "Pity the elderly!"

You have emoted: Eleanor gives a somewhat breathless laugh, her eyes twinkling as she straightens a
    little, though her stance stays springy and ready. "I stay limber," she admits. There's a brief
    pause, and then she's leaping forward this time, with a shoulder aimed at the midsection for a
    proper bodycheck.

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "Hey, I'm an antique."
    Ferrik coughs softly.

Akaryuterra seems to catch a bit of the motion from Aarbrok at his side and looks over curiously. He
    looks, expectantly, but when no words issue from Aarbrok's mouth, he very slowly turns his attention
    back to the fight.

Noelle sidesteps smoothly, coming around with an elbow aimed at the back of the woman's head, lips
    pulled back in a snarl as rows of sharp teeth come into view.

You have emoted: Eleanor notes in the nick of time that her lunge has missed, and cuts her losses by
    dropping entirely, gloved hands hitting the floor as she throws herself over into a roll to evade
    counterattack. Her boots skid along the floorboards as she checks her momentum, springing back up
    this time with a punch from below.

Setne begins yelling out various words of encouragement to you, throwing in disparaging remarks
    towards Noelle every other sentence.

Aarbrok finally speaks up towards Akaryuterra, "Conduit is...very quick." he states casting his eyes
    between the fight and the Idreth, "Remind me not to piss her off either."

Moirean chimes in with the counter (or, at least, what she seems to think the opposite is), shaking
    her fist as she unleashes a string of warnings about city debt, tax raising and stricter prohibition
    towards Noelle.

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says to Moirean Seirath, "I'll give you 1000 gold if you raise the limit
    back to five drinks a day."

Setne begins to intensify slowly until he appears flesh and blood once more.

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says to Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis, "A pretty [SSSS] bribe, even from a
    Syssin..."

Aarbrok snorts arrogantly.

Akaryuterra gives a slight nod, "She's a lot more springy'n she looks. When we spar, I spend half
    the time catchin' up ta her. All that bouncin'n rollin'. Damn hard ta catch." He gestures to the
    fight that's still going, "Especially with that [SSSS]. I c'n catch her when I'm Xoran because I c'n
    let 'er hit me."

Moirean wrinkles her nose. "I'll be making that much when Noelle wins the fight!" she reports.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Human, I ain't used ta missin' a tail, can't take the
    hit. Need ta practice some more."

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "Eh, she's threatening to increase it over 500 gold."

Grand Tyrant Setne says to Moirean Seirath, "You mean you'll be funding my new flying throne, when
    she loses."

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says to Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart, "Yeah, she would be
    bouncing all around you like that, like she got some damn clockwork springs in those legs."

Noelle staggers back as she's hit with a fist to her snout from below, cradling her nose with an
    angry huff. A low, rumbling growl rises along her throat as she snaps back into it, fully ignoring
    the calls from the crowd with quick jabs and kicks.

You have emoted: Eleanor twists, throwing her weight into a scything sideways kick to press her
    advantage- with that much behind it, it's likely to knock her opponent flat if it connects.

Noelle nearly trips back as she manages to dodge, leaning some of her weight on her tail and
    allowing it to help as she gets back properly on her feet, launching forward against the woman's
    side, in an attempt to throw her to the ground.

You have emoted: Eleanor takes that one with a startled "Uhf!" and both combatants hit the floor,
    tumbling across the boards with combined rolling momentum. She shoves with a hand against the floor,
    apparently striving to at least end up on top of the scuffle.

Setne continues cheering you along, throwing in regular doses of "Hroagh!" to motivate her.

Postulant Gunther says, "Go Noelle!"

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "Go for the tail, Conduit!"

Noelle grunts as she lands on her back after a good few moments of grappling with her opponent,
    taking only a moment of dazed panting to reach up, rolling her hips as to try and take away your
    balance atop her. Her tail lashes,the thinner tip attempting to wrap around her shoulder and pull
    her back on the ground as the Xoran attempts to rise.

In a tired and whiny voice, Ferrik protests with a raised claw, "Not the taaiiil!"

You have emoted: Eleanor might have managed had her opponent been four-limbed, but she is somewhat
    outnumbered in the appendage department and Noelle's gambit is enough to flip her off, landing her
    soundly on her back. Her teeth are bared in a grimace as she twists to try and predict where the
    next attack is coming from, fists tightly clenched in half a swing already.

Noelle reaches with clawed hands and bared teeth as she gains the upper hand, loud hisses and
    somewhat shrill snarls leaving her maws, wisps of smoke escaping the spaces between the fangs as she
    attempts to keep the woman down.

You have emoted: Eleanor had been all lined up for a punishing blow to Noelle's midsection, but the
    sudden face full of snarling teeth startles her into a pause enough that she misses her moment- and
    there's the yield.

Postulant Gunther says, "You can do it Noelle."

Ferrik's maw gapes open tremendously in a large yawn. Gradually, he peers at Gunther from the side
    and mutters, "I think.. she did." he responds.

Noelle's snarls die down as she watches the woman relax and yield, and she makes to stand, rubbing
    at her wounded snout with one hand,offering the other towards you. "You hit like my cousins back
    home, ma'am." She manages to say, forked tongue darting to clean away some blood from her teeth.

You have emoted: Eleanor heaves herself to her feet and clasps the profferred hand. "I'll take that
    as a compliment, no doubt," she says, heartily grinning and a bit out of breath. "Damned good fight."

Moirean lets out a whoop, throwing a handful of gold at Setne in her celebrations. She seems to be a
    bit confused about the concept of the bet.
    Moirean gives some gold sovereigns to Setne.

Aarbrok brings his hands together, filling the air with applause.

Akaryuterra's brow ridges are raised still as he watches the exchange. Still leaning on the bar, he
    brings his hands up to applaud the combatants. "[SSSS]. The was a fight alright. Damn fast."
    Setne rubs his head, as he is pelted by the gold.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Good fight!"

Grand Tyrant Setne says, "Well fought, aye."

You have emoted: Eleanor raises her free hand, beaming and directing the cheers of the throng toward
    Noelle.

Setne turns to Noelle, "No hard feelings about betting against you?"

Eyes now brought down to mere slits, Ferrik strains to see what has happened. Belatedly he joins in
    the clapping, managing to perfectly be just one clap behind, "Yaaay someone won." he cries out in
    something of an uncertain cheer.
    Akaryuterra smirks at Ferrik.

Akaryuterra urges you to come over, using both hands to beckon you.

Noelle reaches to rub at her neck, seeming a bit lost as the cheering begins, though Setne catches
    her attention and she promptly turns towards him, a low growl rumbling along, "None for that, but
    plenty for all you said. You're next."

You have emoted: Eleanor raises her eyebrows. "Ah, not my boys then?" She retreats somewhat from the
    ring, making space for whoever's next.

Grand Tyrant Setne says, "I'm fragile. Stiff wind knocks me over."
    Setne coughs slightly.

"C'mon! Get over here." Akaryuterra says to you.

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says to Grand Tyrant Setne, "Then It won't last long."

Eugenides's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

You have emoted: Eleanor makes her way over toward Akaryuterra, looking a little dishevelled and
    uneven, but elated and cheerful all the same.

