Hunting Class

So with the changes to statpacks...I was curious which was the best class on shadow side for hunting. If it is Prea or Teradrim and any suggestions for enhancements? So far I did str, con, cutting, magic, and exp.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Praenomen and Teradrim indeed. Completely unartied, Praenomen wins out due to much higher tankiness and being not too far behind in damage, if you have strength arties then Teradrim wins out because their stuff scales so much more with strength than Praenomen's, if you go full artied (ie everything that can improve bashing) then Praenomen wins again with similar damage but higher tankiness.

If you want a pure bashing statpack: Typical, +str, +con, +experience x2, +bal.
    Demion
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited February 2014
    If you have a lot of defensive artifacts, Carnifex is the best for sheer speed. You have multiple attacks for crits and great uptime, without the squishier audit that monks/lycans have, and ssl multitargets, so if you kill a Xorani with the first swing, the 2nd half of the combo will hit another Xorani in the room - very efficient and great uptime. With proper use of orbs/amulets and a few arties, the tankiness other classes give isn't as important and you want to look into what kills stuff quickest. 

This is assuming you have a moderate artifact collection. Unartifacted, the class is kinda meh and not exceptionally tanky, and is subpar to vamps and Teradrim.

Indorani is also quite good in a niche way (they have a very nice audit against physical damage and can great self healing), while you'll never die as a Cabalist unless you explicitly try to; both of them are good for stuff like fighting honors mobs. Neither of these hit exceptionally hard or fast, though.

Mage and Syssin are underwhelming, although with decent strength and a high-damage whip you can one-shot a lot of stuff which feels fun to do. >_>
    Demion
  • I will get Carnifex as soon as I can. Right now I have Teradrim and Nightstalker. I wad thinking of going bloodborn for combat but might take Prae for hunting and just focus on gold and credits to get arties...thanks for the advice.
  • Having bashed as Teradrim and Carnifex, being fairly artied, Teradrim is better for mag resist stuff by far - I cannot autobash Xaanhal spec'd as I am, but I can do it as Teradrim. Tiyen, Carnifex is faster some but Teradrim is solid too. If you have Teradrim and prae already, spend the credits on arties instead of getting Carnifex IMO. Especially since the revamp, whenever it is, may change everything.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Thanks Toz. Appreciate the insight. I love the audit on Teradrim and just found out about using fend with vigilance so it is getting a hit easier...think I will take your advice and work on Arties...anyone know if they are going to have any for Teradrim? Didn't see any listed so will start with the standard stuff then work on Prae
  • The sand jar or clay jar is a hunt boon, nicely ups your damage - str scaling is solid and you can get some real use out of sip buffs. You are just tank in general - maybe a resist for your tower?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    If you use orbs and amulets and have a blessing, Carnifex is perfectly fine for autobashing Xaanhal - as I said, it's about the speed, not the audit. I have moderate artis (2 con, 2 sip, 2 enhance) and I can autobash Xaanhal in every class in pretty much any statpack setup. I can autobash it on my alt as well in Sentinel, which has a pretty meh magic resistance audit, who only buys ylem amulets and has no artis, so I'd say the artifact investment isn't that mandatory if you set up statpack resists right.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Hunting boon > crit arti > strength arti as far as cost effectiveness. The problem with hunting boon is that it only works for that one class though.
  • So I went and reset my enhancements as you suggested @Ezalor as well as got an artie shield and lvl3 hunting jar for Teradrim.

Also got red orb and blue orb plus green and white amulet and starchart...thanks to all the advice hunting is getting a lot easier.

Thanks for all the advice, still got work to do but getting there. If there is anything else I am missing, please let me know.
  • Don't go Bloodborn just for hunting. Bloodborn is very good for PK, but mediocre for bashing. Sanguispect isn't nearly as good as Affinity.
  • @Demion if you are using Teradrim also remember to paint your golem with yellow, adds a sip bonus as well. I can bash Tiyen and Xaanhal practically blindfolded in Tera. I get into trouble sometimes taking on like 4 aggros at once, but if you can get your golem to attack one of the others quick enough, it makes it really fun.

• @Veovis If I go Bloodborn it is strickly for combat. I know they aren't great for hunting.

@Damonicus Appreciate the tip about painting the golem.

It's kind of sad that I have been playing thi game for so long and still know so little. Thankfully there are wiser people willing to help out. Appreciate it a lot everyone.