Noelle grunts, reaching as to simply push Setne out of the way as she steps away from the center,
    "'m not going again right now, miss adjutant damn near broke my teeth."

Akaryuterra throws his arms arms around you and hoists the woman up from the ground, squeezing with
    what is, visibly, an uncomfortable amount of force.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Good goin', Chicky!"

The corners of Akaryuterra's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

You have emoted: Eleanor gives a muffled "Hff!" but is rather unable to do anything about the
    bearhug.

Generously, Moirean Seirath says to Noelle, "I suppose I won't raise taxes. For NOW."

Smothered in the embrace, you say, "Youcanputmedownnow."

Akaryuterra puts you down carefully, and then calls over to Noelle, "Hey, good fightin' out there."

Frowning, Moirean Seirath says, "Taxes remind me, though, I have some work to do."

Moirean grunts noncommittally.
    Moirean Seirath says, "Pardon me."

You have emoted: Eleanor heaves in a breath, wrapping an arm around Akaryuterra's waist for
    stability.
    [/spoiler]

edited March 2014
    Aaand a tiny post for the coda.
    [spoiler]
    Moirean slips off the bar and navigates her way through the crowd to the door.

Moirean leaves to the east.

Your pose is now set as:
    Eleanor stands by Akaryuterra, leaning on him for support.

Noelle glances back, smiling a bloodstained grin back at Akaryuterra, "Same for her, sir."

Akaryuterra claps his hands together, looking excited to see that there are still plenty of
    observers. "Right, look at all of what we got here. Any'a ya lookin' ta start up a spar?"

Setne moves back toward the bar, pulling his book out once more.

Akaryuterra glances to Ferrik, "You should go sleep."

[Riluo arrives, then leaves.]

A sparkling sequined thong comes flying in from the west and lands on the ground with a 'thump.'

[This is bewildering because the only exit is east.]

Noelle says, "... Ladies clearly got a wee bit too excited with our fight."

Akaryuterra glances at the western wall of the establishment.

Somewhat confused, Akaryuterra creases his brow uncertainly.

"Whaaat?!" Ferrik calls out, now stumbling and fumbling with claws out stretched. "I shoot a peep?"
    he questions.

Mr. Eugenides Cardinalis says, "I'll be right back."
    Eugenides leaves to the east.

You have emoted: Eleanor leans an elbow on the bar. "Might be it for the night," she comments,
    surveying the ebbing crowd.

Akaryuterra's lips press to a thin line, and eventually becomes a frown. "Yeah, lookin' like. But
    [SSSS], we got a good couple in there." Upon further review, he does appear to cheer up. "Good turn
    out fer the first night."

You have emoted: Eleanor grins broadly. "I can see you're thinking this ought to be more than a one-
    off."

Noelle settles at a nearby table, toying with her bottle idly, "Aren't you afraid they'll destroy
    the bar?"

You say, "Are you kidding? The fights we -don't- organise are more destructive."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "It's a bar, I c'n put furniture back together."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Speakin'a which, guess I better scoot this stuff back
    inta place."

You have emoted: Eleanor nods toward the barkeep. "Tony knows when to duck."

"Well.." Ferrik says to no one in particular. "..I don't know about you." he says with a slight
    scowl, "But.. I think I should go sleep!" he confirms with a self assured nod. Tugging his jacket
    askew as he stumbles towards the door, the crocodile waves a claw absently at the crowd,
    "G'byyyeee!"

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Be well, Ferrik."

Akaryuterra waves after Ferrik.

You have emoted: Eleanor farewells Ferrik with a "Take care!" and a little wave.

Ferrik leaves to the east.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Welp, that's it fer the night. Looks like we'll have
    another one sometime, who knows when though."

"Mmmm..." Aarbrok softly utters.

Aarbrok nods his head emphatically.

Akaryuterra shrugs, "I'm sure yer gonna hear it from smashin' furniture, or hear about it from
    Elea'r me."

You say to Akaryuterra, "I can see it being a decent debrief after the lectures."

Noelle says, "Must be excitin' lectures, to end like this."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Could do, yeah. Who doesn't want ta unwind after
    sittin' in a chair all day."

Akaryuterra utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

You say, "All things in balance, my dear. Work the brain, work the body."

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "Aye, I am all for some lecturing and a bit of self mutil...
    combative sparring."

The corners of Akaryuterra's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "You'll get the hang of it in no time."

Akaryuterra nods at you. "You'n her should go at it."

Knowingly, you say, "The trick is to be too fast for him."

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "Perhaps...though she would kick my teeth in."

Grand Tyrant Setne says to you, "Mind if I attend these lectures if I'm available? Always a fan of
    learning things."

You say to Setne, "By and large, they're Cabalistic in nature. If it happens that there's a general
    topic, though, I can let you know."

Akaryuterra laughs and counters, "I'll just punch yer rib in, or maybe dislocate yer shoulder."

You have emoted: Eleanor mock-pouts at Akaryuterra. "Oh sure, bring those up."

Akaryuterra blinks.

Akaryuterra looks to you, appearing a little dumbfounded.

Noelle sips from a long-necked glass bottle full of Spirean Whitebeer.

You have emoted: Eleanor pats Akaryuterra fondly on the cheek.

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says to you, "On that note Conduit, I am eager to help further with the
    Cabal after my progress these past months.  I would like to discuss some plans with you at a more
    convenient time for you."

You nod your head at Aarbrok.

Akaryuterra picks up his glass- or what remains of it. "Sorry, Tony." he mutters to the tender.

You say, "I'll definitely be interested to hear about that. Yoshera more or less said you passed
    with flying colours."

Aarbrok's flush face turns slightly pink at the comment and he offers a mischievous smirk, "That ....
    thank you." he says, in a bit thrown off response.

Akaryuterra turns to you, "Thermae?"

You have emoted: Eleanor rolls her shoulders. "I think that's a plan," she agrees.

You begin to follow Akaryuterra.

Akaryuterra touches two fingers to his brow ridge, offering a half-assed salute to all present.
    Aarbrok nods his head emphatically.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Another time."

You have emoted: Eleanor nods her own farewell.

Akaryuterra inclines his head politely to those around him.

You say, "Take care."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Be well, and thank you all for attending the...ah...
    stress relief event."

Noelle inclines her head politely to those around her.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

[And then Elea and Akary head home!]
    [/spoiler]

AarbrokMoireanSetnePiperLin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Definitely a fun night! Thanks for organizing it!
    Aarbrok
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    If Aetolia was cancer, Fight Club at the Monkey would be the cure.
    Cannan
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    This, and the RP before it, was the best thing in the history of best things. Ever.

Thank you so much for executing the event, Elea!
    Cannan
    I'm just glad everyone is enjoying it! And Akary's loving organising half of it too.

It's friday/saturday again, so it was fight night again!

Round one: Akaryuterra vs Noelle!
    [spoiler]

(Spinesreach): You say, "Right, then. I'm getting the space cleared in the Monkey, so those of you
    who had interest in some oldfashioned fighting, that will be happening soon."

You have emoted: Eleanor pushes a table aside here, tucks a chair beneath another one there,
    shuffling things around to make space.

You say, "Tony, be a dear and get those chairs over there?"

(Spinesreach): Tsvanni says, "Wooo."

You have emoted: Eleanor waves the bartender toward the indicated furniture.

You have emoted: Eleanor runs a hand over her hair. "What a performance this is," she mutters to
    herself.

Tsvanni's eyes brighten, and she proffers a toothy grin.

You have emoted: Eleanor shifts another chair, eyeing the space that's been cleared thusfar.

Gesturing sideways, you say, "Move those further that way, Tony."

Tsvanni taps her nose "Want some help?"

You have emoted: Eleanor glances up from inching a table a little further out of the way. "Hm? Oh.
    No, the lads and I more or less have it sorted." She dusts her hands together, the light glinting
    off her scales. "Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if anyone else fancies the fighting."

A ghostly apparition glides into view from the east.
    Tsvanni nods her head emphatically.

Your pose is now set as:
    Eleanor leans an elbow on the bar, looking toward the large open space in the middle of the floor.
    who here

You have emoted: Eleanor lifts her chin in acknowledgement of Noelle. "Welcome back," she greets
    with a measure of warmth.

Tsvanni inclines her head politely to Noelle.

Noelle raises a gloved hand as to wave in greeting, moving as to stand by the door, "Need some help,
    ma'am?"

You say, "No, I think we're just about sorted."

You say, "Just waiting for the lads to be done down at the chambers."

You have emoted: Eleanor runs her tongue over her teeth. "Last time, it seemed like you wanted to
    take my boys on. That still the case?" She tilts her head at Noelle.

Noelle snickers, sharp teeth coming into view as she smirks, "I barely wanted to take you on, ma'am,
    and your husband can probably destroy me."

You say, "Well, if he lands a hit on you, possibly."

You have emoted: Eleanor gives a toothsome grin. "But I fight him well enough, even if I don't win a
    great many times."

Tsvanni clears her throat.

Tsvanni sucks her teeth and adjusts her gauntlets.

Noelle says, "If the others aren't excited about fighting, I'll step up if only to rile up the crowd,
     ma'am."

You say, "I was thinking I might request you and him first, if you felt up for it."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Is this really all the Spireans who want to engage in a bit of friendly and
    possibly drunken fisticuffs?"

Blood Reaver, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, The White Serpent says in an exotic tone, "I'm game."

You say, "Yes, you're already here."

Blood Reaver, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, The White Serpent says, "I love a good fight."

Blood Reaver, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, The White Serpent says, "I meant, I can fight if we need fighters."

You say, "We'll see how things go. It might be a quiet night."

Noelle reaches as to tug her gloves off, "I'll do my best, ma'am." She says, grinning, "Tsvanni, you
    can go after us."

Noelle tells you, "Maybe with the winner?"

Tsvanni nods her head emphatically.

You say, "The boys are just finishing up some questions after a lecture, I believe."

You say, "There's always a bit of a debrief. Complex topics and all."

Noelle says, "If it's anything like you hinted at earlier, I don't doubt it one bit."

You have emoted: Eleanor taps on the bar, catching Tony's eye. "Something to drink," she requests.

You pay 112 gold sovereign and receive a stout glass full of Spirean ice brandy.

You say, "The kind of story you asked about, by the way..."

Akaryuterra arrives from the east.

You sip from a stout glass full of Spirean ice brandy, the icy chill of its temperature an accent to
    the pure and tart note of cloudberry. A flush of warmth follows, thanks to the powerful alcoholic
    content of the drink.

Akaryuterra wanders into the Monkey, pulling on a pair of black gloves as he steps over the
    threshold.

You say, "--is partly personal, but partly also kind of hard to explain to a non-cabalist."

Akaryuterra tilts his head curiously.

You have emoted: Eleanor raises her glass in greeting to Akaryuterra.

Noelle waves her hands defensively, nodding, "I know, I know! Don't worry 'bout it, I won't ask."

Tsvanni takes a seat and tips her head to Akaryuterra, offering a polite greeting.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "What's hard ta explain?"

Akaryuterra makes his way over toward you.

Akaryuterra takes a long drag from a lit slender white cigarette.

Tsvanni opens a silvery cigarette case.

You have emoted: Eleanor takes a small sip from her glass. "The kind of things we get up to with our
    brains came up in conversation earlier in the month."

Tsvanni takes a rank-smelling blunt from a silvery cigarette case.

Akaryuterra buys a long-necked glass bottle full of Commissar's Hammer barley wine.

Blood Reaver, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, The White Serpent says, "New knight-in-wanting, it seems."

Blood Reaver, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, The White Serpent says, "I must go give the little one a debriefing,
    I'll be back."

[Setne arrives and accidentally does his warcry ?? ]

Tsvanni smiles at Setne.

Akaryuterra drops some gold on the counter for the keep and indicates a brew. As soon as he receives
    the brew, one of his brow ridges pops up and he turns around slowly. "Excitable?"

You say, "Well, there's punching to be had."

Akaryuterra drinks from a long-necked glass bottle full of Commissar's Hammer barley wine.

Akaryuterra drinks from a long-necked glass bottle of Commissar's Hammer barley wine.

You have emoted: Eleanor indicates Noelle. "I think I've picked out the first fight, if you don't
    mind starting the night off again."

Noelle musters a smile, nodding towards Akaryuterra, "Take it easy with me, sir."

Akaryuterra leans against the bar counter, taking a casual look at the various potential fighters.
    When you speaks, he turns, looking to you, and then Noelle. "What, me again?"

Akaryuterra raises an eyebrow questioningly.

You say, "That was my thinking. We're lacking in people, just at the moment."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Well, I suppose I could if you would prefer not to."

Akaryuterra gestures to Noelle, "By all means, have at."

Akaryuterra smiles wryly.

You say, "I already lost to her once, ahah. Isn't that enough for a few months?"

Akaryuterra takes a couple more swigs from the bottle and sets it down.

Akaryuterra drinks from a long-necked glass bottle of Commissar's Hammer barley wine.

You say, "No need to rush, though, I'd say."

Akaryuterra drops a long-necked glass bottle.

You say, "We could wait and see if any more are coming, and whatnot."

Akaryuterra straightens up and pushes himself from the counter, taking a few steps toward the center
    of the cleared space that serves as the fighting floor.

Noelle watches the two silently, tail uncurling as to slither about on the floor beside her.

(Spinesreach): You say, "Even if you don't fancy the actual fisticuffs, by the way, there's drinks
    and spectating to be had."

Akaryuterra shrugs off his backpack and sets it on the floor, scooting it in your direction.
    Akaryuterra removes a fur backpack.
    Akaryuterra removes a suit of scale mail.

You have emoted: Eleanor leans down, scooting the bag further toward the bar, by where she stands.

You sip from a stout glass of Spirean ice brandy, the icy chill of its temperature an accent to the
    pure and tart note of cloudberry. A flush of warmth follows, thanks to the powerful alcoholic
    content of the drink.

You have emoted: Eleanor makes a sound of satisfaction, eyeing the glass she holds. "That is a -good-
     drop," she approves.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Would you prefer I remove the gloves?"

Akaryuterra takes up a spot and settles into a basic fighting stance. He bends his knees and slides
    his left foot forward, raising his fists to shoulder height and turning his body slightly so his
    left hand leads as well.

Noelle steps up to center of the room, shaking her head, "I'm more afraid of your claws than those
    gloves." She says, giving something of a nervous chuckle, "Should we wait for more of an audience?"

You have emoted: Eleanor grins, broadly. "Sounds like you need a drink first. Calm your nerves."

Akaryuterra's hands lower slightly and his shoulders pop up in a shrug. "If you like."

Merelii tilts her head back, inhaling sharply several times.

Akaryuterra settles his stance and looks over to you, gesturing to the drink he set down. "Would
    you?"

You pick up a long-necked glass bottle.

You have emoted: Eleanor pushes away from the counter, weaving through to where Akaryuterra stands.

You give a long-necked glass bottle to Akaryuterra.

Akaryuterra gives you a peck on the cheek.

Ingram strolls in and moseys over to the bar, matching your posture against it before you departs.

Akaryuterra murmurs to you, "Thanks."

Tsvanni carefully lights a rank-smelling blunt.

You have emoted: Eleanor grins up at Akaryuterra. "I'd give you a smooch for luck, but she might
    need one more than you."

Tsvanni sits down in a chair.

Noelle rolls her eyes, though her smile doesn't fade, "That's very reassuring ma'am."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Since when am I particularly brutal?"

Tsvanni takes a long drag from a lit rank-smelling blunt.
    Tsvanni exhales a heavy cloud of smoke, redolent with bland scents.

You say, "Well, I know you're not."

Akaryuterra drinks from a long-necked glass bottle with traces of Commissar's Hammer barley wine.

You have emoted: Eleanor gestures toward Noelle "But can you blame her for being worried? You're-
    how did Cannan put it. Like a stone outhouse."

Noelle nods sharply, in clear agreement.

Akaryuterra offers the bottle back to you.

Noelle says, "All claws, scales and... An' bigness. May I have a sip of that, sir?"

Akaryuterra turns to offer it to Noelle instead.

You have emoted: Eleanor steps back, allowing the bottle to be passed without her interference,
    instead returning to her spot at the bar.

Akaryuterra gives a long-necked glass bottle to Noelle.

Noelle reaches out, taking the bottle and downing a few long gulps, "Alright." She gasps out,
    lowering the drink, "That feels better."

You have emoted: Eleanor glances about, surveying the crowd. "This is looking more like it did last
    time," she notes, sounding satisfied.

Akaryuterra indicates the bar, "Go ahead and set it down if you are done, we do not need more."

You bring a slender silver cigar to your lips and take a long drag.
    The smoke flows and shifts in your lungs like a fluid, prickles of coiling, invigorating energy
    crackling through your chest.

Akaryuterra turns and puts an extra pace of distance between himself and Noelle.

You say, "Alright! Well. As ever, ladies and gents, this is straight fisticuffs."

You say, "No biting! No eye gouging. No guild or otherwise special arts!"

Ingram lifts a lazy finger up, inquiring politely, "Hair pulling?"

Noelle nods, moving as to do as asked and place the bottle on the counter before returning to her
    place at the center of the room. She bends slightly at the knees and raises her fists, tail tapping
    the ground idly behind her as she waits.

You have emoted: Eleanor glances between Ingram and the two, quite hairless, Xorani. Then she
    glances back, a brow raised.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Only if yer willin' ta suffer it in return."

Stroking his hand through his hair, Ingram shrugs his eyebrows and leans his lower back into the bar.

You say, "Anyway- if we're all ready, let's have at!"

You have emoted: Eleanor claps her hands sharply together.

Huffing and puffing, Ferrik rapidly waddles his way on in, a claw attempting to safely spot his top
    hat, lest it fall. "OH! Oh.. hooooh.. hokay." he breathes, coming to a halt. "Just in time." he
    mutters. Now coggling his way at a slower pace to the actual bar, where he sort of flops his upper
    frame's half against it, still breathing heavily and grumbling something about buffalo.

Akaryuterra returns to his previous stance, left hand and left foot in the lead, his body turned
    slightly. "Very well."

Ingram gives Ferrik a sideways look before peering back at the pair.

You have emoted: Eleanor takes a short drag from her cigar, pinched between forefinger and thumb,
    her dark-eyed gaze firmly on the pair of fighters.

Noelle eyes Akaryuterra for a long moment, clearly hesitant to start the fight, but as the man
    simply stands still in position, she finally steps forward, drawing back her fist as to fake a punch
    to his gut, only to bring her other one around, aiming for the face.

disperses.

A frown wrinkles Merelii's brow as she articulates a "Hrm...."

The fakeout Noelle throws seems to concern Akaryuterra little, and even before he sees the other
    punch coming, his fists are up. He throws his bodyweight forward, at the approaching opponent and
    moves to slam his larger frame into her while guarding his head.

The corners of Merelii's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Ingram lays his elbows on the edge of the bartop and watches with a faintly tilted head, lips
    shifting into a lopsided smile.

Merelii grins mischievously at Ferrik.

You have emoted: Eleanor reaches over and finds her glass, watching intently as the crowd erupts
    into hoots and hollers of approval, the bar-going men and women eager to see the fight unfold. The
    atmosphere is raucous and lively, many drinks and jostles being passed around.

Noelle stumbles back a few steps, grunting, only to cover the small distance between her and her
    opponent once again, sidestepping once she's close enough, attempting a hit to his side.

Noelle's sudden return catches Akaryuterra as he's regaining his footing from the charge, and
    Noelle's blow lands easily on his thick hide. He swings his balled fist backward, spinning toward
    Noelle in the wake of the blow.

You have emoted: Eleanor takes a contemplative drag on her cigar, her gaze shifting for a few
    moments to the other patrons of the establishment- she has a calculating look to her eye, and might
    well be sizing the others up.

Ingram drops a hand to a pocket, tugging out a flask to bring to his lips, shivering on the back of
    a wince with the drink.

Ingram drinks from a sleek, cold obsidian hip flask of crisp Tasur'kean whiskey.

Noelle barely reacts, clearly not expecting to hit him at all, his own blow crashing against her in
    full and sending her to the floor with a pained yelp.

You have emoted: Eleanor looks sideways at Ingram. She opens her mouth to speak, but her words are
    drowned out by a sudden roar from the crowd as the fight escalates.

Akaryuterra turns to face Noelle in the same motion as the blow lands, raising his fists and
    settling into stance once more. As he sees her sprawled, he blinks. "Oh! Are you alright?"

Oblivious, Ingram keeps his eyes to the fight. He has to sidestep, planting a foot in on the floor
    as he's knocked into by a drunken patron. He sighs quietly through his nose and pretends to not
    notice.

Noelle reaches to rub at her head, willing away the dizziness as she climbs to her feet, "Ah, yeah."
    Her voice is barely audible above the noise, and she manages a smile, encouraged by the cheering
    enough to get back into it as she approaches him again, ever on the offensive, Syssin speed aiding
    her as she fakes a step to one side, moves to the other and attempts another hit to his side, though
    her previous punch did little against the thick hide.

You have emoted: "Trip him up!" Eleanor hollers into the crowd, offering her own advice amongst the
    tumult of other such things (in varying degrees of usefulness and plausibility) being thrown in by
    the crowd.

Merelii grins mischievously at you.

Ingram drinks from a sleek, cold obsidian hip flask of crisp Tasur'kean whiskey.

Akaryuterra is up and on guard again when Noelle steps back into the ring. When he spots the nimble
    sidestep, he bends his knees and squats low, shrinking the open spot at his side. He keeps his guard
    on his head, but when the hit lands he reacts again. Throwing his leg out, he twists his torso and
    spins away from Noelle, exposing his back as his thick tail sweeps low. Were it not for the crowd,
    you could probably hear an audible grunt from the impact of Noelle's fist.

You have emoted: Eleanor takes a sip of her drink, watching the fight over the rim of it. "Wonder if
    he even -has- kidneys today," she mutters to herself.

Merelii chuckles long and heartily.

Moirean arrives from the east.

Noelle narrowly misses her change to dodge the tail, it being a bit thicker than she probably
    expected as it catches her foot, knocking her legs from under her.

She is followed by a bone-masked, feral canine.

You have emoted: Eleanor casts a sharp glance sideways as the enthusiastic spectator at her elbow
    jostles her, and her drink- She doesn't look pleased, but she doesn't set the fellow on his ear for
    it, at least. The noise rises again, shouts of encouragement going in both directions, as far as the
    fight is concerned.

Ingram drinks from a sleek, cold obsidian hip flask with traces of crisp Tasur'kean whiskey.

Teani arrives from the east.

Aithene lingers by the door upon entry and she leans against the nearest wall as her dark eyes fix
    on the ongoing fight.

Ingram cranes forward a handful of degrees, looking over to Aithene as he tosses a wave at the lady
    from the bar.

Walking through the door, Teani pauses at the sight of the crowd. She moves to the side, taking in
    the situation before doing anything else.

Merelii raises her hand in greeting to Teani and says "Hi!"

Akaryuterra's twist allows him to pivot as his tail passes under Noelle. Once more on his guard, he
    spots the grounded Xoran as the tail sweep finishes. It doesn't take but a split-second for him to
    realize what has happened and press the advantage. Planting his hands firmly on the ground, he
    dashes forward, lunging to pin the prone opponent. He's in front of Noelle for a moment, but he
    quickly grabs one of her shoulders and rolls her on to her front, throwing his weight onto the back
    of Noelles knees. Once he has his weight on her, he leans forward, throwing his hands out in a bid
    to grab the smaller Xoran's wrists.

Merelii groans softly, mis-matched eyes locked on the fight, ears laid back and tail twitching
    sharply.

Aithene's eyes widen in surprise at the sight of Merelii, but the woman quietly makes her way
    through the gathering of people, being careful to keep her hands to herself before she pauses by
    Ingram and ducks her head into a small nod of greeting. The vampire's eyes soon return to observing
    the fight.

Ingram nudges the back of Aithene's shoulder with an elbow, offering a smile before his attention
    moves back to the coupling.

Noelle seems all too dazed right after her fall to react as Akaryuterra flips her around and pins
    her to the ground. She grunts and huffs, puffs of dark smoke leaving her maws as she attempts to
    keep her wrists out of his hands, but it is futile, his reach is larger than her own and his weight
    is too much for her to ever try to lift. In only a few moments, she allows it to happen,
    successfully defeated by the larger Xorani.

Ingram murmurs something softly to Aithene.

You have emoted: The room almost seems to heave with the uproarious response to the end of the fight,
     Shouts and hollers and cheers and groans erupting in all directions. Eleanor takes a gulp of her
    drink, before slamming her glass down and standing straight to cheer as well, pumping a fist toward
    the ceiling.

Once Akaryuterra has Noelle's wrists, the fight stops and he booms, raising his voice above, "Do you
    yield?" He begins to pull on Noelle's limbs as he arches his back, pulling her shoulders off the
    ground with the tension in Noelle's limbs.

Noelle's tail slams on the ground in something akin to frustration as she replies, struggling to
    keep her voice louder than the cheers, "I yield, I yield! Let me up!"

Aithene's grin widens to reveal her pearly fangs as she nods her head at Ingram, "Perhaps," she says
    lowly, her voice barely audible above the shouts and laughter in the room.

Aarbrok walks in quietly, edging through the surrounding crowd towards you and taking a place
    against the bar, "Becoming a tradition I take it..." he mutters, motioning over to the barkeep who
    seems rather busy.

You have emoted: Bellowing loudly enough to be heard over the noise, Eleanor announces, "And there
    it is! First fight goes to the Commissar!" She is grinning, despite herself.

Wayward Aquila, Merelii Legerdemain says to Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart, "Good job, sir.
    Congratulations."

Akaryuterra releases the smaller Xoran's wrists gently, lowing Noelle's shoulders to the ground
    again before he does, lest he let her faceplant unintentionally. With that, be stabilizes himself
    with one hand and rolls off of her quickly. He is up to his feet with ease, and turns to offer her a
    hand up.

Moirean has been lingering near the door, watching in interest. At the victory, she claps her hands
    and lets out a shrill whistle.

Ingram gives a light, quiet clap against the side of his flask before letting his hand drop to take
    a swig, peering over at Moirean.

Ingram drinks from a sleek, cold obsidian hip flask with traces of crisp Tasur'kean whiskey.
    Aarbrok belatedly claps for the Commissar, offering a toothy grin towards him.

Teani chuckles as the fighters step apart, giving them both a round of applause. Noticing Moirean,
    she edges her way over to the Imp, carefully weaving her way between people.

Noelle glances up at Akaryuterra, grinning as she takes his hand, despite her previous display of
    irritation, "Good fight, sir!"

Moirean returns Ingram's stare, calling out, "Drinking off your induction?"

Aarbrok narrows his eyes across the crowd, looking at Ingram curiously.

Ingram wiggles his flask with a lopsided grin, murmuring, "Xenia said 'hair of the dog'."

Akaryuterra gives a nod, smiling at Noelle in return, "I hope you do not bruise easily." Once they
    are both on their feet, he gestures to the sideline, letting Noelle lead the return to the
    spectating crowd.

"Xenia would know," Moirean retorts, rolling her eyes, although there's a clear touch of amusement
    in her tone.

Merelii grins mischievously at Moirean.

Sniffing sharply, something out of habit, Ingram makes a faint face as the taste of iron and blood
    hits the back of his throat from the process. He shoves off the bar to stand on two feet.
    Aithene hides her smile behind her fingers as she rests her chin in her hand and her elbow on the
    bar.

Noelle snorts, shaking her head, "I'll be fine, you hit a lot lighter than I thought you would." She
    says, though the way she rolls her shoulders as she wanders back into the crowd betrays some pain.

Akaryuterra moves to take up a spot at the bar, beside you, commenting as they make their way back,
    "Yes, well, would not want the fight to be too terribly short."

You have emoted: "He wasn't trying to kill you," Eleanor calls in Noelle's direction, reaching out
    to put a hand on Akaryuterra's arm.
    [/spoiler]

And round two: Ingram vs Teani!

[spoiler]
    Teani nudges Moirean to get her attention.

You have emoted: "So, then!" Eleanor calls out cheerfully. "Who's game, who's next? That was but one
    fight!"

Moirean glances sideways and up over to Teani, raising an eyebrow as her ears swivel to listen.

Ingram draws a finger under his collar, tugging it a bit as he glances about with lifted eyebrows,
    doing his best to look invisible amongst the crowd.

Aarbrok's wave finally gets the barkeeps attention and he points over at a bottle, tossing a few
    sovereigns atop the bar and taking it in his grasp.

Merelii murmurs something softly to Moirean.

Akaryuterra slaps down some more gold. "We got plenty of evening left, and plenty of fighter's ta
    watch. We all wanna see some more beatin', maybe some blood!"

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Maybe a little bettin' while we're at it?"

Akaryuterra buys a long-necked glass bottle full of Commissar's Hammer barley wine.

Noelle tags along towards the bar, leaning against it as she settles for watching, rubbing at her
    shoulder idly.

Moirean looks away at your words. "Make the new guy go!" she declares, levelling a finger at Ingram.
    Aarbrok eyes Ingram, giving him the once over.

Moirean smirks and returns her attention to Teani. The smirk lasts only a few seconds, vanishing
    into a thoughtful frown.

Ingram's hand drops to the side and he slowly flies his gaze up to peer at the ceiling with another
    wince.

You have emoted: Eleanor clicks her fingers, pointing at Ingram. "That's right, first night here,
    you definitely have to fight. But who'll take him on, eh?"

Moirean Seirath says to Wayward Aquila, Merelii Legerdemain, "I can get something sorted, sure."

Moirean ponders Teani's profile, deep in consideration.

Teani raises her chin, glancing across the room at Ingram, a small grin fleeting across her lips.
    "Scoundrel." she murmurs, mostly to herself. She then turns her attention back to Moirean.
    Attaining her fullest glory, the shining sun sits upon her throne at the apex of her daily trek
    through the firmament.

Sighing, Ingram turns back to the bar and silently shrugs off his coat, tossing it over the bartop.
    He turns from it and undoes his cuffs to roll his sleeves up to his elbows.

Ingram removes a suede duster coat.

Aarbrok grins mischievously at Moirean.

Merelii tilts her head back, inhaling sharply several times.

Clearing her throat, Moirean Seirath says, "The second contestant will be Teani."

Helpfully, Moirean Seirath says to Evening Sky, Teani Fiadhaich, "You can fight. That's what you can
    do to try to earn a spot in the Republic."

Ingram rolls a shoulder forward and cranes his neck this way and that before stepping forward. He
    shoves through the crowd with his elbows to reach the empty middle.

You have emoted: Eleanor beams broadly, clapping her hands together. "Brilliant! Then we've got our
    second pair. Make some space, lads!

Teani narrows her eyes at Moirean, grin turning into a smirk. "I was just -asking-." she mutters.
    Taking a deep breath, she lets it out in a long sigh, running a hand through her hair. "So much for
    that, I guess!"

Shouting over the crowd, Ingram barks out, "C'mon, Teani! Join up, live a little."

Akaryuterra bellows above the crowd, "Two thousand sovereigns ta the winner, make it good!" As he
    does, he pats a pouch hanging at his side and flashes a toothy grin at the fighters.

Merelii's eyes narrow, her nose wrinkling slightly as she sniffs the air, ears laid back against the
    racket in the bar.

You have emoted: Eleanor doesn't seem to consider that a refusal might be part of the situation.
    "Are you both ready," she calls out, her voice above the general holler and ruckus of the lively bar.

Teani rubs her hands together and moves further into the room, taking her place in the cleared-out
    space. She looks over at Ingram with an amused smile. "I'm sure you're delighted." She bends her
    knees a little, settling in a balanced stance, then she nods at you. "I suppose I am!"

"Ready," Ingram murmurs. He stands relatively still in place, watching Teani neutrally.

Aithene's laughter intermingles with the rest of the noise as she glances at you before the woman
    leans forward on the bar to glance over the various drinks. Not long after, she motions for the
    barkeep.

You say, "Alright! Some of you know the rules, some of you are new, so here they are again: Straight
    fisticuffs! No biting! No eye gouging! No guild or otherwise special arts!"

You say, "Hair-pulling only if you wish to be subject to it yourself! ThreetwooneGO!"

Ingram perks his head up to peer at you, asking, "Hair pulling?" The question is cut short by the
    answer.

Ingram's head rotates to peer back at Teani and he merely starts with a smile.

Teani holds her position, closing her hands into loose fists as she regards Ingram and awaits his
    move.

Ingram lifts an arm to his chest so he can more easily scratch at his elbow. His boots thud across
    the floor as he begins to close the distance, letting his hands fall to his sides. When he's within
    arm's reach, he stops.

Teani quickly spins to the side, tossing out a jab at Ingram's side before dancing away with a few
    agile steps. The attack is more of a test than anything else.

You have emoted: Eleanor settles herself against Akaryuterra's side. "We might have to hire a...
    what did Cannan call it, a bookie? For proper betting."

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent mutters, "S...nce Brot......"

Ingram takes his hit, body tilting over the place of impact. A small twitch hits his face but he
    swipes down at his shirt over the area. His shoulders roll forwards again and he takes a darting
    step forward, on Teani now. He begins to lifts his hands, semi-quick, and this serves as a hopeful
    distraction for when he scythes forward and down at the waist to aim the tough bone of his brow
    towards the bridge of Teani's nose.

Already moving backwards, Teani reaches out with both hands towards Ingram's shoulders as she
    continues in the same direction another step. Putting herself out of reach from Ingram's descending
    head, she raises a knee instead. With her grip on his shoulders, she attempts to add more speed
    towards the upthrusting knee.

Ingram slams a downward elbow into the top of Teani's thigh to try and drive it off face turning.
    His cheek still takes a good brunt of the impact and his head reels a bit, the man retreating.

You have emoted: Eleanor finds her glass again, taking a small sip of the brandy as the crowd erupts,
     already whipped into a frenzy by the pace of the fight. Hands are waved, drinks are sloshed, and
    everyone generally seems to be having a time of it all.

Moirean bounces from foot to foot, making "pow" sounds to herself as she swings at the air, her eyes
    on the fighting.

Akaryuterra rubs his chin thoughtfully, "Could do, but who're we gonna get. I mean, I'm just
    throwin' out two thousand ta the winner." Glancing at the fight, and then at you, he points out,
    "An' wouldn't ya need ta pay the bookie fer that?"

You have emoted: Eleanor quirks a brow. "Yes, because paying employees is a big problem for me," she
    responds, deadpan.

Akaryuterra's eyebrow pops up. "Point." he responds.

Teani follows Ingram as he retreats- Aiming for his hips, she lowers herself to tackle him to the
    ground.

Akaryuterra drinks from a long-necked glass bottle full of Commissar's Hammer barley wine.

Ingram mimics Teani's early action, hefting up a knee at the last moment.

Akaryuterra throws his arm around your shoulders. Most of his weight leans on the counter behind him,
     but he does direct some of it toward you.

You have emoted: Eleanor makes a small 'hff' sound, completely lost in the swell of noise that
    consumes the bar. She doesn't seem discontent, in any case, simply leaning a little more into
    Akaryuterra.

Teani takes advantage of her forwards motion and Ingram balancing on one leg. With a grunt of pain,
    she takes the knee on her shoulder, rolling it slightly to lessen the impact as she barrels into him.

Ingram tries to twist in the air, use the momentum, shift so Teani ends up on her back with an
    audible grunt.

Teani wheezes out a grunt as the air is pressed out of her lungs on impact. Looking up at Ingram,
    she grabs hold of his shoulders again, then thrusts a knee up savagely towards his groin. She
    follows up by trying to continue the rolling motion.

Ingram clenches his legs together, possibly too late, trying to catch the leg from impact as his
    hands match Teani's to clutch for shoulders. He draws his head down sharply so he can finish his
    headbutt from before.

Teani turns her head to the side barely in time to avoid a serious crushing of her nose. Ingram's
    forehead slams into her cheek in a way that is sure to leave a good bruising. For a short moment,
    her eyes are hazy, but she wraps her arm around his neck, keeping his head locked in position.

Ingram pushes an arm into Teani's chest and hikes the opposite back to begin sailing a series of
    blows into Teani's ribs, face reddened as he huffs in irritation.

You have emoted: The crowd roars and jostles as the fight continues, bellowing encouragement and
    insults in equal amounts. Eleanor raises up on her toes a little, peering over the sea of heads, but
    without sitting on the bar, she's largely out of luck in getting a clear view.

Moirean's attention is suddenly dragged away from the fighting as she lets out an abrupt gasp.
    "Pit!" she exclaims. "I left my firework workbench on!" With that, she scurries out of the bar,
    trailing a string of expletives.

Moirean leaves to the east.

Aithene's dark eyes roam over the two fighters briefly before the vampire pushes away from the bar.
    A slender hand comes to her head and she presses her fingers into her temples before picking a path
    through the gathering of people. She is shoved around a little by the patron which draws a hiss from
    the woman, however she finally makes it to the exit and slips out the door.

Aithene leaves to the east.

The ground rumbles faintly underfoot as an ominous, distant boom can be heard from somewhere near
    the sea.

With her knee still separating herself from Ingram, Teani brings the other up, rolling herself into
    a ball. She groans with each punch, face twisted into a grimace. As soon as she's settled, she
    directs a hard kick against his leg with one of her feet, then forces his off-balance body to roll
    sideways. Her grip around his neck tightens as soon as she finds a better position to clamp down on
    his airways.

Snarling, Ingram's face glistens faintly with sweat, eyes reddening. He wraps one hand around
    Teani's wrist, gripping, and uses his other to send a sucker-punch directly into Teani's larynx
    while her her hands are occupied with his throat, a knock-out measure of his force behind it.

Akaryuterra removes his arm from you and gives a nod to the counter, "Y'wanted a better view, yeah?"
    Your skin crawls as Akaryuterra's focus turns inward, and after a few short moments you feel
    inexplicably bolstered against harm.
                                                                                  [ +DEF+ SAFEGUARD ]
    Terrah arrives from the east.
    Terrah gives the world a smart salute.

You have emoted: Eleanor glances up at Akaryuterra. "Hm?"

Akaryuterra nods upward and pats his hand on the counter. "Y'looked like ya wanted a better view."

You have emoted: Eleanor bounces on her toes again. "I'm too short, apparently," she responds, with
    a hint of a pout.

Akaryuterra squats down and offers you a spot to step on, linking his fingers together. "Up ya go
    then."

You have emoted: Eleanor glances between Akaryuterra, the linked hands, and the bar. After a
    moment's thought she shrugs, and steps into the makeshift stirrup, using it as a boost to kip up
    onto the bar top for a seat and a better view.

Your pose is now set as:
    Eleanor is perched on the bar, high enough to see over the heads of the crowd.

Teani chokes from the sudden punch, kicking furiously at Ingram's leg without seeming to get much
    leverage. The grip around his neck slowly loosens. With a broken voice, she croaks out, "Alright...
    yield." She draws a ragged breath, pushing slightly at his chest as she brings her hand to her
    throat.

Ingram punts both hands into Teani's side with a baring of his teeth as he shoves Teani off him,
    rolling to his hands and feet to stand up, chest and shoulders heaving.

You have emoted: Again, the crowd erupts, cheers and cries of victory and won or lost bets filling
    the bar to the rafters. Eleanor nods, in an almost queenly manner as she surveys the ending fight
    from her perch on the bar. "And there's the yield! Second fight goes to the newcomer, Ingram!"

Wiping the back of his hand over his brow, then the swelling mark on his face, Ingram lifts the
    other one to wave at the crowd. He tries to die off his panting, closing his eyes a moment with a
    knitted brow. His head lifts and he looks over to Teani, dropping a hand to extend it to her.

Akaryuterra throws up his arms, sending a spout of beer from his bottle as he woops in celebration.
    "Good goin'!" he calls out as the beer comes back down on him and his nearest neighbor. "Oh, [SSSS],
    sorry." he says, his eyes widened in surprise.

Clearing her throat, Teani slowly gets to her feet thanks to Ingram's helping hand rubbing her neck.
    "Damn... that last punch of yours did me in." She grins wryly at him. "Good fight though." she says,
    moving off the open floor. She wipes some sweat from her face.

Aarbrok wipes the beer off his face, muttering softly to himself before looking up at Akaryuterra,
    "Quite alright, Commissar." he states, shaking the ale off his hand onto the floor.

As he moves back to his previous spot on the bar, Ingram flicks a finger against the center of his
    shirt, fabric moving where it was once pinned down by a button that has disappeared. He mutters
    something and reaches out for his coat, shrugging it on with a mild wince.

Ingram puts on a suede duster coat.

Akaryuterra wipes some of the liquid from his arm and heads out to the floor where the two of them
    still stand. "Hey, it's two thousand ta the winner!" he announces loudly, intercepting Ingram on his
    way back.

You say, "Right then! Two fights, have we got any who fancy going in for a third?"

Ingram glances up at Akaryuterra, flashing a small and bloody smile. "Appreciate it," he replies,
    voice a bit raspier than standard.

Akaryuterra grins and reaches down to grab the pouch at his belt and dig around. Drawing a hand out,
    he peers down at the coins he withdrew, squinting.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Good enough."

Akaryuterra gives some gold sovereigns to Ingram.
    Teani rubs a hand over her bruised cheek. "Ow..." she winces, smirking a little. "And all that for
    asking one simple question."

Wayward Aquila, Merelii Legerdemain says to Evening Sky, Teani Fiadhaich, "It's Spinesreach. You
    expected different?"

Teani chuckles and shakes her head at Merelii. "No, not really."

Ingram tosses out a friendly fist to almost unnoticeably, against the hide, slug Akaryuterra in the
    side. "Thank you, Sir," he yells up at him, trying to beat the raucous sound.

Aarbrok snickers to himself, nodding at Merelii in response, "Be grateful you have the newcomer, and
    not the Commissar or the Hammer." he states offhandedly towards Teani.

Akaryuterra pats Ingram on the should, "Good fight. Earned it."

Merelii nods her head at Aarbrok.

Akaryuterra laughs aloud, pointing at Aarbrok, "Right?"

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "Im still tending to sore spots....thank you for reminding me."

Teani glances at Akaryuterra, then nods at Aarbrok. "Yeah, trust me. I am."

Aarbrok reaches up and rubs his neck idly, scowling horribly.

Akaryuterra takes up a spot in front of you.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "So what is it gonna be? We got some more fighters!?"

Akaryuterra casts a look around the collected people.

Ingram M. Tenor says, "If the winner has any sway in the decision, I'd pick Ferrik and.. Akaryuterra."

You say, "Ah come now, the boys have fought once tonight- someone else ought to have a go!"

Ingram finishes his travel back to the bar, leaning over it and dropping his forehead into a seat of
    his fingers, massaging. He slicks his hand up and back through his moistened hair to clear it from
    his brow.

Teani moves over to stand by the door, watching the crowd.

Two eyes pop up from a rather large and still growing puddle of beer - or at least 'alcoholic
    beverages', blinking to life only briefly before Ferrik closes them again. Laying down or perhaps
    floating completely still, the crocodilian is doing his best impression of a log, in the background.
    Very still. Save for the blinks every now and then.

Merelii smirks at Ferrik.

You have emoted: Eleanor leans over Akaryuterra's shoulder. "Hmmmmm. We might've run out of
    combatants for the night."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Awr. After only two fights?"

You say to Akaryuterra, "They were two -good- fights."

Akaryuterra appears genuinely disappointed in this development.

Joking grin lifting his face, Ingram looks from the bar and waves a hand at Akaryuterra. "I can beat
    you up, next, if you like," he says dryly.

You say, "I think someone -did- suggest a fight of the winners..."

Aarbrok looks over at Ingram and just opens his mouth, staring upon the man blankly shaking his head.

You have emoted: Eleanor glances about the bar, brow creased in thought as she tries to recall or
    spot whom.

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent mutters, "Bad choice."

Ingram's face falls a bit and he stands a little more upright. "I was so-very-kidding, Eleanor," he
    murmurs.

Didi arrives from the east.

Wayward Aquila, Merelii Legerdemain says, "Too late now."

(An OOC clan): You say, "COMBAT MUSIC, DIDI HAS ARRIVED."
    (An OOC clan): You say, "FINAL BOSS."

Noelle winces, leaning back against the bar.

Didi tilts her head back, inhaling sharply several times.

Didi pats herself on the head.

Akaryuterra looks at Ingram, sizing the man up for a moment. He glances sidelong at you, and then to
    Didi, and then to Merelii.

You say, "I thiiiink we've run out for the night."

You have emoted: Eleanor pats Akaryuterra on the shoulder, consolingly.

Visibly slumping, Ingram lets out a quiet sigh, born largely of relief.

Merelii snaps her fingers.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "I mean if h-."

Akaryuterra is watching Ingram when the man sighs, which informs him that fight night is, in fact,
    over. "Alright. We'll have another soon anyway."

Didi hums innocently to herself.

Ingram claps his hands together once, turning more towards the bar. "Well, suffice it to say, this
    was one kind of day, and I don't think I've ever been more exciting and happy about having a new
    home ever before. Thank you, everyone. I'm glad to be here."

"Sure!" Didi says agreeably.

Akaryuterra drinks from a long-necked glass bottle with traces of Commissar's Hammer barley wine.

You have emoted: Eleanor nods. "That's right! Seven months from now, ladies and gents, it's on again."

Aarbrok raises his bottle to Ingram, nodding his head.

Akaryuterra throws up his hand again, lifting his bottle in a toast to Ingram.

You see Akaryuterra shout, "Hroagh!"

You see Aarbrok shout, "Hroagh!"

You see Ingram shout, "Hroagh!"

You say, "Yes, indeed, ah..."

You shout, "Hroagh!"

Searching the crowd, but no longer finding the Imp there, Teani lifts a shoulder in a shrug. She
    nods her head to the gathered people, then slips out the door.

Teani leaves to the east.

Grand Duke Zsadist Lunare, Angelsbane's voice resonates across the land, "Your alcoholic plunderings
    are not necessary."
    [ ?? ]

"Okay," Ingram barks out. "I've got to run off and visit a friend. Have hell of a month, everyone!"
    Merelii grins mischievously at Ingram.

Ingram inclines his head politely to those around him.

Didi says, "Be good."

Akaryuterra turns around and walks up to the bar, raising his arms to you, bottle still in hand.
    "Ready then?"

Didi inclines her head politely to those around her.

Ingram leaves to the east.

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says, "Back to my reading then...."

You have emoted: Eleanor slings an arm around Akaryuterra's shoulder. "We're off?"

Didi says, "Poetry."

Aarbrok Furor, the Virulent says to Didi, "Far more fascinating, I assure you."

Didi tilts her head and listens intently.

You begin to follow Akaryuterra.

Akaryuterra turns and steps aside, holding his bottle away from you so he can aid you in returning
    to the ground.

Merelii's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Merelii grins mischievously at Aithene.

Didi gets some gold sovereigns from a pink oceanic pack.

Didi buys a long-necked glass bottle full of Zaphar Reserve Lager.

Comprehension flashes across Merelii's face.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across the lips of Aithene as she glances at Merelii.

Didi puts a long-necked glass bottle into a letter bearing the Spinesreach flag.

Didi closes a letter bearing the Spinesreach flag.

You have emoted: Eleanor uses Akaryuterra to brace herself, slipping to the edge of her bar on the
    way back toward the floor.

Didi hands a letter to a homing pigeon, which takes it in its beak, allowing it to flutter off into
    the air. After a few moments, it returns with the letter gone.

Merelii creases her brow in a frown.

Akaryuterra gives a satisfied nod and slips out from under your arm, "Right then. Back home, yeah?"

Noelle sips from a long-necked glass bottle of Spirean Whitebeer.

Merelii waves goodbye.
    Merelii leaves to the east.

You say, "Looks like. Our work here is done!"

Aarbrok inclines his head politely to those around him.

A ghostly apparition vanishes from sight to the east.

Didi waves goodbye.

Noelle inclines her head politely to those around her.

Didi inclines her head politely to those around her.

You have emoted: Eleanor gives a cheerful wave goodbye.

Akaryuterra reaches up, holding the bottle in hand and extending two fingers to the cigarette
    plugged into the corner of his mouth.

Akaryuterra plucks the cigarette from his mouth and uses the same two fingers to offer a lazy salute
    to all of the attendees, "Alright erryone, have a good evenin'! Thanks fer comin'." He pivots on one
    foot, sways a bit, and then makes his way out the door with you in tow.

You follow Akaryuterra to the east.
    [/spoiler]

Teani